Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Nonamigo wrote: »
    after 5 days of vaping 555 something has happened to it:confused:. The flavor has changed from very nice to awful... Tried it on 3 different atomizers, normal and LR, and it has a really weird taste on all of them. I'll put it away for some time and try it later.
    Also Virginia has changed. Even the smell of it:) Now it smells like an old overfilled ashtray...and it actually tastes like it:eek:. I gave my non smoking friend to try it and he agreed with me. Just like an old ashtray...weird...
    Is it common with some juices? Has anybody experienced something like it before?

It's probably just your taste buds acting up a little, consequence of stopping smoking. I've had a few days over the last few weeks where some flavours just don't taste right. I've found the best thing for me is to add some menthol juice or coffee flavour juice to the tobacco ones for a day or two until taste returns to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

To T-Tank users:
    Any updates on how it goes? Any problems? How is the taste?
    Is it more like using a normal atty or LR? I sooo don't want to go back to normal resistance attys....

Also any news on thebestshop.eu? when exactly are you getting these? Price? One of my LR attys just died a minute ago making me almost throw up with "pleasant" taste and flavor of burnt crap, so i just need to decide whether i should wait for T-T's or order new LR....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Latest EN-Juice purchases:

Maple Waffles: Doing little for me, does taste like waffles though.
    Espresso Mocha: Loving it, great coffee flavour.
    Black Label, Enigma: Lovely complex tobacco-esque flavour.
    Dark Run Truffle: Ok. Not a huge fan of this but not bad.

Definitely getting 2 and 3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

To T-Tank users:
    Any updates on how it goes? Any problems? How is the taste?

Been using the tank system exclusively for over a week now and I think it's harder on the battery than direct dripping. Mewso have you found this? Also, one of the atties started to lack vapour and throat hit but a god clean will probably sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

I've been using the Halo menthol ice for around 2 weeks now and I love it, stil have around 1/3 of the bottle left and that's with both me and my boyfriend using it so happy days. I don't like the marlboro or dunhill tobacco flavours and I have double mint from the vapour store but I much prefer the menthol ice.
    I'm going to reorder the same one in the next few days and I was thinking of trying the Halo freedom aswell, what do you guys think of that one?

• Advertisement

cc-offe wrote: »
    I've been using the Halo menthol ice for around 2 weeks now and I love it, stil have around 1/3 of the bottle left and that's with both me and my boyfriend using it so happy days. I don't like the marlboro or dunhill tobacco flavours and I have double mint from the vapour store but I much prefer the menthol ice.
    I'm going to reorder the same one in the next few days and I was thinking of trying the Halo freedom aswell, what do you guys think of that one?

I have some of the Halo Freedom, I find it is a quite strong cedar like taste. I'm not mad about it on it's own but it's quite good to mix with a bland liquid to give it a bit more. From reading the reviews on ECF people seem to really like it or hate it. Probably best to buy the small bottle to try first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

ok thias all seem sto have got a little complicated in here. But still I am going to make move and get myself into this.
    • Would the Joy eGo Starter Kit be ok to start with?
    • Would I need to purchase blank cartridges and liquids at the same time?
    • how long would the 5 carts with the starter kit be expected to last osmeone who is on 20 cigs a day?
    Thanks in advance for your advice

MoodeRator wrote: »
    ok thias all seem sto have got a little complicated in here. But still I am going to make move and get myself into this.
    • Would the Joy eGo Starter Kit be ok to start with?
    • Would I need to purchase blank cartridges and liquids at the same time?
    • how long would the 5 carts with the starter kit be expected to last osmeone who is on 20 cigs a day?
    Thanks in advance for your advice

The eGo is an excellent kit to start with. You should buy a pack of blank carts as well.

The carts that come with the kit won't last too long in smoking terms but you can refill and/or top them up with more liquid. If you wish you can remove the filler to wash and dry it before adding a new flavour.

As an ex 20 a day smoker I use about 2 to 2 1/2 mls of liquid per day so you should buy some extra liquid along with the starter kit. Strength wise 18mg is a good starting point, if you find it a bit strong it can be diluted with glycerine from the chemist. It's hard to advise on flavours, best to get a few different ones and experiment a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Thank you very much puttputt.
    Are you able to fefill the carts that come with the starter pack? Or do you specifically need additional blank ones to fill with the e-liquid?
    Thanks also for advice on the strength!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O'Prez wrote: »
    Been using the tank system exclusively for over a week now and I think it's harder on the battery than direct dripping. Mewso have you found this? Also, one of the atties started to lack vapour and throat hit but a god clean will probably sort that.

No idea battery wise as I have mainly used it with a usb ego battery. My first atty is still going a week later. The tank is not as strong a hit as LR which doesn't bother me. For some reason LR was always just a bit too much so standard attys suit me fine in general with LR every now and again but if you absolutely must have that LR hit then the tank may not do it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Shazanne wrote: »
    Hi all,
    You'll find be back along this thread somewhere - I was/am the nerd who was trying desperately to get basic information on using a e-cigg, as in what to buy, what flavours were nice etc, etc.
    I haven't progressed too far - have the e-cigg and am trying some flavours.
    However, could I suggest that some of you more experienced "vapers" set up your own thread? I'm not being nasty but this thread has become very technical and the average person who is curious about e-ciggs, perhaps as an alternative to smoking, is totally flabbergasted! And, to be honest, it is very off-putting.
    The thread title is "E-Cig - Some Info and My Experience" and, as such, will attract the curious as opposed to the guys with the "tanks" etc.
    I referred another person on Boards to the thread and they came back saying they hadn't a clue what it was all about but it sure looks complicated!
    This is just a suggestion - please feel free to ignore it totally. I just want to see that all our needs are met:)

While I understand the problem and the need for a separate forum I have to say that the information for beginners has been provided several times in this thread. You yourself asked more than once what should you get and several posters including myself made recommendations. As a beginner all you can do is see what people think you should start on and then actually take the plunge.

The other option is to sign up on ukvapers.com. They have a forum for beginners and almost everyone on that site is very friendly and helpful.

I set up an irish forum which I now think I will take down as, as I suspected, it has not really taken off and all I am doing is deleting spam every day from it. I may re-up it in the future if I can get better forum software with captcha etc.

Hey people. I've just received 3 more Halo liquids that i ordered from thevapourstore.ie So i've had 4 different 5ml bottles of Halo from them and each one of them is actually half empty. I mean if the bottle is 5ml then there is only around 3ml of liquid in them. They are charging for 5ml tho....Is it normal? Any other liquid i've seen from their shop was Ok, full bottle...

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Thank you very much puttputt.
    Are you able to fefill the carts that come with the starter pack? Or do you specifically need additional blank ones to fill with the e-liquid?
    Thanks also for advice on the strength!

You can refill the ones that come with the kit.

got my package off flavourart:) Trying to DIY. He he..Looks like a lot of fun. Has anybody tried them? How much flavoring do you put?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

got my package off flavourart:) Trying to DIY. He he..Looks like a lot of fun. Has anybody tried them? How much flavoring do you put?

Ejuice calculator :)

I've tried sooo many different calculators already. I even have one on my iphone. But the problem is....Flavorart suggest to use only 1% of flavoring and this is just useless in my opinion. I've tried 10 and 20% so far but it just taste weird this way... And that's why i wanted to hear your opinion, how much of flavoring do you add....

I've tried sooo many different calculators already. I even have one on my iphone. But the problem is....Flavorart suggest to use only 1% of flavoring and this is just useless in my opinion. I've tried 10 and 20% so far but it just taste weird this way... And that's why i wanted to hear your opinion, how much of flavoring do you add....

The bit where it says use gliceran(pg/vg no nicotine) I substitute with flavouring

So if it says to use 2.3ml PG or VG for 5ml bottle you use 2.3 ml of flavoring? Isn't it too much?
    I must be wrong here....

So if it says to use 2.3ml PG or VG for 5ml bottle you use 2.3 ml of flavoring? Isn't it too much?
    I must be wrong here....

Nahh! ,it's crap otherwise ,Iusually use 40 or 50% 2.5ml

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I usually use anywhere from between 15 to 18% flavouring.

• Advertisement

O'Prez wrote: »
    I usually use anywhere from between 15 to 18% flavouring.

It depends how concentrated they are ,some I would only use about 20% as they almost like syrup and the watery ones I could use up to 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Hey I am only smoking about a year (an ex girlfriend got me hooked), maybe 5-8 a day and 15 or so on a night out but i wanna nip this in the bud and try these babies

Thinking of going for the 510 (kit) as it looks more like a regular cigarette ( i am afraid if i bring the ego into the pub it will look like a hash pipe ha ha)...am i missing out on the "tank system" by going for the 510? should i worry about this for now?

anyone any tips for a light smoker, gonna buy some extra cartridges, liquids, pocket charger?? this is a bit confusing for a newbie

Also i smoke light ciggies, pal mal blue, will 18mg liquids be too strong for me?

Is the vaourstore the place to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

You would be missing out on the Tank system stuff if you were to opt for the Standard 510. The special Tank cone only fits on to the Ego style battery.

And to be honest, you don't want to miss out on the Tank system. Its a beginners dream. Load it up with juice and you are set up for 8 hours (depending on usage) of vaping. It utilises an auto-dripping method on to the atomiser. Without this after every ten pulls of the e-cig, one would have to take out their juice and re-drip. Which isnt ideal.

So what I would recommend to you and any other new people interested in getting into this, would be to go straight for the Ego Tank kit from Totally Wicked's website. Or, wait for the Vapour Store to start stocking them. The Kit is around 60 pounds on TW's site. If you got this, and maybe 30ml of a Tobacco Flavour, 30ml of a Menthol flavour. Try one 18mg one 11mg. I found 11mg to be absolutely fine starting off. Every one is different though. You'll be set up for 4 / 6 weeks with this.

I suggest that whatever else apart from the Ego Tank e-cig kit itself, to buy from the vapour store. This is down to Totally Wicked's crazy P&P charges. But for the sake of getting set up with the Ego Tank, its worth it.

For the sake of 70 or 80 quid, its well worth giving it a go. Off the fags almost 5 months thanks to these things. Get on it. Good luck!

Links:

Tornado (or Ego) Tank e-cig Kit: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-tank-ecig/tornado-tank-e-nic-kit-product.html

Juice:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html

OR

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/totally-wicked-eliquid-products.html

For those willing to wait Heavens Gifts have the Ego-T in stock now - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-313.html - and should save some cash.

or for those who don't want to wait, on talbot street next to russian barber shop they sell tornado set for 100 yo yos. Won't sell atty or carts for tank tho....

alpes wrote: »
    You can get your eGo-T kit in Ireland from www.ecirettesolutions.com

Will you be selling tank atomisers and tank cartridges separately from the kits?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

has anyone tried both the valuevapes and premium liquids from enjuice? all my current liquids are valuevapes, and i'm running pretty low on all of them so I was wondering is it worth the price increase to move up to the premium flavours?

im liking the valuevape coffee caramel flavour, but should I be loving the premium coffee caramel?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

has anyone tried both the valuevapes and premium liquids from enjuice? all my current liquids are valuevapes, and i'm running pretty low on all of them so I was wondering is it worth the price increase to move up to the premium flavours?

im liking the valuevape coffee caramel flavour, but should I be loving the premium coffee caramel?

Tried the premium liquid once when I couldn't get a particular flavour in valuevape form. Did not notice any difference in flavour or hit.

Might try it again to make sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm.

might pick up a 10ml bottle of something in premium and value next time i'm making an order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Shazanne wrote: »
    Hi all,
    You'll find be back along this thread somewhere - I was/am the nerd who was trying desperately to get basic information on using a e-cigg, as in what to buy, what flavours were nice etc, etc.
    I haven't progressed too far - have the e-cigg and am trying some flavours.
    However, could I suggest that some of you more experienced "vapers" set up your own thread? I'm not being nasty but this thread has become very technical and the average person who is curious about e-ciggs, perhaps as an alternative to smoking, is totally flabbergasted! And, to be honest, it is very off-putting.
    The thread title is "E-Cig - Some Info and My Experience" and, as such, will attract the curious as opposed to the guys with the "tanks" etc.
    I referred another person on Boards to the thread and they came back saying they hadn't a clue what it was all about but it sure looks complicated!
    This is just a suggestion - please feel free to ignore it totally. I just want to see that all our needs are met:)

ha ha ha "the guys with the "tanks" etc.. these boys are on the cutting edge, me as a newbie gonna follow their lead, i happen to like this thread, its like a timeline of the life of an ecig and its so fast moving like most of it is december 2010 to end January 2011 and counting!! this thread has been amazing me for 2 days since i discovered it and the idea popped into my head around new year when i saw an add for e-cigs in a pharmacy window..:eek:

Advertisement