Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are not a f*cking DJ. You’re an overpaid, untalented, cake-throwing c*nt.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Clanket wrote: »

to be fair...........the only people to have explicitly named him have been tabloids (And the worst kind of tabloids at that), so officially he hasn't really been named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Not oficially named until a "proper" newspaper names him?

pretty much tbh. although it's fairly clear it's him (and has been since the story broke), I wouldn't call one of the tabloids who regularly just print out and out lies naming him as officially 'named'.

In fact he's not officially named until the Gardai name him. In which case you'll see 'proper' papers name him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Well, everybody knows who it is but boards probably can't risk having him name here until he has been charged and named by every other news outlet.

Not a big fan of tabloids myself, but they rarely print stories like this without some evidence. They'd be cleaned out in court if they made up something like that.

• Advertisement

Not a big fan of tabloids myself, but they rarely print stories like this without some evidence. They'd be cleaned out in court if they made up something like that.

In fairness they do. I was watching a programme following people who were suing the tabloids for stories published about them (Uri Geller was one of them) and the amount of lies the tabloids were telling was outrageous. Usually these cases are settled out of court with a retraction written as small as possible somewhere buried in the paper.

and they're regularly in court over stuff like this.
    My point was he hasn't been officially named. A tabloid acting as if he has is no proof to the contrary. I know it's pedantic but with the press (all of the press, not just the tabloids) and the out and out bullsh1t they come out with on a regular basis, the devil is in the detail.

I know they tend to make stuff up, but they rarely do with stories this big. They've accused someone of being a paedophile. If they are wrong they will be sued for an absolutely huge amount.

Terrible story anyway. There must be something in the water in Ireland with the amount of paedos we've produced in the last 100 years.

Terrible story anyway. There must be something in the water in Ireland with the amount of paedos we've produced in the last 100 years.
    Yup there is......although I don't think it's in the water exactly.

It's called Catholic sexual repression. By teaching that all sexuality is the tool of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Read the first report from the Indo a week or two ago - was very obvious who it was back then. One of the tabloids named him at the weekend - not only a journalist but a mentor and coach to a underage camoige team - the ramifications from this are going to be fücking huge…
    Didn't see it in the Indo. Haven't been really keeping abreast of current affairs recently...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

jtsuited wrote: »
    Yup there is......although I don't think it's in the water exactly.

It's called Catholic sexual repression. By teaching that all sexuality is the tool of the devil.
    Nah, I blame the fluoride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

It's got nothing to do with the water or the church - it's due to all the sexy children out there.

an oldie but a goodie.

2011 post of the year contender already.

Those paedophiles… they're nearly as bad as the gays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

For anyone who has never taken acid, this is what the world looks like when you have,:)

154877.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

For anyone who has never taken acid, this is what the world looks like when you have,:)

154877.jpg

Ha, how true it is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Those paedophiles… they're nearly as bad as the gays.
    Iris Robinson actually said that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Iris Robinson actually said that!

I thought to myself when I read your post no way did she actually say that. Just found the direct quotation and she actually DID say:

"There can be no viler act, apart from homosexuality and sodomy, than sexually abusing innocent children".

Wow, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I fvcking hate tabloids. The way they twist a story to meet their agenda is so annoying. "is accused of having a sordid sex affair with a 14-year-old schoolgirl"

He's obviously totally out of order (if the allegations prove to be true) but emotive language like that is just unnecessarily salacious. And implied nature of the pictures used are just in bad taste. Blanking out the faces of young boys. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I know they tend to make stuff up, but they rarely do with stories this big.

user33_pic131_1239543585.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster#The_Sun_newspaper

• Advertisement

Do you know I was thinking of that exact story when I posted about the other one. They'll never be forgiven in Liverpoool for it. I'd say their sales there were practically wiped out overnight. And they were made apologise for it very fast.

That was probably the single worst incident of a paper making up a story. It's a bit unfair to compare it to the Sunday World.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I fvcking hate tabloids. The way they twist a story to meet their agenda is so annoying. "is accused of having a sordid sex affair with a 14-year-old schoolgirl"

He's obviously totally out of order (if the allegations prove to be true) but emotive language like that is just unnecessarily salacious. And implied nature of the pictures used are just in bad taste. Blanking out the faces of young boys. :rolleyes:

The ONLY time I'm ever exposed to tabloids is when I'm getting a chinese take away and there's one on the counter and I've got five minutes to kill.

I genuinely cannot see a reason why anybody with an IQ of 80 or above would actually buy one.

One of the reasons I quickly dropped any leftist idealism years ago was seeing the sales figures of all the papers in Ireland and seeing The Star as number one by a long shot.

That was probably the single worst incident of a paper making up a story.

MMR Vaccine causes autism? Antioxidants in Red Wine prevent cancer? Saying a few fans were acting the maggot is nothing compared to the out and out misinformation printed by papers on a daily basis.

A few years ago, an Irish tabloid was writing about a friend (of a friend) of mine and quoted her dad as saying something about recent events......Her father had died 15 years previously.

Went to a solicitor who said 'just ring them and explain the situation and your cheque will be in the post by Monday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

The ONLY time I'm ever exposed to tabloids is when I'm getting a chinese take away and there's one on the counter and I've got five minutes to kill.

I genuinely cannot see a reason why anybody with an IQ of 80 or above would actually buy one.

One of the reasons I quickly dropped any leftist idealism years ago was seeing the sales figures of all the papers in Ireland and seeing The Star as number one by a long shot.

I'll give you three - big colourful pictures, sport and the fact that most stories are covered in bite-size fashion.

Ah but, shure dere de best for de sport.
    Clanket wrote:
    And they were made apologise for it very fast.

kenny.jpg

ianuss wrote: »
    I'll give you three - big colourful pictures, sport and the fact that most stories are covered in bite-size fashion.

really?
    big colourful pictures?
    surely it's only small children that demand big pictures to go with words they're reading.

SHÍT!!

I didnt realise the star was the number one read paper in ireland, better find that Fine gael registration form that came through the letterbox a while back & get it in quick:P

SHÍT!!

I didnt realise the star was the number one read paper in ireland, better find that Fine gael registration form that came through the letterbox a while back & get it in quick:P
    haha, all joking aside, would you really have much faith (or any) in a populist movement when you consider the fact that the 'man on the street' is a grossly misinformed idiot.

haha, all joking aside, would you really have much faith (or any) in a populist movement when you consider the fact that the 'man on the street' is a grossly misinformed idiot.

Or that the ''man on the street'' is usually a female civil servant in her mid 40s.

• Advertisement

haha, all joking aside, would you really have much faith (or any) in a populist movement when you consider the fact that the 'man on the street' is deliberatley misinformed and subsequently an idiot by no fault of his own.

Fixed your post chief.

Now i understand it wont apply to everyone but a lot of the population is simply kept in the dark about the majority of stuff in order to maintain the ruling system, True?

Advertisement