Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

kildareash wrote: »
    I asked that question last night too, my concern is do you have to eat a certain amount of points each day for optimum weight loss. I understand you can't carry points over and with the treat allowance plus extra activity points, I can't imagine I'd ever need to.
    I only had 4 points left last night, but I had 2 WW bagels (@5pp each) for lunch coz they're small and to use up points.
    If I had a low-point lunch such as no-point soup, I'd be seriously under my points for that day.

I am going to aim to use all my points in future (will be no prob at the weekend) I have over 4 st to lose so as I go down my points will reduce I am worrried that if I dont use all the points when my weight goes down I will stop losing or it will get more difficult.
    I worked out the points I am using today to the old ww points and even if I include the fruit I am still using less points than the old system allowed me, I think this is because the new points gear us to better choices, as someone else pointed out a piece of fruit is free, so more than likely we will pick that as a snack rather than a 2/3 point treat that is of little nutritional value, leaves us craving for more, and doesnt satisfy.

tantipie wrote: »
    laughing cow lite is free, if your only having one triangle!!!
    I will have to stop myself from manipulating that rule, Im sure they mean one in a day, but if I am in a certain mind frame I could convince myself it would be ok to have a free one for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe even as a snack inbetween:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

astra2000 wrote: »
    The same thing is happening with me, I figure out that when I get a little more used to the points this will happen less. It def wont happen tonight will be using some points on a couple glasses of red wine!!

all my 49 treat points are for wine tommorow night and a bit of finger food at a party
    i had them this morn and pointed them at 3 also,,was yum with hot milk and free banana!!!about 8 months since i had a banana,,as i was too mean to use 1.5 points on one:D

snap- used to opt for velvet crunch vs bannana
    I am going to aim to use all my points in future (will be no prob at the weekend) I have over 4 st to lose so as I go down my points will reduce I am worrried that if I dont use all the points when my weight goes down I will stop losing or it will get more difficult.
    I worked out the points I am using today to the old ww points and even if I include the fruit I am still using less points than the old system allowed me, I think this is because the new points gear us to better choices, as someone else pointed out a piece of fruit is free, so more than likely we will pick that as a snack rather than a 2/3 point treat that is of little nutritional value, leaves us craving for more, and doesnt satisfy.

yes i was thinking same. I am on minimum but still i figure if i make myself use my points better I will stay motivated longer.

which reminds me - your goal weight is what? you look at the charts select your height and chose you goal - or are you told by the leader - cos if so I wasn't given a goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

irishneady wrote: »

which reminds me - your goal weight is what? you look at the charts select your height and chose you goal - or are you told by the leader - cos if so I wasn't given a goal?
    it's on the chart but she picked mine out of thin air,,i'm 5ft2 and she decided 9st5 is my goal,,i've told her over and over it's not as i think i'll be too small and will be a constant struggle to stay at that weight.In the chart it says 9st 11lb is the max i should be but that would mean only 11 more lbs to go before goal and then they'd get no more money from me eh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Id say you are better off trying to use all of your daily allowance of 29 if you can... try using the points you have left over on sauces, gravy, etc to add a bit of flavour to your meals... thats what ive been doing.. 2 tsp of gravy granules come to 1 ppt, handy to throw over that grilled chicken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I too was wondering whether or not to use any points I have left at the end of the day. The last 2 night I have had some crisps to use them up. I am going to try & stick to the 29 a day to see how that goes.

I am doing it online so I picked my own goal weight. I would advise you to choose a goal weight you feel will suit you, sometimes leaders choose a low weight meaning you never get to becom a goal member and avail of free meetings/weighins once you remain at goal (give or take a few lbs).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

it's on the chart but she picked mine out of thin air,,i'm 5ft2 and she decided 9st5 is my goal,,i've told her over and over it's not as i think i'll be too small and will be a constant struggle to stay at that weight.In the chart it says 9st 11lb is the max i should be but that would mean only 11 more lbs to go before goal and then they'd get no more money from me eh!!!

I would pick whatever bmi 25 is for your height as your goal. And stick to your guns, speak to her again next week. If you go on to lose more than that well & good but at least you'll have your gold card & be able to maintain this higher end goal, rather than setting it at something that is hard to achieve and even harder to maintain.

I'm 5'4 (on the ww computer system, I since discovered I'm actually 5'3!) and my official goal is 10 stone. Personally I'm happier at 9'7 and this is what I try to keep at.

the way i look at it is 29 pp is only 16 discover points,,and 16 was the lowest we could go on discover, so i'm sticking to 29, don't want my body going into starvation mode:rolleyes:
    ya 9st11 is a bmi of 25 so will speak to her again next week

so is it when you reach 9'2 or 9'11 you are gold member like? I must look up the chart now what mine is :(

I just made up some zero soup- wasn't bad.

Tin of chopped tomatoes
    Carrots
    Celery
    Onion
    Garlic clove chopped
    tsp curry powder
    few drops of tabassco sauce (almost positive I read tabassco was zero)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

ww bagels are 4 each:D

Really? Was sure I read 5 on the packaging! May check again. Feck! Cld have had another slice of ham on them!

Id say you are better off trying to use all of your daily allowance of 29 if you can... try using the points you have left over on sauces, gravy, etc to add a bit of flavour to your meals... thats what ive been doing.. 2 tsp of gravy granules come to 1 ppt, handy to throw over that grilled chicken!

I'm on 34 points...but that's a great tip bout the sauces.

I'm presuming malibu is 2pp - same as vodka. Having a bit of a girls night out tomorrow night and I plan to blow a few of those treat points. Wine is a bit expensive (points wise) and I don't drink beer. Don't suppose anyone knows how many points in West Coast Coolers? Think they're very high in calories tho.

BTW, someone mentioned velvet crunch...just had a bag at lunch and they're 2pp...not bad and quiet tasty :)

so is it when you reach 9'2 or 9'11 you are gold member like? I must look up the chart now what mine is :(

I just made up some zero soup- wasn't bad.

Tin of chopped tomatoes
    Carrots
    Celery
    Onion
    Garlic clove chopped
    tsp curry powder
    few drops of tabassco sauce (almost positive I read tabassco was zero)
    for me it's 9st11 to get to goal

I am doing it online so I picked my own goal weight. I would advise you to choose a goal weight you feel will suit you, sometimes leaders choose a low weight meaning you never get to becom a goal member and avail of free meetings/weighins once you remain at goal (give or take a few lbs).

so do I tell leader my goal as this wasn't even discussed?
    I would pick whatever bmi 25 is for your height as your goal. And stick to your guns, speak to her again next week. If you go on to lose more than that well & good but at least you'll have your gold card & be able to maintain this higher end goal, rather than setting it at something that is hard to achieve and even harder to maintain.

Yea I feel the lower end is too small for me and not totally unachieveable but i also want to enjoy my life lol. so as above do i tell her my goal so long as it is in healthy bmi range then it is ok yes?

BTW, someone mentioned velvet crunch...just had a bag at lunch and they're 2pp...not bad and quiet tasty :)

Yea they nice. dunnes multi pack salt and vinegar sticks are 3 propoints

Really? Was sure I read 5 on the packaging! May check again. Feck! Cld have had another slice of ham on them

yip i just had a bagel and double checked the pacakaging!!!
    velvet crunch are yum,,chilli flavour:)

so do I tell leader my goal as this wasn't even discussed?
    just ask her what is your goal,,but make sure your card is still in machine.like while your being weighed, as she can't give you a goal if it's out,,not until next week again,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

GonnaB wrote: »
    As the weekend is nigh I just looked up the nutritional info on Coors Lite and worked out that it is 1 pp per bottle!!! I got the same nutritional info from a number of different sites!! I'm gonna take that as accurate for this weekend and ask the leader next week......:D :);)

Does anyone have any pp values for chinese dishes as there aren't many listed in the first weeks book?????

Am questioning my committment to this?!:eek:

Don't want to burst your bubble but Coors light seems to be 4ppts per bottle. It seems quite confusing but there seems to be a different formula used for alcohol. If you search wiki it shows a formula for alcohol which takes into account alcohol sugars???? I'm no expert and am oh learning like everyone else, but wouldn't want you to think that these were really low point values and then be disappointed at Wi next week. Don't lose heart. We're all finding our feet, but after a couple of weeks we'll be dab hands!!! And remember you have 49 bonus points. That's 12 bottles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I should probably backtrack on what I said before about talking to your leader again re ultimate goals asfaik the slant on it these days is not to even tell you at your initial weigh in , that you shouldn't worry about it, and just focus on your 1st silver seven, your 5%, more silver sevens, your 10% etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

Got a reply email from ww re bulmers/magners light

Thankyou for your email. Apologies we do not have all this information in the shop book. The ProPoints values of* Magners Light Cider are as follows:

330ml bottle = 4 ProPoints

500ml can = 6 ProPoints

Not great news but will just have to work with. Comes as no surprise to me that alcohol is not good for me when I'm trying to lose weight!!!

now the dilemma,,have 5 bottle of coors lite or bottle of wine:p

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

jackmax wrote: »
    bubbaloo where did you find the pp for a pork chop? i was searching for it yesterday cos i had them for dinner and couldnt find it anywhere!! i was delighted to see it on here so thanks a million :D

Hi Jackmax - my husband is a chef and he said it's the same fat as a pork loin steak, which is in the book! :) So I weighed the pork chop and pointed it accordingly.

• Advertisement

I should probably backtrack on what I said before about talking to your leader again re ultimate goals asfaik the slant on it these days is not to even tell you at your initial weigh in , that you shouldn't worry about it, and just focus on your 1st silver seven, your 5%, more silver sevens, your 10% etc.

whats asfaik mean? well my 10% goal is only a few lbs away from the bmi 25 anyway?

whats asfaik mean? well my 10% goal is only a few lbs away from the bmi 25 anyway?
    as far as i know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

fofany wrote: »
    I too was wondering whether or not to use any points I have left at the end of the day. The last 2 night I have had some crisps to use them up. I am going to try & stick to the 29 a day to see how that goes.

Maybe try to use em up with healthy non-fruit/veg snacks instead like nuts/seeds... Flax seeds are a great healthy snack that you could throw on top of natural yoghurt or your cereal or whatever... i think it 2 ppts per tablespoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

I think you are right on this- when I started back the leader was reluctant to name a figure, just encouraged me to continue as I was. I'm following online now and was give a range within which I should choose my goal. It went between 8st2 and 9st 12..I went for9st 7..any less than that and I know i would look desperate. It's important to know when enough is enough!

These are lovely really chunky and filling:)

Green isle oven crisp chunky cut 100g pp3
    150g pp5

oh and tayto lfcs 25g pk pp3

hi all

3 triangles of Xtra light laughing cow is 3 ppoints
    krisp rolls = 1 ppoint for 1, 3 ppoint for 2
    Chickatees - 2 ppoints
    Skips - 2 ppoints

I had a pack of salt and vinegar sticks dunnes brand from a multi pack that worked out at 3 ppoints
    treble crunch - 3 ppoints
    tayto onion rings - 2 ppoints

p.s - i am looking up some nutritional info online for some of these so don't scream at me if they are wrong. some i did do myself with info on front of me

Uncle Bens Risotto - Bacon and Mushroom 12 ppoints

(planned on having it for dinner but am placing her back on the shelf as it means no goodies for dvd time)

Amoy Straight to wok noodles.
    they come in 2 x 150g packets for those who know them.

each packet inside works out at 6 ppoints
    or broken down per 100g its 4 ppoints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

KayTee wrote: »
    I think you are right on this- when I started back the leader was reluctant to name a figure, just encouraged me to continue as I was. I'm following online now and was give a range within which I should choose my goal. It went between 8st2 and 9st 12..I went for9st 7..any less than that and I know i would look desperate. It's important to know when enough is enough!

When I first went to a meeting, after my first meeting the leader sat down with me and ASKED ME what I'd like my final weight to be.

I think different leaders have different approaches to the classes.

I dont want to go too thin cos i'm naturally stocky build...i'd look sickly if i went too far I'd be happy anywhere between 11 - 12st. and that still has within a healthy BMI

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Small - 30g

Medium - 45g

Large - 65g

actually only looked into that properly now....eeeeeeeeep i think i should be pointing my eggs a bit higher! (i actually went out to weight the current eggs....holy crap) I'm not the buyer of eggs in the household... ah crap...must go a rethink my brekkie now :P
    im laughing here on this thread, cos i feel sorry for all the hen,s who have lay these eggs for us , cos we are on ''eggxtra'' eggs since propoints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Started back on Weight Watchers in the new year...being super super good too. Not cracked so far...but its the 1st weekend so really need to stick to my guns on it...

Cooking all my meals from scratch- which I dont mind as I love cooking....i cook up a batch of soup ever few days and bring it to work then i cook up a new WW receipe for dinner every night.

Only prob is the exercise...its difficult with this weather. i cant afford to join a gym so i was just going to do walking or an exercise vid...
    So far i have lost about 2lb- which is ok as i have not done any exercise...
    So next week I am going to step up my game on it- Hoping to lose a stone by end of the month.

Start weight 154.4
    Week 1- 153

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement