Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Back from this morning's WI and down a pound, ok with that though I haven't redressed last week's pound and a half - god, it's hard and more so when you know you put in a damn good effort and only lose a pound. Don't get me wrong, down is down and all that but!!!

Two people at my class today got their goal weights. One lady is a veteran WW attendee and said this is her first time achieving goal and she puts it all down to the pro points and used her dailies each and every day along with most of her weeklies and topped up with free points fruit a lot. Very encouraging to see that!

Giving myself a mini goal for the month of July, hope to just lose 3 lbs to get me to my 10% and stone and half lost. I think that must be achievable despite having a dinner party this weekend which I'm hosting so I can be careful enough there and then we have a wedding the following week. I shall kick my ass if I don't get the 3 pounds loss by month's end!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Heya

Yep. The one I go to on Grafton street, the kiddies section is beside the count on us section so it was just in my line of sight. It's definitely making my life easier. I got a load and fired them in the freezer so there is always something there. I try and make extra dinner to use for lunches but sometimes the OH munches it so it's nice to have something to fall back on. So far I've had spag bol, chicken curry and cottage pie. All very filling. To be fair they don't cost much more than the sandwich and crisps I used to buy but are more filling and use very little points so a winner in my eyes. After putting on 1lb over the past couple of weeks I really want to try hard this week to see a loss next one so being organised is the key I hope :)
    Oh im tryin my best now to this week so @ lunch time going to check my local M&S im in Cork so hopefully they have them there 2. Thank for the tip donnamc5 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

First WI yesterday and down 3.5pounds, Delighted seeing as I did have 2 nights out last week. I think this site helped a lot with tips and recipes....Long may it continue:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deeva

Just starting out on ww and have such a massive sweet tooth!! Chocolate is my ultimate weakness so i'm looking to substitute. Just wondering if anyone knows the amount of pp's in the likes of coco pops or weetos? Or are there other sweet/chocolatey things i'd be better off substituting with??...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

deeva wrote: »
    Just starting out on ww and have such a massive sweet tooth!! Chocolate is my ultimate weakness so i'm looking to substitute. Just wondering if anyone knows the amount of pp's in the likes of coco pops or weetos? Or are there other sweet/chocolatey things i'd be better off substituting with??...

Well the important thing is not to go cold turkey on them, as you are more likely to have a blow out and undo all your hard work! There are lower pointed things, like the WW Bars (2pp), Curly Wurly (3pp). I quite like the WW Mini Rolls (2pp) and Tesco do Low Fat bars too. I love my chocolate but it does not love me :p Try to limit the amount to 2 or 3pp worth a day, use your points on more filling things. It takes a while to get used to it and it's a struggle. I've been doing WW since Jan and I'm still struggling in the evenings trying to resist having something! Personally, I'd stay away from the likes of Coco Pops because they won't fill you and they'll probably leave you still craving more and I know for me, it's a mental thing - a bowl of chocolate-flavoured cereal is still a cereal - I wouldn't consider that a treat :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Had a big lunch as hubby is out tonight watching footie so didn't fancy the idea of cooking for just me when I got home so had lunch in the canteen I ended up getting a vegetarian burrito could anyone hazard a guess of the pp for me I thought about 9 maybe

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Am so low this week, put on too much to even mention...I'm so sick of up and down!!!
    Ok so I want to eat a biscuit a day as my treat...as opposed to a full pack after the meeting when I'm vexed!
    What would the following point as?
    Per biscuit...Protein 1.1
    Carbs 9.7
    Fat 4.3
    Fibre .3

I'd love to ask my leader but she really doesn't advocate eating biscuits!

What's in the burrito?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Am so low this week, put on too much to even mention...I'm so sick of up and down!!!
    Ok so I want to eat a biscuit a day as my treat...as opposed to a full pack after the meeting when I'm vexed!
    Carbs 9.7
    Fat 4.3
    Fibre .3

i got 2pp per biscuit for that..

Oh sweet Jesus!!! Are any of ye using a droid app? I got .3 on that...I'm in trouble once I start totting them up. My newborn was teething all night so was up and drinking coffee to try stay away with him...and I went mad on the biscuits...Thanks cailín dána, that should be my name on this :.(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

deeva wrote: »

Deeva I've never had a sweet tooth but since I started WW I'd murder sweet things!! I find the Aldi or Options hot chocolate really nice, v low in pp if you don't add milk, and a curly wurly is only 3pp. There are 10pp in 100g of coco pops, so a 50g bowl would be 5pp and then point whatever milk you're using. I don't know what size the little funsize boxes are that you get in the multipack, but I'd say they'd work out low enough given that 100g is 10pp?

Weigh-in is looming in a few hours.... I keep hoping I'm down, did 10miles on the bike last night, hoping that the weekend was wiped out in the last few days!! *nervous*

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

What's in the burrito?

It was a wrap then a spicy mix of veg (onions, courgette, peppers etc) with kidney beans

Kidney beans are a point per two tb sp I think...Not sure on the wrap...any sauce? I'm so hungry and I ate all those damn biscuits in teh middle of the night and now find out they're not as low in points as I thought!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deeva

Deeva I've never had a sweet tooth but since I started WW I'd murder sweet things!! I find the Aldi or Options hot chocolate really nice, v low in pp if you don't add milk, and a curly wurly is only 3pp. There are 10pp in 100g of coco pops, so a 50g bowl would be 5pp and then point whatever milk you're using. I don't know what size the little funsize boxes are that you get in the multipack, but I'd say they'd work out low enough given that 100g is 10pp?

Weigh-in is looming in a few hours.... I keep hoping I'm down, did 10miles on the bike last night, hoping that the weekend was wiped out in the last few days!! *nervous*
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Well the important thing is not to go cold turkey on them, as you are more likely to have a blow out and undo all your hard work! There are lower pointed things, like the WW Bars (2pp), Curly Wurly (3pp). I quite like the WW Mini Rolls (2pp) and Tesco do Low Fat bars too. I love my chocolate but it does not love me :p Try to limit the amount to 2 or 3pp worth a day, use your points on more filling things. It takes a while to get used to it and it's a struggle. I've been doing WW since Jan and I'm still struggling in the evenings trying to resist having something! Personally, I'd stay away from the likes of Coco Pops because they won't fill you and they'll probably leave you still craving more and I know for me, it's a mental thing - a bowl of chocolate-flavoured cereal is still a cereal - I wouldn't consider that a treat :o

Thanks for the advice guys! Ya i'm still trying to wrap my head around the points and your right Shoe Lover I shouldn't be thinking cold turkey, i keep forgetting i can still treat myself!! Must try the mini rolls, sound yum!..And Egypt Melodic Mutant, don't be nervous, 10 miles on the bike is unreal!! Weekends are such a killer, i find it really hard to discipline myself but i do find that doin some interval training really helps after a bit of a naughty weekend! ...Thanks again, looking forward to treating myself to a curly wurly! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Last thurs was down .5lb..........Ive been eatin out alot this week due to birthdays etc.....havent been to wi today and not sure if will get to one until 2 weeks time, so hard to stay on straight and narrow when you feel like doing it on your own. Meetings really help and didnt realise how much til realised ill be missing them!!!
    Gonna try try try to keep track over the next 2 weeks.
    Went to gym last night for hr and then came home and had pop corn!!!Been eatin all around me today but on the plus.....my new bike in today so get to exercise aaalllll weekend!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, for all cheese lovers I've found that laughing cow extra light cheese triangles (purple pack) are 0pp!! :O I used one as a substitute for butter in a sandwich today -'twas gorgeous :D perfect little snack aswell on a cracker or something :) I've my second WI tomorrow morn, had a sneaky peek yesterday, looking good atm!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Just got back from second WI, down 1.5 pounds!! Delighted, honestly thought I'd be up. I got my first silver 7, amazing to think that a half a stone (plus a pound) is gone already! Tracking definitely works, track EVERYTHING.

Thought I'd share some Ice-Cream PPs for ye, we got a leaflet at the meeting tonight with some HB values on it:

Solero (Berry Explosion/Exotic) - 3 PP.
    100ml HB Vanilla Ice-Cream - 2PP.
    One Magnum Mini (any flavour)- 5PP.
    One Magnum Standard (any flavour) - 7PP.
    Mini HB Sandwich - 3PP.
    Classic Cornetto - 6PP.
    Strawberry Cornetto - 5PP.
    Twister - 2PP. :D
    That-a-Way - 2PP.
    Loop the Loop - 2PP.
    Iceberger - 5PP.
    Choc Ice - 5PP.
    Brunch - 5PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Had my first weigh in this eve was only down half a pound, very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

fennitty wrote: »

Don't get disheartened, you're half a pound less than you were last week. I don't know that our bodies always work from Thursday to Thursday (insert your own weigh in day here) so hopefully next week should see a difference. Did you stick to your dailies and weeklies, drink plenty water, track everything and maybe get a bit of exercise? If you did you will definitely see a result soon. The longest journey begins with a single step, you've just taken it! Good luck with next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

It can be so disappointing when the scales don't reflect your effort.. How did u get on this week? Did it go well for you, stick to your points, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

ya stuck to dailies and only used a few weeklies, unless i'm counting wrong, went for 2 jogs/walks and drinking about 2 pints of water per day too, hopefully next week will better

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

:)Schools out for summer!!What a fast year, already have paid to join the gym, so that will motivate me to go in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

ya stuck to dailies and only used a few weeklies, unless i'm counting wrong, went for 2 jogs/walks and drinking about 2 pints of water per day too, hopefully next week will better

I know its disheartening but stick with it. You need about 2lt of water a day especially if your eating more fruit and veg. Also, statistically, weight loss is better for the people who use all of their dailies and all of their weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Carbs 9.7
    Fat 4.3
    Fibre .3

...........I know how you feel,i went 2day after an absence of 2 weeks and i was up 4.5lbs!!!! s**t!!!! Look 2moro is the 1st july,we'll dust ourselves off and start propably in the morning,what ya think????;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Had WI tonight and was 5lbs down :D:D this is actually 2 weeks result cos i didn't go last week and was up 1.5lbs d last WI.

Anyway I've been following this thread for a while and I'm always a bit puzzled by people who talk about how much they can eat and how they rarely use all their weeklies but I ALWAYS use ALL my dailies and ALL weeklies but these weeks when I drink about 2 litres of water a day it always boosts my loss.

sorry I'm rambling a bit but my question is am I missing something that I have to use all my weeklies?? I mean I don't think I could do WW if I didn't!!
    I know I'm losing weight most of the time but just looking for some advice :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

where's lady lainy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Jewow wrote: »
    Had WI tonight and was 5lbs down :D:D this is actually 2 weeks result cos i didn't go last week and was up 1.5lbs d last WI.

Anyway I've been following this thread for a while and I'm always a bit puzzled by people who talk about how much they can eat and how they rarely use all their weeklies but I ALWAYS use ALL my dailies and ALL weeklies but these weeks when I drink about 2 litres of water a day it always boosts my loss.

sorry I'm rambling a bit but my question is am I missing something that I have to use all my weeklies?? I mean I don't think I could do WW if I didn't!!

Thanks
    If it's not broken , don't fix it the plan working for you and it's proven that eating most of them shows the most loses so keep doing whatever your doing I think its better to use them now , I use all my dailys and most of my weeklies

Hollyhock I'm with you on this one, I've really not tried the past two days since I got the knock at my WI. However, two things I've been thinking. Firstly, I don't give up, this isn't like me. I have been up since 4.50 with my baby and decided at 5.45 to go walking...stuck the dog on the lead with us for safety and off we went. Just back, baby jaded and sleeping but I'm going to stay up. I'm going to have a good day today so am about to stick some eggs on to boil and have them with a salad as that really fills me. Part of my problem is I let myself get over hungry...then I reach for the nature valley crunch bars or (can I even say the word?!) biscuits.

Secondly...and this is a biggie...I just thought this this morning, I was putting the dog on the lead, he was being particularly good and I gave him a treat...wait a minute...isn't that what I was reared on. I was a good girl, Dad bought me chocolate or Mom made a cake...Also brought up in a house where leaving food on the plate was a sin. I really never saw the correlation between me throwing away food and a child in the third world starving but bless them my oulds did. What is our obsession with feeding as a treat? I wonder is that an Irish thing? Maybe it's cos we often went so hungry. With my eldest I tell him he has until we finish a meal to eat, then I take it away and either bin (rarely!) or cover it for later. And later when he inevitably asks for more I give him the same thing or fruit, never a treat. I know that is more an issue for parenting but it just struck me when I was leading up the dog that we use food as a treat in my house, no wonder I eat to feel good!

So rant over...I'm going back to my green book and assessing the damage yesterday, so far 20 points before midday...damn biscuits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Jewow wrote: »

Thanks

Well done on your brilliant loss. I'd say that is spurring you on even more now. I get ya on the dailies and weeklies thing, I eat all my dailies and either all or most of my weeklies, find it very hard not to, there has never been a week where I haven't had at least half the weeklies. I like a few (3 on a friday and saturday) drinks on the weekend and they have to come out of the weeklies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI last night and was up 3 as expected :o Not too worried though, I knew when I was doing the eating on hols that I'd have to work it off so that is the plan this week! Have started the day well - boiled egg and 2 slices of toast. Have fruit & yogurt with me for 11's and a nice smoked salmon salad for lunch. Then Double Step for an hour tonight (God help me)! We are going out for dinner tonight to an Italian restaurant but I've it all planned out. I'm having Minestrone to start and then getting a half portion of Pasta Arrabiata for mains :pac::pac: Can't wait :D Then I'm getting a massage on Saturday morning and on Sunday, I'm running a 10K race :D

It is the little bro's bday on Saturday too - 18 already, I feel really old now! So there will be cake of some sort but I'll just use my weeklies for it :D I'm feeling very positive about the week - woop woop :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement