Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Amazon back to 2100 for £14.99 if you can wait a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

HMV selling 12 month Xbox live gold for €39

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I went with these guys and wouldn't again. If you're a first time user they need to ring to confirm you're identity. As I cancelled my phone they cannot reach me. One day later and the same reply from them.They need to ring me . Ordered from elsewhere and got it with in 5 mins.
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    came across these guys they have 2100 points for £16 and email it within ten minutes

http://xboxcodesdirect.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I went with these guys and wouldn't again. If you're a first time user they need to ring to confirm you're identity. As I cancelled my phone they cannot reach me. One day later and the same reply from them.They need to ring me . Ordered from elsewhere and got it with in 5 mins.

+1 for that, ordered last night and they still haven't called plus not responding to E-mails, go with live-codes.com and have it straight away. Wonder if I just ignore the calls now will I just get refunded :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

came across these guys they have 2100 points for £16 and email it within ten minutes

http://xboxcodesdirect.co.uk/

That's not really much of a saving is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

That's not really much of a saving is it?

but a saving is a saving

i dont know what ye guys are talking about phone calls i didnt have to do anything

but a saving is a saving

i dont know what ye guys are talking about phone calls i didnt have to do anything

Maybe you got lucky. I still haven't recieved the code. When I get home I'll take a look at the paypal grievance process. It's only 7 euro but its just the principle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Maybe you got lucky. I still haven't recieved the code. When I get home I'll take a look at the paypal grievance process. It's only 7 euro but its just the principle

i got two emails off them one stating the code will arrive shortly
    and then the scanned picture of the code.

i got two emails off them one stating the code will arrive shortly
    and then the scanned picture of the code.
    I got the first email alright. Not the second though. I'll email them again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked up a 12 month gold membership for €39:99 in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Got an email from live-codes.com

Promotion - Discount On Microsoft Subscriptions & Points
    We are pleased to offer discounts at the following rates:
    Xbox Live Subscription Discounts:
    1 Month Xbox Live Save £0.45
    3 Months Xbox Live Save £0.45
    12 Months Xbox Live Save £3.00

Xbox Live Points Discounts:
    800 Microsoft Points Save £0.75
    1200 Microsoft Points Save £0.75
    2100 Microsoft Points Save £0.25
    4200 Microsoft Points Save £0.50

Promotion code: APRIL2011
    (expires 23:59 GMT, 8th April 2011)

Thanks,
    Live-Codes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Lads, I got the HALO Xbox 360 at Christmas. I was going to buy my first Xbox live subscription tomorrow but a mate told me that I would have gotten a free 30 day trial Gold Membership with the console? I've searched through the box but can't see anything. I think I already have a Silver is that right? But can't play online with this so if I have a free Gold trial I'll use that first.

Anyone know if one comes free with the HALO console?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi Shuffles,

What you need to do is create a profile on the console (presumably you have done this already) and then go to your account management and sign up to xbox live. It is free to get a Silver membership. It will prompt you to sign up for a Gold membership by entering credit card details or redeeming a code. If you select "no" (can't remember exact wording) but basically once you refuse the gold membership it will offer you a free months trial.

This was the case for any Xboxes I have come across and I presume will be the case here. :)

Edit: Just reading your post fully there - since you've already gone through the account creation and a silver Xbox account is in place perhaps it wasn't offered to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

http://www.gamesbites.com/Microsoft_Points

Go to these guys, they're cheaper again. Your man john has always looked after me. Worth a look for anyone who's looking.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

@Gamenash.ie:Pat:

Cheers for the info. Doesn't look like I got a free trial. I've had a previous 360 before this one so I've technically had an account for a few years. I just thought that with a new console I may have been given free live. Ah well, guess I'll just buy a 3 month subscription so.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

shuffles03 wrote: »
    @Gamenash.ie:Pat:

Cheers for the info. Doesn't look like I got a free trial. I've had a previous 360 before this one so I've technically had an account for a few years. I just thought that with a new console I may have been given free live. Ah well, guess I'll just buy a 3 month subscription so.

Ah - if you recovered an already existing gamer tag then it wouldn't have offered you a freebie. You may get offered it if you create a new tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Just ordered from Cheap Xbox Live Codes

£31.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Just ordered a code there through cheap xbox live codes but paid by paypal that had an old credit card number I have the replacement for it but didn't update system. Payment is being processed. Will this still go through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'm 99.9% certain it WON'T.
    Mind you, anything is possible. My bank cashes cheques that I forgot to sign. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

kleefarr wrote: »
    I'm 99.9% certain it WON'T.
    Mind you, anything is possible. My bank cashes cheques that I forgot to sign. :rolleyes:

Hate when that happens.

Does anyone know if HMV still have the 12 months for €39.99? And if not, wheres the best value right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MURDO

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Hate when that happens.

Does anyone know if HMV still have the 12 months for €39.99? And if not, wheres the best value right now?

I always get mine from here.
    http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/12-month-gold-membership-subscription/

Code is sent by e-mail. Very reliable.

Cheaper than what you've found so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Cheaper again on amazon (£30), but you're saving very little over buying it in a shop if you can get it for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

JUST FYI xbox will now be accepting payments by paypal starting after the next xbox firmware update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Hate when that happens.

Does anyone know if HMV still have the 12 months for €39.99?

Yes they are still selling it for €39.99 in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Which place will send me the code the quickest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Which place will send me the code the quickest?

I got the 1200 pts for black ops off this seller:

http://shop.ebay.ie/xboxliveuk/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Got the code in less than ten mins and worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Anyone know the cheapest site for 1 month or 3 months Gold XBL subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Anyone know the cheapest site for 1 month or 3 months Gold XBL subscription?

Also wondering about the cheapest reliable site for 12months gold live subscription. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Hi Shuffles,

What you need to do is create a profile on the console (presumably you have done this already) and then go to your account management and sign up to xbox live. It is free to get a Silver membership. It will prompt you to sign up for a Gold membership by entering credit card details or redeeming a code. If you select "no" (can't remember exact wording) but basically once you refuse the gold membership it will offer you a free months trial.

This was the case for any Xboxes I have come across and I presume will be the case here. :)

Edit: Just reading your post fully there - since you've already gone through the account creation and a silver Xbox account is in place perhaps it wasn't offered to you.

Just to add to what has been said. Every console will give 3 free 1 month trials.
    So that means you can creat 3 profiles and it will offer you a month of XBL. It must be done through the console tho

Advertisement