Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CFitz1810

Hi everyone, I had my WI on Monday and lost 1/2 lb even after the feasco with the walnuts so that's a total of 4 1/2 lbs, not too bad even though I wish it were more. I got the WW toffee bars at the last meeting and they are only 2PP and really fills the gap if you have a chocolate craving. Keep up the great work and thanks for all of the post they really keep me motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

dammitj wrote: »
    Are there many pp in potato salad?
    I just had about a tablespoon of it in the work canteen as I was feeling adventurous and my ww bread and ww tuna sandwich just needed a little extra ...

:P

Depends on the mayo used. On weightwatchersonline.co.uk it is pointed as 5 for 250g.

izzy24 wrote: »
    Had my weigh in last nite...Delighted was down 1 lbs:D so thats 10 lbs in two week:D... wohoo... Fingers crossed mite get my stone next week so...

Thats great, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

... the home scales tells me I'm 3lb lighter than the scales in my class.
    Does anyone else find this?

:confused:

Omg, I have a very old, non-digital (duno what you call it) scales and it always tells me I am a few lbs heavier than the WW scales. Sometimes I forget and hop and on and shriek at the sight of being like 3 or 4 lbs up and then go to WI and I am down. Sometimes it is close enough to my actual weight though... So duno what the story is with it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

I pointed that type of ham. 100g is 3pp.

Good luck :)

Is thatcooked weight or raw weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I eat out a lot, and much of the food I eat is not easily pointable, so I am a guesstimater. (Yes, I have heard the guessing-is-messing mantra!)

Our leader has pretty much told us now that if we don't point and track properly, there is almost no point in continuing with WW, but I do want to go on the way i am.

Does anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Hi does anyone know the difference between he USA Points Plus and the UK Pro Points systems?

I am trying to follow online but can only find a USA Point Plus calculator.
    I am taking it that my allowence is 29 points- same as UK?

Thanks!

Hi Smileyface, I'm American but living over here. The difference maybe that in the states we weigh our food in ounces and over here you weight it grams. My sister was doing the program in the states and that was the only difference we found was different. Most digital food scales change from grams to ounces if you are making a recipe from the states. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

CFitz1810 wrote: »
    Hi Smileyface, I'm American but living over here. The difference maybe that in the states we weigh our food in ounces and over here you weight it grams. My sister was doing the program in the states and that was the only difference we found was different. Most digital food scales change from grams to ounces if you are making a recipe from the states. Hope this helps.

US WW has a bias against all fats but UK WW has a particular bias against saturated fat I thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

After going so well this week and tracking every mouthful and not using any weeklies, disaster has struck! :( I had to go to an off-site meeting this morning for work and then had to stick around to have lunch in the hotel that the meeting was in! The lunch was cream of broccoli soup and some sandwiches! I had the soup and then two salad sandwiches. Can someone tell me the points?

I think the sandwiches are ok because they were only 1/4 sambos, so I count:
    • 1 slice of bread = 2pp
    • butter = 1 pp
    I'm nervous that the soup has thrown out my whole day as our leader says creamed soup can be up to 8pp per bowl :eek:

I'm so angry because no one at work mentioned lunch being part of the meeting and I had my lovely WW Spicy Lentil Soup with me for lunch! GRRRRR

HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

US WW has a bias against all fats but UK WW has a particular bias against saturated fat I thought?
    No it has changed with the new propoints system, it takes into account protein, fat, carbs and fiber, it makes a lot of the foods that were previously impossible to have more easy to include in your diet eg cheese, beef, nuts. I am able to include fat in my diet and eat within my daily points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Is thatcooked weight or raw weight?

its cooked!! not too bad, defo worth it! :) yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just back from WI..was down 3.5lbs :D..that smiley actually resembles my facial expression this afternoon. Getting funny looks in the office.
    That's a total of 10.5lbs on the propoints plan.
    I know some people are finding it difficult, and are disappointed when they only loose a 1lb but maybe you are expecting too much of yourself?
    Didn't go to my usual class today but the leader had about 10 everyday items and we had to guesstimate how many points was in it. I was over-estimating on most! So my goal for this week is to pay more attention to my portion sizes!

There was a girl in the class today who had lost 100lbs :eek:...she looked great. I think it was her mum who was with her and she was so happy she cried when the leader announced it to the class.
    Monife wrote: »
    Omg, I have a very old, non-digital (duno what you call it) scales and it always tells me I am a few lbs heavier than the WW scales. Sometimes I forget and hop and on and shriek at the sight of being like 3 or 4 lbs up and then go to WI and I am down. Sometimes it is close enough to my actual weight though... So duno what the story is with it. :confused:
    My bockety (is that a word) old scales at home tells me I'm under 14 and a half stone. I just look at where the hand is, and I'll know if I'm up or down. I don't really go by it tho, as sometimes when I hop up on it I could be a stone heavier and other times I could be a couple of stones lighter!ha!
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    After going so well this week and tracking every mouthful and not using any weeklies, disaster has struck! I'm nervous that the soup has thrown out my whole day as our leader says creamed soup can be up to 8pp per bowl :eek:

I'm sorry I can't help with the points in the soup. But try not to let it throw you off too much. None of us are going to WW because we had one bowl of creamed soup! I can't imagine that one meal would outweigh all the good work you've done this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Had eaten two slices when i seen this ...Boo lol Bold Johnson mooney & O Brien

:) As many have said, many times, it's not the extra one slice of bread that has us following propoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Just a quick word of warning ladies, we were told in our class today that batch bread is 12 pp for two slices!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

up 1.5 this week :( need motivation to get back on track! didnt think I was that bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chrissie1985

1st weigh in today not looking forward to it all. Having trouble with the pp anyone any hints?

Hey girls ,

just wondering if some of you could give your views , opinions , comments on my diary for today.

Im on nights so finished work at 6 am , home to bed and up at 12 to go to WI , was up 4 so trying to be really careful this week. went back to bed at 2 till 3.30.

4pm - brekkie .

30 g rice krispies .
    slimlime milk.
    cup of tea.
    banana.

5.30pm

bowl of no points soup.
    1 slice of soda bread & light butter.

Went to boxercise from 8 - 9 so didnt have time to make a dinner . home at 9.30 , shower and in work for ten.

10.30 pm

two slices of bb , 1 egg, salad and light mayo.
    can of diet coke.
    king lite.

01.00am

30 g light cheese and pickled onions.

so far today ive drank ,1 pint of water, two small bottles and two cans of diet coke.

You are eating too little...especially if you are exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

m'lady wrote: »
    Just a quick word of warning ladies, we were told in our class today that batch bread is 12 pp for two slices!

Eek...I bought some for the OH the other day. Better not have any myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

kildareash wrote: »
    Eek...I bought some for the OH the other day. Better not have any myself!

My daughter loves it, but I'm refusing to buy it now! I love it with real butter, Jesus that would bring it up to at least 16 points!

My daughter loves it, but I'm refusing to buy it now! I love it with real butter, Jesus that would bring it up to at least 16 points!

thats scary!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife wrote: »

There are numerous of reasons why your scales could be different. Are you weighing yourself in the exact same clothes and at the exact same time as WW? You can be 3-5lbs heavier/lighter at various times throughout the day. If I weigh myself at home it would normally be my naked weight which will be a few lbs lighter. You can also find that on different floor surfaces it can have an effect on the scales. If you move your own scales to a different room they will probably show a different weight. I used to weigh myself at home but it became a bad habit so this week I'm waiting for my WI tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Do you guys weigh yourselves at home too?
    I took a break from WW from Nov to Jan & bought myself a WW scales.
    I managed to only gain 3.5lbs in the 2 months so was delighted however ...

... the home scales tells me I'm 3lb lighter than the scales in my class.
    Does anyone else find this?

:confused:
    all scales will tell you different weights,,i have the ww scales at home too and i've always been 2lbs lighter on my home one:rolleyes: i dont mind as long as it keeps coming down:D

Does anyone know if exercising before your WI is good or bad or doesn't have an effect on your WI? My WI is at 6.30 and I'm thinking of doing an exercise DVD in a bit but afraid it might have a bad affect?

Also someone was asking before about exercise DVDs. I've started using Davina McCalls Workout and I was really expecting much when I started but I've found it to be very good. I feel toned and slimmer and I was sweating after about 10 minutes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Does anyone know if exercising before your WI is good or bad or doesn't have an effect on your WI? My WI is at 6.30 and I'm thinking of doing an exercise DVD in a bit but afraid it might have a bad affect?

Also someone was asking before about exercise DVDs. I've started using Davina McCalls Workout and I was really expecting much when I started but I've found it to be very good. I feel toned and slimmer and I was sweating after about 10 minutes of it.

Well, I'd say it shouldnt necessarily affect the WI, but I wouldnt do it myself..
    You need to drink water while exercising, it's a must!! and i know you're also losing fluids by sweating, but it will sure not break even.
    As some posters were mentioning on the last few days, 1 pint of water could reflect 1lb up on the scales..

Just my two cents on that.. :rolleyes:

I am sure that points for the batch bread is way out. I remember pointing the small one (Brennans) and it wasn't much more than ordinary bread...they are smaller slices but don't think it could make that much of a difference .........would it?? tell me "NO">>>

I dream of chipper chips on batch with real butter melting, it's the one thing I crave when I'm abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Cake sale at work today, went totally over board how am I going to point this!!! First day of my new week and totally messed up:(

:) Here is the deal.

Brennans Batch Bread 800g White & Hi Fibre is 4 pp per slice and 8pp for two slices. This is the same as a demi baguette btw..

Brennans Batch Bread 400g White (smaller slices) is 2pp per slice and 4pp for two slices. This is the same if not lower than "normal" bread.

I just got the nutro info from the Brennans website.

No doubt there may be 12 propoints in the batch loaf (not already sliced) if you cut bigger slices, but I don't think WW leader should be frightening people at meetings with generalisations.

No, I don't work for Brennans...just love my batch!!

so I think this is how I put on my 1.5 pounds this week....had a pizza on saturday, full of cheese. Going for tapas this week, finding the eating out really tough. If I was to go for thai or chinese Id be ok, Id know what to order, but a lot of places I dont.... what do people eat when theyre out? In an italian, mexican, indian, fast food? I used to eat out a lot, thats where im struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hi all everyone doing great my weight n is tomorrow at 6 hope 2 be down a few track every day was out sat nite for a meal going out sat nite for a meal again have nothing on for a few weeks walked every day went on vibroplate half hour every day time of month due tomorrow if im down 2 be happy out good luck every one who has weight n 2nite :)

• Advertisement

EveT wrote: »
    so I think this is how I put on my 1.5 pounds this week....had a pizza on saturday, full of cheese. Going for tapas this week, finding the eating out really tough. If I was to go for thai or chinese Id be ok, Id know what to order, but a lot of places I dont.... what do people eat when theyre out? In an italian, mexican, indian, fast food? I used to eat out a lot, thats where im struggling!

Our leader was talking about eating out a few weeks ago and she gave us loads of tips. Go onto the website of the place you're going to and see if they have their menu up. Then choose before you go what looks to be the healthiest option. Ask for sauces on the side, ask them to leave out cheese or anything that is really high points. Most restaurants cook to serve so it is not too much hassle for them to cook it the way you like. Don't have the bread in front of you so it's easy to reach for. If the people you are with don't want bread then ask the waiter to take it away. Don't order the wine until your main meal. If you want dessert share it with someone. If you're having desert maybe skip the starter. Hope that helps a little bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement