Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Beautiful fish Seafields well done man.
    Where did you catch it?
    would that be a specimen size?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

TimMac wrote: »
    Beautiful fish Seafields well done man.
    Where did you catch it?
    would that be a specimen size?

He was caught in Kerry. I'm off for the day so said I'd hit the rocks for an hour while herself is working. No specimen size is 12lbs I think. There isn't a distinction on specimen sizes between boat caught and shore caught fish in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Shame thats a monster from the rocks.

SeaFields wrote: »
    He was caught in Kerry. I'm off for the day so said I'd hit the rocks for an hour while herself is working. No specimen size is 12lbs I think. There isn't a distinction on specimen sizes between boat caught and shore caught fish in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

coolwings would not agree with you as he told me a long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

aidanf wrote: »
    bream.png

Caught this little fellow on the fly at the weekend. What is it? I've haven't seen most coarse fish in the flesh. It has a lovely golden brown colour which doesn't really show up in the photo. Initially I thought it was a small bream, but from looking at some pics on the web it might be a rudd?
    Yes aidan its a rudd, there often misconcepted as roach but they take lots of flys. Quite funny to catch on the fly really.

Its a roach-bream hybrid. very common coarse fish. Rudd can be bright or dark yellow depending on the water colour, but they always have bright red fins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

heres a couple caught over the years ill post more up ;)4599255597a5350697565l[1].jpg nice 30+lb tope

4599255597a5374793010l[1].jpg 12lb pollock

img002.jpg smooth hound dont know the weight

img003.jpg pair of flounder

img004.jpg small conger

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

some more plus my first tope from the shore;)img007.jpg small cod

img055.jpg my uncle tony with a nice 35lb tope .we caught 2 from the shore that eve

img056.jpg my tope 40 lb +

img057.jpg my beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dewy09

photo.php?fbid=1778675186613&set=a.1613427335520.86512.1231388171

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

DSC00169.JPG

Can anyone tell me what this little fellow is? I caught him from a sandy beach beach today on a piece of mackerel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Sea Trout?
    Not too sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

pretty sure its a seatrout

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TrimTOODLE

142017 Doggie -plenty more like this
    142020 Small pike
    142021Flounder (caught on sandeel)142022 Flounder (caught on lugworm)
    142023 Gurnard (mackerel strip)

nice little seatrout.. i know this is a biit off topic and im new here, i have a few pics to post up,, can u tell me how u got ur image to appear in ur post? all i can do is post links or attatchments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

TrimTOODLE wrote: »
    nice little seatrout.. i know this is a biit off topic and im new here, i have a few pics to post up,, can u tell me how u got ur image to appear in ur post? all i can do is post links or attatchments!
    1. Upload the image to a image hosting site like www.photobucket.com.

2. Copy the image address/URL.

3. Click the little button on the edit post screen that says "insert image" (its the one that looks like it has a little mountain on it!)
    4. Paste the link into the box that comes up.

5. There ye go!

thanks mate ! but iv tried it and its not working... just blank!! any ides why?

thanks mate ! but iv tried it and its not working... just blank!! any ides why?

Each one should look something like this:

[IMG][/img]http://www.photobucket.com/ddjfbabsdljfb

I just put a random url in there to show you, you should put your image url in between the [IMG][/img] and .

It has to be the full link aswell.

Thankyou for all your help, i have tried EXACTLY that and it just WILL NOT WORK :( the an icon comes up like a (torn image)

vbulletinDSC00268.jpg

vbulletinDSC00268.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

What on earth is that..?

Just put this:
    in between this:
    [IMG][/img]
    and this:
    so it looks like this: (without the bold)

• Advertisement

DSC00265.jpg
    Red Gurnard!
    Thankyou Rycn !!!!!!

Pike - Pike.jpg
    Flounder - DSC00158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DSC00265.jpg
    Red Gurnard!
    Thankyou Rycn !!!!!!

Haven't fished in years, went out on the 29th for the first time in ages with 20 mates.
    Biggest catch of the day was my Red Gurnard (also my biggest ever) at either 540mm (no scales handy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Red Gurnard speciman weight is 2lb.
    Hard to tell from a photo but that fellow looks every bit of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A few recent ones

Dog
    photo1bv.jpg

Small Pollock
    photo2xe.jpg

Bigger Pollock
    photo3lk.jpg

This crab was pretty big
    photo5jy.jpg

gremlin :D about the same size as my hook...
    photo6d.jpg

I have no idea how this little guy got on my hook but he did. Guess he just got hooked when I reeled in.
    photo4ml.jpg

DSC00265.jpg
    Red Gurnard!
    Thankyou Rycn !!!!!!

Seen a Red Gurnard today 430mm, 1.1kg, and over speciman weight, Pity you hadn't a certified scales, this lad of yours is way bigger, and a reminder to others to get their scales certified! You never know whats out there!

noob, question, what do you mean by specimen weight, (fishing out side of trout in a stream is new to me)
    what sort of length would a record gurnard be? just asking because the one I mentioned recently, few posts back

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

Mellor wrote: »
    noob, question, what do you mean by specimen weight, (fishing out side of trout in a stream is new to me)
    what sort of length would a record gurnard be? just asking because the one I mentioned recently, few posts back

"The Irish Specimen Fish Committee's main aim is to verify and publicise the capture of specimen (i.e. trophy) fish caught on rod and line by anglers in Ireland, both in freshwater and at sea. The Committee also ratifies Irish record rod caught fish."

http://www.irish-trophy-fish.com/, also see the specimen sizes sticky in this forum.

+1 to the above.
    If you want a hard copy of the latest speciman fish report you could ring IFI Swords on 018379206, they will post you out one. If you are near Swords you could call by and pick up a copy either. It's a very good read for any angler, and very well put together.

• Advertisement

Thanks, had seen that shart before, and wanted to check as I thought the weights were a bit small to be records
    Bizzum wrote: »
    Seen a Red Gurnard today 430mm, 1.1kg, and over speciman weight,
    this bit confused me too, the link says Reg Gurnard is 3lbs 9.5oz, which is 1.63kg, not sure what 1.1kg is refering to above.

It just peaked my interest because the one I caugth was 540mm and defo over 1.63kg, had no idea that it would of been record size in ireland

Advertisement