Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

My W.W. pack arrived in the post an hour ago, and boy there is so much to take in! if I could lose weight by brain exercise alone I would be getting off to a good start lol. My weigh in will start on Fri morning and every Fri from then on. I have just turned 50!! and my dad passed away a few weeks ago, I nursed him since Xmass and really let things go. I have always had a weight problem but with my dad, my age, and every other excuse under the sun I must be about 4st overweight by now! Will not know the horrer stat. untill I step on scales on Fri, but I know that the rot has to STOP NOW, no more feeling sorry for myself=comfort eating=feeling even worse=feeling sorry and on and on..So back to trying to figure out how all this works before Fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

LinK3 wrote: »
    Wish I could lose one and a half!!! Wi tomorrow again, and not feeling very confident at all.. Mine has ground to a complete halt the last few weeks!!

Dat can happen LinK3 it's lyk u jus hit a wall or something but stay positive leave me no hw WI goes 2day best of luck wit it :):D:):D
    Would you believe it... I lost 2 pounds this weekî—î—î—î—î—î—î—so happy as you can probably guess! So it's 4 pounds off my stone and 6 away from goal... I am sooooo going to do this.. I've got a chicken Marengo in the slow cooker, posted by one user and a quorn chilli in the oven, and about 12 freezer containers!! My mojo is back;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

millee wrote: »
    I have just turned 50!! and my dad passed away a few weeks ago, I nursed him since Xmass and really let things go. I have always had a weight problem but with my dad, my age, and every other excuse under the sun I must be about 4st overweight by now! Will not know the horrer stat. untill I step on scales on Fri, but I know that the rot has to STOP NOW, no more feeling sorry for myself=comfort eating=feeling even worse=feeling sorry and on and on..So back to trying to figure out how all this works before Fri?
    Hi Millee, I can so relate to your situation!! I'm still parent minding, just finished studying (something I had to go back and do for myself), working, dealing with family issues - selfish siblings - and therefore feeling sorry for myself and of course the vicious circle!! I started off again last week and had two very good days followed by a disasterous weeked and still struggling! Right now I have very little confidence in myself to succeed at this. Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Millee,
    Condolences on the loss of your Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

went shopping for few clothes....just a few cheap and cheerful bits for the summer....well cheap as you can get in plus size....

but you know what.....looking in the mirror.....i can definitely see i'm getting smaller!

And the prices werent too bad, got a few basic stuff that can be dressed up and dressed down :)

Also got some REALLY nice fancy coffee beens in Mahers :D there chocolate mocha beans....(i got them ground up) But its black coffee :P LOL its black coffee that tastes like mocha :D 0pp Thats saves me 2pp in my breakfast every morning :D

:D I'm a very happy bunny today :) walking around town all day....at least 3 hours :P but was totally stroleing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

3 weeks in France = 3.5lb up! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

fionas046 wrote: »
    3 weeks in France = 3.5lb up! :o

Not too bad, a few weeks ago I did 2 days in Glasgow & was 3lb up!:(. I lost it again the next week & I'm sure you'll do the same. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Caros wrote: »
    GT, I sent you my weight (gain:() for last week and you replied to my PM but it doesn't appear on the list for the week, ref the list I have remained the same!

you did indeed, I've fixed the sheet for next week .... sorry:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Ronaldo*

1kg down this week. Very chuffed.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

4.5lbs down!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Was expecting to be up at least 10lbs! 4stone 6lbs gone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

newbee22 wrote: »
    4.5lbs down!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Was expecting to be up at least 10lbs! 4stone 6lbs gone!!

Fantastic. You must subconsciously be following the WW plan & making healthy choices even when you're not tracking! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you feel great with all that weight gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey shanna wow 6.5 pounds is a brilliant start ! Put the weekend behind you and keep going. Your message struck a chord with me, i remember feeling exactly like that, i felt unhealthy and uncomfortable. Every time i sat down on the couch i picked up a cushion to hide my belly. I did despair at times and I def had a few weekends like you had this weekend but the important thing is to keep going. Now I'm 3 pounds off my goal. Trust me of I can do it then you can! Any time u feel tempted just remember what you wrote here and think of fitting into a size 14 dress. You can do it :-)

P.s. I know some steroids can cause bloating as can TOM but important thing is to keep going regardless. It will pay off eventually.

Thanks Kareno, I went for a walk yesterday evening and this morning and did a good bit of housework today so hopefully some of the sweat that seemed to be running off me got rid of a few pounds too!! I so hear you about the couch thing, I always feel like I have to hide my belly, madness. Congratulations on your acheivement, that's so good to hear - only 3 pounds and you hit goal, that's BRILLIANT!
    millee wrote: »
    My W.W. pack arrived in the post an hour ago, and boy there is so much to take in! if I could lose weight by brain exercise alone I would be getting off to a good start lol. My weigh in will start on Fri morning and every Fri from then on. I have just turned 50!! and my dad passed away a few weeks ago, I nursed him since Xmass and really let things go. I have always had a weight problem but with my dad, my age, and every other excuse under the sun I must be about 4st overweight by now! Will not know the horrer stat. untill I step on scales on Fri, but I know that the rot has to STOP NOW, no more feeling sorry for myself=comfort eating=feeling even worse=feeling sorry and on and on..So back to trying to figure out how all this works before Fri?

Sorry about your Dad Millee x The material can be so overwhelming, I haven't even read it all yet, I just use the little purple book and the tracker. The wheel is handy too, you only need to point something once and write it down so you know again.

How the hell do you point chips? The OH cooked himself some chips at lunchtime today, they were really skinny string chips, cooked in a deep fryer (the DEVIL), and I took 10 of them (yes, I counted :rolleyes:) and dipped them into my soup. How the heck do I point them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

fofany wrote: »
    Not too bad, a few weeks ago I did 2 days in Glasgow & was 3lb up!:(. I lost it again the next week & I'm sure you'll do the same. Good luck.

Thanks Fofany, to be honest I'm not toooooo upset with it. I really did have a great holiday and when I think back to all i ate.......well, I got off lightly! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gia K

Maybe your system just not used to carbs? hope you not gluten free its a pain to have watch everything you eat.

I put on 1/2 lb at W.I. disallusioned

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

First weigh in tomorrow and am pretty nervous. Stayed within my points everyday and used 20 weeklies!!! Only went on 3 walks though. Really hoping to lose something to kick start me back into this :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Boop22 wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow and am pretty nervous. Stayed within my points everyday and used 20 weeklies!!! Only went on 3 walks though. Really hoping to lose something to kick start me back into this :-/

Good luck. And don't be disheartened if it's not a great result, slow and steady wins the race xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »

Good luck. You are going to put me to shame lol :( And don't forget, if you don't get big numbers, after a few weeks you will definitely see inch loss. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thank you, that reminds me. Must actually do my body measurements tomorrow so I can track inch loss too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Now, as I sit here munching my cheerios with a big smile on my face ....

after 'only' loosing 0.75lbs, 1lbs, STS *2 in the last 4 weeks:mad:, today I return back to form!!!

2.75LBS Loss!!!:D:D:D:D:D which bring me to 15.35% Weight Loss in 21wks, and within 4LBS of my next mini target: cracking the 200LBS!!

This coinsides with being able to excersise again!! I had issues with my feet for 5-6weeks so didnt walk or run for those 6 weeks, but since my WI last week I've walked about 2miles a day and have done 2 20km+ cycles.

Excersise does make a difference obviously!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I actually can't wait to go to class this week. I'm seriously lacking in motivation this week! And not for lack of trying! I think it's because I'm so so tired. I'm only at work now and can feel my eyes going already. I've been so stressed out at work these last few weeks. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and had a total breakdown which I said I would never ever do at work :o But I think they get it now - I'm only one person, I cannot do three ppl's jobs! Anyway, as I said, I've been so tired that when I get home in the evenings, my willpower seems to disappear. I'm so totally going to be up at least 3lbs on Thurs - I just know it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I actually can't wait to go to class this week. I'm seriously lacking in motivation this week! And not for lack of trying! I think it's because I'm so so tired. I'm only at work now and can feel my eyes going already. I've been so stressed out at work these last few weeks. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and had a total breakdown which I said I would never ever do at work :o But I think they get it now - I'm only one person, I cannot do three ppl's jobs! Anyway, as I said, I've been so tired that when I get home in the evenings, my willpower seems to disappear. I'm so totally going to be up at least 3lbs on Thurs - I just know it :(

Don't put too much pressure on yourself! Life is hard enough!!!

I went back to WW last week after being away for ten weeks, and only gained one pound, so you never know!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Think i've just undid all my good work with a night out last night and I've WI this eve.
    Wasn't too bad a night 3 glasses of wine and chicken wings but i'm absolutely terrified i've ruined all my hard work for the week. (although i was a huge picker all week) :(

On another note - does it matter if you don't use your weeklies? I find myself not using them most weeks, but use my dailies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Think i've just undid all my good work with a night out last night and I've WI this eve.
    Wasn't too bad a night 3 glasses of wine and chicken wings but i'm absolutely terrified i've ruined all my hard work for the week. (although i was a huge picker all week) :(

On another note - does it matter if you don't use your weeklies? I find myself not using them most weeks, but use my dailies.
    Last nights feast :) shouldn't upset your WI much, it normally takes a few days for a night out to affect your weight and as you had very little in the way of bad food and very little drink it probably wont affect your weight at all.As for your weeklies they are there to us at your discretion and if you dont need to use them that's all the better,dont force your self to use just because they are there. Using all your dailies is the important thing.
    Good luck with your WI.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

harr wrote: »
    Last nights feast :) shouldn't upset your WI much, it normally takes a few days for a night out to affect your weight and as you had very little in the way of bad food and very little drink it probably wont affect your weight at all.As for your weeklies they are there to us at your discretion and if you dont need to use them that's all the better,dont force your self to use just because they are there. Using all your dailies is the important thing.
    Good luck with your WI.:)

Thanks Harr - I hope it doesn't show - as i intended to work my behind off over the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

LinK3 wrote: »
    Would you believe it... I lost 2 pounds this weekî—î—î—î—î—î—î—so happy as you can probably guess! So it's 4 pounds off my stone and 6 away from goal... I am sooooo going to do this.. I've got a chicken Marengo in the slow cooker, posted by one user and a quorn chilli in the oven, and about 12 freezer containers!! My mojo is back;););)
    Wow dats brill LinK3 great work keep it up oh and i hav no doubht that your going to do it :D mmm Chicken Marengo sounds yummy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

I've lost another pound! So that's the first 7 gone, yay! :D:D:D

I'm doing it with my sis, she STS so we went for a walk after WI to have a bit of a chat and to make sure she's ok with things. It's great to have someone to talk to about it, and it keeps both of us on track.

I'm going out on Friday night, I'm going to try to keep some of my weeklies and not blow them like last week!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

WI tomorrow don't know were i will be, I never wrote any thing down but feel I made healthy choices plus i worked my butt off from Thursday to Sunday with painting to cleaning and cooking I spent 12 hours on my feet cooking it was harder than I thought lol but bonus was food was healthy and good pp and yummy salad, baby potatoes, quiche even the few cakes were low pp and with loads of fruit lol Ive to do it all again this Saturday for another party hope I can at least STS this week Ill be happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Heya
    Not sure if this will be useful to anyone else but I've found a new little lunch option. Was really struggling with finding things to eat for lunches that didn't involve bread or wraps so I started getting the M&S count on us ready meals for lunch. Anyway, got a bit bored of those and happened to spot the simply kids range. Turns out, they have loads of little tasty meals for like 5/6/7 points that you can just zap in the microwave. I wouldn't say they're substantial enough for your dinner but I find they make a really filling lunch. They have everything from chicken curry and rice to spag bol. Just thought I'd share as I find lunch is the most difficult meal of the day to get right and I like to leave enough points that I can have a nice dinner and treat later on in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

dammitj wrote: »
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself! Life is hard enough!!!

I went back to WW last week after being away for ten weeks, and only gained one pound, so you never know!

:D

Thanks for having faith in me Dmmitj, but the way my weight loss has been of late, I'm prob up but intending on going for a run tonight so hopefully will limit damages! 10k race on sunday! so not looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Just got a great little book in easons its the Collins calorie counter and it includes protein,carb,fat and fibre it has a lot of content including a flour and baking chapter which will come in very handy,has all the fast foods,sweets,chocolate,oils and ready meals and the book its self is not to big so i am sure it would fit in a ladies hand bag ok :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement