Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

First picture is my first trout (parr) on the fly

Looks more like a Salmon parr to me.
    Have you a better pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

I find it hard to change back to the spinning rod because it's just... boring? I mean hooking a fish isn't the same as on the fly rod. It just doesn't give you a sense of satisfaction when you land a fish unlike the fly rod. Not to mention the fact that I'm very easily amused by watching my fly float down the river :D:rolleyes:

Oh I agree with you completely the way a fish takes on the fly is so much better, but there are days like today where flyfishing is impossible & thats why its always handy to have the spinning rod in your bag so you can at least have a cast.

this is my first salmon which I caught spinning, no even worse worming!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Bizzum wrote: »
    Looks more like a Salmon parr to me.
    Have you a better pic?
    No but never heard of salmon in this river (River Suck) but then again I've never even caught a salmon so if I catch another like it, I'll try get another pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

No but never heard of salmon in this river (River Suck) but then again I've never even caught a salmon so if I catch another like it, I'll try get another pic.
    THE ESB have been puting salmon fry into lots of small rivers on the shannon in recent yrs so who knows, bad form to be honest no regard made for the trout!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Some brownies from a trip to the dodder the other day.

Sorry dont know how to do the whole imbedded picture thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

thehamo wrote: »
    Sorry dont know how to do the whole imbedded picture thing
    Just found out myself... I go to wthax.org and upload the picture there and then copy and paste the link in. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Heres the pics
    171vb.jpg

172ne.jpg

173ja.jpg

Your welcome :)

lol, cheers Troutfisher....

Now, if you could just sort out my bank balance..............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

The last fish has no head :D its fine only took a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

There used be salmon in the suck have seen them caught long time ago 20 years ago.
    Caught salmon parrs years ago in small tributary of the suck i thought were 3 ounce small trout but my father said they were young salmon.
    The suck is a tributary of the biggest river in ireland so bound to be some salmon in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ballyhass Lakes

One of the irish youths caught a beauty at the lakes during the week. If only everybody returned them as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMHhFQxoWQ&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Wow that water is really clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ballyhass Lakes

Yea its stunning water. But that means the fish can see you a mile off as well so dark clothes and fluoro carbon lines are a must here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

One of the irish youths caught a beauty at the lakes during the week. If only everybody returned them as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMHhFQxoWQ&feature=related

If that's a good return technique I would hate to see a bad one. No need to handle the fish at all and taking a fish into the boat that's to go back is a big no no.

Lads I have a htc android phone thingy can anyone tell me how do I post pictures i have taken with my phone on m.boards.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

TimMac wrote: »
    Lads I have a htc android phone thingy can anyone tell me how do I post pictures i have taken with my phone on m.boards.ie ?

Wouldnt mind seeing your fish Tim. Id say post in the help desk Someones bound to know over there. :)

sound thanks seafields will do, hate bowing to the little brothers superior knowledge of all things nerdalicous but i think it would be easier just to bribe him into showing me

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jjm

I live in the US (originally from Clare) and here is some trout from around the world, all of which I have caught in 2011.

Brown Trout - caught in Patagonia Chile ~22" (dry-fly - Fat Albert)

Brown Trout - caught in Patagonia ~27" (dry-fly - Gypsy King)

"German" Brown trout caught in a lake in Co Clare ~6", prettiest trout I caught this year (wet fly - march brown)

Lahontan Cutthroat - caught in Pyrmaid Lake Nevada, ~26" (streamer, wooly bugger)

Rainbow - Caught in Little Truckee River, California ~12" (baetis nymph)

All released except Lahontan.

I remember seeing a fishing program qbout trout in patagonia. Beasts, and agressive as hell! Would give my left arm to get over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kelko1916

jjm wrote: »
    I live in the US (originally from Clare) and here is some trout from around the world, all of which I have caught in 2011.

Brown Trout - caught in Patagonia Chile ~22" (dry-fly - Fat Albert)

Brown Trout - caught in Patagonia ~27" (dry-fly - Gypsy King)

"German" Brown trout caught in a lake in Co Clare ~6", prettiest trout I caught this year (wet fly - march brown)

Lahontan Cutthroat - caught in Pyrmaid Lake Nevada, ~26" (streamer, wooly bugger)

Rainbow - Caught in Little Truckee River, California ~12" (baetis nymph)

All released except Lahontan.

nice fish fella , you certainly get around .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jjm

I remember seeing a fishing program qbout trout in patagonia. Beasts, and agressive as hell! Would give my left arm to get over

Would highly recommend it. Went for my birthday and it wasn't cheap, flights guides etc - was saving for while for the trip but worth every penny. Fishing was unbelievable. Water was crystal clear, it was some buzz, watching these huge trout come really lazily for your fly, more or less in slow-motion. And then BANG when you strike them, all hell breaks loose .... some craic :)

The most "infamous" fly down there is of a mouse. The trout sit by the bank and eat field mice when they fall from the bank. My mate has a great pic of a big trout with a mouse-fly buried in its jaw. Must see if I can dig it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

jjm those first 2 are crackers. Why do you call the Clare trout "German"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Caught this lad in Fuengirola on the fly, only about 8 oz but a cracking little fighter for his size. The locals thought i was a looper but i was getting loads of bites from tiny litle sardine things on a breadfly and when i switched to a black Flex bloodworm this guy hit it. The locals call it Dorada, I'm not sure what it is
    15ydc8z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Daroxtar wrote: »
    The locals call it Dorada, I'm not sure what it is

Thats a bream not sure exactly which type i think the spanish call all breams Dorada, theyre a great fighting fish, I caught loads of yellow fin bream in Australia and have caught a few gilt head in Ireland and they all fought brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

My first ever bass after days of seeing them and not catching a thing.I cought this stunning 6 lber

photo.jpg

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze thats a beaut. was that from a boat or the shore? man im jealous right now

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze thats a beaut. was that from a boat or the shore? man im jealous right now
    I know.I still cant get over it.My first bass been a monster!From the shore.We were down there with the last three days,watched them come in past us and miss them,but we were ready today.I lost another and the other lad turned 2 more.

im on a role I caught his 3lb brother this evening
    photo1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

damagegt wrote: »
    My first ever bass after days of seeing them and not catching a thing.I cought this stunning 6 lber

Fair play lad, doing well my first this year was few onces maybe, second was 2.4lbs chuffed with that i was, were you spinning for it? :)

Advertisement