Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live For 4 euro for 4 Months Cheapist Xbox Live Ever

Options
  • 16-05-2011 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi just seen this on HUKD and its maybe the bargain of the year

There is a offer that lets you get xbox live for 1 euro a month. But there is a glitche on the site that lets you take the deal a good few time

It worked 4 times for me on top of my last deal i got for 8 euros for 3 months on the dash board i got 7 months for 12 euros

So this maybe the cheapist xbox live your ever going to get

It will work on all acc

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/hulu-plus/jack-links

Never mind the us link it will bring you to the ie site

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

But wasn't this where you had to give credit card details to avail of the offer in the first place. Colour me paranoid, but after what happened to PSN I'm not putting my details in to anything. ANYTHING! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

chin_grin wrote: »
    But wasn't this where you had to give credit card details to avail of the offer in the first place. Colour me paranoid, but after what happened to PSN I'm not putting my details in to anything. ANYTHING! :pac:

thats what pre paid credit cards are for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Can you remove your credit card after adding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mcgovern wrote: »
    Can you remove your credit card after adding it?

Think the only way to do that is by ringing them up.

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks samapple, they already had my CC details so no reason not to make use of this, I got 6 months before it stopped me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Did I see somewhere lately that they're accepting paypal on xbox live now? Or perhaps that's not implemented yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thanks OP, just got 5 months before it cut me off. Brings me right up to xmas, and was just a month off renewal and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Is this over ? I'm getting "The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site"

My gold is due to run out next month so this would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

jamescd wrote: »
    Is this over ? I'm getting "The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site"

My gold is due to run out next month so this would be handy

No, I ordered 3 and a friend just did it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Is this for new members only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Tried Internet Explorer and it worked there. Managed to get 5 months, thanks OP :)
    Is this for new members only?

Nope you can add gold to any account you already have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

When I first registered for Xbox Live I was living in the UK. Im now back in Ireland but cant seem to change my country to Ireland for billing purposes. Anyone got any ideas?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

TheChevron wrote: »
    When I first registered for Xbox Live I was living in the UK. Im now back in Ireland but cant seem to change my country to Ireland for billing purposes. Anyone got any ideas?

I bought a UK Xbox and set up my account in the UK.
    Same problem. AFAIK there isn't a handy way of changing it. Which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Yip, got 5 months for a fiver, thanks op.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

'After 1 month, your membership will automatically continue and renew to a monthly membership at the then current price (prices subject to change), unless you cancel before your membership period ends.'

This worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Got 6 months, thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

Dean820 wrote: »
    'After 1 month, your membership will automatically continue and renew to a monthly membership at the then current price (prices subject to change), unless you cancel before your membership period ends.'

This worries me.

but it states your memberhsip expiration date.

In any event just ring and cancel auto renewal in a couple of days.

I suspect its more likely for them to cancel the extra 4 or 5 months and refund €4 or €5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Got 7 months for €7. EPIC.
    Dean820 wrote: »

This worries me.
    This is standard. You can check when your Gold expires on Xbox.com. All you have to do is call Xbox Support Ireland. I bought 1 month from the Dashboard a few weeks ago, and called them up a few minutes later. It takes about 10 minutes, but the call is free, and the staff are very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Awesome. Thats me sorted till September XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Was going to take advantage of the offer but Chrome indicates the page asking for my credit card details is only partially secure. I know it's probably due to some page element of no consequence, but I'm not willing to take that risk. Seems a bit foolish on Microsoft's part, in the wake of the PSN hacking fiasco.

Not too bothered as I cant think of any Xbox-exclusive online title I'm itching to play. Would be nice to get those half price discounts on XBLA titles though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

5 months!!! fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just went for 3 months, do I have to cancel my CC details now or just before the 3 months ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

I just got the rest of the year sorted for me and the kids, Nice one OP.

On the auto renew issue, i think you can go into profiles on the xbox and turn off auto- updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

RasTa wrote: »
    Just went for 3 months, do I have to cancel my CC details now or just before the 3 months ends?

yes - but i think you can turn it off from the account settings page...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

just got 6 months for a six euro! I also looked into my account details and it shows my 6.99 monthy renewal canceled and a monthly renewal rate of 1 euro to kick in on the 16th of dec:) might be worth while leaving automatic renewal on!!!
    my account

Your services
    Service name Status
    Gold – 1 Month for €1 Enabled
    Gold – 1 Month Canceled- (I WAS PAYING 6.99 TILL TODAY)

Gold – 1 Month for €1

Enabled
    Purchased:

16/05/2011
    Renewal scheduled for:

16/11/2011

Contact support to renew this service

Cancel my service

Account name:

XBOX Live

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks, got 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

jameshayes wrote: »
    yes - but i think you can turn it off from the account settings page...
    No, they got rid of it. You have to call Xbox Support to turn off auto-renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got 5 months, thanks OP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm renewed up to 16/08/2012 now (got 6 months), thanks OP. I wonder if MS will cotton on to it and do something to rectify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Nice one OP! Got 9 months for €9, no renewal now til 2013!

Advertisement