Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to check out the Konami one this year, it was crazy last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.konami.com/e3/
    "Register your seat!"

June 2, geez they really are early.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Fingers crossed for some bit of news on the next Half Life. Wether its episode 3 or Half Life 3 its about time valve said something about it.

Fingers crossed for some bit of news on the next Half Life. Wether its episode 3 or Half Life 3 its about time valve said something about it.

Didn't gaben say something about a new game unrelated to half-life?
    Apparently they came up with a whole new play mechanic for portal 2 buy the testers told them it had to have portals, so they scrapped that and created a portal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

That PS3 exclusive game with the bloody giant rat bird monster and the little boy is his friend and stuff, oh my god i cant remember the name of it. Made by the same guys that did Ico. It seems like its taking ages to come out, or even have any new trailers/reveals.

The usual 2 3's and 4's also. Some trailers/gameplay on Tekken X Street Fighter would be nice also. Gonna have a media blackout on games im looking forward to that are also heavily plot driven (Uncharted, Gears) I ruined God of War 3 for myself having viewed all the big set-peices already on gametrailers.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That PS3 exclusive game with the bloody giant rat bird monster and the little boy is his friend and stuff, oh my god i cant remember the name of it. Made by the same guys that did Ico. It seems like its taking ages to come out, or even have any new trailers/reveals.

Thats The Last Guardian,they are remaking Ico & Shadow of the Collosus too.Nobody has a clue when The Last Guardian or the HD remakes are out.As a fan of the 360 I hope MS announce something to look forward to come 2012 last years press conferance sucked as a 360 fan.I expect Alan Wake 2 and maybe the heavily rumoured Halo:CE remake.If thats just it it'd suck again.

GTR63 wrote: »
    maybe the heavily rumoured Halo:CE remake.
    A remake of a 9 year old game?

And some people complain about Nintendo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GTR63 wrote: »
    the heavily rumoured Halo:CE remake

not just a rumour, was confirmed late last year

/\/ollog wrote: »
    A remake of a 9 year old game?

And some people complain about Nintendo...

FPS's hold up worse than practically any other genre.The only thing positive MS could say about it is that at least its not another sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Shenmue 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd love to hear about Timesplitters 4 and Shenmue 3, at least one of them would be possible.

I bloody well hope MS doesn't reveal a new console, they only brought out the updated one recently, and Kinect was only revealed last year so i doubt they're going to make them obsolete already. And i can't afford a new console!!!

Edit: Oh, and Nollag, my stupid phone won't read your Qr, you don't have a link to a bigger one per chance?

Double Edit: Never mind, i got it and it just comes up as gibberish! ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Nintendo: Project Café, with a new Zelda and support from Japanese devs like Konami, Namco etc. Lots of ports and multi-platform games.

Microsoft: Halo Online, maybe a new all-in-one Xbox with built-in Kinect

Sony: Focus on NGP. Interesting to see how they handle PSN furore.

Apple
    : Having a developer conference across the road from E3. I expect a new persistent online experience across Apple devices (iCloud), iOS 5, revamped Apple TV with its own App Store. That potentially will cause a bigger impact on the industry than anything at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hope we get to see something about a Duke Nukem game..

oh wait, am so used to saying that every E3 for the past decade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'd love to hear about Timesplitters 4 and Shenmue 3, at least one of them would be possible.

I bloody well hope MS doesn't reveal a new console, they only brought out the updated one recently, and Kinect was only revealed last year so i doubt they're going to make them obsolete already. And i can't afford a new console!!!

Edit: Oh, and Nollag, my stupid phone won't read your Qr, you don't have a link to a bigger one per chance?

im hoping they do announce a new console with a load of new ips, im so sick of this gen at the moment, that and its been 6 years since the 360 released which is already too long for a console gen everything is becoming stagnant because of it.

also Kinect was already said to be built with future consoles in mind so no fear of that becoming obsolete (unfortunately), its only a usb plug in so it will easily be used on the nextbox

Edit: Oh, and Nollog, my stupid phone won't read your Qr, you don't have a link to a bigger one per chance?

It's my 3DS Mii.
    Lol, only works on a 3DS.

And that's what I want to hear about at e3. GAMES. Something the 3DS lacks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I guess Valve will be showing off DOTA 2 but I'd love to see something remotely HL related.

I'm interested in what Ninty do with their new machine. Will it be a direct competitor to the "hardcore" 360/PS3 rather than a replacement of the Wii. They've seem to have abandoned that space.

5uspect wrote: »
    Will it be a direct competitor to the "hardcore" 360/PS3

it would be very silly of nintendo if it is, given that it's basically 6 year old specs. theyll have to use it as a bridging console if they're planning on attacking that space at some stage in the next future, perhaps the generation after this one. with stream being so close to the 360 and ps3 in terms of capabilities, the next gen from sony and ms will blow it out of the water, so there's no way nintendo are stupid enough to be lining up a long term battle with them for this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    it would be very silly of nintendo if it is, given that it's basically 6 year old specs. theyll have to use it as a bridging console if they're planning on attacking that space at some stage in the next future, perhaps the generation after this one. with stream being so close to the 360 and ps3 in terms of capabilities, the next gen from sony and ms will blow it out of the water, so there's no way nintendo are stupid enough to be lining up a long term battle with them for this generation

It's nintendo lad... Look at 3ds release line up. Nintendo will newer be so stupid.... Oh wait....

I know it works, but where's games? Something new, not rehashed Seles for 6th time. Which is not even out yet.

I really hope that new nintendo yoke will be power horse, but knowing nintendo it will be some sort of gimmick machine.

Brw any date on NGP yet? I presume they will announce it on e3?

ngp probably wont be out in ireland this year, probably feb/march but im not entirely sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

It's nintendo lad... Look at 3ds release line up. Nintendo will newer be so stupid.... Oh wait....

I know it works, but where's games? Something new, not rehashed Seles for 6th time. Which is not even out yet.

I really hope that new nintendo yoke will be power horse, but knowing nintendo it will be some sort of gimmick machine.

Brw any date on NGP yet? I presume they will announce it on e3?

id just like to point out that the wii was about their only console that wasnt a powerhouse

• Advertisement

We do not know the spec.
    Rumours suggest "significantly more powerful than the ps3".
    Other rumours say "they power will make you say 'wow'".

It has to be ps3+wii at least (in terms of power) to be good enough in my opinion.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well current gen GPUs are an order of magnitude more powerful than current consoles in terms of GFLOPS. It shouldn't be too hard to surpass them.

id just like to point out that the wii was about their only console that wasnt a powerhouse

Well you right, just that all wii thing got stuck in my head. One of the reasons nintendostashs with less powerful systems and less impressive visuals it's that is cheaper to make, and they can work on game mechanics. There was a good debate on gt trailers about this new nintendo console.

It looks that nintendo wants a slice of cake that Sony and xbox are having, but will nintendo have enough experience with hd stuff?

In all fairness I am really looking forward to this nintendo thing. Thought my biggest exitmemt is about NGP. Pricing and info on it would be welcomed.

Any place where you could watch live stream if e3?

There was a good debate on gt trailers about this new nintendo console.
    got link?

You mean this?
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/504?ch=1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished the Orange Box recently so I'm kinda hooked on Half-Life now. Hopefully there will be something Half-Life 3/Episode 3 related at E3.

ngp probably wont be out in ireland this year, probably feb/march but im not entirely sure

It'll be interesting to see if Ninty announce that their next home console is out next Spring will Sony move the release date of the NGP forward or delay it until next summer. The price will make or break the NGP i'd say. Hope to see BioShock infinite make a appearance.With Magazine cover reveals & leaks E3 doesn't seem to have that mistique it once had.

We do not know the spec.
    Rumours suggest "significantly more powerful than the ps3".

the only rumours from a remotely reliable source say its comparable to the 360 and ps3, absolutely no suggestion that its more powerful or that it can be considered proper next gen

its another gimmick with the new controllers

the only rumours from a remotely reliable source say its comparable to the 360 and ps3, absolutely no suggestion that its more powerful or that it can be considered proper next gen

its another gimmick with the new controllers
    Every source I read said it was significantly more powerful than the ps3.
    What did you read?
    Or is this gimmick bull your own spin on things like casual games don't mean call of duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

New 3DS games, I need a reason to replace my janky ds lite.

Info on what the hell Final Fantasy XIII-2 is going to be.

New announcement from crytek uk.

Project cafe(obviously).

• Advertisement

yeah m8. cheers. cant get proper links on damn phone! i really like when they sit down and have a discussions like this.

Advertisement