Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Nice one jack well done lad.

was it nearly high tide?

what sort of fly & line did you get them on?

Am going to do a bit myself now as soon as the salmon season closes

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

It was a rising tide, fishing over about 2-3m of water. Was using a sinking line and counting it down for a few seconds to let it get deep. Was using a fairly simple blue and white fly with some red gills. It was a general baitfish pattern.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9daq-4G-B5XiTuiXKj8vmh9kuOolLjMYVpc1XWpdbggZIMjkr7Q

Kind of like this one but a slimmer profile and the eyes had fallen off.

very good well done looks like good sport

that fly is a bit like a zonker boobie, did you tie it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Does anyone else find it rediculous that you'd quite happily sit and watch a silhouette flicking a rod back and forth for 10 minutes, not even a bit of sound? Great vid though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

TimMac wrote: »
    that fly is a bit like a zonker boobie, did you tie it yourself?

Ye I tied them up my self they are not as neat and tidy as the one in the picture thats from google images.
    thehamo wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it rediculous that you'd quite happily sit and watch a silhouette flicking a rod back and forth for 10 minutes, not even a bit of sound? Great vid though!

Its a bit mad allright.;)

IMAG0303.jpg

8lb cock fresh fish caught at lunch time on a size 5 copper mepps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

TimMac wrote: »
    IMAG0303.jpg

8lb cock fresh fish caught at lunch time on a size 5 copper mepps :D
    beaut!!!! spent the day fly fishing on cloghan got nothing but wet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

elius wrote: »
    Caught this in Boat Strand Best sized Pollock iv'e caught to date
    5xk3r6.jpg

NICE POLLOCK

thehamo wrote: »
    I remember seeing a fishing program qbout trout in patagonia. Beasts, and agressive as hell! Would give my left arm to get over

how would you fish for them if you give your left arm :D

• Advertisement

bayliner wrote: »
    i wouldve thought it was a bream or hybrid??? not a coarse fisherman, but the roach should have orange colour fins and tail?? and more silver in colour??... nice fish anyway

i would say its a bream

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

beaut!!!! spent the day fly fishing on cloghan got nothing but wet:D

How are you finding cloghan lately? Was there last week and it is the worst I have seen. 2 of us had 1 fish in 4 hrs, 2 other tugs but nothing else. Heard that some feckers were using jellied worms, hence the sign at the gate now, and that they had cleaned the place out?

Lough Aisling for me for the rest of the year I think!!!

Very nice fish though Tim, keep it up!!

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    How are you finding cloghan lately? Was there last week and it is the worst I have seen. 2 of us had 1 fish in 4 hrs, 2 other tugs but nothing else. Heard that some feckers were using jellied worms, hence the sign at the gate now, and that they had cleaned the place out?

Lough Aisling for me for the rest of the year I think!!!

Very nice fish though Tim, keep it up!!
    its not been great the few times i was there, the best day i had 3 fish one at 2lb the others just over a lb.... it was deepened last winter so the clarity of the water isnt as good now, but its getting better,not sure if that would matter much anyway i'm no expert at flyfishing and that 2lber was/is my best there to date,
    didnt hear about the jellied worms:eek:, but there was an incident where some dudes arrived spinning!! guards were called i heard:) that was last year though,

have fished cloghan maybe 4 times this yr, last week was the 1st blank,

its not been great the few times i was there, the best day i had 3 fish one at 2lb the others just over a lb.... it was deepened last winter so the clarity of the water isnt as good now, but its getting better,not sure if that would matter much anyway i'm no expert at flyfishing and that 2lber was/is my best there to date,
    didnt hear about the jellied worms:eek:, but there was an incident where some dudes arrived spinning!! guards were called i heard:) that was last year though,

have fished cloghan maybe 4 times this yr, last week was the 1st blank,

I think deepening it has also had a bad effect. That was my 3rd visit this year and 1st blank with only 3 fish from the previous 2 visits. Far cry from the 24 in 5 hours and 15 in another 5 hour session from last year. :(

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    I think deepening it has also had a bad effect. That was my 3rd visit this year and 1st blank with only 3 fish from the previous 2 visits. Far cry from the 24 in 5 hours and 15 in another 5 hour session from last year. :(

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT! and so do others i've spoken to! last time i was there during midday i got 2 but none of any size, one guy was there got 8 or 10 in few hrs, think he was using a big floating fly with 3 buzzers underneath on a very long leader he just chucked it out and sat watching the dry fly(like a float:)) ! i never tried it myself.... he told one of our guys they were down deep,

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Fishing down in Lough Currane last weekend, only got out on Friday because of the wind, loads of rises only landed two juniors:

currane2011003.jpg

Fished the Inny on Saturday and got my first salmon:

inny2011.jpg

okedoke wrote: »
    Fishing down in Lough Currane last weekend, only got out on Friday because of the wind, loads of rises only landed two juniors:

currane2011003.jpg

Fished the Inny on Saturday and got my first salmon:

inny2011.jpg
    nice one! would there be many6salmon caught on the inny? i didnt think they were getting up at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

nice one! would there be many6salmon caught on the inny? i didnt think they were getting up at all!!!

It was full of them last week - couple of salmon breaking the surface in every pool

My biggest wild brown trout to date, on the inny. I had no scales but I put it at about 3lb 11oz, what do u think? :);)

innytrout.jpg

mmmmm i reckon you could be fairly close with that guesstimate:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Well guys, have'nt posted in the photo section in ages!
    Anyways living in Perth now and have got into the local fishing fairly ok! Heres a few pics from are last 2hr session,

flt.jpg
    This is a Flathead, quite good to eat and has 2 poision spikes behide each gill cover.

fish.jpg
    Skipjack trevally or a "skippy". These fish are serious when hooked! I bought a Okuma 8ft alround rod and on the first day snapped it with one of these lads on!

sting.jpg
    Small sting ray, you can see at the end of the tail before fins out were his barb is. Iv caught another stingray which was nearly a meter wide and took near an hour to land, very hard fish to get the better of when hooked and they take some line of your reel!

Should have a few more pics when we head out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

Had a bit of look float fishing yesterday from the shore in the bad weather, not huge but great for the mark I fished! future fish would be catch and release

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Had a bit of look float fishing yesterday from the shore in the bad weather, not huge but great for the mark I fished! future fish would be catch and release

Attachment not found.

Lovely fish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

both caught today on a laden of sweden frog lure.

first one was my personal best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shamrock Baits Fishing Hunting

Salmon caught on my local river, weight 14lbs:)
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Stunning catch Paul, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Salmon caught on my local river, weight 14lbs:)
    Paul

Nice fish! heard the rivers are doing well around Dundalk this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shamrock Baits Fishing Hunting

Yes we had a very good season with plenty of salmon landed and good to see alot of anglers returning there fish,i returned 4 salmon have to do my bit to keep river open next season :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

caught these 2 river trouts few weeks ago after a flood.

Advertisement