Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

its a game called extreme facedown u lie down lik above poses and take pics, also i know the location of the top one haha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

da__flash wrote: »
    its a game called extreme facedown u lie down lik above poses and take pics, also i know the location of the top one haha...

And theres the one where you stick your head in a freezer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I suppose the one where you stick your head in the sand is the favourite in the dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

And theres the one where you stick your head in a freezer

i would like to state at this point i am in neither of these pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

da__flash wrote: »
    i would like to state at this point i am in neither of these pictures.
    For a minute there, I thought you were the new Stig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Posted this on another topic, suited better in here me thinks. Any funny captions??

180457_194935330521002_100000136084690_798953_5247993_n.jpg

'Thats my Euro!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,498 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"I'll arrest ya when I get me cap back on!"

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

Jaysus, which one of you f%^$kers let off.

Posted this on another topic, suited better in here me thinks. Any funny captions??

Lads, ye forgot to set the child lock, the student has fallen out again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

After hearing the phrase "You have to crawl before you walk" in Templemore, one student misunderstands the metaphor.

• Advertisement

After initial testing New Hiatt handcuffs deemed too heavy for operational use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Oh sh1t, I hope someone doesnt take a photo and stick it up on boards for comments and which one of ye bastards died my shoe laces together

Oh sh1t, I hope someone doesnt take a photo and stick it up on boards for comments and which one of ye bastards farted? *more oxygen at ground level....
    FYP

Base calling Deadwood.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

..or Pighead.
    Esel wrote: »
    Base calling Deadwood.

psni wrote: »
    ..or Pighead.
    So Pig is Dead? :eek:

No, I refuse to believe it! Their humour was... well, different.

Base calling Deadwood. Come in, Deadwood.

[ Repeat ad nauseam at pre-agreed intervals, until end of shift. ]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Zambia wrote: »
    I suppose the one where you stick your head in the sand is the favourite in the dail.

Sticking their heads up their arses more like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

In fairness...:D
    Gardaí to be probed over Corrib rape jibe claims

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-to-be-probed-over-corrib-rape-jibe-claims-500158.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

pingu2008 wrote: »

Wow that brings back memories.

carforsale.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

After finding this, his car seized with "hash" still in the car

This is a real interview could you keep a straight face?

Warning for language

• Advertisement

390478-britain-riots.jpg

Good man, of all the things to loot in London you scored big there.

Nuphy...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 themanwashere

Okay, I'm new here. Hi everyone, I'm jay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Amazing picture from the London riots.

170081.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

NorthLondonRiotsPoliceShieldColleageAug2011PA_large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mistermiser

source wrote: »
    Amazing picture from the London riots.

170081.jpg

Incredible capture? This has gone viral according to Life.com

London's been quiet chaotic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mistermiser

LFB Turnout alarm,sounds like the start of a 90's dance tune!:D

Sounds like an intro to some electro-dance Gaga pop tune haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

imagine the two lads just sitting there eating their kit kats....... and boom.... the traffic unit will want to careful out along the naas road around baldonnell, i wonder would it work for gatzos..

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident, while checking for speeding motorists on the A-1 Great North Road .
    One of the officers (who are not named) used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph. The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.
    The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea , which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district.
    Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.
    Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style. 'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ivabiggon wrote: »
    imagine the two lads just sitting there eating their kit kats....... and boom.... the traffic unit will want to careful out along the naas road around baldonnell, i wonder would it work for gatzos..

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident, while checking for speeding motorists on the A-1 Great North Road .
    One of the officers (who are not named) used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph. The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.
    The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea , which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district.
    Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.
    Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style. 'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched'.

Epic fail ...

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp

Plus, assuming they're talking about a NATO aircraft from the Dutch air force rather than a Dutch pilot in an RAF plane which would be both unlikely and irrelevant, the Dutch air force has never had Tornado's, only F-16's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I always wondered why the PSNI weren't called Northern Ireland Police Service... but then again I guess NIPS wouldn't be practical! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

eroo wrote: »
    I always wondered why the PSNI weren't called Northern Ireland Police Service... but then again I guess NIPS wouldn't be practical! :D

trust you to highlight this eroo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Came across this blog from a Vancouver Police officer who walks the beat in the drug riddled and impoverished Downtown Eastside area of the City,very interesting reading and there's also a very good documentary about one of the area's best known cops.

http://www.beatcopdiary.vpd.ca/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

eroo wrote: »

Reason is the Northern Ireland Prison Service got first grabs for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

Next week on GARDA Traffic Blues christmas special...

Kick start off 2012 with another bit of Traffic Blue humor (Not picking on members of AGS its just I couldn't resist! :D) All the best to members of the Islands (Underpaid & Under resourced) Emergency Services..

RTEs Savage eye take on Templemore.. Course this is only humor and not actually how country members speak... but wait

00:08 Seconds into Traffic Blues..he must have had the same instructor down there :P

• Advertisement

So in the video above it was hilighted you had a learner with no full licensed driver and an over weight truck, Both left carry on their way?

Bit of a joke, suppose it goes with driving out of the test center once you fail..

I can see the danger in allowing a frankly mad woman abandoned on a motorway with 5 kids versus allowing her to carry on with no licence.

Lesser of the to evils I suppose.

The kneeling on the side of the road had me in fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

For anybody who worked in the States or any members of AGS who deal with a lot of RTAs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Anyone else see the Garda/Bomb Disposal on the Malahide road today?
    Loads of them! Wonder what happened..

Dangerous chemical discovered, needed to be disposed of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Dangerous chemical discovered, needed to be disposed of.

Where was this?

391018_244884018916452_135529993185189_626967_1774811614_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

See the ex Ministerial Mercs are going to auction. Unreserved too, grap a bargain!:D

Full?id=10632326

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

Advertisement