Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart - Android - €40 (+ €22.50 cashback till June 27th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

mtb_kng wrote: »
    So has anyone managed to buy one online that is with Vodafone At Home broadband?

Tried, but failed. Used Tesco SIM I bought this morning for €2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

biebiebie wrote: »
    Tried, but failed. Used Tesco SIM I bought this morning for €2.50
    So how much did it end up costing you?

€40 + €2.50 as you then port the Tesco number when you're buying the phone online.

However, sign up to fatcheese.ie, then click on the Vodafone link there, and buy the phone for €40. You'll then get €12.50 back later. Total cost €27.50 + €2.50 for Tesco sim card, so €30 all in.

zu wrote: »
    available for 9.99 with voucher included in this month's Perlico bill
    kaizersoze wrote: »
    Got mine today. Nice little phone. Great value @ €20.:D

How did you get them at those prices? I'm with Vodafone at Home (Online billing) and I can't seem to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got this unlocked today.

It costs €10, and is pretty easy.

Download this application

Buy 10 credits (my password got put in my spam folder on gmail BTW)

Plug the battery out of the phone.

Plug it back in (sometimes it turns on automatically, if it does just plug it out and in agian)

Power it up by holding the power button and the volume down button, keep them held down for like 20-30 seconds. The Egg timer should stay on screen

Plug it into your PC.

Follow the instructions here

Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

eamon234 wrote: »
    No, it's 1gb I've had one for about 2 weeks

Confirmed, 1GB micro SD...Transcend.

How stable is the phone? Any crashes or freezing?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

I bought one of these and with the fatcheese link I got €22.50 back not the €12.50 people seem to be getting. I had trouble with the fatcheese link posted by witnessmenow and had to navigate through and find it on prepay myself.

Chose the porting option and ordered. Fatcheese cash back showed up a day later due to the problems they are currently experiencing.

But yes. I got €22.50 and not €12.50.

It was a present for someone, I've yet to pick up a sim and order one myself.

Looks like I'm getting €22.50 back also. So thats €7.50 all in for an Android smartphone. Another €10 to unlock. Happy days!

biebiebie wrote: »
    Looks like I'm getting €22.50 back also. So thats €7.50 all in for an Android smartphone. Another €10 to unlock. Happy days!
    Don't you mean €17.50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Stupid question: do they sell Tesco SIMs at any Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Vodafone website has to be the worst ever, always get errors, can't login to track order produces an error, Can't login to my VAH account to look for discounts, even though I can login to view my bill.
    even tried to post feedback on the website and this is what i get
    Sorry, an error has occurred, please try later (SH-FB-04).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

darth_maul wrote: »
    Vodafone website has to be the worst ever, always get errors, can't login to track order produces an error, Can't login to my VAH account to look for discounts, even though I can login to view my bill.
    Its an appalling website allright.
    Ironic that a telecommunications company has such a bad website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

mikesp wrote: »
    Stupid question: do they sell Tesco SIMs at any Tesco?

Could try going for a free SIM with O2 or Meteor?

https://sim1.o2online-media.ie/SimOrderDetail.aspx
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/free_sim_card/get_new_number/

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

Received mine today, great little phone. Not a huge amount of bloatware on the phone and they've kept the wifi hotspot functionality which was a nice surprise. All in all, a fantastic phone for the price.

This has to be one of the BAs of the year so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

If I go down to the Vodafone store, will they give me €50 off this phone because I'm a Vodafone broadband customer?

I bought one of these and with the fatcheese link I got €22.50 back not the €12.50 people seem to be getting. I had trouble with the fatcheese link posted by witnessmenow and had to navigate through and find it on prepay myself.

Chose the porting option and ordered. Fatcheese cash back showed up a day later due to the problems they are currently experiencing.

But yes. I got €22.50 and not €12.50.

It was a present for someone, I've yet to pick up a sim and order one myself.

Its showing up on your fatcheese account? Not showing up on mine :(

I guess I'll need to get in touch with them....

If I go down to the Vodafone store, will they give me €50 off this phone because I'm a Vodafone broadband customer?
    And the answer was no. No discount at all. And it was raining too.

How the fcuk am I supposed to get this really cheap?

And the answer was no. No discount at all. And it was raining too.

How the fcuk am I supposed to get this really cheap?

Could you not have just rang them?

Anyways, porting an existing number to vodafone gets you the phone for €40, even if its from a free sim card you've never used before from one of the other providers.

If you do it online, before you go to vodafones website set up an account with fatcheese.ie. Once you have that setup look for the vodafone deal on fatcheese and click the link. Then buy the phone and you will get €12.50 back in a few weeks time.

Total price = €27.50, That is as cheap as you can buy the phone at the moment if im not mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

In my fatcheese-account I currently see this under "Vodafone" (see pic). So it still seems to be €22.50 cashback for the rest of this week.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Its showing up on your fatcheese account? Not showing up on mine :(

I guess I'll need to get in touch with them....

Mine isn't showing either. Logged a ticket and was told that I'd have to wait a week to make the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i bought one on thursday got it today and bought another today. just checked fatcheese and i have €20 pending for thursdays one and €22.50 pending for todays 1:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

darth_maul wrote: »

Did anyon manage to check the status of the order, I tried about 10 times all day and get errors all the time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Op should do a quick edit in the title bar:

€22.50 Cashback untill Monday June 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

nava wrote: »
    Did anyon manage to check the status of the order, I tried about 10 times all day and get errors all the time. :mad:
    i usually end up checking 3 times in a row before finally getting a status,,but they'll send an email when it has been dispatched and when i checked account it still didnt show on tracking just kept saying being proccessed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

spongbob wrote: »
    Op should do a quick edit in the title bar:

€22.50 Cashback untill Monday June 27th.

Done

Could you not have just rang them?

Anyways, porting an existing number to vodafone gets you the phone for €40, even if its from a free sim card you've never used before from one of the other providers.

If you do it online, before you go to vodafones website set up an account with fatcheese.ie. Once you have that setup look for the vodafone deal on fatcheese and click the link. Then buy the phone and you will get €12.50 back in a few weeks time.

Total price = €27.50, That is as cheap as you can buy the phone at the moment if im not mistaken

I had to cycle in to post something anyway :pac:

Some people were saying they got it for €9.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

How long should it take to show up on my fatcheese account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Seems to be €59 now.What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement