Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Hero. Standing up for his property and what little decorum is left in British and Irish society, give him a medal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

If ever there was a time to use pepper spray....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballyb Rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Excellent! Well done to the guys/gals in Ballyb, well able for the surf and a little flying by the looks of it. Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

looks like it was all uniform members at that vdp/knife incident.
    Hes lucky it wasnt an armed member he ran at with the knife, hate to think of the outcome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,684 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If ever there was a time to use pepper spray....

Or a taser.

looks like it was all uniform members at that vdp/knife incident.
    Hes lucky it wasnt an armed member he ran at with the knife, hate to think of the outcome.

The fella nearest the camera looks like a plain clothes member wearing a vest. He also appears to have his hands extended out in front of him. I think this video shows an excellent level of restraint. In the states he would have been shot which is not an ideal outcome. If somebodies life was at risk then obviously shoot him. As it was the members appeared to be the only ones on the street and seemed to be containing it well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

stepoutsir.jpg

Don't give the public any ideas NGA!

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    Don't give the public any ideas NGA!

As you can see in pic three......the manners maker is out ready to be deployed;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I have two OT questions here for anyone that is actually a guard?

Can a guard still arrest you if he is not wearing his hat?

Can I make a citizens arrest? (Just say you are under Citizens arrest and call the Guards - or is it only for the movies?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

netwhizkid wrote: »

Can I make a citizens arrest? (Just say you are under Citizens arrest and call the Guards - or is it only for the movies?)

A garda can arrest you if he is ONLY wearing his hat.

You can only make a citizens arrest when a felony has been committed.

You're welcome.

netwhizkid wrote: »

Yes a Garda can arrest you at any stage it you commmit an offence that warrants it. In fact (s)he can be butt naked and still arrest you. the power is given to the member and the ID (s)he carries.....not the uniform.

Think of detectives.....they can arrest.

Citizens arrest is in Ireland once an arrestable offence is committed. Arrestable offence is legal term for an offence that carries 5 years or more sentence. It is NOT advised for the public to arrest as it could lead to a civil case in which you would loose you house if it was a wrongful arrest or if there were no grounds. A Garda is protected by the state in this instance.

You're welcome.

Eh???

You're welcome.
    Sorry bud, but you arent in the US of A now man, and btw anything you have said above isn't quite true !!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Sorry bud, but you arent in the US of A now man, and btw anything you have said above isn't quite true !!:rolleyes:

I presume goldie has told a tale of linguistic acrobatics and is implying that a Garda performing the full monty still has the full powers of arrest, assuming that they leave their hat on, as per Tom Jones' song. Not sure its necessarily true and in most cases i dont think I'd like to see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

wexfjord wrote: »
    ... a Garda performing the full monty still has the full powers of arrest...

...if you can see his Sherrifs Badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

http://garda.ie/

look at the traffic plan for Ballinaslow

http://garda.ie/Images/User/Ballinasloe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Two drunken thugs have learnt a lesson after the pair of cross-dressing men they attacked turned out to be cage fighters in fancy dress.

Haplesss Dean Gardner, 19, and Jason Fender, 22, were floored by their intended victims after picking on them in a random attack.

The amazing scene was captured on CCTV in the centre of Swansea, Wales.

The footage shows a bare-chested Gardner brazenly marching up to one of the 'victims' who was wearing hot pants and a pink wig.

Puffed-up Gardner, followed by Fender, runs up to the innocent reveller, who was dressed up for a stag party, and punches him in the face.

But the victim's friend, - wearing a short black dress, stockings and suspenders - suddenly appears behind them felling them both with two devastating punches.

The men in drag leave the dazed yobs on the ground - scooping up their handbags as they head off down the high street.

Gardner and Fender then attempt to get up but are so concussed they weave along the street nearly bumping into a phone box.

To make matters worse the pair are eventually confronted by police while nursing their injuries and are arrested.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1095451&ch=&cl=15954420&src=ukyvideo

lehanemore wrote: »
    Two drunken thugs have learnt a lesson after the pair of cross-dressing men they attacked turned out to be cage fighters in fancy dress.

Haplesss Dean Gardner, 19, and Jason Fender, 22, were floored by their intended victims after picking on them in a random attack.

The amazing scene was captured on CCTV in the centre of Swansea, Wales.

The footage shows a bare-chested Gardner brazenly marching up to one of the 'victims' who was wearing hot pants and a pink wig.

Puffed-up Gardner, followed by Fender, runs up to the innocent reveller, who was dressed up for a stag party, and punches him in the face.

But the victim's friend, - wearing a short black dress, stockings and suspenders - suddenly appears behind them felling them both with two devastating punches.

The men in drag leave the dazed yobs on the ground - scooping up their handbags as they head off down the high street.

Gardner and Fender then attempt to get up but are so concussed they weave along the street nearly bumping into a phone box.

To make matters worse the pair are eventually confronted by police while nursing their injuries and are arrested.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1095451&ch=&cl=15954420&src=ukyvideo

Better video here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Brillant work.

If all else fails maybe the Garda could do a Paul Newman job on these knife welding thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

maglite wrote: »
    http://garda.ie/

look at the traffic plan for Ballinaslow

http://garda.ie/Images/User/Ballinasloe.jpg

I see they brought in some extra mules.

deadwood wrote: »
    I see they brought in some extra mules.

Groan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,684 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Anything ever happen to that guy? (Not Mr Campbell... err I mean Brendan Campbell)

Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous fro that guard to be posting videos like that on youtube. One of them shows his epaulette number at 3;15.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous fro that guard to be posting videos like that on youtube. One of them shows his epaulette number at 3;15.

I believe the member (fool) that took this video and posted it is no longer employed by the Dept of Justice.........

I believe the member (fool) that took this video and posted it is no longer employed by the Dept of Justice.........
    I dont think he was forced to resign tbh, but don't quote me on that!! But Mr.Campbell sorry Brendan Campbell was at much to blame, but you have to admit, it was funny!!

I dont think he was forced to resign tbh, but don't quote me on that!! But Mr.Campbell sorry Brendan Campbell was at much to blame, but you have to admit, it was funny!!

No no hes gone alright......

Member that was on the phone was disaplined and to be honest I dont think its funny. These videos bring AGS to rock bottom.

• Advertisement

No no hes gone alright......

Member that was on the phone was disaplined and to be honest I dont think its funny. These videos bring AGS to rock bottom.
    True, but any of the people that i have shown this video believed that Mr Brendan Campbell was at much to blame for encouraging the garda on, and even my mum who would be much against that sort of thing agreed, she actually found it quite funny, so much so, she nearly dropped the laptop!

Advertisement