Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

He will be in Afghanistan killing people for oil on behalf of the British government.

He can't even accept he lives in Ireland (which is an island) and doesn't even accept northern Ireland is part of the island of Ireland. We don't need to persuade people who say things like 'so called united Ireland' he can't even accept Ireland is an island made up by 2 states. When these irrefutable facts are ignored its clear its a waste of time even talking to them.

Frankly people like him have had it their own way for far to long, to the detriment of the Irish people as a whole and the nationalists in the North. If he can't accept that he shares an island with us why should be bend over backwards to persuade him? His ignorance on southern life and irrational fear of a united Ireland is laughable.

Even when the Irish people vote for a united Ireland there is talk of 'loyalist resistance' anti democratic nonsense from them. Ive no interest in 'persuading' these people, its a waste of time. Just let nature run its course and the people will vote for re unification without needing to persuade.
    Look at the history of the island and there has always been violence. It would be no different if a United Ireland happened. Would just be a new campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Look at the history of the island and there has always been violence. It would be no different if a United Ireland happened. Would just be a new campaign.

The campaign would have no legitimacy, there would be no viable political objectives. Disregarding a democratic vote in that manner would be fascism.

Go back to killing innocent catholics because Britain can't wait to wash its hands of you and the people of the 6 counties voted for a united Ireland? :rolleyes:

Would you support such a campaign?

The campaign would have no legitimacy, there would be no viable political objectives. Disregarding a democratic vote in that manner would be fascism.

Go back to killing innocent catholics because Britain can't wait to wash its hands of you and the people of the 6 counties voted for a united Ireland? :rolleyes:

Would you support such a campaign?
    Nope. But i know the kind of people who would get involved and resist Dublin rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nope. But i know the kind of people who would get involved and resist Dublin rule.
    Terrific, so you will accept a UI then.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Terrific, so you will accept a UI then.
    Iv always said i would only resist in an armed way if the IRA killed a family member. As much as i would not want to, i think it would turn me completely from peace.

But yeah, i will accept the majority.

• Advertisement

Iv always said i would only resist in an armed way if the IRA killed a family member. As much as i would not want to, i think it would turn me completely from peace.

But yeah, i will accept the majority.
    Well the IRA is gone

Well the IRA is gone
    You say that, still got nutters running about calling themselves the RIRA. And include the plastic UVF in that.

You say that, still got nutters running about calling themselves the RIRA. And include the plastic UVF in that.
    So if oglaigh na heireann, the dissident lads, killed a family member you would take up arms and fight against the democratic will of the people?

So if oglaigh na heireann, the dissident lads, killed a family member you would take up arms and fight against the democratic will of the people?
    No. In a UI. I have no doubt groups like that will still exist if a UI ever did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

danbohan wrote: »
    nonsense , it will be just as welcome as nationalists in northern ireland were from 1922-1969 , surely you will be happy with that ?

So it's revenge you seek in this do called united Ireland then?

• Advertisement

Then in what possible scenario would you resist? Only if a non existent force killed a family member?

Bravado to live up to the NO SURRENDER sh!te you blather

Then in what possible scenario would you resist? Only if a non existent force killed a family member?

Bravado to live up to the NO SURRENDER sh!te you blather
    Ah, don't worry yourself. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

No sweat keith, we will bring back hanging in Ireland.

maxxie wrote: »
    No sweat keith, we will bring back hanging in Ireland.

Judging by the attitude of more then a few people on this thread I wouldn't be surprised if you brought back gas chambers if you ever got your so called united ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

junder wrote: »
    Judging by the attitude of more then a few people on this thread I wouldn't be surprised if you brought back gas chambers if you ever got your so called united ireland.

Im not paying that gas bill!

Theres plenty of rope to go around, so behave yourself junder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Brought BACK gas chambers?

More inane ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

When did we ever have gas chambers in Ireland? Do they replace Nazis with Irish people in your history books or something? No wonder you're so fearful of us.

The truth is junder - Unionists would be treated perfectly fine in a UI. Any rhetoric you see on this forum is reactionary banter from some posters, who are probably tired of your illogical and asinine suggestions and assumptions.

We'll fight and don't surrender
    But come when duty calls
    With heart and hand and sword and shield! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

dlofnep wrote: »
    The truth is junder - Unionists would be treated perfectly fine in a UI. Any rhetoric you see on this forum is reactionary banter from some posters, who are probably tired of your illogical and asinine suggestions and assumptions.

Yes, they'll have to pay the same high taxes as the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

mgmt wrote: »

no , you forgot about the land repatriation taxes , they will be paying 2x everybody else !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

But come when duty calls

nice that the spirt of christmas has touched you so deeply keith !

I love christmas :D lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Fianna Fail, the republican party, ended the United Ireland dream. Just forget it.

dlofnep wrote: »
    When did we ever have gas chambers in Ireland? Do they replace Nazis with Irish people in your history books or something? No wonder you're so fearful of us.

Illogical, How exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Illogical, How exactly?

I believe I already explained that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

mgmt wrote: »

This despite the fact that taxes are lower in the south than the 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

This despite the fact that taxes are lower in the south than the 6?
    I'd pay their taxes for their health service in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

But come when duty calls

You claim to be majority
    Well you know that it's a lie
    You're really a minority
    On this sweet emerald isle

You like being the dominant majority so you can bask in triumphalism and antagonise your nationalist neighbours.

But the times they are a changin.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

He will be in Afghanistan killing people for oil on behalf of the British government.

How big are the reserves of oil in afghanistan hmm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

You claim to be majority
    Yes.
    Well you know that it's a lie
    No it isn't.
    You're really a minority
    On this sweet emerald isle
    Not yet. And what makes you think even when catholics are a majority they will vote for a united Ireland?
    You like being the dominant majority so you can bask in triumphalism and antagonise your nationalist neighbours.
    Maybe their nationalist neighbours should just grow up and stop being antagonised about a war they lost many hundreds of years ago?

Advertisement