Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

thudd wrote: »
    You would be missing out on the Tank system stuff if you were to opt for the Standard 510. The special Tank cone only fits on to the Ego style battery.

And to be honest, you don't want to miss out on the Tank system. Its a beginners dream. Load it up with juice and you are set up for 8 hours (depending on usage) of vaping. It utilises an auto-dripping method on to the atomiser. Without this after every ten pulls of the e-cig, one would have to take out their juice and re-drip. Which isnt ideal.

So what I would recommend to you and any other new people interested in getting into this, would be to go straight for the Ego Tank kit from Totally Wicked's website. Or, wait for the Vapour Store to start stocking them. The Kit is around 60 pounds on TW's site. If you got this, and maybe 30ml of a Tobacco Flavour, 30ml of a Menthol flavour. Try one 18mg one 11mg. I found 11mg to be absolutely fine starting off. Every one is different though. You'll be set up for 4 / 6 weeks with this.

I suggest that whatever else apart from the Ego Tank e-cig kit itself, to buy from the vapour store. This is down to Totally Wicked's crazy P&P charges. But for the sake of getting set up with the Ego Tank, its worth it.

For the sake of 70 or 80 quid, its well worth giving it a go. Off the fags almost 5 months thanks to these things. Get on it. Good luck!

Links:

Tornado (or Ego) Tank e-cig Kit: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-tank-ecig/tornado-tank-e-nic-kit-product.html

Juice:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html

OR

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/totally-wicked-eliquid-products.html

thanks dude very very helpful, before i take the plunge and buy an ego-T, how does the drag on this compare to a 510 with a LR cartomizer, is it as satisfying? ..is this something i should worry about. i am smoking light ciggies as it is, so i am suspecting the hit from the ego-T will be more than enough , but is it? any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

DRice wrote: »
    ha ha ha "the guys with the "tanks" etc.. these boys are on the cutting edge, me as a newbie gonna follow their lead, i happen to like this thread, its like a timeline of the life of an ecig and its so fast moving like most of it is december 2010 to end January 2011 and counting!! this thread has been amazing me for 2 days since i discovered it and the idea popped into my head around new year when i saw an add for e-cigs in a pharmacy window..:eek:

Agreed, it's a great thread even for a newbie, I bought one from a pharmacy, came home and kind of skimmed through this thread, a few days later I ordered the eGo and I read through the thread fully then and it's told me everything I want to know!

ah nevermind i went for the Tornado Tank and some blank tank cardridges off TW, comes with 5 prefilled ones as well but will have a look at buying some nice liquids tomorrow from one of the irish stores :D

tanks!! ha ha

...oh and got a 20% discount too so thanks to the chaps who posted the discount code!

cc-offe wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a great thread even for a newbie, I bought one from a pharmacy, came home and kind of skimmed through this thread, a few days later I ordered the eGo and I read through the thread fully then and it's told me everything I want to know!

yup at worst its all worth a try for the craic etc..how does your pharmacy ecig compare to the ego?

DRice wrote: »
    yup at worst its all worth a try for the craic etc..how does your pharmacy ecig compare to the ego?

It doesn't compare to be honest, the Jasper and Jasper one I got is more like a glorified nicotene inhaler, I did like it and it did get me off the cigarettes for the first few days but long term I think it would have been quite frustrating,
    low battery life, nice flavour and ok ish vapour for the first few drags but after that there wasn't a huge amount of vapour.

I wouldn't go on them expecting to save any money at all because although they say 1 cartridge is equal to around 10 cigarettes it really isn't, me and my boyfriend both used it so we were going through 1 packet of cartridges a day (€9) and that was rationing them and we had smoked 20 cigarettes between us so the cost was pretty much equal.

The eGo is perfect, we're still on our first bottle of juice after nearly 3 weeks, battery life is great, we have no cravings for cigarettes, can use it as much as we want without having to ration it, I could go on and on really because I really find it brilliant!!

The Jasper one might be good for someone who smoked 4 or 5 cigarettes a day or even for someone who really really wanted to stop smoking, I started on the e-cig to replace smoking, not stop smoking, so I guess that's why I expected more from it.

The funny thing is though that I didn't want to stop smoking and I enjoy the eGo but I think I will try to wean myself off this too in a few months because I don't feel that I really need it in the way that I used to need cigarettes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

cc-offe, what liquid are you vaping?

Nonamigo wrote: »
    cc-offe, what liquid are you vaping?

The Halo menthol ice, not sick of that flavour yet so i'm going to reorder more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Looks like they got the idea from e-cigs

That's what I thought! This might sound like a very stupid question but I use menthol liquid, should I worry about the flavorings/sweeteners effect on my teeth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Tayla wrote: »
    That's what I thought! This might sound like a very stupid question but I use menthol liquid, should I worry about the flavorings/sweeteners effect on my teeth?

I don't really know tbh and I have never noticed.All I know is that I drink an awful lot of coffee and it has a terrible effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ovale

Hi all,
    I just got my eGo-T starter kit and it's amazing. Can someone help me how to open easily the empty tank cartridge b/c i don't want to break my nails.
    Cheers,
    O

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

ovale wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I just got my eGo-T starter kit and it's amazing. Can someone help me how to open easily the empty tank cartridge b/c i don't want to break my nails.
    Cheers,
    O
    Your nick name sounds like http://www.ovaleeurope.com/index.html :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 film ed tfm

Hey all,

I've been using ecigs for over a year now...what helped me alot in saving time and money was a forum which has great people with great advice...i'm not a supplier/seller/vendor nor am i affiliated with any company....i'm probably the opposite as i see people spend way over the odds trying ecigs from sites that give misleading info....

anyway this is the forum: www.ukvapers.com

and this is a link to the irish section which i asked to have set up

http://ukvapers.com/forum/50-irish-vapers/

....feel free to join in....in fact PLEASE do if you are new to ecigs it could save you a lot of money learning before spending(ecigs shouldnt cost more than 40-50euro for a basic kit ; o) ) and how to use the kits

arghhh i'm always the waffler...

see ya over there

cass : o)

ps. from more established vapers and those who already know the site but havent joined the irish section please do....i'd love to organise a meet up to compare/share and try new liquids/models

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭benagain

went cold turkey 60 a day rothmans havnt had a smoke since new yrs eve 27 days today tough as fcuk tho hope i stay off them an gl to all who are trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

+1 for the post re ukvapers

It's a great site with lots of friendly people willing to help out newcomers

hi puttputt!!! i dont use boards at all really but if i can help anyone personally im over on ukvapers as "Cass" and if anyone new to ecigs wants advice ask away via there....have used a bucket load of suppliers and tried a hundred bits and bobs so if i can help i will....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

hi puttputt!!! i dont use boards at all really but if i can help anyone personally im over on ukvapers as "Cass" and if anyone new to ecigs wants advice ask away via there....have used a bucket load of suppliers and tried a hundred bits and bobs so if i can help i will....

Hi Cass. Briano (on UKV) here. I've told them many times to pay a visit to UK Vapers :)

mewso wrote: »
    Hi Cass. Briano (on UKV) here. I've told them many times to pay a visit to UK Vapers :)

hi brian...your ears must be burning....just saying how much we missed ya over on ukv : o(

good to hear from you... well theres an irish section now so hoping you'll stick a post in ; o)

tried anything new lately? i'm going old school with a boge revolution....just want it for my mantlepiece(and the nifty torch!) really...still stuck on ego with cisco 306's (where's that roll eyes icon!)

anyone here ever mention a meet up????i'd be happy to organise/help out/poke people into it???

just reading back...sorry to be butting in over your posts brian i didnt realised ukv was mentioned so thoroughly....my fault for not reading too much(there are 48 pages though!) also you said you mentioned that you had an irish forum there? i never saw it : o( jackie just set one up in the regional groups section for me thats what i was referring to...

Just received a 10% discount code for thebestshop.eu on orders over €25.

Valid until the 6th of feb...code happy10.

I use halo liquid which I get from thevapourstore and this site doesn't have but I might get another couple of batteries or a case or something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

hi brian...your ears must be burning....just saying how much we missed ya over on ukv : o(

good to hear from you... well theres an irish section now so hoping you'll stick a post in ; o)

tried anything new lately? i'm going old school with a boge revolution....just want it for my mantlepiece(and the nifty torch!) really...still stuck on ego with cisco 306's (where's that roll eyes icon!)

anyone here ever mention a meet up????i'd be happy to organise/help out/poke people into it???

just reading back...sorry to be butting in over your posts brian i didnt realised ukv was mentioned so thoroughly....my fault for not reading too much(there are 48 pages though!) also you said you mentioned that you had an irish forum there? i never saw it : o( jackie just set one up in the regional groups section for me thats what i was referring to...

I have found general contentment for now with the Tank system, the Integrity and the Don (with double adapter so I can vape a mega atty with cart as I still like them) :). The Don of course came courtesy of your excellent compo.

I don't know about a meet up. Might be a goer with some of the folks here.

As for my forum it's a no go really so forget it I'm not pushing it at all. I just haven't had much time recently to post on UKV but I'm there most days catching up. You can count on me popping into the Irish section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Hello all,
    Can anybody tell me: Is the Tornado Tank atomizer/cartridge compatible with the Riva battery? From what I can gather it should be. But I'd like some confirmation before I go p1ssing my money away.

hi seasharp, yes it is compatible with the riva (if you have a 510 connection on your riva- i know the riva is available in 901). enjoy : o)

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Can anybody tell me: Is the Tornado Tank atomizer/cartridge compatible with the Riva battery? From what I can gather it should be. But I'd like some confirmation before I go p1ssing my money away.

If your atomizer looks like http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/1-5ohm-lr-atomizer-for-ego/tornado/riva-matte-black/prod_137.html then yes you can use eGo Tank atomizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Thanks, ordered one there (and 5 cartridges).

10 pounds sterling for delivery. :mad:
    Hopefully this little monopoly they have won't last too long!

Opit, you mentioned something about tanks at the end of this week, have you got them?

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Opit, you mentioned something about tanks at the end of this week, have you got them?
    I got my first one from Tottaly Wicked (expensive :mad:).
    I talked with thebestshop.eu this morning. I was told the new load (with the Tanks as well) is already at customs in Portlaoise so that should be on sale in next week. Price is still not fixed but will be around 13,50 for atty and 5 for tanks. There is 10% discount (HAPPY10) so will be not too bad ;).
    I forgot to ask about new eliquids - sorry for that.
    Also Laser card payment will be available in very short time.
    That's all what I know.

That's sound great. I prefer paying with laser over the credit card. Thanks for update

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

I would like to say thank you to the OP “Mewso” for convincing me to try out one of these e.cigs,

I followed your progress for a while but I got kinda lost when it came time for me to invest… anyway I’m pleased to tell you that I got the “ joye riva ego “ and it changed my thinking about these e.cigs when I had the first blast off mine a couple of day ago,

I never thought I would find something to take the place of a fag… I’m a gadget type and all the lads know me for it but when they seen this thing in action they want one themselves :)

So many thanks to you Mewso for taking the time to start this thread

I’m on a mission now to convince all around me to try this way of giving up the fags :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

WANT: http://www.provape.com/category-s/36.htm

Oh, my, want this so badly if it does what it says on the tin.

Advertisement