Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options
  • 12-05-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

So it's nearly that time of year again and thought now would be a good time to start up a thread about this years Electronic Entertainment Expo (June 7th-9th).

Some of the big games on show this year will be Gears of War 3, Batman:Arkham City, Uncharted 3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3 and hopefully COD: Modern Warfare 3, along with many other great games. Also we will probably see more info on Nintendo's new console Project Cafe and possibly info on the rumoured new X-Box.

So, what games are you looking forward to seeing this year???

Feel free to post any new info on the upcoming event here, and if there is anyone from Boards going to the event, please keep us updated on your travels!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Big hope for me is Grand Theft Auto news. Even just info on the setting would be enough for me.

Also hoping for a new Metal Gear Solid Rising trailer, hopefully with some info on the story.

Should be a great E3 though. Some fantastic games in the pipeline, and hopefully more focused on games than last year with all the Kinect and Move demonstrations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Yeah a GTA 5 confirmation would be cool. I wonder what surprises there'll be this year? Remember last year Sony gave us Resistance 3 & Twisted Metal as their surprises.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want to see what Atlus are putting out, hopefully some new Shin Megami Tensei games.

I think the biggie will be the Nintendo project cafe reveal and if the other 2 pull the sheets off any new hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I really hope Nintendo announce a decent console and return to being contenders.

Looking forward to the games mentioned, don't think the 2 big guys will announce new hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am looking forward on more info on NGP. Would love to know more on that new nintendo money printing Mashine.

Gamewise: bf3 ofc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Skyrim is the big one for me, want to see some proper gameplay footage.

Nintendo's new console. I want to see what surprises Nintendo will give us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually I'm really hoping a few japanese RPGs and games for the PSP and DS get announced as being localised. With the PSP dead in the West and DS being replaced there's a danger some companies won't bother localising some very good games. Valkyria Chronicles 3 would be very nice.

Also Dreamcast 2 would be awesome. I can hope :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well R* announced that they will not be showing at E3 so sorry but no GTA 5 lads. I would give anything to attend E3 just once in my life!

Rockstar traditionally are very secretive about the GTA franchise. They usually start up a small viral campaign that builds up to a trailer 6 months before a games launch so you won't see anything until close to release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It should be one of the better E3's. Hopefully everyone can keep their stuff a secret until June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Besides the new Ninty machine, I just want confirmation of an online first person shooter on the 3DS....MW3 would be nice :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I want to see what Atlus are putting out, hopefully some new Shin Megami Tensei games.

I think the biggie will be the Nintendo project cafe reveal and if the other 2 pull the sheets off any new hardware.

Persona 4 Portable would be awesome. One last spin for my PSP!

Red Dead 2 would be nice as would GTA 5 but Rockstar seem happy enough without needing to say anything about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Games for the 3DS

I would love a 3D pokemon game for it
    Also the mario games for it i need to know what super mario 3DS is going to be like
    MGS 3 for the 3DS Where is it just a video showing it i will be happy

The NGP

What games are comeing out for it
    How much am i looking at paying for it

Wii 2 AKA cafe

Are you going to make real games this time around for it
    A Pokemon MMO for it
    3D support on it will make me buy it

Xbox 360

Some hardcore kinect games will be nice eg gears or helo
    Some new 1st party games where are they ?
    Maybe a hint at the new xbox

PS 3

More 3D games for it
    Some gameplay videos of the 1st party games that are comeing out

Also maybe sony will tell us the day the psn will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'm very much looking forward to hearing more about the NGP. I'm hoping the price won't be too high though, that could put a bit of a downer on Sony's conference for me - unless they'll wait until Gamescom to reveal a price?

I'm really hoping for a set in stone release date for the Team Ico Collection and The Last Guardian.

I haven't got a 3DS yet, but I'm on the cusp of making that investment. I want Nintendo to give me some more reasons to get excited about it, in the same way that the reveal of Prof. Layton versus Phoenix Wright did last year. Although I haven't bought a Wii yet, I'm still very interested to see what the 'Project Cafe' is going to be like and whether any of the rumours about the controller are true.

Seeing as how Microsoft have so few first party games announced for this year it seems pretty likely that they're working on a new console. If they revealed that at E3 without any substantial rumours coming out beforehand they could bring the house down. I love those moments at E3 where the crowd just goes 'WHA?!'. If there is no new hardware I'd love some games to get me excited, last years E3 was kinda crap for MS if you weren't into Kinect, a show more like 2009 would be perfect - game after game after game; Shadow Complex 2 please!

The thing that I wish would happen but I know won't is something from Valve about their future games. A showing of DotA 2 would be great but anymore than that is probably expecting too much.
    Persona 4 Portable would be awesome. One last spin for my PSP!
    A hundred times this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I think Nintendo will steal the show with project cafe. Microsoft will be concentrating on the kinect with more than just dancing games and shovel ware to be revealed. Id imagine it will show off plenty of core games with kinect features. Hoping Sony have some big announcements regarding new games and new features for the PSN as it will be looking to bounce back from the hacking scandal. Dont think we will see GTA V or Agent for the PS3.

Times for conferences of big 3:

Microsoft 5:00 PM Irish time Mon 6th June
    Sony 1:00 AM Irish time Tue 7th June
    Nintendo 5:00 PM Irish time Tue 7th June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Im throwing it out there

New sega console :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is there a link from rockstar saying they wont be showing anything? is so im disappointed :( its been far too long since the last gta, im hoping to see the new nintendo console and hopefully the others might get off their arses and show us some stuff as well, i still have horrible memories of last years ms conference (just constant WTF am i seeing throughout the whole thing :D), i have a funny feeling its all going to be kinect again for ms and ngp + apologizing for psn from sony

iMuse wrote: »
    Times for conferences of big 3:

Microsoft 5:00 PM Irish time Mon 6th June
    Sony 1:00 AM Irish time Tue 7th June
    Nintendo 5:00 PM Irish time Tue 7th June
    I was going to put this in my OP, but the dates don't seem right. E3 is running from the 7th-9th :confused:
    ngp + apologizing for psn from sony
    Yeah I wonder how they will come across in regards to the PSN outage.

NGP should be interesting, hope there will be some good release games. And we will get an idea of price too hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I was going to put this in my OP, but the dates don't seem right. E3 is running from the 7th-9th :confused:

Yeah I wonder how they will come across in regards to the PSN outage.

NGP should be interesting, hope there will be some good release games. And we will get an idea of price too hopefully!

Microsoft usually have their conference the day before the event starts proper. So the times there are probably right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Im sure the 7th - 9th bit is the actual expo where people attend etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

More info on the new Hitman is to be revealed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

iMuse wrote: »
    Im sure the 7th - 9th bit is the actual expo where people attend etc.?

Yeah it is, Microsoft have their conference the day before though.

is there a link from rockstar saying they wont be showing anything? is so im disappointed :( its been far too long since the last gta, im hoping to see the new nintendo console and hopefully the others might get off their arses and show us some stuff as well, i still have horrible memories of last years ms conference (just constant WTF am i seeing throughout the whole thing :D), i have a funny feeling its all going to be kinect again for ms and ngp + apologizing for psn from sony

I'm quite sure they are showing Max Payne 3 and Agent, I didn't see anything saying they wouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How is a trade show 3-4 weeks away "nearly upon us"? :confused:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How is a trade show 3-4 weeks away "nearly upon us"? :confused:

Look at any gaming site on the net, they have been building up E3 for a couple of weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'd love to see something more that screen shots for the new Tomb Raider game. Can't find a trailer anywhere, so I'm guessing there isn't one yet.
    Also, I saw the trailer for Azura's Wrath last night. More of this please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

theyre right

have invitations to them all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Timesplitters 4, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

The show is more than just the console manufacturers.
    It's a 3 day show on the floor, with dates around the 3 days for the big conferences by the console manufacturers.
    konami is also on before the start of e3 this year.

Advertisement