Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasures!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I like to melt a dairy milk in a cup in the microwave, throw some skittles in and eat with a spoon!

I like colouring books to pass the time....I'm 29!!

I get coldsores occasionally. I like to sqeeze them before they burst. It's really painful but I find they heal quicker and are less obvious cos they don't go yukky yellow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

^^^ i love colouring too! :)

my guilty pleasure would be eating chocolate and junk.
    acting like a kid at christmas by putting the tree up a tad early perhaps and making christmas wish lists LOL
    buying too many pairs of shoes. i lovvvvvveee shoooooooes!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

Oh my God, I've been going through this thread nodding at almost every post! :eek: I must be some kinda trash junkie! :o

I absolutely looove kids' movies, especially Christmas ones, The Santa Clause, Home Alone, etc..the next couple of weeks are going to be good for me!
    Oh yeah, and Titanic, no matter how much I moan and bitch about it being on every single Christmas, without fail I end up watching until the end! :P

Another one is tabloids...God they're a comedy goldmine sometimes! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I absolutely looove kids' movies, especially Christmas ones

Miracle on 34th Street *sniff* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I absolutely love watching Jamie Oliver cook on tv. Actually, I often watch episode after episode of cookery shows online... but he's my very favourite. So cute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thats not really a guilty pleasure though.Cookery shows are practical,informative and help finding fun new foods!!.I have a bit of a man crush on Hugh Fernley Thingamajig from River Cottage and will watch anything he is in.:-o As an FYI for all the Christmas junkies out there,the 100 greatest Christmas Moments is on More4 at 12.45 Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Nope. I watch every cooking show going, and I have never once in my life attempted to cook anything I saw off it! Always say I will, but never do.

So it is a guilty pleasure. Watching food turns me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I just figure loving Jamie Oliver is something you're meant to do in secret 'cause no one ever seems to have anything nice to say about him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Sometimes if I've nothing on and I'm alone in the house for the evening I watch episodes of Little House on the Prairie on Youtube! :o

When we were kids we used to watch it and laugh at how cheesy it could sometimes be. However they have ran some really hard hitting storylines too and I would often be left quite shaken/ overwhelmed after it! The acting in that show was really superb.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Truley wrote: »
    Sometimes if I've nothing on and I'm alone in the house for the evening I watch episodes of Little House on the Prairie on Youtube! :o

Ah Youtube. I love watching tv in the bath on my laptop*. Once I watched the entire sequel series of The Girl From Tomorrow; Tomorrow's End in one bath.

*The laptop is on a chair far away from the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Oh Iguana, thank you for reminding me of the Girl From Tomorrow!!

My the hours I spent with a hairband on my forhead trying to lift stuff.

Or be Geordi La Forge :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Truley wrote: »

If I could thank this post a million times I would, thank you for giving me the best laugh this morning! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

I love MTV Made. I get all emotional and proud of them when they're "made" :o

I've given it up but I used to eat the Frubes and Cheez Dippers from the kid's school lunches when they were out sick!

Worse still, buying Haribo for class prizes and eating it out of my desk drawer...

Nekkid Sundays!

Bitching on the X Factor thread.

Buying stationary and coloured pens.

Young adult books: The Mortal Instruments series, Georgia Nicholson Diaries and the Twilight Saga.

hahaha I thought I was the only one who did this about Mtv made...

My guilty pleasures are watching repeats of house, two and a half men, friends, 16 & pregnant, teen mom, the hills...Mtv pretty much

I love cadburys tiffin and the weird thing is most people assume it's horrible when they haven't even tried it, it's AMAZING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Oh and come dine with me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Toast after beers...love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

papagormo wrote: »

if a kebab isnt available then toast is awesome soakage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

papagormo wrote: »
    With a good cup of hot tea :) Less messy and cheaper than a kebab too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

1. staying in the city after work and booking into a nice hotel with the missus for room service, a nice room and an evening of indulgence

2. McVities chocolate digestives and a pot of tea when I'm on my own

3. Pizza & Peroni Beer

4. West Wing sessions - 12 hour long ones......

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Watching The Gilmore Girls. It's so feel good! Also, perusing perezhilton . His bitchery and pandering disgusts me- but at the same time, I always go on it. My bf thinks it's awful and I'm ashamed to tell him I look at it. if he comes into the room when i'm looking at it I 'x' out of it really quickly before he can see! I'm so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Faith wrote: »
    God, me too! I always end up biting too much though, and my fingers look manky. I'm too embarrassed to get manicures!

me too! It's disgusting, i'm ashamed of the state of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

A Sunday in PJs.. and duvet on the couch watching Come dine with me till I'm starving and then ordering a take away for delivery!

Watching full series of friends and even making excuses why i cant do stuff so i can stay in bed watchin it!!

The Popsugar website. Loves my celeb gossip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Facebook stalking. Everyone does it. I love it.

Perezhilton.com, total guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Watching glee, being nocturnal, and spending too much money on books and shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I think this thread was made for me.
    • Obsessively cleaning everything from the bathroom floor in my house to my keyboard at work and yet my room looks like my make up was in an epic battle with all of my dirty clothes. :o
    • American Idol, American What Not To Wear, America's Next Top Model and more recently The Only Way is Essex.... Only on Sundays as I'm usually hung over. :o
    • Facebook stalking... :o
    • Kids movies. Especially the ones where dogs can talk.. Like Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
    • Biting the skin around my nails. My favourite is playing the guitar non stop for a few hours and the next day I can bite off the calous which starts to form... :o
    • I like to make up songs about random things to annoy my boyfriend. Last night I made up a song about my new JML mop.
    • JML products... Oh the shame.
    • I cuddle my dog and kiss her in the mornings.. Then when I come home from work she sits on my lap and I pretend to have a conversation with her about our days......
    • Randomly singing cheesy ballads to my OH at really bad times. Like that moment he's just about to fall asleep - I'll suddenly belt out "I can't liiiiiiiiiiiiiive if living is without yooooooooooou!" at the top of my lungs...... I wonder why he's still going out with me....
    • The Sims.
    • Going into Debenhams and spraying myself with the sample of Dolce and Gabbana "The One" cause I can only afford it on holidays...
    • Making sure everything is colour co-ordinated.. Even if it's not seen. Bracelets, earrings, shoes, underwear - everything...
    • Drawing ridiculous scenarios involving zombies.. I have an entire collection of things like this in my notepad. My boyfriend wants me to start a silly blog.
    • Listening to Fairytale of New York in June.
    • Hillbillies. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
    • Sweet Chilli Sauce on EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    I'm sure there are way more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm so glad my friends know these things and still choose to hang around with me! :o:D

Secretly liking when AC/DC songs come on radio nova - only in my classroom after school when they kids have gone home. I even dance :o. I would never listen to them anywhere else. They're tragically uncool.

Secretly liking when AC/DC songs come on radio nova - only in my classroom after school when they kids have gone home. I even dance :o. I would never listen to them anywhere else. They're tragically uncool.

I'm not afraid to proclaim my love for ACDC, Iron Maiden & Kiss! *headbangs* :D:o

However, guilty pleasure when it comes to music has to be Rupert Holmes' Escape! "If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain!"

Another guilty pleasure when I watch TV is Deal or no Deal. It makes me cry sometimes and I think thats why I watch it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

NoDice wrote: »
    I think this thread was made for me.
    • Obsessively cleaning everything from the bathroom floor in my house to my keyboard at work and yet my room looks like my make up was in an epic battle with all of my dirty clothes. :o
    • Facebook stalking... :o
    • Kids movies. Especially the ones where dogs can talk.. Like Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
    • Biting the skin around my nails. My favourite is playing the guitar non stop for a few hours and the next day I can bite off the calous which starts to form... :o
    • I like to make up songs about random things to annoy my boyfriend. Last night I made up a song about my new JML mop.
    • I cuddle my dog and kiss her in the mornings.. Then when I come home from work she sits on my lap and I pretend to have a conversation with her about our days......
    • Randomly singing cheesy ballads to my OH at really bad times. Like that moment he's just about to fall asleep - I'll suddenly belt out "I can't liiiiiiiiiiiiiive if living is without yooooooooooou!" at the top of my lungs...... I wonder why he's still going out with me....
    • The Sims.
    • Making sure everything is colour co-ordinated.. Even if it's not seen. Bracelets, earrings, shoes, underwear - everything...
    • Drawing ridiculous scenarios involving zombies..
    • Listening to Fairytale of New York in June.
    • Hillbillies. Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
    • Sweet Chilli Sauce on EVERYTHING!!!!!!

you pretty much just wrote out my post for me!! :D

you pretty much just wrote out my post for me!! :D

Ha ha ha! Delighted! Glad I'm not the only one!!! :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Staying up really late when I'm not working and staying in bed really late the next morning

Advertisement