Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone have a timetable of the E3 Conferences with european times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

iMuse wrote: »

Microsoft 5:00 PM Irish time Mon 6th June
    Sony 1:00 AM Irish time Tue 7th June
    Nintendo 5:00 PM Irish time Tue 7th June

Dont know about times for the other 3rd party conferences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Does anyone reckon there will be a price drop for the ps3.pngsince there announcing the ps4's release ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That_Guy wrote: »
    Konami's E3 press conference at 1am GMT.

http://konami.com/e3/

Pissed off that I won't be able to watch it live. Stupid work tomorrow.
    13 minutes ago?

The link is timing out now. ****.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570
    Konami reveals their upcoming lineup, including huge titles from past and present! New HD collections from Silent Hill to Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders, plus news on new products like Metal Gear Solid: Rising, NeverDead and Silent Hill: Downpour!
    HD Collection? Doesnt that just mean a repackage of the old ****?

• Advertisement

MGS HD collection :D:D

So yeah just repackaging ZOE and ZOE2 for PS3. Thats all well and good but I was hoping for that sequel.

Overheal wrote: »
    So yeah just repackaging ZOE and ZOE2 for PS3. Thats all well and good but I was hoping for that sequel.

Maybe if it sells well then they will do a sequel. Ill def be getting the MGS Collection, Its on 360 aswell.
    The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2. Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

PS3 Packs will also support Transfarring, their new.... thing. I didn't read into it. Something about PSPs and general muppetry.

PS3 Packs will also support Transfarring, their new.... thing. I didn't read into it. Something about PSPs and general muppetry.

Means if you play MGS peace walker on PSP, you can transfer your save over to PS3 and continue on apparently. Im sure they will do it with more games for the Sony Vita

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll take both please. Never played ZoE and I wanna play MGS3 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Feckin' loving all these HD collections! I got the Sly, Tomb Raider, God Of War and Prince Of Persia collections. Silent Hill and MGS being released is great.
    Now, gimme a Jak & Daxter collection and everything will be fine...

If its a remake will they fix up the graphics at all or just straight repackage the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They generally just upscale them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If its a remake will they fix up the graphics at all or just straight repackage the games?

He said it won't be just an emulator port, that they are re-doing it from the ground up with better textures etc, res etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad i'll finally get to play MGS3 after you lot haven't shut about about how brilliant it is. Any word on release dates? Also, speaking of HD remakes, RELEASE THE ICO/SotC REMAKES ALREADY!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kiith wrote:
    Also, speaking of HD remakes, RELEASE THE ICO/SotC REMAKES ALREADY!!

+1

Will these conferences be available to download or watch live only? Because me no likely live streams!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Sony's NGP games are looking hot. Hope they don't screw up on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yea, i'm very impressed with the NGP lineup, think it's gonna be a day one purchase as long as it's not too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Actually as alot of people will not be able to watch the livestreams of the press conferences due to work/college etc, any chance of getting links to them put in the OP post broadcast, so that people can easily watch them without wading through this thread and hence spoiling everything for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't f*cking wait for UFC Undisputed 3 to be shown at this!!!! Sounds like a huge improvement taking the sub system from EA and adding a Pride mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

TT09 wrote: »
    Does anyone reckon there will be a price drop for the ps3.pngsince there announcing the ps4's release ?

Doubt there will be.Probably will be one coming up to Christmas though. Everyone is pointing to a 360 price drop though

Offscreen Uncharted NGP - what voodoo?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/02/ngp-previews-let%E2%80%99s-talk-games-starting-with-uncharted/

Not sure if we're allowed post gifs - please edit if not - but I came across these and they give a great taste.

icFidg.gif

icFBSU.gif

Couple more:

http://k.min.us/icF9KM.gif
    http://k.min.us/iuAI8.gif

NGP's launch games are looking better than PS3's did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

they do look good, looking forward to the sony conferience and ubisofts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would love to get some information on Thief 4. We have been waiting for years at this stage.

I would love to get some information on Thief 4. We have been waiting for years at this stage.
    Perhaps thats why Thief went on sale on Steam earlier in the week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Perhaps thats why Thief went on sale on Steam earlier in the week

I was having a peep around the Thief forums and some people do seem to have caught on to that possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: E3 Trailer

Advertisement