Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    When I first went to a meeting, after my first meeting the leader sat down with me and ASKED ME what I'd like my final weight to be.

I think different leaders have different approaches to the classes.

I dont want to go too thin cos i'm naturally stocky build...i'd look sickly if i went too far I'd be happy anywhere between 11 - 12st. and that still has within a healthy BMI

yes lady I am about the same and have the same attitude as you. I am not happy at weight I am and that is why I am doing this. however I do not want dieting taking over my life to try and get to a weight a leader wants me to be. so long as I have a healthy bmi and am happy then that is my goal
    Started back on Weight Watchers in the new year...being super super good too. Not cracked so far...but its the 1st weekend so really need to stick to my guns on it...

Cooking all my meals from scratch- which I dont mind as I love cooking....i cook up a batch of soup ever few days and bring it to work then i cook up a new WW receipe for dinner every night.

Only prob is the exercise...its difficult with this weather. i cant afford to join a gym so i was just going to do walking or an exercise vid...
    So far i have lost about 2lb- which is ok as i have not done any exercise...
    So next week I am going to step up my game on it- Hoping to lose a stone by end of the month.

Start weight 154.4
    Week 1- 153

well done! I cook most of mine from scratch in the midst of doing one now - prawn stir fry with noodles.

you could look up some exercise videos online-yuoutube. I have done this before when strapped for cash. I have joined zumba and paid for ten classes in advance. started last night - really good workout I have to say but enjoyed it which is half the battle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Started back on Weight Watchers in the new year...being super super good too. Not cracked so far...but its the 1st weekend so really need to stick to my guns on it...

Cooking all my meals from scratch- which I dont mind as I love cooking....i cook up a batch of soup ever few days and bring it to work then i cook up a new WW receipe for dinner every night.

Only prob is the exercise...its difficult with this weather. i cant afford to join a gym so i was just going to do walking or an exercise vid...
    So far i have lost about 2lb- which is ok as i have not done any exercise...
    So next week I am going to step up my game on it- Hoping to lose a stone by end of the month.

Start weight 154.4
    Week 1- 153

I would totally recommend getting EA Active Sports 2

http://www.easportsactive.com/fitness-games/ea-sports-active-2

I re-started my ww journey 1st January and I've used this 4 times in the last week. kinda 20 mins a day, full body work outs. Its really fun and motivating cos you see your calorie burn on screen! I've also been drinking about 2 and half litres of water a day!

I'm actually looking forward to my weight in tomorrow morning! lol I know i've done well....cos i've been bold and took a sneak peek on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

manhattan 15g packet pp2

hazelnuts or cashews (10) pp2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

There used to be Zuma classes near me but they have stopped. I did hte Natalie Cassidy DVD on Wed night- and even though it was super tough I felt delighted that i had done it!

I enjoy it when I am doing it- its just getting my bum off the couch is the prob!
    I will go on a super long walk tomo- as long as its not snowing!!!

I am following the old WW point plan- I know its been updated since. Does the new programme work better/ faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Is the old point system still ok to use?!

• Advertisement

ooooh just found my Aerobics DVD....been looking for it for ages. I was using it last summer and i found it REALLY good!

Its called "The complete Secret to Weight Loss" By Stott Pilates

I got it on ebay for a few about €12

I found it really good! So happy I found it! going to start using it again from next week! :D:D:D:D

Its a cardio walking pilates, it isnt actually pilates, its cardio aerobics, but it uses the breathing pilates, and how to engage your different muscle groups to get the most of the session

During the summer when i was exercise mad cos i had loads of time I was using this dvd few times a week, I then started seeing a personal trainer and she said i had fantastic posture. She asked to borrow the dvd to see what i had been doing. She said it was a great dvd! :D:D cant wait to put it on tomorrow :D

I'm actually looking forward to my weight in tomorrow morning! lol I know i've done well....cos i've been bold and took a sneak peek on the scales.

i always look :eek:
    but i think my scales plays havoc so i try not to think too much about what it tells me
    There used to be Zuma classes near me but they have stopped. I did hte Natalie Cassidy DVD on Wed night- and even though it was super tough I felt delighted that i had done it!

I enjoy it when I am doing it- its just getting my bum off the couch is the prob!
    I will go on a super long walk tomo- as long as its not snowing!!!

I am following the old WW point plan- I know its been updated since. Does the new programme work better/ faster?

I'll be honest - only started on wednesday, was very hesitant about the change but I am loving it. I am sitting here - have made myself a nice dinner with a 6 point value and still have points left from daily fir a treat or wine - have 8 daily points left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Score! Just bagged myself this DVD on ebay for £6....

Coooolllll!

Is the old point system still ok to use?!

are you going to meetings or just doing it by yourself?

sorry for all the posts, i post new things instead of going back editing posts cos ppl wont know i've added stuff :P (not that i think ye're all hanging on my every word or anything lol)

Sample of Stott Pilates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIJa-mGpZiA

• Advertisement

that looks like a good one lady

this is what I was doing last night.....one hour of this madness lol. we were not as co-ordinated as this group but it was our first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1F4U9GJ3dU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

I would totally recommend getting EA Active Sports 2

http://www.easportsactive.com/fitness-games/ea-sports-active-2

I re-started my ww journey 1st January and I've used this 4 times in the last week. kinda 20 mins a day, full body work outs. Its really fun and motivating cos you see your calorie burn on screen! I've also been drinking about 2 and half litres of water a day!

Im seriously thinking of buying this for the xbox kinnect! Its expensive though, think I saw it in the shops before christmas for 70 yo yos! Looks so good though ....

Im seriously thinking of buying this for the xbox kinnect! Its expensive though, think I saw it in the shops before christmas for 70 yo yos! Looks so good though ....

I got it in argos last week for 57.99 for the wii :)

check out ebay aswell :)

I got it in argos last week for 57.99 for the wii :)

check out ebay aswell :)

Thanks Lady Lainy, I will take a look now! Would you definitely reccommend it then yeah??

Thanks Lady Lainy, I will take a look now! Would you definitely reccommend it then yeah??

I'm sweating and stinking after 20 mins of it! Its whole body workout! I'm shocked at how good it was :P and I'm aching in all the right ways! my muscles are so stiff and sore....but thats cos i haven't worked out in ages so i'm stiff and sore from my own laziness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Would it be an idea if people posted up their meal ideas with point values? Maybe a separate thread...just til people get into the swing of it../

I'm sweating and stinking after 20 mins of it! Its whole body workout! I'm shocked at how good it was :P and I'm aching in all the right ways! my muscles are so stiff and sore....but thats cos i haven't worked out in ages so i'm stiff and sore from my own laziness!

That sounds great, your making me want it more now! Ive taken up running which Im finding really great at the moment so Im just unsure if I would have the time to be doing workouts with this too though.
    Do you mind me asking does it focus on one thing in particular or does t have workouts for everything? Like is it all toning and muscle strengthening or does it do cardio too? I know it comes with a heart rate monitor which is quite cool .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I got the original Ea Active the other day second hand & found it great too.
    Also love the Stott Pilates range
    A totally ass kicking one is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It is *hard* but only 20-25 mins and very effective. There are excerpt clips on youtube.

Finally got kids to bed and am enjoying a very small 150ml, 2ppts, glass of Rioja. I measured 150ml of water in to the glass first & everything!

Would it be an idea if people posted up their meal ideas with point values? Maybe a separate thread...just til people get into the swing of it../

yep - do u wanna start a thread and post a link in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

used to go, cant afford it now so im just goin to start up again with the old points

• Advertisement

yea was going to say if sticking to the old points then you wouldn't benefit from the meetings. Yes I am sure there is no harm sticking to the old way to be honest. Any weight watching has to be better than none. Besides weight watchers stuck to the old way for 15 years. I am finding propoints better to be honest. I was hesitant about changing over but I know I am eating better for it.

That sounds great, your making me want it more now! Ive taken up running which Im finding really great at the moment so Im just unsure if I would have the time to be doing workouts with this too though.
    Do you mind me asking does it focus on one thing in particular or does t have workouts for everything? Like is it all toning and muscle strengthening or does it do cardio too? I know it comes with a heart rate monitor which is quite cool .

You can taylor your own work outs. But at the moment i'm using the 3 week pre-programmed CARDIO KICKSTART.

You can taylor your own work outs. But at the moment i'm using the 3 week pre-programmed CARDIO KICKSTART.

Thanks for that. Im thinking very strongly about getting it! Im also interested in the jillian michaels 30 day shred though as I heard a few people mentioning it on here.
    The EA Active looks great but Im supposed to be saving all my money a holiday in the summer so Ill have to think about that one! Ive loads of games for the kinnect already (obsessed with dance cenral!!) that get you up and moving and sweaty anyway so I won't rush into anything yet!

Thanks for that. Im thinking very strongly about getting it! Im also interested in the jillian michaels 30 day shred though as I heard a few people mentioning it on here.
    The EA Active looks great but Im supposed to be saving all my money a holiday in the summer so Ill have to think about that one! Ive loads of games for the kinnect already (obsessed with dance cenral!!) that get you up and moving and sweaty anyway so I won't rush into anything yet!

between running and dacning your doing great! I used to have loads of time for the gym. but with college this game im hoping is my life line! I have no excuse not to do 20 minutes a day!

Drinking as much water as i can physically drink at the moment....pee out a few lbs before the weightin in the morning lol

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

tesco cheesy curls pp2

burger bites pp2

yea i have feck all time to exercise but gotta make time. I work full time monday to friday (8-4) and then work two evenings (6.30-9.30) add 40 mins each side for commuting to these jobs. then ww meeting is on weds, have my zumba on thursday. so gotta fit some in at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 3Chicks

Is the ww app for iphone only available in uk - tried searching on my phone.

between running and dacning your doing great! I used to have loads of time for the gym. but with college this game im hoping is my life line! I have no excuse not to do 20 minutes a day!

Drinking as much water as i can physically drink at the moment....pee out a few lbs before the weightin in the morning lol

haha I am with you on the peeing before weigh in for sure! Every little helps haha
    irishneady wrote: »
    yea i have feck all time to exercise but gotta make time. I work full time monday to friday (8-4) and then work two evenings (6.30-9.30) add 40 mins each side for commuting to these jobs. then ww meeting is on weds, have my zumba on thursday. so gotta fit some in at weekends.

Wow you really are super busy, you sound like your doing great to be fitting zumba in! It would probably be great if you could get some fitness in at weekends because it makes you feel much better afterwards too, but take it easy all the same because you do sound like you have a really hectic worklife!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

What did u think of the zumba? Was thinking bout joining but can't really afford €100 right now.
    We got two pups last summer and they're great for making u exercise. Everytime I put on my tracksuit bottoms they get so excited.

• Advertisement

wow now i feel so lazy complaining about my college schedule! your freaking wonder woman!

I'm really hoping doctors can find a suitable thyroid medication to give me a little bit of energy for excercise. cos after college i just feel like collapsing with exhaustion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement