Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Any advice from anyone who has been on difene for an injury. Has your stomach felt upset/bloated just blah. I have a neck injury, and I've been on difene for about 10 days. I'm eating my pp everyday, not a morsal more and still drinking my 3L of water but i feel so crappy, granted I haven't been out for a walk but I feel I just terrible.

Anyone else experienced this??

Hi, I was on Difene for a shoulder injury a few weeks back, and at Wi I was up 2!!! Pounds.. My leader said it was the worst thing for retaining fluid:( I was gutted... I lost it again in the next two weeks though so don't worry.. Take care of your injury first, keep drinking the water, and you'll be fine.. All antibiotics can make you feel blah...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Dear Diary......

Got serious munchies last night!

I'll try to be good today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Dear Diary......

You and me both Lainy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Thanks for that, the packet has the old points on it! How long have they been packaged for??!! The new system has been around 6 months!! I have been having a chicken or tuna wrap most days thinking they were 3points and lower than 2slices of bread!! Ah well, its back to the WW wraps now!

(The tortilla quiche was still worth the extra points!! I'll just have to share it with someone the next time!)

Ya dats really annoying isnt it? You think all the packaging wud be upgraded by now for two weeks i lived on those pointing them @ 3pp oops dats y dis thread is so handy u learn new things all the time:D
    PS the tortilla quiche does sound yummy tho and worth the points too haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Ya dats really annoying isnt it? You think all the packaging wud be upgraded by now for two weeks i lived on those pointing them @ 3pp oops dats y dis thread is so handy u learn new things all the timebiggrin.gif
    PS the tortilla quiche does sound yummy tho and worth the points too haha tongue.gif

This thread is saving me a tenner a week! I have stopped going 2the meetings but am still doing ww myself. I weight myself at the same time every week and am taking part in GTI's "motivation thing"- thats my weekly weigh in. The summer is going 2be busy, I'm going away for 2weeks (plenty of eating out with lots of wine:)) and have a few weekends away. It will also be harder for me to get as much exercise with the kids on holidays from school. Its hard to pay and find out that I'm up a pound or have STS. I might go back in September to really work at losing the weight but I think my weight will be up and down over the next few weeks. I hope that by following this thread I will stay motivated and get tips to stay good over the summer! I really dont want to put back on the stone I have lost since March!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Down 1lb last night, its coming off slow and steady but its a stone and a half in 3 months so I'm happy with that

Ya dats really annoying isnt it? You think all the packaging wud be upgraded by now for two weeks i lived on those pointing them @ 3pp oops dats y dis thread is so handy u learn new things all the time:D
    PS the tortilla quiche does sound yummy tho and worth the points too haha :p

I'm having it today for lunch! :) horrible day out...nice warm lunch will go down a treat :)

I have two muffins thawing out. back on the "scheduled" snacks! Little but offten is what works for me....

Think i have a bit of cabin fever kicking in! This weather isnt helping! If its dry next week going to head into city and even just have cup of coffee and people watch...I have a few vouchers I might use up....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Oh God I'm really sorry. Wee bit mortified now. I thought the whole idea behind WW was that we live a full life and eat a little of what we like! I made cinnamon meringues with natural yoghurt and fruit. Very low points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Oh God I'm really sorry. Wee bit mortified now. I thought the whole idea behind WW was that we live a full life and eat a little of what we like! I made cinnamon meringues with natural yoghurt and fruit. Very low points!

That is the idea :) But because this thread is in the Nutrition & Diet Forum which promotes healthy eating, we are not allowed to give any suggestions for cakes/sweets/biscuits etc so that is why we have the other thread in the Food & Drink forum :) It's complicated! :p Would you post the cinnamon meringues in there? They sound delish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Ya no sweat!

• Advertisement

well so far today i've been good. but that wont enough to save me!

Ah well! weather meant to start getting good tomorrow. So going to start on my potted herb garden!

Anyone got basic flavoursome tomatoe sauce. I have pessata as a base...but what combo of seasoning do ye use :)

All stocked up in my thai green salad dressing :) so loving salads again! For me drowning it in dressing is the trick! LOL! but it is 99% fat free :) so its not too bad :)

really quick and easy 0pp tomatoe sauce:)

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18120/quick-and-easy-tomato-sauce.aspx

it makes huge mount...so the amount of oil someone would actually end up having is minimum....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all,

It is my second day on pp. Still trying to get my head off the old system and into the new but am finding it hard enough. It is like my head is programmed to the old points system and everything now seems so high in points compared to when i was doing it the old way:( I guess it is just going to take time to adjust. The worst thing for me is wanting something wit a cup of tea after my dinner but something for 2or3pp. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Down 1.5 lbs this morn, bit disappointed tbh as from what i've heard people normally lose an awful ot in the first week!! Chin up though, new week, new points :D
    Going to doc tomorrow for an antibiotic for a dire cough, does anyone know if an antibiotic will affect the weight loss??

Dear Diary

Munch Munch Munch
    Bottomless Pit Syndrome!
    WI Tomorrow Morning! LMAO!
    Oh Dear!

I'm stuffing my gob with fruit!

CRAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

It is my second day on pp. Still trying to get my head off the old system and into the new but am finding it hard enough. It is like my head is programmed to the old points system and everything now seems so high in points compared to when i was doing it the old way:( I guess it is just going to take time to adjust. The worst thing for me is wanting something wit a cup of tea after my dinner but something for 2or3pp. Any ideas??

Stick with it & in a few weeks you'll have forgotten about the old points. Kitkats (2 fingers) are 3pp, Alpen light cereal bars are 2pp, funsize pack of Maltesers are 3pp, snack size packets of Jammie Dodgers (4 small biscs in each pack) are 2pp or rich tea biscuits are 1pp each. There are loads of low-point snacks out there. I try to stick with ones that are individually wrapped so I can't be tempted to eat more! Good luck with the weight loss. This thread is great for keeping up your motivation - well, WW worked this time for me & the only thing different was reading this thread every day.

off to bed!

Tomorrow is a new day! Here's hoping I make good choices!

Going to do out menu for weekend in bed! :) planning & prepartion!

Weather meant to be better for weekend! Think I'll pick up few bits from sales rack in new look....i really need to get out the house...and have some human contact!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Dear Diary......

You and me both Lainy!
    Same here well not so much munchies as in no control over what I eat I'm in my mam's so hard don't know were I am with food I've eaten bread White can't even remember the last time I had that I got soup for my dinner though instead of chips pizza and buger I got some grapes and never got to eat them lol they got eaten can't wait to get back on track oh and did get a bad case of munchies when nice stuff taken out after dinner tomorrow will be better
    I was down a pound this week and got a cross trainer for my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

Here are the results for week5.

again, I've removed anyone that hasnt sent in weights for 4 consequtive weeks. These people can however rejoin anytime they want

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

fofany wrote: »
    Stick with it & in a few weeks you'll have forgotten about the old points. Kitkats (2 fingers) are 3pp, Alpen light cereal bars are 2pp, funsize pack of Maltesers are 3pp, snack size packets of Jammie Dodgers (4 small biscs in each pack) are 2pp or rich tea biscuits are 1pp each. There are loads of low-point snacks out there. I try to stick with ones that are individually wrapped so I can't be tempted to eat more! Good luck with the weight loss. This thread is great for keeping up your motivation - well, WW worked this time for me & the only thing different was reading this thread every day.

Thanks a mill fofany, I will make note of them! Everything I was pointing seemed really high so ive basically been afraid to eat anything other than my 3 main meals and then end up feeling starving going to bed:(. I defo want it to work this time and for the weight to stay off. I have been keeing within my dailies and haven't touched my weeklies. I plan not to use any of them seeing as it is my 1st week. Want to get a good kick start into it :) Hoefully I will see some results at my first WI on Wednesday. This thread is such a great help, i can feel myself getting slightly addicted but it definately gives you the motivation to keep going and to pick yourself up after a bad day.
    Thanks again for your tips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi everyone,
    Barely had time to keep track if this thread the last few weeks. Sorry for the random posting.
    Glad to c I'm not the only one who's had the munchies the last few evenings, I was thinking it was the cold!
    I really need to get more organised, just had pizza the last two evenings because I was so tired and hungry after work I cld barely even wait the 20minutes for it to bake!
    Got some nice fish fillets for today's dinner.

Found out during the wk that the problems I've been having are more related to my stomach than my gallstones. Hopefully I'll just have to take a stomach tablet and it'll clear it up, but obviously what I eat will have a big effect on it too.

Good luck to all those weighing in today, the new boards mobile site is much better than the old one so I'll be able to keep in touch a lot easier now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hi everyone, just back from docs, all ok, I've been put on "chlorom" (?) for the week, anyone know of this causes bloating/hunger/water retention?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill fofany, I will make note of them! Everything I was pointing seemed really high so ive basically been afraid to eat anything other than my 3 main meals and then end up feeling starving going to bed:(. I defo want it to work this time and for the weight to stay off. I have been keeing within my dailies and haven't touched my weeklies. I plan not to use any of them seeing as it is my 1st week. Want to get a good kick start into it :) Hoefully I will see some results at my first WI on Wednesday. This thread is such a great help, i can feel myself getting slightly addicted but it definately gives you the motivation to keep going and to pick yourself up after a bad day.
    Thanks again for your tips :D

A more satisfying supper for 3pp is : packet of melba toast (6 pieces for 2pp), 35g extra light philadelphia (1pp). Spread the cheese onto the melba toasts & top with shredded lettuce & sliced tomato. A whole plateful for 3pp if you prefer a savoury snack. Or add 40g smoked salmon for an extra 2pp.

Like you, I didn't want to dip into my weeklies at the start, but remember they are there to be used. If you are going to bed hungry, you'll get fed up & give up. I always make sure I have 4-6pp left for a supper or glass of wine at the end of the day. Good luck on Wed & let us know how you got on.

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just back from docs, all ok, I've been put on "chlorom" (?) for the week, anyone know of this causes bloating/hunger/water retention?

your best bet is to google it....cos alot of anitbiotics have a dozen different names depending what company that makes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Used to post here all the time! Had a diary but stopped when they closed them! Been reading here as I feel off the wagon a while back buy finally finding it again! Went to Eddies last night an just got a diet coke!

You are all doing fab! Roll on weigh in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

just had half of the quiche that lainy posted... Amazing!!!!! Im stuffed (had it with a massive free salad and tesco lighter choices ceasar dressing) im gonna have the other half of it for lunch tomorrow and gonna make more for lunch in work!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi, I'm going to a thai restaurant tonight with my husband.. Can anyone recommend low fat dishes, or a least the healthy choices..I'm not familiar with thai..

Feeling MUUUUUUCH better today!

Tomorrow meant to be a scorcher of a day! So going to pop into tesco in the morning and get some potted herbs :) have flower beds in pots ready :)

Also got email today telling me the doggie obedience classes i signed up to are started next month :) I'm REALLY looking forward to to that! Get to show off my puppy! Tho by then he's nearly going to be a dog :) But it'll get me out of the house, interacting with people, and give me something to do at home, practice his training...he'll be top of his class!

Going in on tuesday to hopefully get the implanon in. Also going to check out sale rack in new look. Pick up a few cheapy essentials....nothing actually fits....like it fits...but things look HUGE on me....so they make me look BIGGER...

ALOT of REALLY nice stuff in there "inspire" range at the moment....i'd be buying it all (if i had any special occasion to go to)

I havent had dinner yet :) But its already prepared in fridge, lasagne + salad 13pp, and have 5pp left after that :)

I've also had my 2 litres of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Used to post here all the time! Had a diary but stopped when they closed them! Been reading here as I feel off the wagon a while back buy finally finding it again! Went to Eddies last night an just got a diet coke!

You are all doing fab! Roll on weigh in! :D
    Welcome back!!! Good luck this time,how are you finding pro points?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

How was wi this morn,Lainy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

hello peeps :)

been AWOL this week due to lack of internet connection (stupid service provider.....swear, mutter, curse, rude words etc:mad::mad::mad:) and 'family issues' :( but am happy to say I was down 2 lbs :)

had the serious munchies yesterday....didn't make the best choices :( but at least I didn't clobber all my weeklies.....was on the straight and narrow today and hope to keep it up for the rest of the week!!!

Started week 4 of C25K....man it is getting tough but I felt great after and running is a great way to work off emotional stress....better than eating rubbish which is usually what happens!!!

off to catch up on the thread and see what you have all been up to!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement