Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I loved if sony announced hd collection for rachet and clank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How’s the old saying go? At E3, you can have any kind of game you want, as long as it’s a shooter.

As the E3 Expo, the videogame industry’s annual bombastic show of force, begins anew Tuesday, it’s getting harder and harder to tell one game from another. This is not simply because of the unceasing epileptic blasts of light and deafening cacophony of sound that fill the darkened halls of the Los Angeles Convention Center all week — although those help.

It’s because as gamemakers come to grips with the ever-riskier business of building big-budget entertainment, more and more of them are playing it safe just to survive, feeding in the same narrowing pool of game genres.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/06/e3-expo-2011/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I can't wait to see what Nintendo's new console's controller looks like with that 6 inch touchscreen.Its looking like MS plan on going into Kinect overdrive with their conferance.I'm suprised no ones line up hasn't been leaked yet,still a day to go it might still be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Thief 4 is definitely in development so hopefully we see some gameplay this time.

Also perhaps there'll be some System Shock 3 info??? EA have said they are exploring what to do with the IP. GoG recently got permission to publish a slew of EA titles however they said that they haven't gotten Syndicate or System Shock. This means one of two things to me:

1) There's a new game coming and EA are holdin off the old school rerelease of Syndicate and System Shock games and going to use them to promote the new games when they are released.

2) Ken Levine is being a **** about the System Shock license.

If I'm right and EA turn it into a straight FPS with not RPG elements an a linear strudture then I think I'd rather it never got made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also perhaps there'll be some System Shock 3 info???

If there is news about System Shock 3, this will be me on Monday...

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: E3 Trailer

Why didn't they just just call it resident left for black op's :(

Ok it's not game play but if it's meant to give a feel for the game my new title is quite apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

calex71 wrote: »
    Why didn't they just just call it resident left for black op's :(

Ok it's not game play but if it's meant to give a feel for the game my new title is quite apt.

.... what ?

Magill wrote: »
    .... what ?

I looks like a cross between left for dead, black op's and tacked on zombies, mind you after resi 5 I really shouldn't have expected much more.

I could be well off the mark once game play gets shown but that trailer left me thinking they were appealing to lowest common denominators and not doing something to reboot the series to its former glory. In other words playing it safe.

I looks like a cross between left for dead, black op's and tacked on zombies, mind you after resi 5 I really shouldn't have expected much more.

I could be well off the mark once game play gets shown but that trailer left me thinking they were appealing to lowest common denominators and not doing something to reboot the series to its former glory. In other words playing it safe.

You gathered all that from a cinematic trailer... with absolutely no info or gameplay footage ? You work for IGN by any chance ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is this ever on tv folks ? (any where in the world live)

• Advertisement

You gathered all that from a cinematic trailer... with absolutely no info or gameplay footage ? You work for IGN by any chance ? :)

Its a cover based shooter where you can kill Leon Kennedy so its safe to say Racoon City is going to get criticised.The leads do look generic and names like Spectre, Vector & Beltway don't help either.I just can't see too many people wanting to buy this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Headshot wrote: »
    Is this ever on tv folks ? (any where in the world live)

Not in Ireland unfortunately :o AFAIK G4TV in the US are showing it

E3 timetable:
    Microsoft e3 press conference, 5:30pm GMT, June 6

Sony e3 press conference, 1am GMT, June 7

Nintendo e3 press conference, 5pm GMT , June 7

Gametrailers will be providing live streams for all press conferences

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So glad i did not buy mgs peace walker now, have more incentive to get the HD collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Not in Ireland unfortunately :o AFAIK G4TV in the US are showing it

E3 timetable:
    Microsoft e3 press conference, 5:30pm GMT, June 6

Sony e3 press conference, 1am GMT, June 7

Nintendo e3 press conference, 5pm GMT , June 7

Gametrailers will be providing live streams for all press conferences

Sony's conference is tonight at 1, not the 8th.

Lol , I wish. The way things are on the job front I'd gladly work for the devils :D

No like I said I could be well wide of the mark, but the trailer is what they are presenting us with to give a 1st impression and overall feel for the game, and my impression was that it was completely generic, hopefully the game isn't the same but I don't have high hopes for it yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mass Effect 3 will be shown today.

Lol , I wish. The way things are on the job front I'd gladly work for the devils :D

No like I said I could be well wide of the mark, but the trailer is what they are presenting us with to give a 1st impression and overall feel for the game, and my impression was that it was completely generic, hopefully the game isn't the same but I don't have high hopes for it yet :(

Me neither, hopefully it suprises tho, i've not really enjoyed a resident evil game since the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I thought it started the 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What time is this on today at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

What time is this on today at?
    1.30am your time
    I thought it started the 7th?

microsofts conference is today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Here's a live schedule of the events on GameTrailers. Seems pretty good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/liveschedule_fullsize.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

http://kotaku.com/5808799/your-handy-guide-to-e3s-big-press-conference-kick+off-times

Run-down of the 5 big confrences and the times worldwide. Looks like I got my bank holiday planned out....waiting for these to see shiny new games and hunting down decent livestreams.

EA's Conference stream

MicroSoft's Conference stream (not up yet but should be there later)

Ubisoft Conference via Uplay and Ubisoft Youtube channel

Sony Conference via Gamespot (also has the other conferences listed)

Nintendos Conference

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh, almost forgot E3 was this week!

Bring on the crappy PR conferences irregularly punctuated by awesome announcements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Does anyone have the complete e3 timetable with the european times?
    Session tonight watching all the conferences.... I'm so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5808799/your-handy-guide-to-e3s-big-press-conference-kick+off-times

Run-down of the 5 big confrences and the times worldwide. Looks like I got my bank holiday planned out....waiting for these to see shiny new games and hunting down decent livestreams.

EA's Conference stream

MicroSoft's Conference stream (not up yet but should be there later)

Ubisoft Conference via Uplay and Ubisoft Youtube channel

Sony Conference via Gamespot (also has the other conferences listed)

Nintendos Conference
    Can a mod stick this in the OP? Save people having to go digging back pages later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

28lx3er.png

BT= British Time

Hoping for some GTA news, A GTA HD collection would be sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

iMuse wrote: »
    28lx3er.png

BT= British Time

Hoping for some GTA news, A GTA HD collection would be sweet :D

I would kill someone for that

The painfully obvious MS Announcement.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/305081/news/halo-4-halo-anniversary-edition-leaked/

Bioware will be at the MS Conferance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

where can I watch this folks (very good steam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Microsoft are trying to outdo Sony in the worst at keeping stuff under wraps category. I can see its conference to be a snorefest of stupid Kinect games and finished off with
    Halo 4 and Halo remake
    to keep the core happy.

Advertisement