Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

newbee22 wrote: »
    Got my 9th silver 7!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant news. Congratulations.

fionas046 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly I can't pin it on any of the above. :confused: I think its time to call it a day:o

Sorry to hear that the weight loss isn't going so well. Take comfort in how well you've done so far. I know you want to get to that (elusive at the moment) goal - just believe that you will eventually & try to stay positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

millee wrote: »
    Donegal3, Hi there, I only started last week and am finding my way around this site, I saw in your posting that you are doing W,W, from home, so am I . How are you finding it, do you finf these boards helpfull?

Hi Millee

Welcome to WW I started in April and would be completely lost if it wasn't for this board, it's like my meeting and everyone is very supportive and it is great for recipes and tips. I have lost 1st and 11 lb :D so far. Good luck with your journey and if I can do anything to help just send a message or PM and I will help you out;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

If basic obedience training goes well with new puppy in a few weeks, I'm going to go onto advanced, and agility! Alot of ppl say agility is great fun and great excercise! Your running around like a lunatic! Plus it would be a great way for me to meet ppl, get out of the house!

Who knows could be the start of something huge :D enter shows and competitions and join clubs :D

Today the first day in ages been feeling BACK IN CONTROL of myself! I did go a lil nutty on biscuits this morning....but didnt let it derail me...i tracked them...wasnt too bad...i still managed to have a nice healthy lunch! big salad with 1/2 chicken breast :D, and had one of the tortilla quiche for dinner with chicken breast!

I tried it with ww wraps....not worth it....for the sake of 2pp I would say go for the tesco light choice wraps! the ww wraps are tiny! didnt even fill the cake tin i use!

Oh god have been away over a week and WW went out the window, my dad is sick with cancer and had a reaction to his treatment last Wed (he has stabilised again now though) so I couldn't make WI and the routine I had going fell apart.. I was going to skip WI this Wed as I'm afraid of being up but have decided to go to get back on track!

Although my eating was rushed and mostly convenience food in the hospital I managed to get in a bit of exercise when I could.. Not having the tracker for the week has left me all over the place!

Hope everyone else has had a good week and good losses :)

Sorry to hear about your father it can be so hard my father just finished his treatment last week. It can be so tough running to the hospital all the time and trying to make healthy choices. Hope he gets better soon and good luck with your WI this week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Week 10 for me and today for the first time I stayed the same, the leader said looking at my weights over the weeks my body seems to be doing it's own thing and going at it's own pace, I could lose 2, then lose 1 or lose 2 and gain one!!! She said that every second week seems to be great, but I don't mind, it's coming off, 10 pounds in 10 weeks, with 5 left to target!!! I said I might actually get to see a real gold card this time around;) and she said ohhh you definitely will if I've anything to do with it:) raging I couldn't stay today for talk, also first one I missed, but you guys are like my own little cheerleaders:) such a great informative and very supportive thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

Thanks to whomever suggested the M&S kids meals last week. I got a couple of the Spag Bol which are only 6 points :) I was a but silly in going shopping right begore closing time so they had a v poor selection - will try the curry next time. They are quite small but very good value to get any hot lunch for such low points I think!! I'll probably need a few pieces of fruit alongside it to fill my gaping hole of a stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Hi Millee

Welcome to WW I started in April and would be completely lost if it wasn't for this board, it's like my meeting and everyone is very supportive and it is great for recipes and tips. I have lost 1st and 11 lb :D so far. Good luck with your journey and if I can do anything to help just send a message or PM and I will help you out;).

I feel so cross with myself!! I joined WW in April also but didn't stick with it and am struggling now. I'm thinking now wouldn't it be so good to have lost all that weight by now. Well done!!

I feel so cross with myself!! I joined WW in April also but didn't stick with it and am struggling now. I'm thinking now wouldn't it be so good to have lost all that weight by now. Well done!!

Thanks Grannie Annie, it's been a hard struggle and definately hasn't been easy. My DH has taken over the role of doing the weekly shopping as I'd throw loads in that shouldn't be there:p. Lol!!

Everytime I struggle or want something bold I come on here and see how well everyone else is doing and who reached their goal and I want that to be some day!!! Good luck with your WI:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

down 2LBS!! that's 5LBS in 2weeks of back to excersise where prior to that it took me 3weeks to loose .75LBS without excersise

really close now to a pile of targets

+2LBS away from going below 200LBS!
    3LBS away from having lost my 3rd stone!
    +3LBS away from going below 90kgs!
    6LBS away from saying goodbye to the 14st!
    8LBS away from 20% lost!

Well done to all on their losses this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Hi, just started WW last week. Wanted to join this thread as a support group, to get info about pro points and to talk with people who are in the same position as me. Im so happy, went to my first weigh in yesterday and ive lost 5lbs in my first week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

hotfire wrote: »
    Hi, just started WW last week. Wanted to join this thread as a support group, to get info about pro points and to talk with people who are in the same position as me. Im so happy, went to my first weigh in yesterday and ive lost 5lbs in my first week.....

Well done you, keep up the good work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Thanks Fionas046, I kow I have a long way to go and I expect the weight loss to be slower from now on.... I was very nervous before my WI. Going to London for the weekend so dreading trying to point foods in restaurants over there...... Will defo be using my weekly allowance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

just back from WI.. Havent been in 4 weeks and was up 8lbs.. im shocked! i knew i was being bold but thats a right kick in the a**e now!!! need to get back on the wagon pronto!! just wondering has anyone got ideas/recipes for things I can make for dinner and freeze so that on days when Iv very little time/energy I can take out something healthy and low in pp?? getting a bit tired of the usual spag bols etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Thanks Donegal 3,that is the reason I decided to join these boards, I wasn't confident enough to do this just by myself. I like the idea of this being a virtual meeting, with a lot of different people who are all at different stages of their weight loss, and who all seem to be more then willing to pass on any hints and tips, and just general encouragement to newbies like me. My hint is to freeze some grapes, they are lovely and refreshing to nibble on at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Had great dinner last night....made a Quorn mince Shepherd's Pie so real comfort food!! Great tip......I boiled turnip with my potatoes and mashed them together for the topping. I think with the pro points in potatoes it can be a real thin layer, This way it was REALLY thick so it felt like I was having loads, couple of sprays of spray oil on top before going into oven so it browned real nice. HUGE dish of it and really low in points (20 for entire dish).....

Every little bit helps when your trying to trick yourself into thinking your having what you used to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

hotfire wrote: »
    Thanks Fionas046, I kow I have a long way to go and I expect the weight loss to be slower from now on.... I was very nervous before my WI. Going to London for the weekend so dreading trying to point foods in restaurants over there...... Will defo be using my weekly allowance :D

It's ok. I was in London last weekend for 3 days and managed to lose a pound somehow. I don't track on weekends away but my trick is just eat sensibly (you can have what you fancy but just keep the portions small)and I use my weeklies for booze but just don't eat all the rubbish that normally accompanies a drinking session. No curry chip at 3.30am and no massive fry up the next morning and you'll be fine. Oh, and lots of dancing helps too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Had great dinner last night....made a Quorn mince Shepherd's Pie so real comfort food!! Great tip......I boiled turnip with my potatoes and mashed them together for the topping. I think with the pro points in potatoes it can be a real thin layer, This way it was REALLY thick so it felt like I was having loads, couple of sprays of spray oil on top before going into oven so it browned real nice. HUGE dish of it and really low in points (20 for entire dish).....

Every little bit helps when your trying to trick yourself into thinking your having what you used to!!

The turnip is a great idea..will defo be trying that..thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nickiewh

Hi Everyone,

I have been with weight Watchers for the last 3 months. I have done great so far with a total lost of 1st 2lb. However over the last 4 weeks I have been up and down every week.

I came home from my meeting last night and cried. I have a total of 7 stone to loose and weeks like this make me feel like I am never going to get there.

I have PCOS which gives me very irregular periods. So I haven't gotten one in over two months. Can this affect my weight lost like this?

This thread as been a god send to me so far so I am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I use carrots instead of turnip, makes it nice and thick and feels like you are getting a good lump of spuddies :D

• Advertisement

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I use carrots instead of turnip, makes it nice and thick and feels like you are getting a good lump of spuddies :D

Ooo I'll try that next time, thanks.

Like I said I'm trying to convince myself all the time and the turnip was white so I couldn't tell the difference ;) The things you do eh??

cant do it!

cant bring my self to get up on the treadmill....just have zero desire these days to even do half hour on treadmill!

but *touchwood* so far today my eating and water intake has been good!

The cheese and tomatoe muffins are LOVELY! i had one for lunch....cut in half and lil but of waffer ham and lettuce, relish....YUM! there like savory scones.
    and a skinny latte for 2pp

Light lunch 6pp :D

Muffin 3pp
    Latte 2pp
    Waffer Ham 1pp
    Relish (tiny tiny amount) 0pp

Do you have a TV in front of the treadmill?? Just do it while watching one programme. It's always the thoughts of it thats worse. It's only a measly 30 mins and then when it's done you'll feel like the bees knees........don't even think about it just DO IT be over for the day before you know it!! It's like eating, you only need one good day to spiral to the next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

WI this morning and was down 2.5 lbs :) (over 2 weeks though as I missed my last meeting). I feel great as I got my first silver seven and reached my 5%..

Any bit of positivity is great at the moment so I feel on a high. Went straight to the gym after and did 2hrs of hard work, hopefully can keep it up for the whole week..

Great idea about mashing the carrots into the potatoes, will try it some day soon :)

nickiewh wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I have been with weight Watchers for the last 3 months. I have done great so far with a total lost of 1st 2lb. However over the last 4 weeks I have been up and down every week.

I came home from my meeting last night and cried. I have a total of 7 stone to loose and weeks like this make me feel like I am never going to get there.

I have PCOS which gives me very irregular periods. So I haven't gotten one in over two months. Can this affect my weight lost like this?

This thread as been a god send to me so far so I am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks

Don't know how good I would be at helping you out, just wanted to encourage you to stick with it because it does work. I lost 6 stone 16/17 years ago & it transformed my life. I have only recently lost my pregnancy weight (even though my baby is 4!), again through weightwatchers. You have done really well by joining in the first place & with the weight you have already lost. You should be really proud of yourself. I'm sorry to hear that the last 4 weeks have been so disheartening, but think positive & hopefully you'll have a good result next week.

Do you have a TV in front of the treadmill?? Just do it while watching one programme. It's always the thoughts of it thats worse. It's only a measly 30 mins and then when it's done you'll feel like the bees knees........don't even think about it just DO IT be over for the day before you know it!! It's like eating, you only need one good day to spiral to the next :)

I made my self do a load of house work as penence for not using treadmill! Getting it all done this evening....so i have no excuse what so ever to avoid it!

So far so good...still having a good food day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

I need a bit of help pointing 2 small sausage rolls I bought in spar today. Would anyone have an idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nickiewh

fofany wrote: »
    Don't know how good I would be at helping you out, just wanted to encourage you to stick with it because it does work. I lost 6 stone 16/17 years ago & it transformed my life. I have only recently lost my pregnancy weight (even though my baby is 4!), again through weightwatchers. You have done really well by joining in the first place & with the weight you have already lost. You should be really proud of yourself. I'm sorry to hear that the last 4 weeks have been so disheartening, but think positive & hopefully you'll have a good result next week.

Thanks for that. I do feel a lot better this evening just had the ww Pork Lasagne wow its just lovely.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I made my self do a load of house work as penence for not using treadmill! Getting it all done this evening....so i have no excuse what so ever to avoid it!

So far so good...still having a good food day :D

Good woman!! Being up and moving is better than doing nothing and the house gets clean, its a win win situation!.....

• Advertisement

Good woman!! Being up and moving is better than doing nothing and the house gets clean, its a win win situation!.....

thats one thing i do.....if i cant bring my self to use treadmill...i will do loads around the house...so at least i didnt blow off the treadmill to just watch tv or something...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement