Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I tried to move the posts and ended up with one big long feck off post that was becoming a new thread in itself, then I almost deleted this thread and finally all of boards, which was when I gave up with the task... I'll go back to chapter 93 in the mods handbook where from what I can remember they cover administrative tasks such as this.

haha, what a pro!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

More information based on the Dalai Lama's connection's with fascism:

http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/2008/2008_10-19/2008_10-19/2008-18/pdf/69-71_3518.pdf

And the reply that you quoted suggesting we shouldn't swim in murky waters:

Is such utter toss. Basically your man is saying if you read something that paints Tibet in a bad light, its your fault for reading it. Essentially it is saying that critical discourse is not only not to be encouraged but to be actively condemned as something that could taint its participants and its readers. What a crock…

Do you believe that Tibet should be handed back to a dictator? Do Tibetans not have the right to self determination? Do you believe that homophobia should be encouraged under the Dalai Lama's rule?

Actually, can this be moved to the off topic section - not trying to clog the non unz unz unz section.

Sorry, won't be spending another minute reading any of them links your posting. Its other bull.
    it's funny how people that no feck all about buddhism always relate it to Tibetan and Zen? Whats your own view on buddhism as whole? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Sorry, won't be spending another minute reading any of them links your posting. Its other bull.
    it's funny how people that no feck all about buddhism always relate it to Tibetan and Zen? Whats your own view? without running off to google!

How do you know it's utter bull if you're not going to read it? In fairness I did direct it towards the Dalai Lama more out of the fact that it's a hot topic at the moment and to a lot of people he'd be a public face of Buddhism and I do know there are other different forms of Buddhism, much like there are different forms of Christianity. I know it's about trying to achieve personal spiritual enlightenment. Not running off to google either because I couldn't be bothered. I know that probably sounds insulting but I'm not trying to be. I've no real time for religion or spiritual education new age or old. I believe that everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want but society is served best by a secularist democracy completely seperated from religion.

I find the notion of the celebrity endorsement of the Free Tibet movement ill informed and totally at odds with the system of government that said celebreties would choose to live in themselves.

So in short Buddhism means nothing to me and never will so I'll have to confess total ignorance. The original posts was a bit of pisstake, you replied back about the Dalai Lama and I replied back about the Dalai Lama. I was not really trying to put your nose out of joint but I probably have so apologies on that front

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Played my first all vinyl set tonight. Vinyl is fucking hard to mix. Think I made about 4 good mixes in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭francois

Played my first all vinyl set tonight. Vinyl is fucking hard to mix. Think I made about 4 good mixes in an hour.

Fair play! just keep practising, though it is harder out in a club, you really need an excellent monitor to help

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah don't know why you bother, digital is the way forward :P

but think about it.....for the time you weren't mixing, it sounded better. So on average, it sounded better.

jtsuited wrote: »
    but think about it.....for the time you weren't mixing, it sounded better. So on average, it sounded better.

C'mon Jeff, everyone knows MP3s are better than vinyl. I don't know why you bother with this debate at all...

Frankie, was the cardigan a forfeit from a bet you lost?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Isochronic tones - Schumann Resonanace 7.83 HZ

What is the Schumann Resonance?
    The Schumann Resonances are quasi-standing electromagnetic waves that exist in the Earth's 'electromagnetic' cavity (the space between the surface of the Earth and the Ionosphere). Like waves on a string, they are not present all the time, but have to be 'excited' to be observed. They are not caused by anything internal to the Earth, its crust or its core. They seem to be related to electrical activity in the atmosphere, particularly during times of intense lightning activity. They occur at several frequencies, specifically 7.8 (strongest), 14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 (weakest) Hertz, with a daily variation of about ± 0.5 Hertz. So long as the properties of Earth's electromagnetic cavity remains about the same, these frequencies remain the same. Presumably there is some change due to the solar sunspot cycle as the Earth's ionosphere changes in response to the 11-year cycle of solar activity. The resonant properties of this terrestrial cavity were first predicted by the German physicist W. O. Schumann between 1952 and 1957, and first detected in 1954.

Depending on your point of view, living beings either evolved in this natural electromagnetic environment or were created with Divine Intelligence to live in harmony with it. One thing is certain: Since life began, the Earth has been surrounding all living things with this natural frequency pulsation. Many experts believe that the wide spectrum of artificial man-made EMF radiation masks the natural beneficial frequency of the Earth. Electropollution may cause us to feel more stressed, fatigued and "out of balance." Laboratory research has shown that exposing living cells to the Schumann Resonance had the effect of "protecting" them from ambient EMFs, allowing the cells to increase their immune protection, and decrease the absorption of depression-inducing chemicals. Some researchers believe that by producing a 7.83 Hz pulse with a field generator (Schumann device), we can counter the effects of the irritating man-made fields. By replicating the Earth's natural rhythm, we may be providing ourselves (at least in our immediate vicinity) with a more healthy environment.

We have listed below several products that are field generators of the 7.83 Hz frequency, the pulsing rhythm of the Earth itself!
    http://www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

Haha, I feel like a total dick. Seems the Dalai Lama didn't want a Theocratic dictatorship either...

http://www.freetibet.org/newsmedia/dalai-lamas-10-march-statement

Must research better in the future before getting on my medium sized horse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

jtsuited wrote: »

Makes sense, a perfectly reasonable cop out for dodgy mixes!
    Frankie, was the cardigan a forfeit from a bet you lost?

I never lose bets.

Were you there? :confused:

Were you there? :confused:

I thought that might confuse you. Nah, I opened the ustream link you posted somewhere for a couple of minutes before I tottered off to bed on Friday night. There seemed to be some technical issues when I clicked on but the tunes were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Haha, I feel like a total dick. Seems the Dalai Lama didn't want a Theocratic dictatorship either...

http://www.freetibet.org/newsmedia/dalai-lamas-10-march-statement

Must research better in the future before getting on my medium sized horse...

Came across this repeat on Newstalk last night on my way home from work. it's Brendan O'Neill - a journalist who is the Dalai Lama biggest critic and strangely enough he brings up some very interesting points but when you listen to someone who does not understand Buddhist beliefs is very easy to criticize i feel. short debate but worth a listen.
    thought you might be interested :)

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/229/sunday/1/popup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

How to evade the police

Ever wondered what would happen if you tickled a penguin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

ah, rational, passive, forward-thinking Swedish folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ah, rational, passive, forward-thinking Swedish folk!
    for some strange reason I found this statement to be strangely arousing or maybe my mind wandered and I started thinking of Nina Persson. I'm ok again now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

old gregg wrote: »
    for some strange reason I found this statement to be strangely arousing or maybe my mind wandered and I started thinking of Nina Persson. I'm ok again now. :p
    Now i've got that tune with tom jones stuck in my head.

HOLD TIGHT
    Wait till the party's over
    Hold tight
    We're in for nasty weather
    There has got to be a way
    Burning down the house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

ianuss wrote: »
    Proper football fans
    Sorry couldn't resist, my favorite Shelbourne display away to Dundalk.
    86151652gb6.jpg

Also an honorable mention to the 50 Hamilton fans who turned up at Hibs to see them get their third win of the season with thanks to an ex Shels player James Chambers.

I'd defo agree that anyone who goes to watch any LOI football is a true fan - sadly, I'm too much of a purist to go and watch that. The standard is just too poor.

• Advertisement

Sadly it will never get any better because it doesn't get the support. I don't go for the standard of football, I go because I love my club you cant beat the passion. I seen a league title and promotion been taken from us with the last kick of the last game of the season against Limerick and Ive also witnessed us draw with Deportivo La Coruna in the 3rd qualifying round of the champions league, a game we should have won.

I'm not expecting people to start turning up in their droves, but everything has to be done to encourage a few more punters through the gates and to be honest I couldn't care who they supported (now Sporting Franchise are gone). Maybe one day Mr.Delany and the FAI could show the same passion thousands of people like me have for our league. I for one hopes he shows up in waterford on thursday so we can wip out this.
    16633319021829434045310.jpg
    He banned us from singing a song about him, so a banner and song was required. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Sorry, what?
    How can he ban a group of supporters from singing whatever the feck they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

milltown wrote: »
    Sorry, what?
    Fine the club every time they sing it?

milltown wrote: »
    Sorry, what?
    (Sang like the Torres Song)

John Delaney your a ****in kunt,
    John Delaney your a ****in kunt,
    You hate the reds, you sent us down
    You take it up the fu*king brown
    JOHN DELANEY your a ****in kunt

Replaced by this:

John Delaney you're a lovely bloke
    You run the league, you run it well
    John we think you're really swell

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Out of interest, what did Delaney do to send ye down?

Clanket wrote: »
    Out of interest, what did Delaney do to send ye down?

He hypnotized them into playing bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Anyone hear anything about the 'prominent sports journalist in a relationship with a 14 year old girl' story? (not naming names, it's an Irish broadsheet journo)

joker77 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about the 'prominent sports journalist in a relationship with a 14 year old girl' story?

Read the first report from the Indo a week or two ago - was very obvious who it was back then. One of the tabloids named him at the weekend - not only a journalist but a mentor and coach to a underage camoige team - the ramifications from this are going to be fücking huge…

It's pretty messed up.

The moral of the story is, don't trust journalists who openly detest rugby on a monthly basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Advertisement