Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Why would you want that stinky bitter taste that makes you thirsty?:)
    I have an ego as well. Here's my advice: get some LR atomizers and RY4 liquid. It doesn't taste like a real cig, it's so much better:)
    Also halo freedom from vapourstore is quite good. Maybe there are liquids that taste like a real cigs but I've never heard of them even after searching through massive amounts of posts on both American and Russian e-cig forums.

Can you explain "LR atomiser" and where do you get that and the RY4 liquid?
    I am getting totally bogged down and frustrated with all this:o
    I am staring with my E-Go on Monday and want to give myself the best possible start and the best chance of trying to give up the fags.
    I had sort of made up my mind that I would go to Londis and get some of the liquid there, which appears to have received good reviews above - but now I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do????
    Hopefully by this time next week I'll be a bit more authorative on all this but in the meantime I value any advice I can get! Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Shazanne wrote: »
    Can you explain "LR atomiser" and where do you get that and the RY4 liquid?
    I am getting totally bogged down and frustrated with all this:o
    I am staring with my E-Go on Monday and want to give myself the best possible start and the best chance of trying to give up the fags.
    I had sort of made up my mind that I would go to Londis and get some of the liquid there, which appears to have received good reviews above - but now I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do????
    Hopefully by this time next week I'll be a bit more authorative on all this but in the meantime I value any advice I can get! Thanks guys!

LR stands for Low Resistance and is a type of atomiser which will get hotter and so produce more and warmer vapour. I wouldn't worry about getting them in the beginning, the normal atomiser which comes with the kits is fine to start with IMO.

Regarding liquid, RY4 is available from thevapourstore.ie along with lots of other flavours. If you haven't already, my suggestion would be to get a few different flavours if you can, I haven't tried the one from Londis but if others like it, it's probably worth trying. Over the few weeks I'v been vaping I've tried quite a few different liquids, some i prefer more than others but I haven't yet had one I positively dislike and my tastes are changing all the time as the effects of smoking wear off, so have a bit of fun and try out a few different tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

so much info ,now Im totally conflustered!

so much info ,now Im totally conflustered!

Ask away, what do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I have my eGo five days now and I LOVE it, no desire for a cigarette whatsoever, I can't believe there's something that actually works. I got the mega starter pack and didn't cop the different strenghts at first and had a high cartridge in and felt stoned after it :D my 13yr old came in and said ' Eh mam whats with the grinning'. Even with a weaker strenght one it's so relaxing. I'll have a few drinks tonight that'll be a good test but I don't think it'll be a problem tbh. It took a few days to taste nice but it's lovely now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

jackie1974 wrote: »
    I have my eGo five days now and I LOVE it, no desire for a cigarette whatsoever, I can't believe there's something that actually works. I got the mega starter pack and didn't cop the different strenghts at first and had a high cartridge in and felt stoned after it :D my 13yr old came in and said ' Eh mam whats with the grinning'. Even with a weaker strenght one it's so relaxing. I'll have a few drinks tonight that'll be a good test but I don't think it'll be a problem tbh. It took a few days to taste nice but it's lovely now.

I think it's even tastier than the real thing ,after 6 months of it I still love it

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Has anybody tried ry4 or any other liquid from thebestshop.eu? It's only 4.5 for 10 ml bottle...are they better/worth than from thevapourstore.ie quality wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

UPDATE so i'm after about 8..ok 10 bottles of bud and i'm still vaping do not want a fag at all I am loving this eGo, vape when you want it, no need for an ashtray and no ****ty feeling in your chest I love it :D

Has anybody tried ry4 or any other liquid from thebestshop.eu? It's only 4.5 for 10 ml bottle...are they better/worth than from thevapourstore.ie quality wise?
    Anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Anyone?

I haven't tried it but I would suspect they are both Dekang so probably the same stuff.

• Advertisement

does thevapourstore sells Dekang stuff as well?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

does thevapourstore sells Dekang stuff as well?

Their standard stuff is Dekang to the best of my knowledge although I see they have some Joye Tobacco (nice stuff imo) too. They may be getting all of their liquid from a Joye supplier but I would guess it's Dekang anyway.

Thanks. I'll see if nobody knows for sure whether their stuff is good or bad, i'll try it myself perhaps... not much to loose anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

JOYE EGO STARTER KIT
    and cool mist menthol 15ml,
    as someone said mint is the same world wide!!
    am I good to go with that so or do I need anythin else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQof7zEIrSc

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

JOYE EGO STARTER KIT
    and cool mist menthol 15ml,
    as someone said mint is the same world wide!!
    am I good to go with that so or do I need anythin else?

Get some empty cartridges, you can refill the prefilled ones but the empty ones are only a couple of euro for 5 so they're very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Opit wrote: »
    Yes, you can use liquid with Joye 510 manual just get some empty cartridges (510 or 901 - both fits 510 atomizer) or 510 cartomizers (NOT LR !). If you want ecig with automatic battery DSE 901 + spare atomizer will be better choice. 510 auto battery is not so good.

At the moment there is a Tornado (eGo) starter kit for only 45 euros which can't be better (49.99 pounds in TW UK) so think about it.

Well I took your recommendation and have this one a couple of days, its fantastic!
    I found the prefilled cartridges good but am onto liquid now, maybe its the flavour or I am not doing it 100% correctly but not finding it as good so shopping later for some different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

I again have information overload, can somebody recommend some liquids for me to try please

TheQueen wrote: »
    I again have information overload, can somebody recommend some liquids for me to try please
    It's impossible. you need to try it yourself. same applies to me. i'm trying different flavors now from different vendors in hope to find the perfect liquid:) I found ry4 very very nice, halo freedom is nice as well but it's only IMO.
    I use this website when i need some info, very big data base with loads of members: www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum

TheQueen wrote: »
    Well I took your recommendation and have this one a couple of days, its fantastic!
    I found the prefilled cartridges good but am onto liquid now, maybe its the flavour or I am not doing it 100% correctly but not finding it as good so shopping later for some different flavours.

Did you like the flavour in the carts?

What's the liquid you are using?

If you liked the flavour of the pre-filled carts the Joye Tobacco from the vapourstore.ie is the same stuff AFAIK.

RY4 is generally a popular one with most vapers. Tobacco with a caramel taste, it sounds odd but is quite pleasant.

I have found that menthol now and again is a nice change, sometimes I add a little to other flavours.

The vapourstore do 5ml tasters for 3.95 so you could get a few different ones to try out. It's a bit of a learning curve and your tastes will change over a few weeks so the best advice is to experiment a little. I have found that I like to change around flavours a couple of times a day and what I really like today I might be lukewarm about tomorrow and vice versa.

Hope this helps and I haven't added to the confusion.

Passed 1.000 cigs avoided mark today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

puttputt wrote: »

Passed 1.000 cigs avoided mark today :)

Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Been vaping on the tank system now for 2 days. Brilliant piece of kit. It's been dubbed as "direct dripping on demand" and that's exactly what is. Highly recommended. Just fill up the tank and get great consistency, throat hit and vapour for hours.

I ran out of liberty flights today so I decided to make myself a DIY bottle with all the stuff I have up stairs.It's horrible stuff ,I tried a few different ones and found vanilla the best out of a bad bunch.Hope them liquids arrive from the vapour store tommorrow

I second the new tank system. Excellent. I just hope that a supplier without extortionate shipping prices gets it.

mewso wrote: »
    I second the new tank system. Excellent. I just hope that a supplier without extortionate shipping prices gets it.

...and I second that!! I said it to Helen at thevapourstore.ie so she'll keep an eye out. I got 60ml of the "Titan" liquid from her today. It's a LOT cheaper than buying it from Totally Wicked and of course you get it the next day. She's recently moved to a bigger premises too so it looks like she'll be our "go to" vendor here.

O'Prez wrote: »
    ...and I second that!! I said it to Helen at thevapourstore.ie so she'll keep an eye out. I got 60ml of the "Titan" liquid from her today. It's a LOT cheaper than buying it from Totally Wicked and of course you get it the next day. She's recently moved to a bigger premises too so it looks like she'll be our "go to" vendor here.

I can't find the titan liquid on the website and have you any links for the tank system you bought

I can't find the titan liquid on the website and have you any links for the tank system you bought

Titan liquid is rebranded Joye liquid and the vapourstore have the tobacco flavour.

The tank system is so far only available from Totally Wicked http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/. Though hopefully other vendors will stock them soon. TW also do the Titan liquid.

Shipping is a bit pricey from TW at 9.99 sterling but if you want to buy from them you can get a 20% discount in January by using the code NY2011 when checking out.

Just to add to the positive comments on the tank system, I got mine yesterday and am loving it so far.

I'd like to see that tank system too, please.

Also, as i said earlier, i was going to try liquids from thebestshop.eu and i did. Delivery next day, nice.
    Ordered 4 10ml bottles, all tobacco flavors, 4.50 each. So, they are: Virginia, Turkish tobacco, RY4 and 555. Virginia and Turkish are not too bad, tobacco flavor indeed:) not sweet with good vapor and throat hit. 555-love it now. For now it's my all day vape and when i ran out of it i'll order more.
    Thanks to O'Prez i tried RY4 from thevapourstore.ie and it is nothing like RY4 from thebestshop.eu. I mean they are both great but totally different from each other. I like them both tho but thevapourstore wins this one:)
    So, yeah, the liquids are ok there, i will keep trying different ones from them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

mewso wrote: »
    I haven't tried it but I would suspect they are both Dekang so probably the same stuff.

You're right.
    Right now owner of www.thebestshop.eu is in Hangsen factory so probably soon we will get some good juices at a reasonable price.
    I got (maybe some of You aswell) couple samples of those eliquids. All I can say i mmmmm.
    Been vaping on the tank system now for 2 days. Brilliant piece of kit.
    I just ordered two atomizers and four packs of empty "tanks" from http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ . I should make some test run next week.
    If anyone want do some order from them here is a 20% discount code: NY2011 :D (valid to 31.01.2011) so hurry up.

puttputt wrote: »
    Titan liquid is rebranded Joye liquid and the vapourstore have the tobacco flavour.

The tank system is so far only available from Totally Wicked http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/. Though hopefully other vendors will stock them soon. TW also do the Titan liquid.

Shipping is a bit pricey from TW at 9.99 sterling but if you want to buy from them you can get a 20% discount in January by using the code NY2011 when checking out.

Just to add to the positive comments on the tank system, I got mine yesterday and am loving it so far.

Will those empty tank cartridges fit the eGo ,they look very similar

• Advertisement

Will those empty tank cartridges fit the eGo ,they look very similar

You'll need the tank atty too. The regular ones won't work. But the empty tank coupled with the tank atty will fit the regular eGo battery.

Advertisement