Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight! Hope to God, I get a loss because I've been so good, bar yesterdays lunch incident!

Have a really nice lunch with me today, a slice of bread that I will toast and then put on a tin of WW tuna with Sweetcorn & mayo (2pp), red peppers, cucumber and beetroot! Also, have one of the Irish Yogurts Diet yogurts (2pp) which I will have around 3pm so that I don't faint with the hunger as WI not till 7pm so no dinner until after 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kildareash wrote: »
    Fofany, I think you're great foe checking in here everyday even tho your on hols.

Can't imagine how hard it is to eat healthily in a place like Disneyland when the majority of food available is fast and overly processed.

Hope your little one feels better tomorrow x

I think I have become addicted to this thread. Everyone on here is so encouraging, but unfortunately, I think I left my motivation at the airport! Holiday mode has definitely taken over & I don't feel guilty. Luckily we are staying in a house about 10 mins away from Disney on the bus, so the self catering option means it is easier to watch what I'm eating. I agree about the food there - very processed & very expensive!

My daughter seems to be feeling better - hasn't brought her breakfast up yet! Don't think I could get to Paris though & leave OH to look after them both as I think we'll have to hire a buggy for her if we do into Disney later & he won't be able to push 2 of them around as our youngest is still in a buggy too. But at least I should get out of the house today & feel like I'm on holiday again.

I don't plan on eating in Disney today, so hopefully today will be healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

does anyone know how many pp's in the heinz beans snap pots?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

WI last night and lost another pound. So I think the theory of eating all your weeklies and losing a pound is true! But I'm happy with that. Down 5.5lb since I quit smoking :)

Tell me, does anyone know the pp in Singapore Chow Mein?
    I think it used to be one of the lowest point-wise in the old system but I asked my leader last night and she didn't think so. Hmmmm.

HELP!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

EveT wrote: »
    does anyone know how many pp's in the heinz beans snap pots?

4 Propoints I think. I had one a couple of wks ago for lunch & pointed when I got home it's quite high but then it is a 200g tub but if you have on toast you're going up another 4-5 pp depending on the bread, I was raging afterwards thinking I could have had a chicken stirfry for less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 BallyEllen

Had weigh-in last night. Just down half a pound. I know its down and thats good but felt like I should have had better result.... maybe next week.

Going to swap having my dinner at lunchtime rather than evening time for the next week to see if it makes any difference. I seem to be at a real go-slow at the moment and although I know i've lost quite a lot todate its frustrating to be putting in a lot of effort and not see the result on the scales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

dammitj wrote: »
    WI last night and lost another pound. So I think the theory of eating all your weeklies and losing a pound is true! But I'm happy with that. Down 5.5lb since I quit smoking :)

I think it used to be one of the lowest point-wise in the old system but I asked my leader last night and she didn't think so. Hmmmm.

HELP!

You are doing great! Well done. Most importantly, keep reminding yourselve that quitting smoking is THE BEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE!

WW is a great focus though and makes you feel doubly better and even healthier.

I'm three years off the smokes and three years maintaining my weight and I have never looked back.

Keep Smiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I think it used to be one of the lowest point-wise in the old system but I asked my leader last night and she didn't think so.

Is that out of the take-away? Our leader said that Chow Mein is one of the best dishes to get out of the Chinese - about 10pp per lunchbox size portion! Great value! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Had my WI last night lost 1.5 lb which brings my total loss to 22 lbs very pleased with myself :D

Really enjoying this thread its a great support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    M'lady that is such a great attitude to have! I want some of your motivation! It's so hard not to throw in the towel after a gain/sts...[/QUOTE

Thank you so much pixie girl, really appreciate your comment! Before when I was in ww I'd have thrown the towel in, or it would have been an excuse to go on a binge, and then just not return to ww, not this time. I realise now that this is for life, and there will be bad weeks, but the following week hopefully will make up for it. Another thing is I can actually 'feel' that I've lost inches, so I'm quite happy. This week I'm making it my business to walk more,drink more water and have less treats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all,
    well WI last night and STS...grrrrr was down 3 last week, really upped my exercise this week too, spinning classed twice, treadmill nearly every day (running) and davina exercise dvd's!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it is not eating all my daily points, I do struggle sometimes, if I have some left over I will eat something that is really bad for me...like last Mon I had 8 left so I had a can of bulmers!!! ( it was lovely!) ! duh...
    anyway my leader said weight loss goes in cycles too, so maybe next week it will show,have 2 stone to go, been a very slow start for me:confused:
    plan plan plan and track track track...
    well done on all the losses...this thread gives me a good kick up the a** I need!! :)

kashmir wrote: »
    You are doing great! Well done. Most importantly, keep reminding yourselve that quitting smoking is THE BEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE!

WW is a great focus though and makes you feel doubly better and even healthier.

I'm three years off the smokes and three years maintaining my weight and I have never looked back.

Keep Smiling.

Thanks Kashmir!
    Yeah it feels great quitting the smokes, 7 weeks on sunday, I will NEVER smoke again!

Fair play to you, 3 years, that's fantastic!
    I read the Allen Carr book and found it great!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Is that out of the take-away? Our leader said that Chow Mein is one of the best dishes to get out of the Chinese - about 10pp per lunchbox size portion! Great value! :D

Yeah it's from a takeaway.
    I assumed sinagapore chow mein would be low since it's dry and there's not much meat in it, but I want to find out for sure as I love it!
    Lovely and spicy, yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Hi all,

had my WI yesterday and down 1.5lbs.. which i guess is good after all the Valentine's excesses.. altho i'm pretty sure i stayed within pp tolerance..

I know i'm not doing much excercise.. i just walk the dog evyday.. but they're not very long walks coz of the weather, mostly.. and coz by the time i get home is dark.. but nites are getting brighter so soon i'll be able to go for longer walks..

Thing is i'd like to see more of a 2 lb loss.. at least some week.. :rolleyes:

good thing is even tho the loss is not great, is a loss!! but it's so hard to lose it.. and then one mistake and you ruin it all so quickly!!! ah well, let's just try and not make mistakes then..

Oh, nearly forgot to say.. yesterday in the meeting we got a 2011 calendar and it had a few recipe suggestions that looked great!! guess they probably come in the cook book too, dunno. Did anybody else got this calendar?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

irishfm wrote: »
    Had my WI last night lost 1.5 lb which brings my total loss to 22 lbs very pleased with myself :D

Really enjoying this thread its a great support
    well done!!! i was 1.5 down last night too and 20.5 in total...feels good doesnt it!!

aiming for 2.5 next week to get to goal weight!!
    im determined this week, even though there will be alot of nights out and meals out this weekend!! :(

well done everyone else on there loses!!

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    well done!!! i was 1.5 down last night too and 20.5 in total...feels good doesnt it!!

im determined this week, even though there will be alot of nights out and meals out this weekend!! :(

Wow well done! I'd love to be so close to goal!

I have no idea what my goal is but I assume they tell you when you're near it???

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

m'lady wrote: »
    Thank you so much pixie girl, really appreciate your comment! Before when I was in ww I'd have thrown the towel in, or it would have been an excuse to go on a binge, and then just not return to ww, not this time. I realise now that this is for life, and there will be bad weeks, but the following week hopefully will make up for it. Another thing is I can actually 'feel' that I've lost inches, so I'm quite happy. This week I'm making it my business to walk more,drink more water and have less treats!

Yeah I really felt like going on a binge now last nite cos I was so dissapointed but I didn't :D

I, like you, am finally realising that this is for life and even after a bad weigh in you have to stick with it... Now im even more determined to have a good week this week and fingers crossed it will show at next weeks weigh in!

I must start measuring myself actually, thats a good idea... Do u just take note of your waist measurements every week or what way do u do it?

Wow well done! I'd love to be so close to goal!

I have no idea what my goal is but I assume they tell you when you're near it???
    aww thanks, my goal was 10st 10 when i started back in ww 5 years ago at 12st 13 but when i rejoined for the millionth time i started on a new card at 11st 13 my goal had changed to 10st 4 for some reason!!?? but my own personal goal is to 9st 13.5.....be amazing to actually be in the 9st bracket!!

just ask you teacher about your goal...it comes up on the screen somewhere, but it also has it in the starter book what your goal should be!!

Oh right cool, must do that!

I started last year at 13 st 11.5lbs and I was devestated!

Now I'm at 11st 5lbs and am hoping my goal is about 10.5 stone so I can stop paying, ha ha!! I'm 5'7" so I'm thinking that sounds about right.
    Although my own personal goal is to get to 10st by christmas - only 19lbs to go!

Well done us!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

HELP!

Hey i just had a look at my eating out guide for u and its says a Mushroom Chow Mein is 6pp and Special Chow Mein is 9pp... Now only thing it mentions about Singapore is in the side orders where it says Rice Noodles 'Singapore' stlye 14pp.

hope this help in some way...:)

• Advertisement

Thanks Izzy!

Yeah I had a look at that last night but I'm not sure how accurate it is since singapore chow mein is a main dish ... hmmmm ... confusing!!!

Maybe I should just switch to mushroom chow mein.
    :(

your doing amazing, wont be long till your hit goal at all at that rate!!
    i know be soo good to be free...40 euro saving could defo be spent on something else....like towards a new wardrobe!!

im only 5"5 so your goal could be 10st 8 even as your taller!! :)

I must find out, that would be great!

Oh yeah an extra 40 quid a month to spend on new smaller clothes, yippee!!

Wonder if the government would take it off us though as a skinny tax?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Ha ha I'm exactly the same!!!

Has anyone tried the frozen stirfrys from Lidl?
    They are on sale at the moment for €1.50 and are yummy.
    3pp for 100g - there's about 750g in the bag so half of it is about 12pp.
    Stick in loads of extra mushrooms etc and you have a FEAST!
    I'd recommend the bami goreng, yum.

:)
    You have just saved my life (or diet), kids are sick all week havent been able to get to do a right shop and supplies are running low. Your post just reminded me that I bought a bag of bami goreng a couple of weeks ago its out in the freezer forgot all about it! Just pointed it at 10pp for 350g, but it doesnt list the fiber content so hope thats accurate. I will add in some mushrooms and a bit of big als chicken fahita strips pp3 100g, and remove some of the noodles as there is quiet a lot of them. Thanks again.
    Well done on the great weight losses everyone, this tread is really busy at the moment I dont think I will ever manage to catch up on all the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

shanasue wrote: »
    Hi all,
    well WI last night and STS...grrrrr was down 3 last week, really upped my exercise this week too, spinning classed twice, treadmill nearly every day (running) and davina exercise dvd's!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it is not eating all my daily points, I do struggle sometimes, if I have some left over I will eat something that is really bad for me...like last Mon I had 8 left so I had a can of bulmers!!! ( it was lovely!) ! duh...
    anyway my leader said weight loss goes in cycles too, so maybe next week it will show,have 2 stone to go, been a very slow start for me:confused:
    plan plan plan and track track track...
    well done on all the losses...this thread gives me a good kick up the a** I need!! :)
    Hi shanasue,
    I'd say if you're doing a lot of exercise you would want to be eating all your dailies at least.
    I think it was Lady Lainy who was saying that she needs to eat her exercise points too.
    Dubgirlww wrote: »

Lucky you! Fingers crossed you get to goal next wk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hi kildareash, your right about eating all my points, I have upped my protien in take, i was just having soup for lunch but now having tuna etc...spinning is a killer on the muscles so need the protien!
    I did a exercise boot camp for a month 2 yrs ago, 5 nights a week cardio, circiuts etc it was great, lost a stone and 18 inches!!!!!!! kept it off for ages but once you stop the exercising its so hard to get back in to it, spring is here now so energy is up and everyone I know seems to be doing 5k's and 10k's so that has gotten me off my ass!! have started measuring my self, I put them on my WW card and will measure every 2 weeks, its great to see the pounds coming down but even better to see the inches!!

astra2000 wrote: »
    You have just saved my life (or diet), kids are sick all week havent been able to get to do a right shop and supplies are running low. Your post just reminded me that I bought a bag of bami goreng a couple of weeks ago its out in the freezer forgot all about it! Just pointed it at 10pp for 350g, but it doesnt list the fiber content so hope thats accurate. I will add in some mushrooms and a bit of big als chicken fahita strips pp3 100g, and remove some of the noodles as there is quiet a lot of them. Thanks again.
    Well done on the great weight losses everyone, this tread is really busy at the moment I dont think I will ever manage to catch up on all the posts.

Yeah I dunno what the story is with the fibre, but we can only do our best!
    It's mostly veggies and meat so I'm sure it can't be too much more than 3pp for 100g anyway. I've had it quite a few times since I went back to WW in January and I've lost weight every week so it can't be too bad!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well done everyone on your losses. :)

Sadly I'm not with you this week. I was up a pound at my WI on Tues night which I wasn't surprised about. I had a bad week which was finished off with a big Chinese on valentine's night and my TOTM!
    I got some bad news on Monday which means I have to have some fairly major surgery done and I'll be on the couch for 6-8 weeks!
    There are a million reasons I'm upset about this but one of them is that I've been doing quite well on WW and now I'll be sitting on the couch, probably stuffing my face out of boredom and unable to move to work any of it off - for 6 whole weeks! :eek:

Anyway, that's at the end of March so I'll just have to try to get as much weight off as I can before then for "damage limitation!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

bubbaloo wrote: »

Sadly I'm not with you this week. I was up a pound at my WI on Tues night which I wasn't surprised about. I had a bad week which was finished off with a big Chinese on valentine's night and my TOTM!
    I got some bad news on Monday which means I have to have some fairly major surgery done and I'll be on the couch for 6-8 weeks!
    There are a million reasons I'm upset about this but one of them is that I've been doing quite well on WW and now I'll be sitting on the couch, probably stuffing my face out of boredom and unable to move to work any of it off - for 6 whole weeks! :eek:

Anyway, that's at the end of March so I'll just have to try to get as much weight off as I can before then for "damage limitation!".

Ah I am sorry that you have to go through a big op, I am sure it must be hard to get your head around. Concentrate on your recovery your health is number one. Maybe you could make a few perparations to avoid boredom eating buy some books or mags or some dvd box sets, if you have sky plus record loads of things. Get someone to do your shopping make a list of ww friendly foods and dont have too many bad foods in the house. Keep logging on here when you feel up to it and we will give you lots of support and hopefully hints and tips to stay on track. Have you a date for your op? Duh just saw you said end of march!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

bubbaloo wrote: »

Really sorry to hear that Bubbaloo, please god everything will go well for you and you will be back losing weight in no time at all.

I agree 100% with astra...stock up on glossy magazines, your favourite books, dvds, hair treatments, face masks and treat yourself.

You've been doing great and I'm sure you'll loose more before the end of March and be in the best shape you can for the surgery. It will be a major positive for your recovery.

My suggestions would be to forget about WW and losing weight while you are recuperating, other than eating healthily and checking in here to keep us on the straight and narrow. At the rate this thread grows you won't have time for boredom eating!

Astra, that's a great idea not to have "bad" foods in the house. If they're not there you can't eat them.

Will you be laid up for the recovery period? If you can at all you should try go for little short strolls, when you feel strong enough, as the weather should (hopefully) be nice and mild by then.

And if you ever need a shoulder, there's quite a few of them around here ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement