Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

budhabob wrote: »
    Also wondering about the cheapest reliable site for 12months gold live subscription. Thanks in advance.

Personally I always use this site:
    http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I rang xbox last week and they offered me one years subscription for €34.99

Is it a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

LaVail wrote: »
    I rang xbox last week and they offered me one years subscription for €34.99

Is it a good price?

I rang them tonight and was offered 12 month Gold for "39.99".

I said "that's euros?"

She said "no that's pounds".

She rooted around for a bit to find the euro price and I think she said 50 something, but by then I wasn't listening.

To be honest I wouldn't have paid €34.99 either, primarily for the way they make it so difficult to switch off auto-renew once they have your cc details (no you don't have to phone a UK number, but I had to do it twice within a few weeks earlier this year before it was off).

It's for £31.99 here, which is slightly more expensive, but I'd be more inclined to go with him than MS. Yes I used that site before. No relation. He will email the code fairly quickly. Make sure you buy the "UK and Europe" one rather than UK Only.

I rang them tonight and was offered 12 month Gold for "39.99".

I said "that's euros?"

She said "no that's pounds".

She rooted around for a bit to find the euro price and I think she said 50 something, but by then I wasn't listening.

To be honest I wouldn't have paid €34.99 either, primarily for the way they make it so difficult to switch off auto-renew once they have your cc details (no you don't have to phone a UK number, but I had to do it twice within a few weeks earlier this year before it was off).

It's for £31.99 here, which is slightly more expensive, but I'd be more inclined to go with him than MS. Yes I used that site before. No relation. He will email the code fairly quickly. Make sure you buy the "UK and Europe" one rather than UK Only.

I think I might cancel the subscription for €34.99 , I got 3 months for €8 and when I rang them up to cancel the auto renew the shoved the €34.99 subscription down my throat. Ill probably ring them tomorrow to cancel that because I still have a couple of months left out of the 3 months I signed up for. I could probably get it for cheaper on the internet when the time comes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Is this thread not a Sticky any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No.

The amount of stickies had to be reduced so they have been merged into one thread that has been stickied.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300650

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

LaVail wrote: »
    I think I might cancel the subscription for €34.99 , I got 3 months for €8 and when I rang them up to cancel the auto renew the shoved the €34.99 subscription down my throat. Ill probably ring them tomorrow to cancel that because I still have a couple of months left out of the 3 months I signed up for. I could probably get it for cheaper on the internet when the time comes anyway.

In fairness, €34.99 for 12 months xbl is not a bad deal at all. I know you can get them for in around €30, but your not saving a great deal of money considering it's a one off yearly cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

dont mean to change the subject but im wondering why i cant download fifa 10 or fifa 11 on the market,iv about 12000 points and the console will not let me purchase it,itl onli allow me to download the trial,any reasons for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭dunworth1

skinny90 wrote: »
    dont mean to change the subject but im wondering why i cant download fifa 10 or fifa 11 on the market,iv about 12000 points and the console will not let me purchase it,itl onli allow me to download the trial,any reasons for this?

i'm pretty sure you buy retail games with money (aka credit card) not points

Fifa 11 hasnt been added to games on demand yet.
    As for 10, im not sure why you cant dl that one.
    But to be honest, save your money and go buy it, its only like 4 euro in some places now.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Fifa 11 hasnt been added to games on demand yet.
    As for 10, im not sure why you cant dl that one.
    But to be honest, save your money and go buy it, its only like 4 euro in some places now.

sound will do...im completly new to xbox live and i got a gud few thousand points for free that i have to use by the end of the month,
    thanks anyways

sound will do...im completly new to xbox live and i got a gud few thousand points for free that i have to use by the end of the month,
    thanks anyways

Are you talking about "G" points? Brcause they are not microsoft currency ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure you buy retail games with money (aka credit card) not points
    If you press 'Y' (I think) on the Confirm Purchase screen and you can select to pay with your points.

Or you can purchase games on the website http://marketplace.xbox.com and use the following method.
    Can I use my credit card to purchase Games on Demand? What about other content on Xbox LIVE?

Since Games on Demand tend to be offered at a higher price point than other content on Xbox LIVE, you have the choice to purchase with either Microsoft Points or a credit card. All other Xbox LIVE content will continue to be purchased using Microsoft Points. To purchase Games on Demand using Microsoft Points, select “Download to Xbox 360” for the game. In the Confirmation screen, select the Microsoft Points tab.
    Link

ya i have microsoft points they have to be used by the end of this month cause they were for promotional use only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Did anyone happen to buy a gold membership when they were offering 2 free arcade titles (forget which two they were) with 12 months for €35.99? I renewed it last February and never got the games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone happen to buy a gold membership when they were offering 2 free arcade titles (forget which two they were) with 12 months for €35.99? I renewed it last February and never got the games...

R-Type was one, my brother renewed his with that offer and called them to remove the auto renew the same day and he did't get them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

1 month XBL for €1, can be done multiple times. Some report adding like a year, some report adding 5 months. Either way, win win!

http://view.engage.xbox.com/?j=fec81c767064007d&m=feca16717063047b&ls=fe2b157075650674721379&l=feb81c7877610d7a&s=fe30177776600c7d701570&jb=ff61157870&ju=fe5f157671660474741d&uid=101288815&tid=7287&r=0

Edit: Looks like when it stops you getting more months, you can get more using Paypal (goes up to June 2014 then?)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

koneko wrote: »
    1 month XBL for €1, can be done multiple times. Some report adding like a year, some report adding 5 months. Either way, win win!

http://view.engage.xbox.com/?j=fec81c767064007d&m=feca16717063047b&ls=fe2b157075650674721379&l=feb81c7877610d7a&s=fe30177776600c7d701570&jb=ff61157870&ju=fe5f157671660474741d&uid=101288815&tid=7287&r=0

Edit: Looks like when it stops you getting more months, you can get more using Paypal (goes up to June 2014 then?)

I added 18 mths through paypal

Now have gold till 22/12/2012 :)

Thanks OP

how do you get a more than 1 month option?

You have to do it 1 at a time

• Advertisement

koneko wrote: »
    You have to do it 1 at a time

So click the link, buy a month, close the page, click the link, buy a month again.. repeat like that?

Basically. Click the link, buy a month. Click the link, buy a month.
    When it gives you an error after a while, if you have a Paypal account, you can switch to that.

I'm all topped up till June 2014 ;)

I signed up there got 5 months for €5 :eek:

just got 6 months there for 6 quid. :D Happy days.

Although im already freaked about microsofts autorenew!

CMpunked wrote: »
    just got 6 months there for 6 quid. :D Happy days.

Although im already freaked about microsofts autorenew!

I rang to cancel mine straight away without any problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Should be make this a thread so people are more likely to see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Already started a thread over on Bargain Alerts a while back http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056306749

But then this guy comes along and tells me that I could lose my account :confused:
    You may of gotten 4 months but you will loose your GamerTag and game score.
    *New members only. Valid e-mail address required. Gift will be sent to the e-mail address provided within 14 days after registration is complete. Microsoft is not responsible for any errors that result in misdirected or non-delivered gifts.

Not sure what to make of that tbh. I managed to get 16 months for €16 though, so at the moment I'm very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Doesnt say anywhere it cant be done more than once.How were we to know (puts on puppy dog eyes).Only got 6 months out of them but does me up to Jan :)

jamescd wrote: »
    Already started a thread over on Bargain Alerts a while back http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056306749

But then this guy comes along and tells me that I could lose my account :confused:

Not sure what to make of that tbh. I managed to get 16 months for €16 though, so at the moment I'm very happy :D

There's no way you could lose your acc IMO because we didnt do anything wrong, the option was there to get a month for €1 and we took it. Its microsofts problem to make sure loopholes like that dont occur and can hardly be blamed on the consumer.

It doesnt say anywhere that "this can only be used once" etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

any more deal sites appear since the last post? I remember when this post was on top for a bit so I think it deserves a bit of a bump :)

Advertisement