Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Brekkie
    3 eggs, scrambled + 1 tblsp olive oil = 4 propts
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 2 propts
    Total = 6propts

Lunch
    Just For One ww Carbonara recipe
    50g brown pasta = 5 prpoints
    1 pack of Aldi ham cubes = 2 propts
    1 egg = 1 pro point
    2 pints of water
    Total 8 propts

Coffee Break ( coffee keeps me sane...cant give it up)
    2 Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 4 propts

Dinner
    400g boiled Baby potatoes = 8propts
    2 Aldi Yellowfin Sole = 8 propts
    Low fat Creme Fraiche home made dressing = 4propts
    3 pints of water
    Total 20 propts

Evening Break
    2 Aldi Mint Hot Chocolate = 2 propts

I'm on 44 daily propts + 49 treat propts

I know i eat way too many eggs! But they're cheap, high protein, and good for point values! I've been gasping thursty today...now that the sinus infection and antibiotics are out of my system....my body is back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Brekkie
    3 eggs, scrambled + 1 tblsp olive oil = 4 propts
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 2 propts
    Total = 6propts

Lunch
    Just For One ww Carbonara recipe
    50g brown pasta = 5 prpoints
    1 pack of Aldi ham cubes = 2 propts
    1 egg = 1 pro point
    2 pints of water
    Total 8 propts

Coffee Break ( coffee keeps me sane...cant give it up)
    2 Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 4 propts

Dinner
    400g boiled Baby potatoes = 8propts
    2 Aldi Yellowfin Sole = 8 propts
    Low fat Creme Fraiche home made dressing = 4propts
    3 pints of water
    Total 20 propts

Evening Break
    2 Aldi Mint Hot Chocolate = 2 propts

I'm on 44 daily propts + 49 treat propts

I know i eat way too many eggs! But they're cheap, high protein, and good for point values! I've been gasping thursty today...now that the sinus infection and antibiotics are out of my system....my body is back to normal

how many points is an egg? I thought it was two propoints for medium and 3 for large? I love eggs too on the old system. great filler for the morning.

I just chopped up a pineapple for lunch tommorow with fresh fruit to be added and yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

God I am finding this confusing! Suppose I will get used to it after a while but at the minute, am finding it tough enough.

I use the iSkinny app and I emailed the guy today and he said there will be an update in the next week for the pro points so hoping that will make it easier.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

tantipie wrote: »
    i have one,,i dont find it great to be honest:(

That's what I've heard from a few people. Not sure if I want to waste €35 on something that may not work properly.

I had my first weigh in after Christmas and was down 5.5lbs. Couldn't believe it, I honestly thought I'd was up a few lbs. I've now set a few mini goals for between now and the summer in order to get nearer to my ultimate goal!!!

irishneady wrote: »
    how many points is an egg? I thought it was two propoints for medium and 3 for large? I love eggs too on the old system. great filler for the morning.

I just chopped up a pineapple for lunch tommorow with fresh fruit to be added and yoghurt.

A whole egg of 28g is 1 propts

a single egg white is 0 protps

2 or more egg whites is 1 propts

I follow weights, i dont use small,medium,large...too much leeway, to easy to convince my self that something is medium....when it really is a large portion

• Advertisement

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/weight-watchers-mobile-uk/id406356219?mt=8

I know its in the english one, I dont use apps, but im sure if ye emailed the makers of this app maybe they'd make it available to the irish market. make your desire for the app known.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/weight-watchers-mobile-uk/id406356219?mt=8

I know its in the english one, I dont use apps, but im sure if ye emailed the makers of this app maybe they'd make it available to the irish market. make your desire for the app known.

I created a new itunes a/c for this app. Just a matter of giving UK address (I used a friend's) and you don't have to give credit card details. I used a different email add from my normal one. This is a brilliant app and it's free! Much better than the ones you have to pay for and creating the UK a/c is simple. If you're registered online then you can track with it as well, very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

WOW This thread is soooo busy now! Im absolutely delighted!!
    Welcome to everyone btw!! Everyone seems soooo motivated and its just wonderful to see! It boosts my motivation too so well done everybody and good luck :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

GREAT THREAD!!!! Thanks for setting this up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

A whole egg of 28g is 1 propts

a single egg white is 0 protps

2 or more egg whites is 1 propts

I follow weights, i dont use small,medium,large...too much leeway, to easy to convince my self that something is medium....when it really is a large portion

Anyone any ideas as to what a medium egg weighs? I think you're right about weighing them all, very disciplined I must say!

• Advertisement

Anyone any ideas as to what a medium egg weighs? I think you're right about weighing them all, very disciplined I must say!

Small - 30g

Medium - 45g

Large - 65g

actually only looked into that properly now....eeeeeeeeep i think i should be pointing my eggs a bit higher! (i actually went out to weight the current eggs....holy crap) I'm not the buyer of eggs in the household... ah crap...must go a rethink my brekkie now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Small - 30g

Medium - 45g

Large - 65g

actually only looked into that properly now....eeeeeeeeep i think i should be pointing my eggs a bit higher! (i actually went out to weight the current eggs....holy crap) I'm not the buyer of eggs in the household... ah crap...must go a rethink my brekkie now :P

It's close though? Maybe throw one egg white out of the concoction and it be same?

Quorn sasauges are good but I haven't propointed them.... Yet!

On iPhone here so it's hard to quote other pols comments... But well done to all who have lost, maintained and joined
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I created a new itunes a/c for this app. Just a matter of giving UK address (I used a friend's) and you don't have to give credit card details. I used a different email add from my normal one. This is a brilliant app and it's free! Much better than the ones you have to pay for and creating the UK a/c is simple. If you're registered online then you can track with it as well, very handy.

I tried this tonight, with no success. It required credit card details.
    How did u manage to bypass this?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

WOW This thread is soooo busy now! Im absolutely delighted!!
    Welcome to everyone btw!! Everyone seems soooo motivated and its just wonderful to see! It boosts my motivation too so well done everybody and good luck :D:D

Same as that- getting carried along on this tidal wave of enthusiasm! Fantastic- even though I am having the week of the weakest/non-existent will power since I joined WW.

(Am trying, but now have a family funeral tomorrow and Friday to deal with, I have not got the motivation to get my ass in gear properly- but it's great to come on here and read how well everyone is doing.)

Can I ask anyone else that got the pro-points calculator- can it account for activity points? Have mislaid instructions. Thanks guys.

GREAT THREAD!!!! Thanks for setting this up :D

WSS!!! :D

Celebrations chocolates are 1 pro-point each and one finger of Twix standard bar is 4 pro-points. <slap on the wrist for me!>

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

i've decided to bite the bullet and re-join ww next week, originally joined in jan 2009 and got to my ideal weight but as soon as i got to it within weeks i'd have half stone back on, have been yo-yoing between the two ever since (though after xmas i'd say i've a good 11lbs to lose if not more to get back to that ideal) but i really want 2011 to be the year I get back down and actually maintain it this time!! wish me luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hi astra did you sign up using an irish credit card and giving an irish address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi astra did you sign up using an irish credit card and giving an irish address?
    Hi I signed up usind my irish ulster bank debit card, it cost 35euro approx for 3mths, there is an offer on at the moment it costs approx 10 per mth after the three mths are up. I entered my real address, but had to choose a uk county so I put in co down, it worked!

I am glad that people are finding this useful and thanks to all the pp contributors, hopefully having a list in one place will make it easier to find info.

Red wine 125ml pp3
    dry white wine 125ml pp3
    special k originalbar 22g pp2
    cadbury curly wurly 26g pp3
    semi skimmed milk 142ml pp2
    skimmed milk 142ml pp1
    mince beef extra lean raw 125g pp6
    tuna in brine 56g pp1
    pasta white cooked 225g pp7
    pasta wholemeal dried 28g pp3
    brown rice boiled 100g pp4
    white rice easy cooked 150g pp6
    Also just a little tip for following propoints but hasnt signed up, most fruit are now o points, as are the usual salad food and veg, if you are not sure of a product just ask and hopefully one of us will come up with an answer.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Great thread - thanks Astra.

New York Bagels - 6pp (but WW Bagels are only 4 pp :))
    WW yoghurts are still only 1pp
    Pork chop 125g - 6pp
    Ryvita - 1 pp each
    Nature Valley Ceral Bars - 5pp
    Tesco 70g Houmous pots - 5pp
    18g of jam/honey etc - 1pp
    Mikado biscuits - 1pp

I bought a digital ProPoints calculator for €10.95 at my class on Tuesday and it's the best €10.95 I ever spent!
    Good luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I think it's ok to earn extra points, but don't use them!! So if you're exercising really intensely and are earning 6 points a day, aim to only use 2 a day on food/drink.

I usually earn 2 or so bonus points a day, but I never usually use them for food, unless necessary! But with the weekly allowance of 49, I don't think I'll need to use the exercise points at all!

Ok, earn but don't eat... I'm sure I can manage that :)

Thanks a mil for the help!

• Advertisement

Is anyone else finding it confusing? I think for me, some of my old reliables are now so high in points they are no longer reliable! Yesterday was my first day but I was off sick so wasn't able to go the shop or anything. But managed to point what I ate. Went 3 over but they can come out of my 49. Most of the reason I went over was that I was limited to what was in the presses so not so worried. Had to have a bagel for breakfast which is now 6 propoints which really pushed me up. With low fat cheese meant my breakfast alone was 8 points. Dinner was high too, I made spaghetti bolognase which worked out to be 14 points but I had too much spaghetti so could quite easily bring it down to 11 and still be full. I guess it's all learning.

Today I've had porridge with skimmed milk and sugar for 5 points. I have bread, mayonnaise, beetroot and ham for lunch so thats 2+1+0+2 = 5 so I am already down on yesterday. I have grapes and nectarine for snacks. And if I am hungry I have a nature valley bar but they are now 5 propoints for the two bars instead of the old 3 :-(

But I have 29 a day so I guess enough to have one if necessary and still leave plenty for my dinner.

God I'm confused just writing this!!

Great thread, Astra, thanks a mill.

I only started in class last night, but will contribute when I've figured things out.

Edit: Cadbury Chocolate Fingers 1pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

PinkChick wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding it confusing? I think for me, some of my old reliables are now so high in points they are no longer reliable! Yesterday was my first day but I was off sick so wasn't able to go the shop or anything. But managed to point what I ate. Went 3 over but they can come out of my 49. Most of the reason I went over was that I was limited to what was in the presses so not so worried. Had to have a bagel for breakfast which is now 6 propoints which really pushed me up. With low fat cheese meant my breakfast alone was 8 points. Dinner was high too, I made spaghetti bolognase which worked out to be 14 points but I had too much spaghetti so could quite easily bring it down to 11 and still be full. I guess it's all learning.

Today I've had porridge with skimmed milk and sugar for 5 points. I have bread, mayonnaise, beetroot and ham for lunch so thats 2+1+0+2 = 5 so I am already down on yesterday. I have grapes and nectarine for snacks. And if I am hungry I have a nature valley bar but they are now 5 propoints for the two bars instead of the old 3 :-(

But I have 29 a day so I guess enough to have one if necessary and still leave plenty for my dinner.

Hi pinkchick like you I am finding it a tad confusing, but I do like the change too I feel like I am more motivated by it. I am doing the weekly shop today and cant wait to have a bit more variety like you I was using up the last bits in the fridge. I am allowed more points than you so I suppose it is a little easier for me.
    I know what your saying about thinking you have eaten too many points for breakfast but keep reminding yourself that you have more points now. Maybe you could add some fruit to your breakfast tomo and use less points until you get your head around the propoints. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

I'm totally perplexed.

The first thing that I find very strange is that almost everyone in my class is on 29 points, these are people of all heights and weights. I pretty sure that my friend who was on less points than me in the old programme now has the same ammount of points as I do eventhough she's a LOT lighter than I am.

Secondly, I'm coeliac and had managed to find really nice Gluten Free bread for 1.5 points a slice on the old programme now it's 3 Propoints a slice. 6 propoints for 2 pieces of bread :( That's ridiculous.

So just like you Pink Chick my old reliables have all gone.

PinkChick wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding it confusing?

Hi PinkChick,
    Today is my first day on the propoints and I agree it is quiet confusing. But then I think wasn't it the same when i first started WW and was pointing everything? We just need to wipe our minds of all the old values and just think of the new ones.

I do think this plan is better, I always thought it was a bit ridic that fruit had a points value on the old plan. But things like those awful pink n whites were only half a point. People used to rave about them, but I would rather have eaten cardboard...probably wld have been more filling too! (sorry to anyone who actually likes them!)

I think the little spinny wheel thing is very awkward to use. I downloaded the iwatchr app last night and filled in all the fields with the figures that were posted on this thread. I just tried the example in the book we got in class last night for weetabix. The app is telling me 4 points but the book says 3...any suggestions where I'm going wrong?

Hi Kildare, I can't help you with iWatchr. I remember reading on the weightwatchers.co.uk website that it often came up with the wrong values, even in the old system. I have iSkinny and it always gave the same on the old one. Apparently there is an update out in the next week or so for the propoints. The guy who makes it is very good about emailing back as well.

Thats terrible about the gluten free bread. Would it be better to make some maybe? There must be something less than that, it seems so high for a piece of bread.

I think the new system will be better for us all. Eating more variety and not relying on low pointed carbs to fill us can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

kildareash wrote: »
    I tried this tonight, with no success. It required credit card details.
    How did u manage to bypass this?

Hi, I'm at work at the moment so no access to itunes but I'll post proper reply to this when I get home. From memory, where you have the list of payment methods you should have a 'no payment details' option. I'll get back to you.

ETA: make sure it's the UK itunes store you are in as well, this won't work for Irish one.

Hi, I'm at work at the moment so no access to itunes but I'll post proper reply to this when I get home. From memory, where you have the list of payment methods you should have a 'no payment details' option. I'll get back to you.

ETA: make sure it's the UK itunes store you are in as well, this won't work for Irish one.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that.
    I wasn't getting that option on the uk one, only on the Irish site.

Slaygal wrote: »
    I'm totally perplexed.

The first thing that I find very strange is that almost everyone in my class is on 29 points, these are people of all heights and weights. I pretty sure that my friend who was on less points than me in the old programme now has the same ammount of points as I do eventhough she's a LOT lighter than I am.

Secondly, I'm coeliac and had managed to find really nice Gluten Free bread for 1.5 points a slice on the old programme now it's 3 Propoints a slice. 6 propoints for 2 pieces of bread :( That's ridiculous.

So just like you Pink Chick my old reliables have all gone.

Good luck with finding a better bread- 'fraid can't help there.

Our leader was saying in class that almost everyone is going to be on 29 points- (same as the absolute minimum was 16 on the old points.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Thanks a million for the support everyone. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only confused Weightwatcher :)

KildareAsh, I'm haven't Propointed my own bread yet I'm going by the pocket guide. Thanks for the idea of making my own bread I hadn't thought of that.

It's TOTM too which explains my moanyness and muddled thinking. :(

Muirgheal, I wondered if maybe the 1st week everyone was on 29 Propoints like Faststart on the old system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement