Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Took me a while to realise, but, why are the baton pockets still in the new trousers? It's a right pain when your phone/keys go down into the pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

ste88m wrote: »
    Took me a while to realise, but, why are the baton pockets still in the new trousers? It's a right pain when your phone/keys go down into the pocket.

Because....A - some of us still carry the old wodden one and B - Some are not trained in the ASP

Because....A - some of us still carry the old wodden one and B - Some are not trained in the ASP

Well that's news to me. I tought everyone was trained in the ASP by now.

With regards to carrying the wooden truncheon, personally I wouldn't, because we're all trained and certified for 3 years on the ASP, and they'll stand over you (to an extent) if you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

not at all, it happens here in ireland to, i new a fella who shot himself in the leg in templemore while doing his weapons training along time ago, he was left handed and using a right handed holster and accidently shot himself, in the leg muscle.... got himself a nickname out of it too...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Well that's news to me. I tought everyone was trained in the ASP by now.

With regards to carrying the wooden truncheon, personally I wouldn't, because we're all trained and certified for 3 years on the ASP, and they'll stand over you (to an extent) if you use it.

Some older members never did the training.

On "standing over it" they have to stand over it. Any member out before 2-3 years ago got training in the wooden baton......no re certification needed. And its still in our little book of secrets;) Thay have to stand over a piece of equipment they issued.....and most certainly equipment they never re called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Found this on an American EMT site. No translation needed. :-)

TopTen10.gif"Medical problems? Nah, I'm generally healthy."
    Except for my hypertension, coronary artery disease, asthma, hypothyroidism, diabetes, demonic possession, bipolar disorder, and cooties. But I have medicine for all that stuff.

TopTen9.gif"I take my medicine just as the doctor prescribed it!"
    I take my potassium supplements daily, but I only take my Lasix when my feet start to resemble sausages. And I still don't know why I'm having all this muscle weakness!

TopTen8.gifBetween nodding off and snoring peacefully: "I'm in so much pain that I don't think I can make it to the stretcher by myself."
    I've taken a month's supply of Soma, Lortab and Xanax in the last week, and I want to go to the ER to get my prescriptions refilled.

TopTen7.gif"I've already called my doctor. He's going to meet us at the ER."
    I am a hypochondriac and my doctor, to his everlasting regret, doesn't have caller ID.

TopTen6.gif"I feel silly for calling y'all."
    I'm 85 years old and I took a tumble while checking the mail, and my family browbeat me into calling 911. I mean, it's like they've never seen a bone poking through the skin before!

TopTen5.gif"This stretcher is uncomfortable! Why do you keep it so cold in the ambulance? Ow! Is this your first time to start an IV?! Does your partner normally drive so rough? I'm going to complain to your supervisor!"
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with me that a good swift kick in the rear won't fix.

TopTen4.gif"He must have just coded!"
    The ventilation system is really good here at Decubitus Manor. The smell of decay never even reaches the nurse's station!

TopTen3.gif"You're so much nicer than the crew that picked me up last week! What are your names again?"
    I have early onset Alzheimer's, and I’m probably going to mix up the names so that you're the one I complain about, and the crew from hell will get all my praise.

TopTen2.gif"I'm a hard stick and my veins roll."
    A phlebotomist gave me a bruise 15 years ago, and I'm going to say nasty things about you to your supervisor if you stick me more than once.

TopTen1.gif"So there I was, sitting there on the stoop, reading the Bible and drinking a wholesome glass of milk, when all of a sudden and for no reason, Sumdood just jumped me!"
    I was dealing crack on Sumdood's corner, while wearing enemy gang colors, groping his girlfriend's boobs, and whizzing all over his brand new spinner rims. And the last thing I said before my epic butt-kicking was, "Yo, you got a problem wid dat, homey?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

..I was wondering why they taught us to shepherd in Templemore. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lads Lads lads ....you cant trust those french tourists.

This is out there without my attempts ats facial blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Ah, we've all done this.....haven't we?

Garda_Door_JPEG_small.jpg

garda.jpg
    garda.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Shocking night last night.. fcuk sake.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Gotta love the Russian police...! lol

donvito99 wrote: »

That'll teach him not to wear his hat.

18031_274337983000_167613868000_3450210_6174742_n.jpg

• Advertisement

1224262926805_1.jpg

Ta, Irish Polizei. Were all those from CrimeCall last Tuesday?

I honestly don't know what show they were made for, I found it on me routine flick through youtube :rolleyes:. Ye can PM the fella if you really wanted....:)

I honestly don't know what show they were made for, I found it on me routine flick through youtube :rolleyes:. Ye can PM the fella if you really wanted....:)

nah, its ok. I sometimes do that to and never have I found anything such as that calibre before.

Just take it lightly...only a bita fun....

:D

joke

   /thinsp.pngdʒoʊk/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled Pronunciation [thinsp.pngjohk] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun, verb, joked, jok⋅ing.
    Use joke in a Sentence

See images of joke

Search joke on the Web

–noun 1.something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him. 2.something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke. 3.a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke. 4.something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class. 5.practical joke.
    –verb (used without object) 6.to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us. 7.to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking.
    –verb (used with object) 8.to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.9.to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.

Origin:
    1660–70; < L jocus jestthinsp.png

Related forms:
    jokeless, adjective
    jok⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

Synonyms:
    wisecrack, gag, jape, prank, quip, quirk, sally, raillery. Joke, jest refer to something said (or done) in sport, or to cause amusement. A joke is something said or done for the sake of exciting laughter; it may be raillery, a witty remark, or a prank or trick: to tell a joke. Jest, today a more formal word, nearly always refers to joking language and is more suggestive of scoffing or ridicule than is joke: to speak in jest.

deadwood wrote: »
    :D

joke

And the moral of that post was....:rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Just take it lightly...only a joke....

Jokes are usually funny??:p

I thought it was funny :(

• Advertisement

Just take it lightly...only a joke....

Did ya not like Your Bad Self?

Did ya not like Your Bad Self?

It would be better if there was actually some comedy in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

foreign wrote: »
    It would be better if there was actually some comedy in it.

If only RTE thought the same.. I don't think RTE are capable of comedy: Katherine Lynch, Karl Spain or Dave MacSavage.. I'd prefer death!

The Panel was good, when it had Daz O Briain.

eroo wrote: »
    If only RTE thought the same.. I don't think RTE are capable of comedy: Katherine Lynch, Karl Spain or Dave MacSavage.. I'd prefer death!

Ach Katherine Lynch is a laugh and half.....No??:confused::confused:

20531_290175273000_167613868000_3516244_7896732_n.jpg

20531_290175303000_167613868000_3516246_7568674_n.jpg

20531_290175588000_167613868000_3516252_4288642_n.jpg

20531_290175588000_167613868000_3516252_4288642_n.jpg

20531_290175608000_167613868000_3516254_1713761_n.jpg
    photo.php?pid=3516244&id=167613868000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Just a funny song about when the guards come knocking! Nothing insulting in there :

As they say, ahhh, chiefs permission...

why you never get ditracted while driving on the motorways

watch it all it's great:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

sweet jesus!!!!

• Advertisement

2cgehkw.jpg

He he...

Lovin the sirens!

Pretty sure I have some dance music like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

• Advertisement

This fella's username on youtube is hseparamedic and all videos he produced are intended as a joke, he has got some other funny videos too..

july-09-extreme.jpg

Jesus lads, it's only a tax disc!

deadwood wrote: »
    Jesus lads, it's only a tax disc!
    Nah the coach driver beeped the horn at them because they wanted to change lane.....he wont do that to quick again the heure!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement