Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi again magners light irish cider is coming up on uk website as pp3 for 250ml. red wine and dry white wine works out at 18 points a 750ml bottle sweet white wines would be a little more. I am glad that this tread is of help, thanks to everyone for all the imput!

Oxo stock cubes pp0
    brennans yeastfree wholewheat sliced brown bread per slice pp2
    peas fresh/frozen 80g pp2
    parsnips 90g pp2

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I almost cried when I read the points in red wine.
    But I guess I can use my weekly points at the weekend for a treat.
    Relief!!!

Low Low Cheese Slices 2pp each
    Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (2) 1pp
    Birds Eye Potato Waffles 3pp each

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

dno7239 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Im one of those who reads everyones posts and inspiring stories but never post myself. First off, well done to everyone! Also, welcome to WW whoever is starting it for the new year! I have been doing WW since June and am almost at my second stone gone. Really hoping I can reach my goal quicker with the propoints ( I have until May). I think if I post here as well and engage with people it will help. I somehow managed to lose 1.5 lbs over xmas (depsite drinking and eating galore!) so Im using that as a starting point for motivation.

....Now...to get my head around these pro points hmmmmm :)

I am relatively new to this thread myself but have been in WW since last September. Like you I also had a loss after Christmas. It really gives you a boost for the new year doesn't it! You should set yourself mini goals between now and May to help you e.g. lose a certain amount by Valentine's etc.

Well done Dotcomdolly. That's a great achievement and an inspiration to us all. I like that idea of the photos on the fridge. When I reach 4 stone I intend on getting a bracelet made with the little stones they give out in class so I'll have a constant reminder on me at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Welcome to all the new people. Congratulations on taking the 1st step to a healthier and fitter life. Thank you very very much to everyone who checked around for Gluten Free Bread for me. I'm going to have to cut back. Had an ok day yesterday. I ate some grapes and an apple, I normaly don't eat fruit plus I drank my 2 litres of water.

Good luck Everyone. Yes We Can !

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Wow this thread has got really busy which is great to see.

I went to my WI last nite and was very suprised to find that I was down 1.5lb dont know how but im taking it and running with it.

The new propoints looks great so hopefully we can all be skinny minnies!!

Good luck to all and well done to all the losers ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

http://www.weightwatchersfoods.co.uk/index.html

Here are all the pro points for all the ww products!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Can I just say thanks to addda, Lady Lainy and Starlight for the positive words. I really appreciate it and I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this thread! I love to cook so hopefully I might be able to share some modified recipes with people as I progress that way I can give back a little too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wow, well done everyone who lost weight over Christmas..that's a fantastic achievement when surrounded by so much badness.
    I thought I was doing well only putting up a pound, but you girls have put me to shame!

Dotcomdolly...you look great. Well done. That's a great idea about the picture on the fridge....
    I have a very distorted view of how I look. I still think I'm skinny, even though I'm size 18/20!lol!
    Don't get me wrong, I dress for my size, I don't try squeeze myself into smaller clothes but when I was watchig Operation Transformation the other night, I was asking himself if I was as big as those girls.
    Bless him, he didn't know what to say, but the answer is yes I am!

Made the chicken curry from the new book last night....was grand. Definately took more than 10 minutes to prep tho! But it was straightforward and had almost all the ingredients in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

OXO stock cubes are NOT a point

The book says stock cubes are 1 ppt

jakeypooh wrote: »
    OXO stock cubes are NOT a point

The book says stock cubes are 1 ppt

On the ww uk website it lists different stock cubes some have pp value of 1 and some are listed as 0, I delibertly listed oxo cubes as these are widly available in Ireland and are listed as pp0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

bubbaloo where did you find the pp for a pork chop? i was searching for it yesterday cos i had them for dinner and couldnt find it anywhere!! i was delighted to see it on here so thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi guys didn't know parsnips were 2 propoints thought they were free.

Dammitj I just pointed low low cheese slices and it came out as 5 propoints per 100g or 5 slices.

Mr kipling chocolate slices are working out at 3 propoints each.

Oh well I pointed it per slice last night and it came us at 2 per slice, but I'll check when I get home just to make sure.
    I'll be worried if my ten euro calculator isn't working properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

hi all :) I am new on here and joined WW on Wednesday. I have just had a baby 6 weeks ago and feel so huge!! this is my third baby so have been through this before. with my first which was 11 years ago it took me years to shift the weight. then in 2008 i had my little boy and i joined WW and lost weight but then Christmas came and ruined all that he he. so im doing it now again and this time i am determined to do it right. i have my step daughters communion in May so need to get down some weight at least so i can look some way decent. really want to get rid of this weight now. I weighed in at 14stone 3lbs:( would love to get down to about 9 and a half or 10 stone again. hoping these pro points are going to do the job. been only on it 2 days but find im not actually hungry yet which is weird. he he. the only exercise i can do is the EA active game which i will be buying next week. did it before and lost weight. so anyway sorry for the long post but will be on here regularly cos it seems ye are all very helpful and supportive of each other :)

Keep up the good work everybody.

Went to my meeting last night got the stuff on the new plan, also brought a calculator.

when i was weight i did not go up or down just no change. i am on 56 propoints.

when our leader showed use how to use the wheel she said she had a plan b, if we found it hard to use. Plan b was to get a calculator:D.

don't worry to much dammitj as going by the pocket guide you get at your meeting it has the following

Cheese slice 1 20g 2propoints
    Cheese slice low fat 1 20g 1propoint

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

astra2000 wrote: »
    On the ww uk website it lists different stock cubes some have pp value of 1 and some are listed as 0, I delibertly listed oxo cubes as these are widly available in Ireland and are listed as pp0.

I understand but I have to tell you that stock cubes of the OXO brand are not free, we had this out in our meeting this week with the leader

Thanks Dasa. Yeah I saw that but I think I'm going to use my calculator to point everything for a while, just in case.

I'm a bit concerned about the whole "some things are one point for one but 3 points for 2" situation.
    Wonder why they got rid of half points?

Bring on the cheese!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

autmam wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Happy new year. Have been following this thread only for a few days when I stumbled across it when looking for info on Propoints. Am hooked now!! Just wondering with regard to the iPhone app if you need to be registered for ww online to access the food database. Have downloaded the app but only have access to recipes and a few other bits and pieces. Perhaps you could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks everyone and best of luck in 2011

Hi autmam, I have registered online, so maybe that's why I have the database??

dammitj wrote: »
    Thanks Dasa. Yeah I saw that but I think I'm going to use my calculator to point everything for a while, just in case.

;)[/QUOT

I would agree there different brands of the same food type can work out at different points, I think it is better to check the points on individual brands rather than pointing them all the same.

Jakeypoo I am going by the official website, it says 6g oxo cubes are pp0, lots of other brands come up as 1, I really dont know what the difference is. My old ww leader often had different opinions than the official ww material too. I guess anyone using this tread will just have to make their own minds up and decide if they are going to point them or not. Personally when I use them to make soup even if I use all free veg I always count each portion as PP1 simply because I have such a large portion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

kildareash wrote: »
    I think the little spinny wheel thing is very awkward to use. I downloaded the iwatchr app last night and filled in all the fields with the figures that were posted on this thread. I just tried the example in the book we got in class last night for weetabix. The app is telling me 4 points but the book says 3...any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

well i had this one before on the old system and I don't have phone with me right now but i had it set to decimal points. so I am rounding up or down. if you input the two weetabix values and it is rounded closer to three e.g 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 then its three points, otherwise from 3.5 upwards I'd be giving it 4.

I was tolf at class that 2 weetabix is 3 points if thats any help

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

ok i wasn't on at all yesterday. busy at work, then had a zumba class (first class and really liked it). so here goes some replies to some people....

oh but firstly.....I noticed that I had like 7 points left at 9.30 after my class last night, didn't really wanna eat - but if i didn't use - i lose. what do ye do if this happens?

On the personal points allowance - does anyone else find it strange that the computer will just calculate it for you. Just for my own curiosity I'd like to know how it's calculated. Remember, the old system was a combination of weight, age, activity level.

I've only had 4 points so far today...think all this talk of food is filling me up ;)

It depends on height/age/current weight/sex. the younger you are the more points u get i think cos metabolism slows down when older. I am on 29 and so is my friend who weighs less and is smaller though. she is younger too.
    alpha2010 wrote: »
    I go to 9 stone 5 then the next week ill jump to 9 stone 8 or so and then back again.. should I just weigh myself every 2 or 3 weeks ?? its just when I get to 9 stone 5, I relax and just eat everything because Im under my goal weight but then next week I have to pay for it when Im up by 3, so I then have a harsh week. should I continue with this method; having one good week and then having one bad week or should I try maintain the same weight each week

I hope I made sense :)

to be honest- weigh yourself one a week and unless you are going over that 2lb - then worry. My weight can fluctuate alot in the space of a few hours even - fluid retention - body holding onto fluids, or the opposit - i find after a night on wine i weigh less - cos my body is dehydrated and every ounce of water has prob been soaked up. there is a lot that can make your weight go up and down
    alpha2010 wrote: »
    I was 14 stone 4 starting off, and the lowest I have gotten to is 9 stone 4 so a total of 5 stone I have lost .. it took me 8 months to lose it
    People say it was way too quickly but I just followed the WW plan and exercised 5 times a week but I lose it easily but I can also gain it easily so thats my problem with that

more inspiration -well done you!
    I went to my first class tonight. Kind of overwhelmed by all the information and disgusted at my weight too!
    Does anybody know if all vegetables are free? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
    thanks!

No not all veg are free - parsnips and potatoes = points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GonnaB

As the weekend is nigh I just looked up the nutritional info on Coors Lite and worked out that it is 1 pp per bottle!!! I got the same nutritional info from a number of different sites!! I'm gonna take that as accurate for this weekend and ask the leader next week......:D :);)

Does anyone have any pp values for chinese dishes as there aren't many listed in the first weeks book?????

Am questioning my committment to this?!:eek:

irishneady wrote: »
    but firstly.....I noticed that I had like 7 points left at 9.30 after my class last night, didn't really wanna eat - but if i didn't use - i lose. what do ye do if this happens?
    The same thing is happening with me, I figure out that when I get a little more used to the points this will happen less. It def wont happen tonight will be using some points on a couple glasses of red wine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

irishneady wrote: »
    well i had this one before on the old system and I don't have phone with me right now but i had it set to decimal points. so I am rounding up or down. if you input the two weetabix values and it is rounded closer to three e.g 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 then its three points, otherwise from 3.5 upwards I'd be giving it 4.

I was tolf at class that 2 weetabix is 3 points if thats any help
    i had them this morn and pointed them at 3 also,,was yum with hot milk and free banana!!!about 8 months since i had a banana,,as i was too mean to use 1.5 points on one:D

GonnaB wrote: »
    As the weekend is nigh I just looked up the nutritional info on Coors Lite and worked out that it is 1 pp per bottle!!! I got the same nutritional info from a number of different sites!! I'm gonna take that as accurate for this weekend and ask the leader next week......:D :);)

Does anyone have any pp values for chinese dishes as there aren't many listed in the first weeks book?????

Am questioning my committment to this?!:eek:
    are coors lite only 1 on discover you could have 3 bottle for 4.5 points??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

astra2000 wrote: »
    The same thing is happening with me, I figure out that when I get a little more used to the points this will happen less. It def wont happen tonight will be using some points on a couple glasses of red wine!!

I asked that question last night too, my concern is do you have to eat a certain amount of points each day for optimum weight loss. I understand you can't carry points over and with the treat allowance plus extra activity points, I can't imagine I'd ever need to.
    I only had 4 points left last night, but I had 2 WW bagels (@5pp each) for lunch coz they're small and to use up points.
    If I had a low-point lunch such as no-point soup, I'd be seriously under my points for that day.

coors light coming up on uk site as 4pp per 300ml bottle, were you imputting the nutritional values of 100ml?
    Sorry I have no info re chinese food, I think its very hard to get accurate points on restaurant portions as the size and ingredients can vary so much. If you know the old points value of any of your favs you could estimate the pp at double:eek:. I love chinese too but I will have to make it a rare treat or make my own any more, btw there is a great tread in the cooking+recipes section gives lots of chinese recipes, I am sure a lot of them could be altered to be pp friendly.

laughing cow lite is free, if your only having one triangle!!!

• Advertisement

I only had 4 points left last night, but I had 2 WW bagels (@5pp each) for lunch coz they're small and to use up points.
    If I had a low-point lunch such as no-point soup, I'd be seriously under my points for that day.
    ww bagels are 4 each:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement