Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well I'm back after seriously falling off the wagon :o Went to Edinburgh a few weeks ago and put on a few lbs. I then decided to wait til I went to my WI so I could get back to my pre holiday weight. Of course that didn't happen and the junk food just kept calling to me.

I've been back on track since Sat and I've my first WI back tonight. It'll probably be 4/5lbs up but if I don't go back now and tackle it, it'll just get worse.

Well done to everyone who has had losses the last week. Some great numbers there :) and welcome to all the new people. Good luck on your journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Lost a pound at weigh in, am 2.5 pounds to goal now (cant believe it) but i'm heading to Italy next Thursday for a week. Mouth watering already at the thoughts of the vino and pasta, please god ill stay relatively on track! I plan on doing lots of walking to counteract the dinners. Good luck to those weighing in today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fish & chips tonight! so not in the mood proper "cooking"

boil a few spuds, chop em up....throw them in the oven.
    + some yellow fin sole!

Got my results today.....Passed the course so i'm happy....but just thought I would have done better...so not feeling too great!

on plus side....loving all my new clothes...just need somewhere to where them to! lol hate wearing "good new clothes" at home...cos I always end up getting covered in mud from the dogs, espeicially now the garden is a building site!

currently in coffee heaven! Got Chocolate Mocha Beans from Mahers coffee yesterday.....oh i've died and gone to heaven. black coffee beans so its 0pp! the chocolate mocha is in the treatment of the the beans :D i have it with literly a DASH of skimmed milk

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Hey I think it's 7 for small, 12 for medium and 19 for large. Checked it on ww uk site before. I love love love cinema popcorn!

Thanks, love it too

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Boop22 wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow and am pretty nervous. Stayed within my points everyday and used 20 weeklies!!! Only went on 3 walks though. Really hoping to lose something to kick start me back into this :-/

Good luck, my first weigh in is tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

down 1.5lbs this evening :D and finally got my gold card :D woohooo :D although its my daughter's birthday tomorrow and im making (well attempting to) her a birthday cake and will just have to try it he he

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Well done to everyone on their losses. I took 2 weeks off , I had a wedding in rome so I went a bit mad! I put up 3lbs. Anyhow on my first day back on track I ended up going out for lunch and having a ham&cheese panini with a bowl of chips. Can someone help me with the propoints please? I hope I haven't gone too far off track:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

jackmax wrote: »
    down 1.5lbs this evening :D and finally got my gold card :D woohooo :D although its my daughter's birthday tomorrow and im making (well attempting to) her a birthday cake and will just have to try it he he

Congratulations, it looks like your start BMI was similar to mine, so inspirational to see someone actually getting there. Well Done!!

I lost 0.5 lbs today which is not great but if I loose next week it'll mean I achieved my personal goal of loosing every week for twelve weeks. Every little helps I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Congratulations!!!! Just did a quick calculation based on your ticker and I see you've lost 4 stone plus half a pound, fair play to you!!! Magnificent achievement!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

awww thanks girls :) I still can't believe I have done it :eek: back in January I never thought I would get here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1/2lb tonight. Totally deserved. Hope I can pull myself onto the wagon from here on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Lost a pound, am delighted as i was doing the half a pound see saw for the last four weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Ramette wrote: »
    Lost a pound, am delighted as i was doing the half a pound see saw for the last four weeks :rolleyes:

Well done with all the losses every one hope I see one tomorrow or sts even

awww thanks girls :) I still can't believe I have done it :eek: back in January I never thought I would get here :)

Jackmax, did you lose all the weight since January? In awe here!

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well done with all the losses every one hope I see one tomorrow or sts even

I'm the same, was up pound and half last week so would be very very happy to lose that. I've been goodish all week but it's the "ish" bit that will get me! On the plus side OH's car has been in the garage this week, I'm off work till Friday and he's had my car so in the a.m. I've been walking into town - 40 mins round trip, and then in the evening going for walk with OH for best part of an hour too so hopefully that will help towards redressing last week and the "ish" bits this week!
    Roll on tomorrow morning so I can get it over with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Well done everyone, my WI is tomorrow evening and I'm dreading it, just hope the wedding didn't do too much damage!! Would be lovely to be down but I HIGHLY doubt it, I'll be happy if I STS. Good luck everyone else weighing in tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Dont forget to PM me your WIs for the spreadsheet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Down 2lb tonight which brings my loss to the 2 stone mark, thought i would never get to that.

Anyway roll on the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all, does anyone know the points in a bottle of Chardonnay:( I'm guessing between 20-25? there's half my weeklies gone and it's only Wednesday!! But it was lovely...

tattoo86 wrote: »
    Down 2lb tonight which brings my loss to the 2 stone mark, thought i would never get to that.

Anyway roll on the weekend!!

Well done you, I'm currenlty 2 st 1 lb down - feels great dosnt it!

• Advertisement

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know the points in a bottle of Chardonnay:( I'm guessing between 20-25? there's half my weeklies gone and it's only Wednesday!! But it was lovely...

19 I think?

LinK3 wrote: »

19 - 20 for a bottle of medium white wine....ouch, I know, but personally I've found booze heavy weeks haven't put me up too much on the scales, so try not to worry too much just watch your eating from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Found a few low pp snacks in tesco. Tesco Salt & Vinegar Rice cakes are only 1pp each. Tesco choc brownie bites are only 1pp each too. KP meanies only 2pp per multipack bag, low pp yumminess ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Tmeos wrote: »
    Well done you, I'm currenlty 2 st 1 lb down - feels great dosnt it!

Ya feels really good, especially when when old clothes start fitting better again, and your getting compliments on your weight loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Found a few low pp snacks in tesco. Tesco Salt & Vinegar Rice cakes are only 1pp each. Tesco choc brownie bites are only 1pp each too. KP meanies only 2pp per multipack bag, low pp yumminess ! :D

The S&V rice cakes are 3 for 2pp - they are a snack fav of mine! Sometimes, I jazz them up by putting some Extra Light Philly on top, cracked black pepper and some smoked salmon - pure heaven! :D They're nice in the evening if you don't want to be eating crap but want something tasty!

WI tonight - have to face the music but not looking forward to it! On the plus side, I'm in a good mood because I have my size 10 skirt on from Penny's! :D Ok so it has an elasticated waistband, I'm no size 10 & I look like an extra from Grease, who cares, it makes me happy! :D

Have been trying to jazz up my breakfasts in the morning so the last two mornings, I've had a boiled egg with 2 slices of Nimble Bread toasted. I thought that a boiled egg would slow me up in the morning getting it ready but actually I'm ready earlier because I leave everything ready the night before and while the kettle is boiling, I'm washing my face and while the egg is boiling, I'm putting my make up on so I'm more time efficient! :D And they are really filling. It's been three hours now since I had it and I'm not hungry at all, normally I'd be starting my countdown to teabreak now, but I'm grand! :D Even the OH started on them this am and he never has brekkie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    WI tonight - have to face the music but not looking forward to it! On the plus side, I'm in a good mood because I have my size 10 skirt on from Penny's! :D Ok so it has an elasticated waistband, I'm no size 10 & I look like an extra from Grease, who cares, it makes me happy! :D

I know what you mean with the size 10 - I have a size 10 top I bought recently & I feel the same about it. I'll never be a size 10 either, but the fact that it says '10' on the label is such a boost!

Good luck tonight with WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Well done everyone for the losses this week.

Down 1/2 pound last night. Good that its a loss, shall keep repeating that mantra. TOM is due so i am putting it down to that and a slight slip on Tuesday night.
    Just wish my leader was a bit more encouraging rather than trying to get through people on the scales! I'm actually now skipping the classes as she's no great at all. Its like she's just going through the motions. (can't find another class at a suitable time!)

Anyway on wards and downwards. Am very determined to sort myself out this week, hit the gym more and start properly cooking for myself that easy options. Also noticed my picking habits shot up last week, must cut that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Heya
    Not sure if this will be useful to anyone else but I've found a new little lunch option. Was really struggling with finding things to eat for lunches that didn't involve bread or wraps so I started getting the M&S count on us ready meals for lunch. Anyway, got a bit bored of those and happened to spot the simply kids range. Turns out, they have loads of little tasty meals for like 5/6/7 points that you can just zap in the microwave. I wouldn't say they're substantial enough for your dinner but I find they make a really filling lunch. They have everything from chicken curry and rice to spag bol. Just thought I'd share as I find lunch is the most difficult meal of the day to get right and I like to leave enough points that I can have a nice dinner and treat later on in the day.
    OMG donnamc5 im the exact same find lunch time the hardest aswell so this is really useful for me . Is this simply kids range also in M&S??They sound perfect for me :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

19 - 20 for a bottle of medium white wine....ouch, I know, but personally I've found booze heavy weeks haven't put me up too much on the scales, so try not to worry too much just watch your eating from here on in.[/Quote]

No it didn't hurt:) it was worth the 20 points! I had it over two nights, mixing it with soda water, in fact I'd say I'll get one more glass tonight!!! I just won't go out at the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

OMG donnamc5 im the exact same find lunch time the hardest aswell so this is really useful for me . Is this simply kids range also in M&S??They sound perfect for me :D:D:D

Heya

Yep. The one I go to on Grafton street, the kiddies section is beside the count on us section so it was just in my line of sight. It's definitely making my life easier. I got a load and fired them in the freezer so there is always something there. I try and make extra dinner to use for lunches but sometimes the OH munches it so it's nice to have something to fall back on. So far I've had spag bol, chicken curry and cottage pie. All very filling. To be fair they don't cost much more than the sandwich and crisps I used to buy but are more filling and use very little points so a winner in my eyes. After putting on 1lb over the past couple of weeks I really want to try hard this week to see a loss next one so being organised is the key I hope :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement