Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart - Android - €40 (+ €22.50 cashback till June 27th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Black phone is still in stock, ordered one at 8:30pm.

Thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

got mine today.

for 28.50, it's one of the best bargain alerts i've ever seen. wifi, bluetooth, good responsive touchscreen, excellent apps, i bought it basically as a media player - and at that price, I'd barely get a bargain basement chinese mp4 player, let alone something of this quality. very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

How long does it take before the purchase shows up on my fatcheese account?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Jackeen63 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these through the fatcheese link. Didnt get anything added to my fatcheese cashback. ie Total Pending Cashback: €0.00

might take a few hours to show up

Have the VF845 for last few months and worked well for me, earpiece cracking a bit recently though, screen does get scratched and resistive screen need a bit of pressure

Ordered one of these, hope it's as nice

bazwaldo wrote: »

think my balance was changed within 24hours

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Gulliver wrote: »
    Fatcheese.jpg

I took new connection as being a new number, not porting.

Strange I order on Sunday and nearly 100% sure that option was for Switch your number over looks like the switch over is gone, I did a port from a 3 Sim and now I have €22.50 in my Fatcheese account, maybe contact them to clarify.
    This post has been deleted.

I had to pay €10, not sure if there's a free option available, I follow instructions as per the post below.
    I got this unlocked today.

It costs €10, and is pretty easy.

Download this application

Buy 10 credits (my password got put in my spam folder on gmail BTW)

Plug the battery out of the phone.

Plug it back in (sometimes it turns on automatically, if it does just plug it out and in agian)

Power it up by holding the power button and the volume down button, keep them held down for like 20-30 seconds. The Egg timer should stay on screen

Plug it into your PC.

Follow the instructions here

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

bazwaldo wrote: »

Sometimes it showes up instantly, sometimes it won't at all. It didn't show up for me since last friday and I have some other tickets opened since December last year. Their customer service is not bad. It doesn't exist at all. If your purchase wouldn't open within one day, you may forget about getting your cash back. I was unlucky this time, so I paid full price for this purchase :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Does rooting mean that these can be network unlocked too?

Ordered yesterday and went for ported number, showing up as €22.50 on fatcheese

Bens wrote: »
    Does rooting mean that these can be network unlocked too?

No, unlocking would be seperate I think, would need to do this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72846072&postcount=66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Got the phone today. Put the Voda sim card in and looks like it's not recognised. Also I don't see any phone number. I ported from Tesco, so I guess that's my new number, but when does it get activated?

Anhow nonetheless, this is one of the best bargains I've ever seen. Fantastic little phone. Altough resoluton of the screen is a little low res, its very accurate. Sound is fantastic. Even Angry Birds looks impressive considering the CPU.

Recommend this phone to anyone, bargain of the year so far imho.

Ps, typed on my new Smart :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

If I switch the number to Vodafone, will I lose my existing credit with Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Do you only get cashback if you use fat cheese? is there any cash back with being a vodafone number already and just upgrading

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

If you have an old sim or one of those free ones all the networks give away just use that, all they want is a different network number to change over.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

ordered a white one this morning.
    22/june

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

How does this work exactly?
    I went into fatcheese.ie, registered, when to the vodafone website through the fatcheese website and went through purchasing the phone however it is charging me full price.

Does the cash back come back through the fatcheese website?

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    How does this work exactly?
    I went into fatcheese.ie, registered, when to the vodafone website through the fatcheese website and went through purchasing the phone however it is charging me full price.

Does the cash back come back through the fatcheese website?

Yes, the cashback if done on the fatcheese website, for the vodafone cashback is about August when you get it.

EDIT: In most cases you should see on the fatcheese website the transaction as pending, if not there within a couple of days contact fatcheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

If I want to buy another one do I need to set up a new fatcheese account?

If I want to buy another one do I need to set up a new fatcheese account?

According to the Post Here you can order with the same account and get cashback for both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

witnessmenow can you help me here

i cant find which one,,i tried dc unlocker then it takes me to another page with another list of sites,,i'm useless at this lol

tantipie wrote: »
    witnessmenow can you help me here

i cant find which one,,i tried dc unlocker then it takes me to another page with another list of sites,,i'm useless at this lol

To download DC-Unlocker you can use the direct link to it Click Here

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Phone arrived this morning, unlocked it, now to flash it. This is my first Android so I will need a little help. I saw the post with checksums and so on but don't know what to do with them. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

just to clarify this offer, i'm currently with vodafone and am looking to upgrade,but all the phones on offer from vodafone are cheaper when switching from other networks rather than upgrading. so can i walk into o2 or meteor and get a free sim off them,then switch to vodafone using my free sim therefore getting the cheaper price and also availing of the fatcheese link and when i recieve my phone just pop my existing vodafone sim straight in??

sounds complicated but hopefully someone will know what i mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

ciaran_ wrote: »
    just to clarify this offer, i'm currently with vodafone and am looking to upgrade,but all the phones on offer from vodafone are cheaper when switching from other networks rather than upgrading. so can i walk into o2 or meteor and get a free sim off them,then switch to vodafone using my free sim therefore getting the cheaper price and also availing of the fatcheese link and when i recieve my phone just pop my existing vodafone sim straight in??

Yea, that's fine. :)

You need to get your hands on a sim from another network and port the number using the vodaphone online form.
    You will need to put that sim in a phone to receive the text from Vodaphone which will port the number over.
    You can then use your existing sim when the phone arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

biebiebie wrote: »
    Got the phone today. Put the Voda sim card in and looks like it's not recognised. Also I don't see any phone number. I ported from Tesco, so I guess that's my new number, but when does it get activated?

Anhow nonetheless, this is one of the best bargains I've ever seen. Fantastic little phone. Altough resoluton of the screen is a little low res, its very accurate. Sound is fantastic. Even Angry Birds looks impressive considering the CPU.

Recommend this phone to anyone, bargain of the year so far imho.

Ps, typed on my new Smart :-)

Did you get your Vodafone sim to work ?? Chalkitdown & mbt_kng seem to say it shouldn't be a problem, so I'd be interested to see how you get on.

I managed to order mine this morning & I intend to use my existing sim as I've had the number forever (it's also a really nice, easy number so I'm not parting with it !!)

Little A wrote: »
    Did you get your Vodafone sim to work ?? Chalkitdown & mbt_kng seem to say it shouldn't be a problem, so I'd be interested to see how you get on.

I managed to order mine this morning & I intend to use my existing sim as I've had the number forever (it's also a really nice, easy number so I'm not parting with it !!)

I'm not actually using the Vodaphone sim. When I checked the number from which I was porting (tesco) it was still working, so the new sim hadn't activated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

so can i walk into o2 or meteor and get a free sim off them,then switch to vodafone using my free sim

I went into a 3 and Meteor store in town the other day, meteor only would give me a free sim with €10 topup and 3 had a similar amount.

Does that happen in all stores?

• Advertisement

breathn wrote: »
    I went into a 3 and Meteor store in town the other day, meteor only would give me a free sim with €10 topup and 3 had a similar amount.

Does that happen in all stores?

Tesco sims, are 5€ I think (with 5€ credit on them). you can get 3 and O2 sims free online but would take a few days

Advertisement