Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

another idea for eating out is ordering two starters instead of starter and main.. to be portion-size-wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

amira wrote: »
    another idea for eating out is ordering two starters instead of starter and main.. to be portion-size-wise..

thanks a mill to both of you for tips, do you have any tips on actual dishes to order? im not sure when eating out what is good/what is horrendous, like what is ok in an italian, indian (if anything) etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

kashmir wrote: »
    I am sure that points for the batch bread is way out. I remember pointing the small one (Brennans) and it wasn't much more than ordinary bread...they are smaller slices but don't think it could make that much of a difference .........would it?? tell me "NO">>>

I dream of chipper chips on batch with real butter melting, it's the one thing I crave when I'm abroad.

Lol, well I had hoped the leader was wrong,but one or two in class said same unfortunately. I might check myself when in shop. When you think about it though batch is a fair bit heavier than normal bread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

kildareash wrote: »
    Eek...I bought some for the OH the other day. Better not have any myself!
    hey i just checked the brennans website and its 4 propoints for 1 slice of batch bread and 7 for 2, 11 for 3, 15 for 4!!

scary but soo yummy!!

When I eat out I'll have a starter in place of main course and a dessert if I really fancy it,which I usually do cos I've a sweet tooth! Or I'll have two starters and fresh fruit for dessert.

• Advertisement

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey i just checked the brennans website and its 4 propoints for 1 slice of batch bread and 7 for 2, 11 for 3, 15 for 4!!

scary but soo yummy!!

What my leader also said is you really have to weigh it, still hoping she's wrong though!

m'lady wrote: »
    When I eat out I'll have a starter in place of main course and a dessert if I really fancy it,which I usually do cos I've a sweet tooth! Or I'll have two starters and fresh fruit for dessert.

thats a good idea, I find I can be good all week, then itll come to eating out and everything goes downhill from there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

EveT wrote: »
    thanks a mill to both of you for tips, do you have any tips on actual dishes to order? im not sure when eating out what is good/what is horrendous, like what is ok in an italian, indian (if anything) etc?

Well, i'm no expert.. but in case of italian food i'd go for pasta with tomato based sauces.. avoid creamy ones like white wine sauces or carbonara..
    If pizza, go for veggy ones.. and avoid also the bruschetta starters and such..
    lasagne has white sauce so i'd stay clear of that one too..

Indians is the same thing, loads of their dishes have creamy sauces, such as tikka masala, and korma.. so go for their oven baked dishes such us chicken tikka.. they also have tomato based sauces in their plates..
    avoid naan bread, poppadums and rich sauces..

Also, both type restaurants would have spicy sauces, and as far as i know spicy food helps speeding up the metabolism so if you like it hot, go for it!

amira wrote: »
    Well, i'm no expert.. but in case of italian food i'd go for pasta with tomato based sauces.. avoid creamy ones like white wine sauces or carbonara..
    If pizza, go for veggy ones.. and avoid also the bruschetta starters and such..
    lasagne has white sauce so i'd stay clear of that one too..

Indians is the same thing, loads of their dishes have creamy sauces, such as tikka masala, and korma.. so go for their oven baked dishes such us chicken tikka.. they also have tomato based sauces in their plates..
    avoid naan bread, poppadums and rich sauces..

Also, both type restaurants would have spicy sauces, and as far as i know spicy food helps speeding up the metabolism so if you like it hot, go for it!

oh thank you, thats a great help, Id never have known bruchetta was bad! I love italian so much and everything seems bad with all the carbs and oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

god i hate my local super value....they just looked at me like i as a freak when i asked if there was any Quorn mince. Had to get turkey mince instead!

ugh! the Quorn mince works out at WAY better value points wise and money wise! 300g turkey mince for 3 euro....

150g of Quorn mince......is a hell of alot more food on the plate than 150g turkey mince!

i like big portions....i'm a total foodie....i'd rather spend points on a nice big portion of something low in fat....then a smallish portion of a full fat food.

*stomps stomps stomps*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    god i hate my local super value....they just looked at me like i as a freak when i asked if there was any Quorn mince. Had to get turkey mince instead!

ugh! the Quorn mince works out at WAY better value points wise and money wise! 300g turkey mince for 3 euro....

150g of Quorn mince......is a hell of alot more food on the plate than 150g turkey mince!

i like big portions....i'm a total foodie....i'd rather spend points on a nice big portion of something low in fat....then a smallish portion of a full fat food.

*stomps stomps stomps*

Ha ha I'm exactly the same!!!

Has anyone tried the frozen stirfrys from Lidl?
    They are on sale at the moment for €1.50 and are yummy.
    3pp for 100g - there's about 750g in the bag so half of it is about 12pp.
    Stick in loads of extra mushrooms etc and you have a FEAST!
    I'd recommend the bami goreng, yum.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Was thinking of having bacon for dinner, but can't find points anywhere, seems to only be rashers. Proper bacon like bacon and cabbage. Anyone had this and pointed it??
    Tanx

hey i have a back bacon boiling at the mo for tomarrows dinner and it has nutritional info on it and it says for a 50g portion slice is 2pp:)... hope this helps:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hey all....in great form today!! Went dress shopping and ordered THE ONE :D!!! Oh I love it and it will be in the middle of May so gives me plenty of time to get myself in shape and I have my hen's on the weekend of the 20th so I can get my dress fitting during the week of 13th - 20th May and then go WILD for the Hen party :D!!!

Then we went down to 2 shops to look at suits for hubby to be!! Oh god, he looked so good in them...We can't decide which to go for as they were both so different but both so nice!!

On the food front, I went for lunch with my sisters afer dress shopping and had a wrap with chicken, bacon, swiss cheese & sweet chilli sauce (ate about 3/4 of it) and a small chips but I hadn't had anything before that and nothing since...think i'll just grab something light this evening!!

Have my WI tomorrow night....was gonna go tonight cuz am really anxious to get on the scales, but in a good way! Held off but can't wait to get down there tomorrow...hope i am still this happy tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

thanks everyone:D!!! good day today cooked my pizza baguettes for dinner tonight yummy:P had the two of them cause i had alot of points left...

i got the eating out guide at weigh in last nite and im kinda disapointed... its such a pity they dont have an irish eating out revsion:mad: and there no information about eating chipper food...

although i am already planning on a trip to mcdonalds this wkend to use some of my weeklies:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Just back from my weigh in, was down 7 pounds!:eek:Don't know how I was down so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Just back from my WI, down 2.5, 13.5 in 6 weeks :)

Going to miss my usual meeting next week.... I can go to one in the morning (different leader) but I don't know is this wise? Would I get a false reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

eok56 wrote: »
    Just back from my WI, down 2.5, 13.5 in 6 weeks :)

Going to miss my usual meeting next week.... I can go to one in the morning (different leader) but I don't know is this wise? Would I get a false reading?

I sometimes go to a meeting at lunch time if I can't make my usual evening one. Don't feel it makes that much difference to be honest.

I could possibly go to one the evening before still a different leader, but then it would be one day over a week before my next meeting, so would this count as a missed week?

Don't know what is better go to one the same day in the morning or the evening before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Before I catch up on the days posts I thought id post about WI.

Down 2lbs :D Yay!!! Felt so bloated yday and TOTM due this week I thought I would be up or sts. Delighted, even more delighted cos now I am in the 15's (15st 13.5lbs but hey still the 15's wooo)!!!

So far 31.5lbs lost (since Nov 2010), long way to go but excited about the journey!!

newbee22 wrote: »
    Just back from my weigh in, was down 7 pounds!:eek:Don't know how I was down so much!

Well done!! Thats great!! I only saw those kinda numbers (not even that much, like 5, 4, 4.5) in the first few weeks of WW.

What's your secret? Hee hee!!

Would you mind posting a typical day food diary if u have the time, would love to see!

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Before I catch up on the days posts I thought id post about WI.

Down 2lbs :D Yay!!! Felt so bloated yday and TOTM due this week I thought I would be up or sts. Delighted, even more delighted cos now I am in the 15's (15st 13.5lbs but hey still the 15's wooo)!!!

So far 31.5lbs lost (since Nov 2010), long way to go but excited about the journey!!

Congrats, that is a massive loss in total!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

great losses tonight! Keep up the good work!

*nom nom nom*

Feels so wrong sitting down to a big plate of spuds :)

500g of baby potatoes boiled (told ye all i was a big portion gal)
    1 baked chicken breast
    Chicken Gravy made with 15g of granules
    total = 16pp!

*nom nom nom*

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Monife wrote: »
    Well done!! Thats great!! I only saw those kinda numbers (not even that much, like 5, 4, 4.5) in the first few weeks of WW.

What's your secret? Hee hee!!

Would you mind posting a typical day food diary if u have the time, would love to see!

It's my first week losing that much! Think it's because I had totm last week and was so bloated, lost 2 pounds so think some of the lbs lost could be from last week! Left my tracker in the car, but will post up later/tomorrow afternoon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 2lbs tonight but I'm kinda disappointed with that because I was up 1.5lbs last week due to TOTM so really it's only 0.5lbs down after 2 really good weeks. At least it's down though.

On the issue of weeklies my leader said that people she has talked to have different views on them. Some people use them all and lose loads of weight while others can only lose using some of them. The official line is that you should be using them all and losing 1lb a week. This is to help you keep the weight off once you reach goal because once you reach goal you have to use your weeklies. Hope that clears it up a bit. What I'm going to do is on weeks where I don't have big events that I'll need them for, I'm going to allocate 4 weeklies a day making my dailies 33pp. Then I have 21 points left for emergencies. I'm going to see how this works out.

A lady in our class said that the Avonmore low fat supermilk is the same points as the slimline milk. This is great for me because my family drink the supermilk so it'll save me money now :)

Also there's reduced fat crisps in M&S that are only 1pp per bag if anyone is looking for low fat snacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

well i made the cottage pie. followed it to the letter but found it dry... its ok to eat but not happy ive only tasted it as in 2 minds if to eat it.... IF i dont any alternatives would any1 suggest? quick and easy, not in mood of slaving all night :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

well i made the cottage pie. followed it to the letter but found it dry... its ok to eat but not happy ive only tasted it as in 2 minds if to eat it.... IF i dont any alternatives would any1 suggest? quick and easy, not in mood of slaving all night :-(

I made it too but made some changes. I added mushrooms, celery, chili pepper and cayenne pepper (I like my heat :D) Instead of mashing the potatoes I decided to par boil potato slices and spread them on top with a sprinkle of cheese. OH said it was nicest one he ever tasted!! Kids didn't even notice the quorn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

I amazingly have 7 pp left for the evening and Iv just had a bowl of fruit salad and yogurt. Any suggestions how to spend my points?? Something nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    I made it too but made some changes. I added mushrooms, celery, chili pepper and cayenne pepper (I like my heat :D) Instead of mashing the potatoes I decided to par boil potato slices and spread them on top with a sprinkle of cheese. OH said it was nicest one he ever tasted!! Kids didn't even notice the quorn ;)

I didnt put the spices into it but used the tomato puree and garlic etc.. im not happy.. OH thinks its not great as my usual one is lovely but sumthing went wrong Arghhhhhhh

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Down 2lbs tonight but I'm kinda disappointed with that because I was up 1.5lbs last week due to TOTM so really it's only 0.5lbs down after 2 really good weeks. At least it's down though.

On the issue of weeklies my leader said that people she has talked to have different views on them. Some people use them all and lose loads of weight while others can only lose using some of them. The official line is that you should be using them all and losing 1lb a week. This is to help you keep the weight off once you reach goal because once you reach goal you have to use your weeklies. Hope that clears it up a bit. What I'm going to do is on weeks where I don't have big events that I'll need them for, I'm going to allocate 4 weeklies a day making my dailies 33pp. Then I have 21 points left for emergencies. I'm going to see how this works out.

A lady in our class said that the Avonmore low fat supermilk is the same points as the slimline milk. This is great for me because my family drink the supermilk so it'll save me money now :)

Also there's reduced fat crisps in M&S that are only 1pp per bag if anyone is looking for low fat snacks :D

Hi Eabha, don't be disheartened. That's a great loss. Not last week, but the week before I lost 1lb and was really p***ed off and went off the rails, lucky enough I sts the following week. Also, if you have done much exercise, you might have gained some muscle. I think I would of had a bigger number this week if I hadnt exercised 6 out 7 days (sounds silly I know but I would say I am gaining some muscle at this stage).

Re: the weeklies. Also asked my leader and she said pretty much the same as yours. She said if you dont need all of them then dont use them. She said you should try and use some of them as your weightloss would be more sustainable and give you an idea of maintenance even though you would have more then. I used all weeklies and dailies this week and lost 2lb. Nothing planned this week except lunch with my mum (so hopefully will choose the healthy option) so I am going to try just use about half of my weeklies (need them for my few vodkas and nibbles on the weekend) and see how WI goes next week.

Do you know what the M&S crisps are called or look like? :)

3PP left, think I deserve a treat. Going to have some tesco light choices vaniletta icecream with some raspberries on top nom nom nom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Hey guys..
    Great weight losses this week, keep in up!
    Is it true ginger nut biscuits are only 1 pp?? Just pointed them there but it seems too good to be true and it usually is!

Also, could anyone suggest a nice sauce for a pasta bake? Gonna chance making one tomorrow..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement