Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No WAY would he have got away with that up here. It's simple: give me or name here and now, or you get to enjoy some time inside one of our fully-equipped ensuite bedrooms - free of charge of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

my head actually hurts from watching the two videos now. I have to say the highest praise given to the members involved they where nothing but professional and poilte.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The alternative to going in hard would be to tell the driver that, since you've had to explain the simple details to him 5 times or more, and he still doesn't understand it, you believe he is unfit to drive the car any further through drink or drugs, and nick him on the spot. Notes of times and amount of times told in the notebook would make any defence very difficult to be plausible.

Them two guys deserve a medal for their patience... I think I would've cracked after about 2 mins of that s***!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

monkeysox wrote: »
    Having watched the 2 videos, I was surprised that they didn't nick him. I thought he was acting strange, in a way that could be considered confusion, making me think of drug use or a medical condition:cool:. If it was a planned strategy to evade the question it was crafty. He never refused to give his details, he did, however answer every question with a question or a diversion. Entertaining stuff, would've been nice to see him arrested at the end tho.

Apparently the guy is a member of Tír Na Saor ~ Land of the Free.

I think he actually wants his day in court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just as an aside, they did not actually ID him.

Despite him clearly just being a twit , if he had stolen the car he was home free.

The guys where right though from the outset he just had some agenda and would have played this game all day. While being in favour of civil libertys abusing them like this is shocking.

What I would love to see in these cases is the likes of him ringing the gardai and wanting something like removing some drunk knacker from his front garden.

Garda: I'm sorry sir but the man wants to stay.

Yeah they did but it was edited out in the second bit.

psni wrote: »
    Yeah they did but it was edited out in the second bit.

What, they finally got him to say his name or hand over his license? Or did they ID him via car number plate?

He would have had to have given his name and address.

Did a search on that free man site and found these videos. What the hell is going on?! These people believe that all acts, like the road traffic act are only applicable if you consent to them! They quote the constitution:
    Constitution of Ireland Article 41.1.1
    “ The State acknowledges that the family is the basic primary sub-group of/for society according to
    nature, and that it is a moral institution which has inalienable and invincible rights which are more
    ancient and higher than any human statute. ” My highlights.

Society
    “ A Society is a number of Persons united together by mutual consent. ”
    - Blacks Law Dictionary.

A statue is an act not a law, that's what they make out. So their logic is, that if they break a traffic act, say they were speeding then it doesn't apply to them provided they didn't harm anyone!

The man is arrested in this one

And here's an audio of his court appearance

If this thing takes off, it'll be a nightmare for the courts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 monkeysox

from their discussion forum....

We need scripts for ever situation & possibility.

Starting with ... when a Garda stops You.
    1. Carry a recording device in your car, switch it on & start recording.
    2. Lock the car doors & Keep Them Locked.
    3. Keep your hands on the steering as the Garda approaches (non-threatening).
    4. Only partially roll down the window.
    5. Be polite, ask the Garda why he or she stopped YOu (remain polite).
    6. Keep Quite, Stay Silent.
    7. Let the Garda talk until they are totally finished (hard to do).
    8. Say nothing ... do not make any statements.
    9. Shrug your shoulders if you are unsure (act too scared to talk).
    9. Ask another very short question (Linke why do you need to know that Garda?).
    10. Keep Quite, Stay Silent.
    11. Let the Garda talk until they are totally finished (easier to do).
    12. If they ask a direct question ... You could say that You - "Don't understand Garda".
    13. Keep Quite, Stay Silent.
    14. Let the Garda talk until they are totally finished (getting easier

I'm joining!
    lol

From their guide, this is what they stated:
    Next they’ll ask questions like "Do you know what speed you were going?" or "Do you know what you
    did wrong?" or “Do you know why you’re here?”
    They are trying to get you to admit guilt. NEVER SELF ADMIT by saying "Sorry I was a little over the limit" or “I was going 70” or anything of that nature. Answer their questions with more questions like "was I ?", "did I?" , "Can you prove that?" or at least finish your sentences with a little question. This will always put the ball back in their court and it stops you from contracting with them.

So that's what your man was doing in the videos, constantly putting the ball back into the garda courts. He had this all learned off and caught the garda unawares. He even had the garda oath printed on cards! This will be interesting if it goes to court.

Civilian justice WIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

I dont know if this is real but surely no one can be that stupid.

http://www.break.com/index/couple-kids-steal-police-car.html

BravoMike wrote: »
    I dont know if this is real but surely no one can be that stupid.

http://www.break.com/index/couple-kids-steal-police-car.html

Read the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 monkeysox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

THAT IS A TOMATOE PLANT LOIKEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi thought this make you lot smile

• Advertisement

The only thing I'm sorry about is there normally a place where the Gardai check for speed at 2:00 minutes, pity they were not there on that occasion.
    It was taken in a village in Clare called Ogonnelloe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Crap cars, crap music, crap for brains. Gay Byrne would turn in his grave if he saw that vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

wexfjord wrote: »
    Crap cars, crap music, crap for brains. Gay Byrne would turn in his grave if he saw that vid.

o did gay finally kick the bucket?!?!:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

The only thing I'm sorry about is there normally a place where the Gardai check for speed at 2:00 minutes, pity they were not there on that occasion.

Fcuking idiots! After all that has happened in the last week with the loss of seven young lives. Makes me sick. Surely some sort of dangerous driving charge can be brought with this video evidence, Faces, car regs ect... And yet again another reason why young male drivers get such a bad name and screwed with insurance.

at the end the lake they pull up by is lough derg, the village is killaloe, in clare

Everything about it just annoys the f*#k outa me, especially after events over the past month and a half!

Apparently a few of the lads in motoring forum has sent it into stations around Clare......

120464.png

120465.png

If those lads keep that up... well I hate to say it but Darwin's theory will eventually kick in.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    If those lads keep that up... well I hate to say it but Darwin's theory will eventually kick in.

Or they'll kill someone else on the road and get away with minor injuries.

Or they'll kill someone else on the road and get away with minor injuries.

And that's what really p*sses me off.

• Advertisement

redsurfer wrote: »
    at the end the lake they pull up by is lough derg, the village is killaloe, in clare

The place where they pull up at the end is know as the Twomilegate. It is in Ogonnelloe, a common mistake made by a lot of people.

da__flash wrote: »
    o did gay finally kick the bucket?!?!:D:P

I presume he's dead, havent seen him in years and bar the occasional soundbite from the RSA, there's very little evidence that he is in fact still alive. Sorry Gay if it turns out youre not dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

made it to rte:

Three men quizzed about YouTube video

[URL="javascript:showPlayer('road_youtube_av.html')"] [/URL]Tuesday, 20 July 2010 20:08
    Three men have been questioned by gardaí about a video posted on YouTube, which shows a group of young men from Nenagh, Co Tipperary, driving dangerously on a country road.
    The Road Safety Authority has described the footage as 'shocking' and 'reckless'.
    [URL="javascript:showPlayer("/news/2010/0720/newsspecial2_av.html?2790591,null,230")"]RSA Chief Executive Noel Brett[/URL] said he was furious, outraged and horrified by the driving behaviour.
    Advertisement

He also appealed to parents to be on the lookout for signs that their children were engaged in this kind of activity.
    In the video, the registration plates of the cars are clearly visible. So too are the faces of the young men involved, who are each identified by nickname.
    At the end of the video they show an email address offering to make other movies.
    Public Against Road Carnage Spokeswoman Donna Price said she was shocked by the contents of the videos.
    A garda investigation is under way and so far two vehicles have been seized and three men have been questioned.
    Gardaí said in general they take strong action against any behaviour that endangers life on the roads.

sonyair wrote: »
    made it to rte:

Three men quizzed about YouTube video

Tuesday, 20 July 2010 20:08
    Three men have been questioned by gardaí about a video posted on YouTube, which shows a group of young men from Nenagh, Co Tipperary, driving dangerously on a country road.
    The Road Safety Authority has described the footage as 'shocking' and 'reckless'.
    RSA Chief Executive Noel Brett said he was furious, outraged and horrified by the driving behaviour.
    Advertisement

He also appealed to parents to be on the lookout for signs that their children were engaged in this kind of activity.
    In the video, the registration plates of the cars are clearly visible. So too are the faces of the young men involved, who are each identified by nickname.
    At the end of the video they show an email address offering to make other movies.
    Public Against Road Carnage Spokeswoman Donna Price said she was shocked by the contents of the videos.
    A garda investigation is under way and so far two vehicles have been seized and three men have been questioned.
    Gardaí said in general they take strong action against any behaviour that endangers life on the roads.

Enter NGA on a white steed.

Well done to those involved.

The place where they pull up at the end is know as the Twomilegate. It is in Ogonnelloe, a common mistake made by a lot of people.

it out killaloe:rolleyes:

Its amazing what a wee phone call here and there can start :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Again well done to all involved, it was a featured video on Youtube there for two days during the week. Absolutely disgusted when I saw it, especially in the wake of the deaths in Donegal.

I'm been critical of Gardai for certain actions in the past, but well done to all involved. If this was seen everyday, some of the image problems the force has encountered in the past would be completely reversed. Keep getting eejits like these off the roads and people will appreciate it, and even if you're not Traffic Corps, keep them off the railings at the corner shop as well!

But really, its often been [humoursly] said that an IQ test should be part of registering to vote, judging from the amount of muppets like those lads on the roads, it should be made part of the driving test as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Me and my friend were having a few bottle's of corona each yesterday afternoon opposite his apartment down by the canal before goin to the comedy festival and were stopped and searched by two very sound undercover Gardai,who after finding no lumps? on us said that they didnt mind us havin a few beers as long as we threw them in the bin when we were finished.

Just wanted to say cheers to them,its not often that you hear of peoples positive experiences with the Gardai but I was pleasantly surprised!

Me and my friend... were stopped and searched by two very sound undercover Gardai,who after finding no lumps? on us...
    You sure they weren't undercover doctors? ;)

Seriously though, if you cooperate when you're stopped and just let them do their job, the vast majority will give you that respect back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I think the Darwin awards refer to those who are good enough to remove themselves from the gene pool. These guys will probably only kill someone else with these antics.

At the end of the clip, these apes have thrown Darwins theory on its head by returning to the water, where "there" limited "breading" suggests they belong.

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window and count to three could, in time, dominate the briney deep. Maybe...

It's time to come home deadwood. Just knock at the door and you'll receive a warm welcome.
    deadwood wrote: »
    I think the Darwin awards refer to those who are good enough to remove themselves from the gene pool. These guys will probably only kill someone else with these antics.

At the end of the clip, these apes have thrown Darwins theory on its head by returning to the water, where "there" limited "breading" suggests they belong.

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window and count to three could, in time, dominate the briney deep. Maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Garda Armed Response Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

It's time to come home deadwood. Just knock at the door and you'll receive a warm welcome.
    That's gone right over my head,psni.:confused:

That's gone right over my head,psni.:confused:

I think psni was logged on when he was on the wine.....but its something to do with your spelling....the first link sent ya to spell czechs forum and the P.M......i havn't a balls notion what that was about...:rolleyes:

Maybe a master race of boy racers who can drive with "there" leg out the window...

Spell Czechs would be delighted to have you as a member with this sort of passion for spelling and grammar.

It's a private forum, so just drop Tar.Aldarion a PM asking for access, and you'll be in great company.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ouch. :)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Ouch. :)

What? I've got access and I think it's a great place to learn the bits and pieces you might have forgotten. Very helpful when you consider our statements and notebooks are picked apart piece by piece for such simple errors in the witness box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

biko wrote: »

it's not just in Sweden that they dance like this you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*waits for kerry4sam's new dance video* :D

more smooth moves from are own

• Advertisement
Advertisement