Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasures!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Novella wrote: »
    Tbh, I've actually watched The Notebook about five hundred times and I know all the words and sometimes when I'm alone, I watch it and talk along with the characters.

I am the same way with the Princess Bride :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Me too!! I love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get goose bumps still when he says as you wish :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jujibee wrote: »

And me with Pulp Fiction :)

My other guilty pleasure: Dark chocolate. 70-80% cocoa solids. With an equally strong cup of coffee. There is nothing quite like it.

Also, really cold full-sugar Coke from a can. I try and avoid it because it's so high in calories and it's terrible for you, but it's so good - had a can in my drop bag for after the Dublin Marathon this year, and it was the best thing ever. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Novella wrote: »
    Tbh, I've actually watched The Notebook about five hundred times and I know all the words and sometimes when I'm alone, I watch it and talk along with the characters.

"It wasn't over... It still isn't over!!"

I cried the first time I saw that film :o

Another guilty pleasure of mine has resurfaced now that the weather is cold again... After I've showered and had my breakfast, I sometimes jump back into bed for ten minutes or so, it's sooooo nice (but there is always a danger I will fall asleep again... Hasn't happened to me yet this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jujibee wrote: »

I LOVE that movie, its my sick day dvd, and The Goonies.
    Princess Bride is one of those movies I could never get sick of watching, I showed it to my 7 year old nephew a while back and he loved it,along with Indiana Jones and Back to the Future, his movie education has begun :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Fishie wrote: »

Another guilty pleasure of mine has resurfaced now that the weather is cold again... After I've showered and had my breakfast, I sometimes jump back into bed for ten minutes or so, it's sooooo nice (but there is always a danger I will fall asleep again... Hasn't happened to me yet this year)

I always do that :D:D
    It's the snuggest time of the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I love to peel back the skin and suck out the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I love the film Enchanted, get goosebumps every time I watch it, really sad I know, but love it.

Especially the part in central park, "that's how you know that you love her"

lol I'm so sad :P

Also, I want that dress. Oh god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Eviledna wrote: »

You couldn't dance to S club 7 in that dress.;)

I love the Night At The Museum Movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

When my son goes to his dads for the day my duvet comes out to the couch and I spend my day in front of the TV eating biccies and drinking tea.
    Best day of the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hob Nobs and tea..
    quality in a cuppa.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I always tell friends "I'm busy tonight" when in reality I'm sitting in with my mother watching Snow White/ Babe/ Beethoven/ any tat film, with my blanket, fleecy pyjama's, and most importantly FLEECY SOCKS! Also, a takeaway is most definitely included.
    To be honest I enjoy those nights more than the ones involving clubs, and drama, and hassle. Mmmm, junk and comfort food and films.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

2 stroke wrote: »
    I love to peel back the skin and suck out the juice.

enjoy your permanent holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

And another, and this is definitely a guilty pleasure.
    I quit smoking for awhile a bit back, but quit quitting, however I'm still insisting I've massively cut back.
    At the moment, I FACKING LOVE CIGARETTES!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Kablamo! wrote: »
    And another, and this is definitely a guilty pleasure.
    I quit smoking for awhile a bit back, but quit quitting, however I'm still insisting I've massively cut back.
    At the moment, I FACKING LOVE CIGARETTES!!!

As an ex-smoker I feel your pain. I quit smoking years ago but my favourite guilty pleasure used be sitting on the balcony with a cup of black coffee and a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Another guilty pleasure - Gilmore Girls - Wish E4 would stop showing it:D Although I buy my mam the boxsets so I'm doomed!

Buying Christmas presents! Happens this time every year, just start going mad! Of course my loved ones deserve to be treated, but actually find it hard to stop buying more and more for my bf and mam and dad especially, lucky them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

SugarHigh wrote: »
    BBC Radio 4. My friends already think I'm like a 50 year old.

+1... Especially In Our Time - not even my closest friends know about my crush on Melvyn Bragg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I used to love listening to the archers on bbc, really miss listening to them now! haha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

maple wrote: »
    As an ex-smoker I feel your pain. I quit smoking years ago but my favourite guilty pleasure used be sitting on the balcony with a cup of black coffee and a smoke.

Jaysus, I only smoke when I'm drinking but now I think I'll go have a cup of tea and a cigarette by the pond :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Listening to my fave pop stuff from 10 (or more) years ago and thinking its cool.
    Eating chocolate, I really try to cut down so when i have some i love it!
    Watching the truly great (almost funny) horrors like Scream trilogy and knowing all the lines.
    Ann summers shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

I just youtubed S Club 7 after reading this thread and it scary how much of the words I still know :eek::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Can't believe I forgot this one - I make mix cd's and listen to them in the car. I love when I get to go for long drives by myself 'cause I can sing along and no one will complain! I tend to put the cheesiest songs ever on these cd's too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Eviledna wrote: »
    I love the film Enchanted, get goosebumps every time I watch it, really sad I know, but love it.

Especially the part in central park, "that's how you know that you love her"

lol I'm so sad :P

I even have the song on my i-pod!! Love this film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Mine is Disney films - I once spent 100 euros getting the special limited edition of the Little Mermaid. Love Aladdin too - I know all the words and sing all the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

The Late Late toy show!

At 26 I'm not exactly in their target age range...but I don't care! For the last 6 xmases since myself and the OH were together, we light a big fire, get in some sweeties, pop corn and crisps/choccie. Sit in our pjamas and watch each toy, deciding on which we'd have liked from santy.

We are big kids, but there is a certain nostalgia in keeping the tradition alive since we were kids, and one day when we have kids they will do the same.

Can't wait:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i LOVE 80's music most of my ipod is filled with it
    At the moment I'm loving Dead or Alive-- You spin me right round :D

but my most guilty pleasure is the Twilight books sad I know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Biting my nails. It's just so satisfying. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Biting my nails. It's just so satisfying. :o

I love biting the skin around my nails :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love biting the skin around my nails :o

God, me too! I always end up biting too much though, and my fingers look manky. I'm too embarrassed to get manicures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I love sitting down with a big bowl of pickled onions :o

So many people hate them but dear god are they delicious

Advertisement