Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2011 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Every source I read said it was significantly more powerful than the ps3.
    What did you read?
    Or is this gimmick bull your own spin on things like casual games don't mean call of duty?

the french guys who broke it intially, then broke the fact that the controller could stream games, then leaked the controller design have said its comparable to the 360 and ps3 in terms of specs

theyve not said anything about it being significantly more poweful or anything of the sort, and theyve been pretty much on the money so far

not sure what you mean with the last point. what does a franchise in decline have to do with gimmicky controllers with touch screens on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The same guys also released the specs of NGP before it was officially unveiled...

The same guys also released the specs of NGP before it was officially unveiled...

didnt they have the xperia play stuff first too actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Helix wrote: »
    didnt they have the xperia play stuff first too actually?

Can't remember, very well could have been though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

My E3 reveal predictions:-

Cafe will be graphically superior, but nothing ground breaking
    Half Life 3
    NGP $250 wi-fi and $350 3G
    New Halo
    New PS3 God of War and PSP HD collection
    New HD collection announcements
    Core Kinect games (not many and what's there will not play as well as the video indicates)
    Forza 4
    Fable 4
    Move specific games

That's all I can think of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Liamario wrote: »

They'll just have enough extra power to make porting games easier, i doubt Nintendo want this to be a Saturn like half step generation. Even compared against old PS3 and 360 specs it won't be that powerful, Nintendo never do the powerful console that sells at a loss. The biggest difference will be the new gimmick it not just going to be a me to console like the GameCube.
    Half Life 3

With no episode 3 coming out any more it has to be announced at some point, better sooner than later.

Some more details on release date and see if all the disasters in Japan have delayed it.

I think those price point are likely, most tablets and netbooks with 3g are generally 50 more but for a more niche product a bit more than that is likely.
    Fable 4

Another disappointing sequel from Molyneux .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

the french guys who broke it intially, then broke the fact that the controller could stream games, then leaked the controller design have said its comparable to the 360 and ps3 in terms of specs
    Il décrit la machine comme étant d’une puissance à peu près équivalente à celle de la Xbox 360.
    He described the machine as roughly equivalent to the Xbox 360 in terms of power.

You mean that, right?
    Leak coming from ubisoft in all likelihood.
    From the laziest developers out there, I'd say that's the lower threshold of power.
    That's the way I read it at least.
    My body's ready to have its hopes dashed nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh look,
    Michael fecking-GUESSWORK Pachter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

My E3 reveal predictions:-

Half Life 3
    New Halo
    New PS3 God of War and PSP HD collection
    New HD collection announcements
    Core Kinect games (not many and what's there will not play as well as the video indicates)
    Forza 4
    Fable 4
    Move specific games

That's all I can think of right now.
    Doubt it.

Valve only just released Portal 2, then they're doing DLC for Left 4 Dead 2, then Portal 2 DLC, more TF2 features, and DOTA 2 is coming out.

I'd also be surprised with a new Halo. I'd imagine all we'll get is an announcement about a Halo: CE remake. They might possibly announce something closer to the 10 year anniversary, but 343 Industries are still only building their team, plus they're taking control of the Reach multiplayer over the coming weeks/months

I've never played a Fable game (yet!), but surely they wouldn't announce another game so quickly?

But hey, I LOVE surprises! :D Cliff Bleszinski has hinted that there'll be another Gears Of War 3 mode unveiled at E3. Sounds like they're taking on Halo Reach for cramming tons of content on a disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Well, Valve have confirmed that they're showing no games at E3.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

noooooooooooooooooooooooo.com

etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A big first for Konami (and E3, as far as I’m aware), they’ll be hosting viewing parties in four major international cities: San Fransisco, Toronto, Canada; Mexico City, Mexico; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.

“To commemorate KONAMI’s first Pre-E3 Show 2011, we singled out the locales with exceptional and distinct settings. Each venue sets an ideal stage for us to showcase our Pre-E3 Show agenda and is sure to excite guests around the world.” –Shinji Hirano, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Their emphasis on global exposure seems to implicate a big reveal this year. Yeah, we know about Metal Gear Raiden, but all this attention can’t just be for that. Metal Gear Solid 5? Castlevania? Zone of the Enders? Snatcher? Policenauts? There’s a pretty long wishlist of Konami titles fans would love to see again. We’ll just have to wait for their conference on June 2.
    funny-pictures-this-fish-is-holding-his-breath.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm interested to see Nintendo's press conference the most really given that they're releasing a new console.
    Also interested to see what they have in store for the 3DS. I'm hoping for a Mario 3DS game.

Not sure what to expect from Microsoft really. A new Kinect model? Skype on Xbox? Not sure what else to expect bar maybe a few, "we're getting exclusive extra content" type announcements. And of course, Gears 3. :)

Sony's presser should be an interesting watch too given the recent outage of the PSN.
    Apart from that though, I'm hoping to see lots of NGP stuff and I hope against hope that they'll really push this as a solid contender to the 3DS.

I'd love an announcement on the following new games:

Timesplitters (Oh god yes please)
    GTA 5, though I'm not holding out much hope.
    Forza 4.
    Fable 4.

I can't wait to see Gears 3, Resistance 3 and I could take or leave the new COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

Biggest thing for me is Café! Sounds awesome so far!
    Hopefully Microsoft'll show a few good games! Still looking for a reason to get Kinect!
    Also hope Sony's won't tank from all the PSN stuff going on! They've gotta do something big to move on! I still have just the two games that came with my PS3 over a year ago!

Can't wait for Gears 3 either! Don't think they've anything new to add to it that'll make me want it more!

All in all I don't think there'll be many surprises! Still though, wish it was on NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm interested to see Nintendo's press conference the most really given that they're releasing a new console.
    Also interested to see what they have in store for the 3DS. I'm hoping for a Mario 3DS game.

Not sure what to expect from Microsoft really. A new Kinect model? Skype on Xbox? Not sure what else to expect bar maybe a few, "we're getting exclusive extra content" type announcements. And of course, Gears 3. :)

Sony's presser should be an interesting watch too given the recent outage of the PSN.
    Apart from that though, I'm hoping to see lots of NGP stuff and I hope against hope that they'll really push this as a solid contender to the 3DS.

I'd love an announcement on the following new games:

Timesplitters (Oh god yes please)
    GTA 5, though I'm not holding out much hope.
    Forza 4.
    Fable 4.

I can't wait to see Gears 3, Resistance 3 and I could take or leave the new COD.

Fable 4 i would like to see... Its like that friend who keeps letting you down but you keep leaving it slide because you wait in vain for the one day he/she might finally live up to the expectations that have been set. But they dont... But you keep hoping and smiling through the bitter tears.

sony must have one hell of an e3 lined up. just got a revised invitation to their conference and its FIVE HOURS long

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sony must have one hell of an e3 lined up. just got a revised invitation to their conference and its FIVE HOURS long

its just their president writing "We're sorry" with a Move controller for 5 hours :pac:

maybe theyre gonna read out all the credit card numbers they lost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

krudler wrote: »
    its just their president writing "We're sorry" with a Move controller for 5 hours :pac:

Gotta be careful not to make another mistake! Five hours of carefully planned/non hackable action!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Far Cry 3 announcement would be nice.

Whatever Sony plans on showing, it will be a five hour marathon of an event on Monday, June 6 as the two hour press conference is followed by a three hour "special event" according to invites sent out by Sony.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Sony’s E3 website goes live, hints at four unannounced games - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/sony-s-e3-website-goes-live-hints-at-four-unannounced-games#ixzz1NJp5NED0
    Special Event... Maybe they're going to copy Nintendo by letting journalists play PS3P for 3 hours afterward?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

krudler wrote: »
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they announced their next gen console plans. How long has it been since PS3 hit the market? 5 years? With hardware revisions here and there, but all the same. Its predecessor living about just as long. It's due time to announce the future console I figure. If not in this year's expo, then next year's.

Special Event... Maybe they're going to copy Nintendo by letting journalists play PS3P for 3 hours afterward?

jaysus, had i actually read the invitation id have noticed that

theyre explicitly saying over 21s only, so there'll be gargle anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Christ can't believe HL2 Episode 2 was 4 years ago, feels like it was much more recent.

:(

Overheal wrote: »
    Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if they announced their next gen console plans. How long has it been since PS3 hit the market? 5 years? With hardware revisions here and there, but all the same. Its predecessor living about just as long. It's due time to announce the future console I figure. If not in this year's expo, then next year's.

Can't see it.
    Can't see how they would try and justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jaysus, had i actually read the invitation id have noticed that

theyre explicitly saying over 21s only, so there'll be gargle anyway

Free beer for 5 hours !! :D

Last years show was almost 3 hours i think, they have a rumoured 20 games to announce plus NGP this year.

The one at Gamescom last summer was also around 5 hours long but the presentation part lasted just over an hour and a half or so, then you had time to play all the games and eat BBQ and drink beers.

I would expect something similar, I couldn't sit for 5 hours listening to a presentation no matter how much I love Sony.

last years was only 90 mins max as far as i can remember, dont think it was quite 2 hours anyway. at least it didnt feel like it if it was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ah it was 2 hours, for some reason i had 3 in my head !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I remember Sony had something about Coke in their press conference last year....

What was that all about?

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, some coke giveaway thing partnership.

Advertisement