Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Hi Shanna83, just read your post, I only joined today having resolved last week on my hols in France, that this was the VERY Last time I was going to wear a size20 swimsuit in a public place, the world can be an ugly place without me adding to it!! We could as newbies give each other a bit of a morale boost if you like? I'm dreading the thought of starting this at the start of the 'summer' but I know that there is never a quite/good/right time, so here I go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Monife wrote: »
    Ugh what is wrong with me. I just can't stop eating!! Toast, chocolate croissant, dairymilk, roll with sausages, 2 packets of crisps... I won't go on. I already went over my weeklies by LOADS on the weekend (2 parties) and now i'm over my dailies and haven't even had dinner :(

I wish I could snap out of this but all I feel like doing is eating, and eating nice things like french bread, cheese, toast with real butter, crisps!!!

your making me very hungry and i had no bold day this week so i am reading your post with my mouth watering :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tinny76

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to write a post! I lost over 3 stone in the last 2 years with WW and after lapsing for 8 months have now put on a stone and a half again... yikes... am so cross with myself!!!

I re-joined WW 2 weeks ago, had my first weighin last Wed and lost 3.5 lbs so was happy enough with that. Finding this week tougher so will see on Wed how it goes. Gotta try to stay focussed! Well done to all of you on your losses so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hey guys just wondering whats the leanest mince to buy? I know a butcher would be the best choice...but just too expensive :(

So in relation to supermarket stock....whats the leanest mince ye've accurately pointed!

I'm hanging for some RED MEAT!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hey guys just wondering whats the leanest mince to buy? I know a butcher would be the best choice...but just too expensive :(

So in relation to supermarket stock....whats the leanest mince ye've accurately pointed!

I worked in a supermarket butcher counter as a teen and i can tell you most if not all mince from there will be fairly fatty,what they do is mince the meat 2 or 3 times to blend the fat with the lean so it would next to impossible to point,what i do is to get the butcher to mince you a piece of stewing or round steak and to trim all the fat from the steak.A half a pound should not cost a whole lot.The butchers in the supermarket will do this for you as well.There are 3 points for 100g of steak mince but would have to be very lean(braising steak).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

millee wrote: »
    Hi Shanna83, just read your post, I only joined today having resolved last week on my hols in France, that this was the VERY Last time I was going to wear a size20 swimsuit in a public place, the world can be an ugly place without me adding to it!! We could as newbies give each other a bit of a morale boost if you like? I'm dreading the thought of starting this at the start of the 'summer' but I know that there is never a quite/good/right time, so here I go.....

Hi Millee, yeah I think it's easier to do this long-term when you have a bit of support, I know that I tend to fall off the wagon a lot more when I'm on my own! Fair play to you for joining, I found the first few days a bit hard just counting points but it got a lot easier and it was such a boost to go back and hear that it had paid off. I'm still learning about points and activity points, etc, we can help each other out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Havent dropped by here in sooo long, been a mad two weeks, been crazy busy getting organised for end of year at school, the end is in sight so come Thursday i'll be back to normal, so many end of year dinners to go to not good for the waist line! Didnt make last weeks weigh in-was out for a end of year dinner with school,so going to go to weigh in tomorrow to see how much I've gained! Joining a gym Friday-great way to start my summer hols!Have so much to catch up on in this thread but don't have time to read it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Hi all, is this thread just for WW members?

I've started a diet myself this week and would love to pop in and see how everyone else is doing on their diets too!

I'm not a WW member myself. Managed to lose 5 1/2 stone there a few years back following my own plan, so am following that same regime again this time round as it worked so well. Went from a size 22 down to a 12, but have crept back up to a size 20 after having my little boy last year.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hello :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _maddy_

Hi guys! Looking for a bit of advice, I dip in and out of this thread and find great hints and tips but don't post too often. I'm trying to find the nutritional info for a Milano's leggera contadina pizza but have had no luck so far...anyone have any idea how to even go about pointing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

_maddy_ wrote: »
    Hi guys! Looking for a bit of advice, I dip in and out of this thread and find great hints and tips but don't post too often. I'm trying to find the nutritional info for a Milano's leggera contadina pizza but have had no luck so far...anyone have any idea how to even go about pointing it?

Milano is the same as Pizza Express in the UK. You can look up the nutritional info on www.pizzaexpress.com. Hope you can point it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Hi I just started weightwatchers last week so hopefully will be down a few pounds this week. Does anyone know how many pro points are in cinema popcorn???

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

fennitty wrote: »
    Hi I just started weightwatchers last week so hopefully will be down a few pounds this week. Does anyone know how many pro points are in cinema popcorn???

Hey I think it's 7 for small, 12 for medium and 19 for large. Checked it on ww uk site before. I love love love cinema popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi :) I just found this thread and I'm so glad I did, I just joined WW and had my first weigh-in last Thursday (6 and a half pounds down, delighted) but I'm all over the place this week, the doctor put me on steroids for hayfever, it's my time of the month, and I was at a wedding at the weekend and I just feel like the whole lot's shot to hell again. I was so motivated last week and this week I feel like crying over chocolate. Dreading Thursday, I ate and drank so much between Saturday and Sunday, and I feel as if I let myself down after having such a good starting week. I really, really need this - I've gone steadily back up to a size 18-20 after losing some weight before and I'm so sick of it, I don't feel comfortable or happy or healthy. I've been saying for years that all I want to be able to do is walk into a shop and pick up a size 14 dress and know it'll fit.

Sorry for ranting! I know it's a few days until my weigh-in, and hopefully I can pull the week back into some kind of order. Looking forward to chatting with some of ye x

Hey shanna wow 6.5 pounds is a brilliant start ! Put the weekend behind you and keep going. Your message struck a chord with me, i remember feeling exactly like that, i felt unhealthy and uncomfortable. Every time i sat down on the couch i picked up a cushion to hide my belly. I did despair at times and I def had a few weekends like you had this weekend but the important thing is to keep going. Now I'm 3 pounds off my goal. Trust me of I can do it then you can! Any time u feel tempted just remember what you wrote here and think of fitting into a size 14 dress. You can do it :-)

P.s. I know some steroids can cause bloating as can TOM but important thing is to keep going regardless. It will pay off eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Have been trying so hard this week to get back on track but finding it really difficult. Am good all day but then go home and it falls apart. :( Last night was first night that I managed to be fairly good & stuck to dailies :) Not looking forward to Thurs WI but have to face the music sometime I suppose :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

hi all

i found this calculator on the web
    i can use it on my smart phone and find it really handy for pointing things im going to buy quickly and you dont have to buy the ww calculator as we pay enough

http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_calculators/weight_watchers_calculator.phtml

also for anyone who wants a nice handy dinner the weight watchers ocean pie is only 5 points and sooooo nice

i also found a salad vinagrette at the wknd the 1/2 the bottle is only 1 point and sure u only put on about 2 tbsps
    • Hellmanns Vinaigrette Light Salted Dressing
    it all helps as this is tough - i think im going to turn into a fruit bowl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

I'm liking this new mobile version of boards because that's how I always check in & post on here! Hopefully this will make it somewhat easier & I can avoid the fat fingered typos! :) :P

So had a great weekend up north I missed my WI so hopefully if any damage is done it'll be gone by the time of Saturday's WI I'm finding weightloss very slow the last month BUT I'm definitely seeing the inch loss & ppl are noticing the weightloss now which is a nice boost!

I did use all my weeklies while away but that's ok I didn't go over! I went to pizza express & had a gusto leggaro for mains at 14 pp but I also had bruchetta to start... I didn't realise when I ordered that it was on pizza bread & thought it would be about 9pp or so but was actually 13pp when I checked the pp after so nearly as much as the pizza! But I enjoyed every bite & I used my weeklies to cover it. I tended to only have a light breakfast & one other large meal per day (cos we were eating out all the time) do I think that helped with my pp & of course I snacked on fruit throughout the day.

I need to get back on the exercise band wagon though 5k each night now after work & 1 or 2 DVD sessions with Davina if I can manage it! Good luck with WI everyone & welcome all the newbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Went to my meeting this morning. Our usual leader was off, so we had a new leader. She was telling us about how she lost 11st 9lbs with weightwatchers 4 yrs ago (it took her 18 mths) when she was 24. She had brought her old size 30 skirt in to show us & now she's a size 10. She looks fantastic - a real inspiration to everyone. I am completely in awe of her achievement & how she is looking now.

Now, my story. I had flu last week & no appetite for about 4 days, so had a couple of days when I didn't eat all my daillies. But I lost 2 lbs, which brings me down to 5lbs over my goal weight. I think this means that next time I go, I should be free as I have a gold card (the replacement leader didn't know how that works). I hope this is the case because my prepay on my card just finished today & my personal goal was to not need to pay again after they ran out. But with the school holidays starting, I don't know when I'll be able to make a meeting over the summer - it all depends on my husbands shift & when he's off to look after the kids & let me out.

This is my last day of freedom (without the kids) as my youngest finishes nursery today until 8th September (when she starts school), so I'm going to head out for a walk around the shops before I collect her - I've got about 1 1/2 hrs to myself - & maybe treat myself to something nice for getting to my goal of not having to pay any more (provided that I don't put some weight back on again that is!)

Good luck everyone with your WIs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

LinK3 wrote: »
    Wish I could lose one and a half!!! Wi tomorrow again, and not feeling very confident at all.. Mine has ground to a complete halt the last few weeks!!

Dat can happen LinK3 it's lyk u jus hit a wall or something but stay positive leave me no hw WI goes 2day best of luck wit it :):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »

I use the butcher, it tastes better and less fat when I cook it, I always go for the deals most butchers do some now ie 2pounds for 5 euro but you can always ask for 3 euro worth etc, its worth it for flavour and healthier option

Its my birthday today and got a cross trainer :) off my in laws just have to get my hubby to sort it out for me now! ha the rain can not stop me now LOL

Hi
    Just back from WI and was down 2lb :)... taught it would be more but 2 lb is 2 lb,i am just hard to please :D.
    Just glad its a loss and leaves me 1.5 lb short of 2 stone lost in 9 weeks.
    Hope i hit the 2 stone mark next week.:)

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Just back from WI and was down 2lb :)... taught it would be more but 2 lb is 2 lb,i am just hard to please :D.
    Just glad its a loss and leaves me 1.5 lb short of 2 stone lost in 9 weeks.
    Hope i hit the 2 stone mark next week.:)
    Wow thats great harr well done congrats :D a lot of hard wrk and effort i bet gone into that its very motivating when u hear things lyk that.
    Congrats again keep up the gud wrk hoping to follow in your footsteps jus finding it very slow for the weight 2 come off me only between 1-2 pounds loss every wk :mad:

Wow thats great harr well done congrats :D a lot of hard wrk and effort i bet gone into that its very motivating when u hear things lyk that.
    Congrats again keep up the gud wrk hoping to follow in your footsteps jus finding it very slow for the weight 2 come off me only between 1-2 pounds loss every wk :mad:
    I am the same just losing 1-2 pound a week its very hard when you work your butt off for the week and to get up on the scales for only a pound loss :mad:
    Its just i was so used to lousing 4-5 pound a week when i was doing ww 3 years ago,its hard to get my head around why i am down to 1-2 pounds a week when i am putting in the same amount of work .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I am the same just losing 1-2 pound a week its very hard when you work your butt off for the week and to get up on the scales for only a pound loss :mad:
    Its just i was so used to lousing 4-5 pound a week when i was doing ww 3 years ago,its hard to get my head around why i am down to 1-2 pounds a week when i am putting in the same amount of work .:confused:

AGE!!!! :D

A thousand years ago (was 23/24 at the time) when I first did WW I lost 9 pounds the first week and with weekly losses of 2 to 3 pounds soon had 3 stone lost. Here I am now double the age and it's going so much slower and now there's no chinese take aways which were always featured on pay day, weekend drinking or dare I say the weekly binge and reward after weighing in :D All I put it down to is AGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I think you are going to have to resign yourself to the fact that you are a bit older now and your body just doesn't work the way it used to. 4-5lb loss a week is NOT HEALTHY and certainly not maintainable. The faster you lose it, the quicker you put it all back on. I don't mean to sound like I am having a go at you, but it annoys me when I see someone giving out about "only" 2lbs loss when some people might work 10 times harder than you and lose 1/2 a lb or a 1lb. And they might be really proud and happy with that 1lb, but I know if I was in those shoes of working my ass off for 1lb and was happy with it, I certainly wouldnt be happy or proud anymore if I saw someone complaining about a 2lb loss.

You should be very proud that you have almost lost 2 stone and be happy with your losses. There has been weeks where I gave it my all and lost 1/2 a lb and weeks where I didnt bother and lost 1-2lb. I have told myself, it is just the way your body works and your body will do what it wants and lose the weight when it wants.

Caros wrote: »

A thousand years ago (was 23/24 at the time) when I first did WW I lost 9 pounds the first week and with weekly losses of 2 to 3 pounds soon had 3 stone lost. Here I am now double the age and it's going so much slower and now there's no chinese take aways which were always featured on pay day, weekend drinking or dare I say the weekly binge and reward after weighing in :D All I put it down to is AGE!

I think you could have hit the nail on the head there,i miss the Chinese on pay days and the weekly binge sessions and i all ways had a fish and chips after my WI:D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Hey everyone, its been kinda quite here of late.
    Last week I went a but mental on exercise to lose 3lb and get to my goal :D on thursday. Ever since I've gone a little mad but I still seem to not have put anything on!!! (so far)

This week I have a wedding at my normal evening WI so im gonna WI tomorrow morning. I find I can be up to 3lb lighter in the morning, if im under goal does it count as a week of maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I think you could have hit the nail on the head there,i miss the Chinese on pay days and the weekly binge sessions and i all ways had a fish and chips after my WI:D

It sucks sometimes being so bloody sensible.... oh and I forgot to mention that this time when I joined WW I was 2 and half stone heavier than way back in the day when I joined! :o LMFAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

im doin c25k should b on wk 8 now but took a wk off.i found up 2wk 6 was fine and once wk 7 came i kept havin 2stop &take breaks. Mite go back 2wk 6 &redo it again. also does any1 kno of poridge in sachets dat wud b low picked up 1&it was 5

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Baby75 wrote: »
    Its my birthday today and got a cross trainer :) off my in laws just have to get my hubby to sort it out for me now! ha the rain can not stop me now LOL

Happy Birthday. What a cool present - enjoy it.
    Caros wrote: »

I'm another one who lost loads of weight (6st) in their 20s & did it with plenty of nights out of drinking & clubbing (maybe the dancing hepled!) Now in my 40s, while I am still very happy with my progress, it was slower & I definitely put in more effort. So, all you young ones on here - put the effort in now!:D
    Monife wrote: »
    You should be very proud that you have almost lost 2 stone and be happy with your losses. There has been weeks where I gave it my all and lost 1/2 a lb and weeks where I didnt bother and lost 1-2lb. I have told myself, it is just the way your body works and your body will do what it wants and lose the weight when it wants.

Same here. Some weeks I have even been up for no reason. Best to look at your weight loss over a month rather than week to week sometimes.
    shannon82 wrote: »
    im doin c25k should b on wk 8 now but took a wk off.i found up 2wk 6 was fine and once wk 7 came i kept havin 2stop &take breaks. Mite go back 2wk 6 &redo it again. also does any1 kno of poridge in sachets dat wud b low picked up 1&it was 5

I eat Whites porridge. It is 3pp per sachet. It is made by Whites Speedicook in Co. Armagh, so hopefully you can get in shops near you. I think it is the nicest one I have tasted.

• Advertisement

I Totally understand where your coming from because im the exact same but its obviously working for yoy though, You should be very proud of yourself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement