Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart - Android - €40 (+ €22.50 cashback till June 27th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

I read one really bad review of the phone, but feck it I'm still getting it. They reviewed everything except the actual phone part, but for that money its great value.(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I see that it doesn't have multi-touch (not complaining due to cheap price!). But does anyone know if this is due to hardware limitations, or if can possibly be introduced later on using a rooted ROM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Definitely bought one. Considering for 39.99 with cashback you're getting an android 2.2 phone with wifi and 256mb ram, peoples expectations are far too high. What else would you get for that price? A nokia phone with a screen the size of my nail, with a flashlight and not much else....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I just ordered the LG Optimus 7 this morning!!! (Not dissappointed though :D)

I'm also a Vodafone at Home subscriber, does that mean I'll get a €50 voucher when the bill comes?

... does that mean they'll give me the phone and €10?!?!?!?!?!

:pac:

Can't seem to figure out the fatcheese.ie

And here's a good review of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4I4aoiT2w

Going to hack the living shíte out of this phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mikesp

Does it come with a memory card? For this price I'm assuming that it doesn't.

• Advertisement

mikesp wrote: »
    Does it come with a memory card? For this price I'm assuming that it doesn't.
    Comes with a 1gb I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

cover can be fully customized for €10.90

http://vodafonesmart-mydesign.com/designstudio

and can be unlocked at http://www.dc-unlocker.com/supported_models_1/huawei_1 for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Got mine today. Nice little phone. Great value @ €20.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

whats the battery like on it for anyone who bought one??

• Advertisement

ciaran_ wrote: »
    whats the battery like on it for anyone who bought one??
    Supposedly terrible, but if it's €20.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Supposedly terrible, but if it's €20.....
    Less than a day it seems .
    Batteries on android phones in general are appalling,main reason I wont buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Zardoz wrote: »
    Less than a day it seems .
    Batteries on android phones in general are appalling,main reason I wont buy one.

I bought the Orange San Francisco and all the reviews spoke of poor battery life. All I can say is, if you leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time the battery will last about a day, otherwise it's comparable to any phone I've ever had.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Comes with a 1gb I think :)

2gb it seems

2gb it seems
    If I can figure out how to get my vodafone at home discount, I'd run down right now to get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Pay as you go on a smartphone ... Wont you get shafted for price per mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

mathie wrote: »
    Pay as you go on a smartphone ... Wont you get shafted for price per mb?

Its 99c to use the web per day on Vodafone PAYG. The allowance is 50MB, which is pretty reasonable, after that they'll charge you per MB.

If I can figure out how to get my vodafone at home discount, I'd run down right now to get it :D

Ditto. Online system is a crock of sh1t. Login to "At Home" then site asks to login again when viewing phones, even though its the same session. However this time the login *always* fails... wtf?!!

What free SIM can I get my hands on easily so I get the €20 porting off?

Tried to order O2 sim online, but the .Net system barfs up an error when I fill out the order form.

Honestly, have they all sacked their testing departments lately??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

raveni wrote: »
    This is a grand phone for the price, vodafone/perlico fixed line customers can get 50 euros off. Got two vouchers with our recent bill, my Ma got it, a decent enough phone for 9.99:D
    I'm with Vodafone home and use online billing,I suppose I wont get any vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I'd be interested to hear the reviews of those that ordered one. Keep us informed on your purchase please.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

biebiebie wrote: »
    What free SIM can I get my hands on easily so I get the €20 porting off?

Tried to order O2 sim online, but the .Net system barfs up an error when I fill out the order form.

Honestly, have they all sacked their testing departments lately??

you could pick up a tesco sim from any of the stores nationwide for just 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

2gb it seems

Mine came earlier today, 1gb card installed.

Can't give any reviews on the phone yet tho, surprise pressie for son!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

spongbob wrote: »

Just go into any o2 store and ask for a free sim pack. I grabbed one from the o2 on grafton st for this offer. Looking forward to receiving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear the reviews of those that ordered one. Keep us informed on your purchase please.

I got one of these last week. My first smartphone. For the price I think it's great.I'm not big in to phones and all that but I played around with the apps etc. and I'm really impressed.I needed a new phone anyway so this is grand just to use as a normal phone. There is no point in comparing it to phones ten times the price.
    With regard the battery,if you turn off the blue tooth and wi-fi etc then the battery lasts much longer.
    I'm happy with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm with Vodafone home and use online billing,I suppose I wont get any vouchers.
    You could ring them up, see if they'd send one out, I'm sure you'd be just as entitled to it.
    Interestingly I hadn't realised the voucher was only meant for people moving to vodafone...my Mother has a vodafone number yet she managed to get the discount so either somebody wasn't doing their job or they're letting that slip...

So how do we buy these online? I use online billing also, so no vouchers for me I guess?

Can someone just tell us how to get it cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

2gb it seems

No, it's 1gb I've had one for about 2 weeks

spongbob wrote: »

Cheers Spongbob, that did the trick.
    Cheers OP, ordered one in White. Fantastic price for a backup (or even main!) smartphone.

• Advertisement

So has anyone managed to buy one online that is with Vodafone At Home broadband?

Advertisement