Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The.rage

Unfortunately we don't give out discount codes, but those familiar with the shop should know that any purchase over 30 gets rounded down to the lower 5 and anybody who does spend €50 usually gets something thrown in for free and/or around a 10% discount at the time of purchase anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The.rage wrote: »
    Unfortunately we don't give out discount codes, but those familiar with the shop should know that any purchase over 30 gets rounded down to the lower 5 and anybody who does spend €50 usually gets something thrown in for free and/or around a 10% discount at the time of purchase anyway.

Yeah, I know you always round the price down. Still, I had to ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just want to echo what Steve SI said regarding if what we said sounded harsh - I think it's just that everyone loves the shop so much that if it were to change we'd all be very very sad :(. Some of us have waited many years for a decent spot in Dublin to buy old games for a good price.

Cheers for coming on and clarifying the prices and good luck with your continued efforts. They're definitely appreciated!

Also, the fact that your online here talking to us and answering questions will probably make more people on the forums here who haven't yet visited the shop go in and have a look around and maybe a chat.

Its good to see a business owner keeping in touch with his customers (and potential customers). Not many businesses around these days that do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up ISS Deluxe (SNES), Captain Skyhawk (NES) and Soccer (NES) in the RAGE over the weekend. Also picked up a boxed GB Pocket and a couple of games (cheers Steve!)

Also picked up Deathsmiles and Portal 2. Deathsmiles can wait as Portal 2 is incredible, finished it a 3am last night, going straight into co-op over the next couple of days!

Anyway all that plus an amazing barbeque made for a pretty good Easter weekend!

• Advertisement

Got a text from my Neighbour, looks like my drunk purchased Panasonic Q arrived today :D:(:D:(

Happy face as I now have a new still sealed in box Panasonic Q at home to open, sad face coz it cost more than my iPad 3G 64GB.

ghostchant wrote: »
    Also picked up a boxed GB Pocket and a couple of games (cheers Steve!)

Also picked up Deathsmiles and Portal 2. Deathsmiles can wait as Portal 2 is incredible, finished it a 3am last night, going straight into co-op over the next couple of days!

No prob, hope its working out ok for you. I'm gonna give portal 2 a go later tonight.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Got a text from my Neighbour, looks like my drunk purchased Panasonic Q arrived today :D:(:D:(

Happy face as I now have a new still sealed in box Panasonic Q at home to open, sad face coz it cost more than my iPad 3G 64GB.

HAHAHA :D

My drunk/impulse TEST PS2 arrived the other day. Can't beat those boozy expensive ebay purchases!

o1s1n wrote: »
    HAHAHA :D

My drunk/impulse TEST PS2 arrived the other day. Can't beat those boozy expensive ebay purchases!

I wish it was Ebay, could have contacted the seller and tried to back out of the deal. Got it from playasia, deducted from my credcard right away and shipped really fast, probably on a boat on its way over here before I'd sobered up the next day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

"Playasia - Guaranteed to ship before you sober up"

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I wish it was Ebay, could have contacted the seller and tried to back out of the deal. Got it from playasia, deducted from my credcard right away and shipped really fast, probably on a boat on its way over here before I'd sobered up the next day :D

And we live on an island. Imagine living in the UK or EU mainland where you have proper next day delivery. Things could arrive at your door the next day and you'd literally have no clue what it was.

/opens box

'ARGH! NOT ANOTHER FABERGÉ EGG!?!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I havnt actully gotten much recently, trying to save for a holiday in a few weeks, got a few MD games and another PS1 last week. PS1 is in bad nick but I'd say she works, any suggestions of what to do with it?

I was thinking about pimping the **** out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Metal Gear Solid 1 arrived for me today,near perfect condition.

Delighted! :D

But just remembered I need a PS1 memory card to save it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://www.adverts.ie/459681

€20 bargain

Now to find a supercard that works on it:D

Large box arrived for me yesterday at home. Neighbour sent me a text as he signed for it. I assumed it was my Panasonic Q and was looking forward to unboxing the bad boy.

Got home and it was just a replacement Rovio from the repair centre. Oh well, Panasonic Q cant be far away, can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My copy of Mushihimesama Futari v1.5 I back ordered from Play Asia about 752,439 weeks ago has finally been shipped.

I can now not start drooling in anticipation for this wonderful pup to plop on my doormat at a reasonable hour (but not too early, I like to sleep in on Saturday's).

This week shall be spent strength training by lifting anvils tied to my wrists in preparation for precision-essential bullet hell goodness!

:cool:

Master of the Universe

My Dreamcast SD adapter finally shipped. Fingers crossed the damn thing works!

What is this adpater you speak of? And where can I find a reasonably priced DC Arcade Stick?!

Reminds me, the DC VGA box I bought on eBay shipped yesterday from Hong Kong. Hope it hurries up, I've my VGA > HDMI cable here waiting already!

Which also reminds me, I need to bathe in retro SHMUP shopping quickly. I have Mars Matrix, but I want Last Hope: Pink Bullets!

edit: And not forgetting the SLG 3000 I've yet to order (I've not emerged from my Jap SHMUP-induced coma yet since I saw the video one of you posted on here the other day, hence why I've not ordered it yet).

Very interested to see how this goes. If it works as it seems to work it will be fantastic. How much was it again?
    Also, what site did you use to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Pyongyang wrote: »

Which also reminds me, I need to bathe in retro SHMUP shopping quickly. I have Mars Matrix, but I want Last Hope: Pink Bullets!

They can sometimes be a bit pricey and the site looks sh*t but I've used them a few times and they have been excellent http://www.videogameimports.com/ ,based in UK btw. Should have most DC shooters worth getting on there.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

What is this adpater you speak of? And where can I find a reasonably priced DC Arcade Stick?!

Reminds me, the DC VGA box I bought on eBay shipped yesterday from Hong Kong. Hope it hurries up, I've my VGA > HDMI cable here waiting already!

edit: And not forgetting the SLG 3000 I've yet to order (I've not emerged from my Jap SHMUP-induced coma yet since I saw the video one of you posted on here the other day, hence why I've not ordered it yet).

Are you sure your Dreamcast doesn't play...non retail games? Try ones that end in .cdi and try a program called discjuggler to burn them. I've ended up with many coasters trying to figure that out. But it works every time. I just stay away from games that don't end in .cdi.

The sd card adapter apparantly plays games. So you just put some of your legally aquired images (!) on an sd card, put that into an adapter, plug that into the back of the dreamcast and away you go. If it works it'll be amazing!

Very interested to see how this goes. If it works as it seems to work it will be fantastic. How much was it again?
    Also, what site did you use to buy it?

I bought it from a site called 'buy from Taobao'. Taobao being an incomprehensible chinese site.

It was something stupidly cheap like €9 to start off with. But I forgot they then have to forward it on to you. Which cost another €10. So in total around €20. Still super cheap if it works.

Master of the Universe

Oh and forgot to mention, are you going to use that with an LCD panel?

It's just that I more or less use my Dreamcast exclusively for shooters (even have a modded Dreamcast arcade stick with seimitsu buttons and stick, nyom!) via a VGA box and a rotated LCD panel. Did this for about a year.

The LCD panel had to go into the attic and I began using a giant CRT television instead. As a result I started doing much better at shooters. The refresh rate and lag of the LCD was effecting my ability. So if you are going down that route (and are somewhat competative about how you play), make sure to at least get a monitor with a good refresh rate.

Are you sure your Dreamcast doesn't play...non retail games?

It does, I tried a couple already but I actually want to buy and collect original Japanese SHMUP discs. I also want proper PAL (or NTSC) 60 output hence I've ordered a mod chip and found a lad on boards to install it for me.

The SLG 3000 I would use on an LCD, if my current LCD isn't up to scratch, I'll buy one that is. I'd love to go for authenticity and buy a CRT but I've no desire to buy or have the space for one. Is the lag that bad?

The SD adapter sounds good, keep us informed! :)

It's just that I more or less use my Dreamcast exclusively for shooters (even have a modded Dreamcast arcade stick with seimitsu buttons and stick, nyom!) via a VGA box and a rotated LCD panel. Did this for about a year.

I intend to use my Dreamcast for the exact same purpose, I'd love an arcade stick like that! Can't seem to find a sensibly priced stock one yet though.

Master of the Universe

It does, I tried a couple already but I actually want to buy and collect original Japanese SHMUP discs. I also want proper PAL (or NTSC) 60 output hence I've ordered a mod chip and found a lad on boards to install it for me.

When it comes to the Dreamcast, 50/60hz is controlled by software, not the console. Sega were really good with including a 60hz option with a lot of games. Including PAL ones. So you can just select 60hz when the game boots. No console modding will have any influence on that at all.

The only mod you can really do on the Dreamcast is an import switch. How this works is you switch the console to the region you want, put a boot disc in, this flashes some RAM with the correct region and then you put in a game. I have it done myself but to be honest, have never used it once as all burned games have worked whatever the region.
    The SLG 3000 I would use on an LCD, if my current LCD isn't up to scratch, I'll buy one that is. I'd love to go for authenticity and buy a CRT but I've no desire to buy or have the space for one. Is the lag that bad?

The SD adapter sounds good, keep us informed! :)

The lag was bad on my LCD, but it was cheap enough. And I only noticed when I started playing on a CRT. It really was a case of not knowing until I experienced the better monitor. Still, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you had a good LCD.
    I intend to use my Dreamcast for the exact same purpose, I'd love an arcade stick like that! Can't seem to find a sensibly priced stock one yet though.

I bought my one from a lad on boards. I don't think it was cheap, came to about €60 or €70. Totally worth it though, seeing as an unmodded Dreamcast stick will cost you at least €40 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Finally took some photos if anyones interested
    Heres what I got (i know the gba looks pretty scratched)

5662493238_7899f15bf1.jpg

5661925877_7c0306799a.jpg

5662492144_e6b627604f.jpg

What I am waiting on in the post over the next few days and weeks is

Zelda DX (cant wait for this one!)
    Zelda Minish Cap (cant wait either!)
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Wario Land 4
    Super Mario Kart
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
    Tetris for the GBA

Also will be getting all Metroid gb and gba games soon!
    This lot should keep me tickin over for a while while i save for a 3DS haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I got one a while ago. Not at all impressed. The compatibility is low and it takes an age to dump discs. Even when a game is compatible it's not guaranteed to run 100%, there's still slowdown and audio skippery. Not entirely sure if it's SD card related or if it's just low compatibility in general within Dreamshell.

Master of the Universe

The port it's going through can only do 5mb max. Therefore for games with lots of audio and video it's going to choke. The games I'm interested in playing are Shumps, so fingers crossed they'll work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Admittedly I didn't try a hell of a lot after the initial disappointment and haven't tried since but, the only shmup I tried was Ikaruga and it didn't boot. :(

Best of luck with the rest, anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

My friend who received my copy of pokemon green posted this on her facebook :D

217123_10150175614732173_724117172_6647687_6616218_n.jpg

Collecting it sometime in May :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement