Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

I didnt put the spices into it but used the tomato puree and garlic etc.. im not happy.. OH thinks its not great as my usual one is lovely but sumthing went wrong Arghhhhhhh

I hate that when I'm cooking something and it turns out terrible. I just know by oh's face but he eats it anyway lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

I didnt put the spices into it but used the tomato puree and garlic etc.. im not happy.. OH thinks its not great as my usual one is lovely but sumthing went wrong Arghhhhhhh

hey as regards the cottage pie... i bought a shepards pie meal maker in aldi (just add water to mix) that serves 4 people and its only 1pp so just add ur mince, spuds, cheese and veg... its yummy and not dry at all:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Just discovered a really nice snack that I have to share with ye! Marks and Spencers have these gorgeous apple and cinnamon mini rice cakes- 2 propoints per packet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks Monife. I know it is I've just adjusted my goals as I think my expectations were too high. I'm having a bit of a binge tonight and I'm just going to write it off. My new week starts tomorrow so I'm starting afresh. I've a family wedding on Friday week and I want to try and lose as much as possible next week.

I've nothing planned this week so will divide them up and then next week's will be going on this wedding. I think I just need to find the balance that will work for me. That's what I would advise everyone to do.

The crisps were in a brown packaging and had an eat well stamp on them. There was no name per se on them. They had that stamp and then reduced fat on the packet. I think you can get them in a multi pack.

Enjoy your treat x

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

newbee22 wrote: »
    Just discovered a really nice snack that I have to share with ye! Marks and Spencers have these gorgeous apple and cinnamon mini rice cakes- 2 propoints per packet!

i love a bag of skips and one finger timeout for a treat and its only 4pp:P:D yummy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Oh I love skips!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

A little snack recipe..

50 g natural low fat yogurt, 1PP
    Aldi frozen berries 1.99 for 500 g = 0pp
    10g of plain muesli = 1 pp

yum

or if you really fancy something sweet, go mad and put the meringue thru it instead! its my life saver :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

izzy24 wrote: »
    i love a bag of skips and one finger timeout for a treat and its only 4pp:P:D yummy!!!

Are the skips 2pp??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

The skips from a multi pack are 2pp.
    its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had my WI in down 0.5lbs which I'm delighted with after my disaster of a sunday - total 12.5lbs in 6 weeks!

I also bought the Eating Out guide - TGI fridays the propoints in their stuff!!- have to go there for dinner in a few weeks for my cousins goodbye dinner and am freaking out with the amount of pp's in everything! It isnt great for Irish places - but am spending the next 3 weekends in the UK so am hoping that now I have the eating out guide I have no excuse not to point while I'm away, so I can still lose weight!

Well done on all the weight loss everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Had my WI tonight, rather disappointed, only down 1/2 pound and I lost 3 pounds last week. I had a bit of a meltdown over the weekend but did not think I had gone over the weekly points and have been averaging about 27 points all week. anyway will start again and hope it is better next week.

I am cooking for 3 of us and wondered if anyone has any advice on how to work out points in this sort of case...
    made a spaghetti bolognaise, used 800 gr mince, and 450 gr tin of tomato, large onion, some carrot, garlic etc all free stuff and used a bit of veg stock to moisten it. raw mince is 6pp for 125 gr.After dishing up for all there is about half of it left over to freeze.I weighed the left over portion and that is about 650gr??
    125gr is now only a tiny portion of what is cooked.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Made this for dinner tonight- only 10pp including rice
    and I have to say- it was AMAZING!!!

https://signup.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7016792

Trying to change over to PP- bought a introduction pack on ebay!!!!
    Have lost 8lbs since hte new year ( but that was all in the first 3 weeks of Jan when i was being good, tracking and was doing the old system- but i have kept hte same since which I am pretty happy with)
    Only started on the new system yesterday so taking my current weight as my new start weight! Excited about starting the New journey with you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Made this for dinner tonight- only 10pp including rice
    and I have to say- it was AMAZING!!!

https://signup.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7016792

Trying to change over to PP- bought a introduction pack on ebay!!!!
    Have lost 8lbs since hte new year ( but that was all in the first 3 weeks of Jan when i was being good, tracking and was doing the old system- but i have kept hte same since which I am pretty happy with)
    Only started on the new system yesterday so taking my current weight as my new start weight! Excited about starting the New journey with you all!

Well done for taking the plunge over to the new system! How much was the pack? what came in it?

Hey Lainey

It was about 15 euro I think- but has yet to arrive.
    Blue folder with everything you need barr the calculator... the wheel is in the pack instead. But I am using an online calculator anyway!

Bit nervous about the new system there have been alot on mixed reviews.I would like to loose between 1- 1 1/2 stone by end of April if possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I got the new propoints calculator on ebay for 10.95 ex. delivery charges, altogether it was about 18 quid I think. Not bad and the calculator is brand new, never been used and in perfect condition.

I got the new propoints calculator on ebay for 10.95 ex. delivery charges, altogether it was about 18 quid I think. Not bad and the calculator is brand new, never been used and in perfect condition.

oh nice one! i had to pay 30 EURO for my one back in november when i started propoints...cos the calculators were sold out on the uk weight watchers website in 2 hours...and there was a 6 week waiting list for them...so ppl were flogging them for crazy prices online!

i needed it...so bit the bullet and forked out!

Hi Pixie,

I am an ebay fanatic so will prob get one online there too! But will work away with what I have for now.

I tend to make soups for lunches and google weight watcher pro point recipes for dinner so I don't really need a calculator unless i am out and about snacking!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh nice one! i had to pay 30 EURO for my one back in november when i started propoints...cos the calculators were sold out on the uk weight watchers website in 2 hours...and there was a 6 week waiting list for them...so ppl were flogging them for crazy prices online!

i needed it...so bit the bullet and forked out!

To be honest I wasn't sure if I was getting a good deal or not but I wanted to get myself started properly so I'd have no excuses and when it arrived in pristine condition it seemed a great purchase and after your post (30 quid AHH!) I'm positive it was a good bargain now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

It's 10.95 in meetings.

eok56 wrote: »
    It's 10.95 in meetings.

EOK,

I am trying to do it on my own as I cant afford meetings! (for now anyway!)
    So ebay is the only place to get them for me!

• Advertisement

Hi Pixie,

I am an ebay fanatic so will prob get one online there too! But will work away with what I have for now.

I tend to make soups for lunches and google weight watcher pro point recipes for dinner so I don't really need a calculator unless i am out and about snacking!

Hiya:D I was (and still am) a complete novice so I needed huge help starting off. I literally had no idea what a slice of bread was worth on the points scale! Getting there now though and writing things down - have scraps of paper in a folder with various points written down lol :P

EOK,

Yeah me too. I'm nowhere near a meeting so doing it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

EOK,

Could you get someone that goes to a meeting to get if for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I would imagine anyone could buy the products at the meetings,not just members?

I used to be kinda....flakey when it came to tracking...i'd track like 70% thus my losses were kinda crap.....up down up down STS ect...

Well i'm nearly thru my second week of tracking 100% and i've kinda noticed...my appetite has totally shrunk...haha okay i'm like a million points over my weeklies this week.....but i did track every indulgence....and even as it stands...the scales at my sneaky peak are showing me i'm down baout 1.5lbs so far! tho that can all change....got my friends 18th tomorrow night....and i'm spending tomorrow standing in the lashing rain at Fota wild life park doing a study on lemurs for college....I'm going to need those drinks to shake off the day haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well I'm in the horrors! Had weigh in this morning and stayed the same. Disappointed as I was pretty good all week,never went over my points and ate 17 of my weeklies. The only thing I didn't do was walk,was too busy in work, its also totm since Monday, but I'd have thought that I'd be safe today!

Anyway I won't let it deter me or make me go on a binge, I'll get up off my ass and get walking everyday this week and hopefully see a result next week!

Good luck to all with weigh ins tomorrow, hope its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Hi girls, i was up 1/2 pound this week so I'm not a happy camper :(

Gonna stick with it though and hopefully I'll have a big loss next week and if I don't I will actually cry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

m'lady wrote: »
    Anyway I won't let it deter me or make me go on a binge, I'll get up off my ass and get walking everyday this week and hopefully see a result next week!

M'lady that is such a great attitude to have! I want some of your motivation! It's so hard not to throw in the towel after a gain/sts...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just been reading all todays posts. Some of you are getting great losses this week - congratulations. And those not pleased with their results, stick with it & maybe next week will make it all worthwhile. I have just watched Operation Transformation (can watch it on the internet in France) & last week most of them didn't do too well with their WIs & this week they did much better.

Well, my plans for today went out the window when one of my kids got sick last night. So no shopping trip into Paris for me & no dinner with the Disney princessess for them & their daddy. Unfortunately she is still very sick so hopefully tomorrow will see an improvement. Am finding myself picking at food again that I shouldn't - ate some leftover pizza at lunchtime after I had my wrap & then tonight had 2 rounds of toast with raspberry jam mainly because I was bored. Am missing being able to make my soups. With her being sick, at least I'm not drinking the lovely french wine sitting in our kitchen in case I am up during the night with her & I'm drinking loads of water instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Fofany, I think you're great foe checking in here everyday even tho your on hols.

Can't imagine how hard it is to eat healthily in a place like Disneyland when the majority of food available is fast and overly processed.

Hope your little one feels better tomorrow x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement