Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

foreign wrote: »
    He'll get nothing if nobody reports it.
    Does anyone know any of the lads in Ronanstown personally? See if they could id the location, i dont want to call in and not be 50% sure im right.....

Does anyone know any of the lads in Ronanstown personally? See if they could id the location, i dont want to call in and not be 50% sure im right.....

The location that I gave is 100% correct. That is the Fonthill Retail Park across the road where Home Base is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

garda_indo_368603t.jpg

Wonder does it play DVD's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

I think the dose that uploaded this video could do with a dose of reality, more than likely its a community relations officer....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Saw two Traffic guards in my local Dominos today. The Subaru Forrester around the corner.

They went for a large pepperoni by the way, smart move if I may say so myself...

This video is hard to interpret...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

• Advertisement

keith101 wrote: »

Quality, in this thread before I think....

Theres a new documentary on this Tuesday 22nd at 21.35, "Croke Park lives" , seen the teaser and it contained clips of AGS, looks good if i do say so....:D:rolleyes:

Heres what RTE say about the documentary...

A backstage look at Croke Park on the day of the All Ireland Football Final. Croke Park Lives takes us into the kitchens and canteens, reveals the secrets of the event control room, slips into briefings and down tunnels, into a place we've never been before, backstage at the All-Ireland. It brings us to meet the people of Croke Park and, for an hour, become part of one day in their lives.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Theres a new documentary on this Tuesday 22nd at 21.35, "Croke Park lives" , seen the teaser and it contained clips of AGS, looks good if i do say so....:D:rolleyes:

Heres what RTE say about the documentary...

A backstage look at Croke Park on the day of the All Ireland Football Final. Croke Park Lives takes us into the kitchens and canteens, reveals the secrets of the event control room, slips into briefings and down tunnels, into a place we've never been before, backstage at the All-Ireland. It brings us to meet the people of Croke Park and, for an hour, become part of one day in their lives.

:rolleyes:

What are you rolling your eyes for?

eroo wrote: »
    What are you rolling your eyes for?
    I dont know tbh, i must of accidently clicked it instead of :), considering as they are located beside each other, apologies!

PIT manouvres don't always work, is Michael Schumacher driving this car?

I sincerely hope those muppets don't kill anybody with their utter stupidity.

Despite what they think - their cars look ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Took me a while to realise, but, why are the baton pockets still in the new trousers? It's a right pain when your phone/keys go down into the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

ste88m wrote: »
    Took me a while to realise, but, why are the baton pockets still in the new trousers? It's a right pain when your phone/keys go down into the pocket.

Because....A - some of us still carry the old wodden one and B - Some are not trained in the ASP

Because....A - some of us still carry the old wodden one and B - Some are not trained in the ASP

Well that's news to me. I tought everyone was trained in the ASP by now.

With regards to carrying the wooden truncheon, personally I wouldn't, because we're all trained and certified for 3 years on the ASP, and they'll stand over you (to an extent) if you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

not at all, it happens here in ireland to, i new a fella who shot himself in the leg in templemore while doing his weapons training along time ago, he was left handed and using a right handed holster and accidently shot himself, in the leg muscle.... got himself a nickname out of it too...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Well that's news to me. I tought everyone was trained in the ASP by now.

With regards to carrying the wooden truncheon, personally I wouldn't, because we're all trained and certified for 3 years on the ASP, and they'll stand over you (to an extent) if you use it.

Some older members never did the training.

On "standing over it" they have to stand over it. Any member out before 2-3 years ago got training in the wooden baton......no re certification needed. And its still in our little book of secrets;) Thay have to stand over a piece of equipment they issued.....and most certainly equipment they never re called.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Found this on an American EMT site. No translation needed. :-)

TopTen10.gif"Medical problems? Nah, I'm generally healthy."
    Except for my hypertension, coronary artery disease, asthma, hypothyroidism, diabetes, demonic possession, bipolar disorder, and cooties. But I have medicine for all that stuff.

TopTen9.gif"I take my medicine just as the doctor prescribed it!"
    I take my potassium supplements daily, but I only take my Lasix when my feet start to resemble sausages. And I still don't know why I'm having all this muscle weakness!

TopTen8.gifBetween nodding off and snoring peacefully: "I'm in so much pain that I don't think I can make it to the stretcher by myself."
    I've taken a month's supply of Soma, Lortab and Xanax in the last week, and I want to go to the ER to get my prescriptions refilled.

TopTen7.gif"I've already called my doctor. He's going to meet us at the ER."
    I am a hypochondriac and my doctor, to his everlasting regret, doesn't have caller ID.

TopTen6.gif"I feel silly for calling y'all."
    I'm 85 years old and I took a tumble while checking the mail, and my family browbeat me into calling 911. I mean, it's like they've never seen a bone poking through the skin before!

TopTen5.gif"This stretcher is uncomfortable! Why do you keep it so cold in the ambulance? Ow! Is this your first time to start an IV?! Does your partner normally drive so rough? I'm going to complain to your supervisor!"
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with me that a good swift kick in the rear won't fix.

TopTen4.gif"He must have just coded!"
    The ventilation system is really good here at Decubitus Manor. The smell of decay never even reaches the nurse's station!

TopTen3.gif"You're so much nicer than the crew that picked me up last week! What are your names again?"
    I have early onset Alzheimer's, and I’m probably going to mix up the names so that you're the one I complain about, and the crew from hell will get all my praise.

TopTen2.gif"I'm a hard stick and my veins roll."
    A phlebotomist gave me a bruise 15 years ago, and I'm going to say nasty things about you to your supervisor if you stick me more than once.

TopTen1.gif"So there I was, sitting there on the stoop, reading the Bible and drinking a wholesome glass of milk, when all of a sudden and for no reason, Sumdood just jumped me!"
    I was dealing crack on Sumdood's corner, while wearing enemy gang colors, groping his girlfriend's boobs, and whizzing all over his brand new spinner rims. And the last thing I said before my epic butt-kicking was, "Yo, you got a problem wid dat, homey?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

..I was wondering why they taught us to shepherd in Templemore. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lads Lads lads ....you cant trust those french tourists.

This is out there without my attempts ats facial blocking.

Advertisement