Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Lovely fish, if i could only catch myself a nice browntrout like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Rycn wrote: »
    Lovely fish, if i could only catch myself a nice browntrout like that.

Stick with it and learn as much as you can from books, forums and practice and the better fish will come.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

That Leven brownie has a great condition.

Are those fins you're wearing in your tube Mares Avantis?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

coolwings wrote: »
    That Leven brownie has a great condition.

Are those fins you're wearing in your tube Mares Avantis?.

No just some cheapos from Lidl a few years ago which do the job just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Chuileog wrote: »
    Few brownies from last 2 outings

Loch Leven Brown on a bibio sedgehog

DSC02488_edited.jpg

Two from a float tubing session both on a claret dhs.

DSC02480_edited.jpg

DSC02485_edited.jpg

Some really nice fish there Chuileog I really like the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mikesound

DSCF7654.JPGxwD175bkrxeNDNEwRJd1OgZqYKiAJ3zg3o-NYUKQg5s?feat=directlinkCaught on ledgered dead bait. First cast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

9lb salmon
    DSCF0638.jpg

32lb conger (returned safely )

DSCF0440.jpg

bringing him in

DSCF0426.jpg

12lb
    DSCF0418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

popsy09 wrote: »
    9lb salmon
    DSCF0638.jpg

32lb conger (returned safely )

DSCF0440.jpg

bringing him in

DSCF0426.jpg

12lb
    DSCF0418.jpg
    some clonkers there man....... well done!!!!!

^^ thanks :D have a picture of a 13 lb 9oz salmon too just need to find my camera ill upload it later

• Advertisement

DSCF0646.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Hey Popsy09,
    Super looking Salmon. Has the cut of a late season hen from the pic? Is it a recent photo?

^^ fish were got last month when the water was low between 3 of us we had over 50 fish majority were stale they were the only two i killed as one was the biggest and the 9lb wouldnt go back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Thats a nice salmon what was it on

Should this fish not be tagged?

^^ ya the fish was tagged i killed it so i tagged it im not going to leave the tags in there for pics or when im freezing it

anything else bad to say ??

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

popsy09 wrote: »
    ^^ fish were got last month when the water was low between 3 of us we had over 50 fish majority were stale they were the only two i killed as one was the biggest and the 9lb wouldnt go back :)

Am I reading this right - you got over 50 salmon between 3 people in a single session? Or was over a few sessions in the last month?

IF ever I was going to kill a Salmon.
    a) It would be fresh.
    b) It would be visibly tagged in accordance with the regulations.

The last thing I would post on a public forum would be a coloured untagged fish.

If that make me bad, so be it.

Bizzum wrote: »
    IF ever I was going to kill a Salmon.
    a) It would be fresh.
    b) It would be visibly tagged in accordance with the regulations.

The last thing I would post on a public forum would be a coloured untagged fish.

If that make me bad, so be it.

that fish was as fresh as they come it was just in on the tide had lice on it your judging it by the picture in the kitchen with the light

i know what a coloured fish is and believe me i wouldnt kill one i normally dont kill any fish as i dont eat them

and i told you already i tagged the fish its in my logbook i dont have to explain myself to you but as already stated it was taken out for the pics i dont have to keep the tag in when i bring it home do i ??

aidanf wrote: »
    Am I reading this right - you got over 50 salmon between 3 people in a single session? Or was over a few sessions in the last month?

no over about 4-5 weeks the water was low so they were coming in on the tide and could not get up the wier :cool:

• Advertisement

bream.png

Caught this little fellow on the fly at the weekend. What is it? I've haven't seen most coarse fish in the flesh. It has a lovely golden brown colour which doesn't really show up in the photo. Initially I thought it was a small bream, but from looking at some pics on the web it might be a rudd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Yes aidan its a rudd, there often misconcepted as roach but they take lots of flys. Quite funny to catch on the fly really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Quite funny to catch on the fly really.

They usually take the fly at the last second around the margins just before you cast and end up airborne :D

SeaFields wrote: »
    They usually take the fly at the last second around the margins just before you cast and end up airborne :D

I've had that happen a couple of times with perch this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Dropped into the maynooth fishery today and got 4 lovely ones all roughly the same size as this one. I didn't have a scales but it was almost 18inches (My boot is a size 10 :) ) so i'm giving it as a good 2 lb.
    2upepac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Dropped into the maynooth fishery today and got 4 lovely ones all roughly the same size as this one. ]

thats a very nice rainbow.....some of the rainbow fisheries are a bit expensive, so how much does it cost to fish maynooth?

€20 for a full day, €15 for half and €10 for 1-3 hours. All catch and release. I dropped in at 4 o clock , paid €10 and netted my first fish at quarter past after 2 missed strikes :)

They had been cleaning some weeds and the fish were feeding after it. That fish put up a bloody good fight too. I find that some stocked fish are very lazy but he went tearing off and did not want to come to the net at all. He was the best of the 4 i got. One was a bit smaller, about a pound and a half, the other 2 were close to his size, give or take 2 pound. I'm sure he was well over 2.

Got them on a buzzer i made by clipping all the hackle off a golden olive bumble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dody

My last few trout of 2010. Caught this evening after work. River Dereen ,Carlow.
    They were caught on a klinkhamer. All safely returned.:)
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Had the morning off so went back out to maynooth again for 2 hours. I'll have to stay away from that place or all my pocket money will be gone and mrs D wont be a happy woman :D. Got 3, none very big but all about 1-1 1/2 lb. 2 on a buzzer and one on a perch fry imitation. Sorry for the blurry pic but i dropped the phone in the wet grass

2q9hxyp.jpg
    mwejhd.jpg
    28hfksn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Personal best, taken on my 11ft spinning rod, a 1oz lead, 12lb line and a running ledger rig to a jelly worm on a rock hopping session

He was just shy of 7lb caught this morning on literally my first cast :)

Advertisement