Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I got that email earlier. Just got 4200 there now - works out at €35.93 by Paypal. Damn good deal, and should do me for a few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I got that email earlier. Just got 4200 there now - works out at €35.93 by Paypal. Damn good deal, and should do me for a few months!

yup same here , a saving of about a €5 on anywhere else, shop or on line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I need some help. Stupid brother put his age in when subscribing to xbox live and not mine so now I can't play FIFA online, how do I change it to mine? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

gizabeer wrote: »
    €39.99 for 14 months from here http://cardscodes.com/

Does this site definitely email the code? Just not sure as after i set up with paypal it said "ship to" and my address instead of my email address... confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does this site definitely email the code? Just not sure as after i set up with paypal it said "ship to" and my address instead of my email address... confused!

Yeah, got mine like 10 mins after I ordered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

gizabeer wrote: »
    €39.99 for 14 months from here http://cardscodes.com/

Just used these 5 minutes later had my code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just used these 5 minutes later had my code

Great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

wheres the 14 month deal. dont see it on the site.

Found it. 12+2. only was €41.99. Still great good value, and had code within an hour of ordering.

+1 from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Anyone ever bought from here? Looking to buy via moneybookers (have a paypal account but normally takes 3-4 working days for money to move from bank account to Paypal account which is annoyingly long).

http://buynxcash.com/product_list.php?c_id=1790

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

used cardscodes to get 2100 points about an hour ago but havent gotten the email yet,checked my spam mail folder a bunch of times and its been taken for as i got a reciept mail from paypal, hmm, will give it another while before i email them and ask, I wanna play Super Meat Boy now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Saw this on the Bargain Alerts forum but thought people here might miss out.

2100 live points - €13.43
    http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/xbox-360-live-2100-points-card/10021725.html#top

12 month xbox live - €28.43
    http://www.thehut.com/games/games-accessories/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-card/9995980.html

Delivery is 99p /€1.15 per item but I think it works out cheap as there is a flaw in the exchange rates as the Euro works out cheaper than the Sterling. This might not last long.

EDIT
    I got both for €14.58 and €29.58 respectively. I couldn't get both orders done together for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Just wondering if when you have xbox live can you only use it by signing into one account.
    for instance, on the xbox ther are 3 accounts. Mine and my 2 brothers.

We got xbox live and i redeemed the code and set up an account.
    However neither of them are allowed set up an account because they cannot use the same redeem code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

yimrsg wrote: »
    Saw this on the Bargain Alerts forum but thought people here might miss out.

2100 live points - €13.43
    http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/xbox-360-live-2100-points-card/10021725.html#top

12 month xbox live - €28.43
    http://www.thehut.com/games/games-accessories/xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership-card/9995980.html

Delivery is 99p /€1.15 per item but I think it works out cheap as there is a flaw in the exchange rates as the Euro works out cheaper than the Sterling. This might not last long.

EDIT
    I got both for €14.58 and €29.58 respectively. I couldn't get both orders done together for some reason.

Hey yimrsg, just followed your links but it looks like the prices hav gone back up. Xbox live is now 40.43 and 2100 points are 19.43. Pity because this was a fairly good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

just checked it there and seems to be gone.
    Didn't see it on the bargain alerts forum.
    Dag nabit.
    My xbox subscription is running out.
    Anyone recommend a good place to get the 12 month sub cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

If I buy it from Amazon is there a risk the code won't work here? Like it might only work for UK accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Don't know has this been asked lads but can I get points on any site using a laser card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hmm, anyone recommend where to get my MS points cheap online? Where should I look? Seems like a lot of scam sites when I do a search :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Amazon.co.uk stuff will work over here.

Also Amazon points seem to be cheapest right now (2100 for £15 - get 2 for free p&p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

asharkman wrote: »
    just checked it there and seems to be gone.
    Didn't see it on the bargain alerts forum.
    Dag nabit.
    My xbox subscription is running out.
    Anyone recommend a good place to get the 12 month sub cheap?

They cancelled the orders anyway (mine at least) so you didn't miss out.
    On the look out for points again before First Strike drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

http://www.gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_70&products_id=1840

Seems like a good deal. When is Black Ops maps available?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

They're available from Feb 1st on Xbox exclusively - dates not yet confirmed for PS3 and PC but likely to be 1st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Cheers - can code be emailed? Is it instant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

DesertMoon wrote: »
    Cheers - can code be emailed? Is it instant?

yea it says it on the website, ie Gamesnash
    wrote:
    For speedier dispatch the order code can be emailed upon request - please mention this in your order comments if required.

It wouldn't be completely instant.

Usual security checks would need to be passed before the order is cleared for shipping.

Basically what will happen is that instead of posting the packet out, it will be opened, card scratched for you and the code emailed to you.

If ordered during a normal working day and assuming everything is ok security wise you'd have your code within a couple of hours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any Gamesnash discount coupons floating around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey do all these sites require you to create a pay pal account? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey do all these sites require you to create a pay pal account? :confused:

Live codes used to use Google Checkout not sure if they still do after the site overhaul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Argos have 12 months xbox live with 800 Microsoft points for €45.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9325030/c_1/1|category_root|Video%2Bgames|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox%2B360|14419847/c_3/4|cat_14419847|Xbox%2B360%2Baccessories|14419856.htm

I checked their instore catalogue and I couldn't see it. But it's code (932/5030) came up in the stock checker. Their other 12 month xbox live subscription is €50 without the 800 points.

I think I saw it in hmv (dundrum) yesterday for €35 without the 800 points, which seems better if we say 100pts ~= €1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

came across these guys they have 2100 points for £16 and email it within ten minutes

http://xboxcodesdirect.co.uk/

Amazon back to 2100 for £14.99 if you can wait a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

HMV selling 12 month Xbox live gold for €39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I went with these guys and wouldn't again. If you're a first time user they need to ring to confirm you're identity. As I cancelled my phone they cannot reach me. One day later and the same reply from them.They need to ring me . Ordered from elsewhere and got it with in 5 mins.
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    came across these guys they have 2100 points for £16 and email it within ten minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I went with these guys and wouldn't again. If you're a first time user they need to ring to confirm you're identity. As I cancelled my phone they cannot reach me. One day later and the same reply from them.They need to ring me . Ordered from elsewhere and got it with in 5 mins.

+1 for that, ordered last night and they still haven't called plus not responding to E-mails, go with live-codes.com and have it straight away. Wonder if I just ignore the calls now will I just get refunded :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's not really much of a saving is it?

• Advertisement

That's not really much of a saving is it?

but a saving is a saving

i dont know what ye guys are talking about phone calls i didnt have to do anything

but a saving is a saving

i dont know what ye guys are talking about phone calls i didnt have to do anything

Maybe you got lucky. I still haven't recieved the code. When I get home I'll take a look at the paypal grievance process. It's only 7 euro but its just the principle

Maybe you got lucky. I still haven't recieved the code. When I get home I'll take a look at the paypal grievance process. It's only 7 euro but its just the principle

i got two emails off them one stating the code will arrive shortly
    and then the scanned picture of the code.

i got two emails off them one stating the code will arrive shortly
    and then the scanned picture of the code.
    I got the first email alright. Not the second though. I'll email them again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked up a 12 month gold membership for €39:99 in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Got an email from live-codes.com

Promotion - Discount On Microsoft Subscriptions & Points
    We are pleased to offer discounts at the following rates:
    Xbox Live Subscription Discounts:
    1 Month Xbox Live Save £0.45
    3 Months Xbox Live Save £0.45
    12 Months Xbox Live Save £3.00

Xbox Live Points Discounts:
    800 Microsoft Points Save £0.75
    1200 Microsoft Points Save £0.75
    2100 Microsoft Points Save £0.25
    4200 Microsoft Points Save £0.50

Promotion code: APRIL2011
    (expires 23:59 GMT, 8th April 2011)

Thanks,
    Live-Codes.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Lads, I got the HALO Xbox 360 at Christmas. I was going to buy my first Xbox live subscription tomorrow but a mate told me that I would have gotten a free 30 day trial Gold Membership with the console? I've searched through the box but can't see anything. I think I already have a Silver is that right? But can't play online with this so if I have a free Gold trial I'll use that first.

Anyone know if one comes free with the HALO console?

Hi Shuffles,

What you need to do is create a profile on the console (presumably you have done this already) and then go to your account management and sign up to xbox live. It is free to get a Silver membership. It will prompt you to sign up for a Gold membership by entering credit card details or redeeming a code. If you select "no" (can't remember exact wording) but basically once you refuse the gold membership it will offer you a free months trial.

This was the case for any Xboxes I have come across and I presume will be the case here. :)

Edit: Just reading your post fully there - since you've already gone through the account creation and a silver Xbox account is in place perhaps it wasn't offered to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

http://www.gamesbites.com/Microsoft_Points

Go to these guys, they're cheaper again. Your man john has always looked after me. Worth a look for anyone who's looking.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

@Gamenash.ie:Pat:

Cheers for the info. Doesn't look like I got a free trial. I've had a previous 360 before this one so I've technically had an account for a few years. I just thought that with a new console I may have been given free live. Ah well, guess I'll just buy a 3 month subscription so.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    @Gamenash.ie:Pat:

Cheers for the info. Doesn't look like I got a free trial. I've had a previous 360 before this one so I've technically had an account for a few years. I just thought that with a new console I may have been given free live. Ah well, guess I'll just buy a 3 month subscription so.

Ah - if you recovered an already existing gamer tag then it wouldn't have offered you a freebie. You may get offered it if you create a new tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Just ordered from Cheap Xbox Live Codes

£31.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just ordered a code there through cheap xbox live codes but paid by paypal that had an old credit card number I have the replacement for it but didn't update system. Payment is being processed. Will this still go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'm 99.9% certain it WON'T.
    Mind you, anything is possible. My bank cashes cheques that I forgot to sign. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

kleefarr wrote: »
    I'm 99.9% certain it WON'T.
    Mind you, anything is possible. My bank cashes cheques that I forgot to sign. :rolleyes:

Hate when that happens.

Does anyone know if HMV still have the 12 months for €39.99? And if not, wheres the best value right now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement