Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    It's not illegal when it doesn't break any laws.

Are you serious? The occupation and settlements are a flagrant violation of a number of UN resolutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

dlofnep wrote: »
    That doesn't excuse it's actions I'm afraid. Israel is as much of a terrorist state as any other states around it.

Regardless - even if Israel was a morally sound state (Which it isn't) - It still wouldn't excuse it's actions regarding settlements, bulldozing down of people's houses, and stopping legitimate aid from reaching an impoverished people.
    Well when they shout Allah Akbar and then blow themselves up, you can see why the tensions are high and Israel do bad things in reaction. Not excusing it but it goes in roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Lets not do that here. Destroying that lie will see the thread closed
    It's no lie that Israel's existence doesn't break any international laws. Therefore it can't be called illegal. Whether or not it's wrong is another matter.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Well when they shout Allah Akbar and then blow themselves up, you can see why the tensions are high and Israel do bad things in reaction. Not excusing it but it goes in roundabouts.

Settlements aren't a reaction to any bombings. They are a conscience move to expand Israeli territory.

And yes - You were excusing it.

Are you serious? The occupation and settlements are a flagrant violation of a number of UN resolutions.
    Israeli settlements are illegal I agree with you there. But there is nothing illegal about it's existence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

It's no lie that Israel's existence doesn't break any international laws. Therefore it can't be called illegal. Whether or not it's wrong is another matter.

But Isreal's BEHAVIOUR breaks dozens of them.

Now can we get back to watching Junder and Keith AFC dance for our amusement?

Who said anything about Israel's existence? I made it perfectly clear that we were referencing Israel's illegal occupation of Palestinian territory. Israel is perfectly entitled to exist on the land defined as per the 1967 borders. Anything beyond that is illegal.

But Isreal's BEHAVIOUR breaks dozens of them.

Now can we get back to watching Junder and Keith AFC dance for our amusement?
    Your amusment? You made a right pillock of yourself with your 66 joke in the football section. :rolleyes:

Settlements aren't a reaction to any bombings. They are a conscience move to expand Israeli territory.

And yes - You were excusing it.
    How do you know that? Perhaps they wake up one morning and say, the let off a bomb last night, lets knock down their homes.

Israeli settlements are illegal I agree with you there. But there is nothing illegal about it's existence.

So why exactly are you arguing with me if you agree that the settlements are illegal? Where exactly did I make a reference to the existence of Israel being illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So why exactly are you arguing with me if you agree that the settlements are illegal? Where exactly did I make a reference to the existence of Israel being illegal?
    Simple, republican says something; MUST DISAGREE!!!!

A misunderstanding. We're in agreement on Israel so.

A misunderstanding. We're in agreement on Israel so.

No probs dude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    Read my post again.

No one is saying that all Unionists are Nazi BNP supporters but certainly the BNP are organising themselves in Loyalist working class areas. I hope they fail and don't win over the hearts and minds of most of the people in those areas.

The nf, c18, bnp have been trying to organise in working class loyalists areas for decades and have still got no were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

The only reason i favour Israel is because i support their right to exist. Same with Northern Ireland.

what about nationalists right to exist ?, you denied them that right for 50 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

junder wrote: »
    The nf, c18, bnp have been trying to organise in working class loyalists areas for decades and have still got no were

t5k9is.jpg

A whose who of UDA men at a National Front March in Belfast

t5k9is.jpg

A whose who of UDA men at a National Front March in Belfast
    Wow, look at all those thousands of Unionists. Amazing.

danbohan wrote: »
    what about nationalists right to exist ?, you denied them that right for 50 years
    Meh. Same old argument. Been done to death. Now nationalists accept the state. Good news.

Yer and just look at how many nf / bnp councillors / mlas have been elected since then

Meh. Same old argument. Been done to death. Now nationalists accept the state. Good news.

haha , you ask your soon to be new first minster does he accept your state. try adjusting now keith it will be easier for you in long run , how about making a new years resolution to learn irish or gaa maybe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

There has been countless dissident bombs in the last year. Doesn't mean the VAST MAJORITY of republicans support them.

Same with that argument. A boring argument to be honest.

Lol. You can't deal with the issue without the 'us and them' factor.

They're two different issues. I can happily discuss the current militant Irish republicanism with you no problem. You on the other hand can't deal with the issue of racism/sectarianism abuse in loyalist areas witout trying to deflect the issue.

danbohan wrote: »
    haha , you ask your soon to be new first minster does he accept your state. try adjusting now keith it will be easier for you in long run , how about making a new years resolution to learn irish or gaa maybe ?
    He works for my country. I don't mind.
    Lol. You can't deal with the issue without the 'us and them' factor.

They're two different issues. I can happily discuss the current militant Irish republicanism with you no problem. You on the other hand can't deal with the issue of racism/sectarianism abuse in loyalist areas witout trying to deflect the issue.
    Nope. I’m just pointing out the stupid logic in the argument. Trying to put across the point that there is a real racist link in Loyalism and groups like C18 and the BNP and Loyalists is just stupid.

They are a tiny minority. Just like dissidents are in the republican movement. Now what is there to discuss? I can't do anything about them, just like a lot of republicans can't do much about the dissidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I think you should check so many other posts which have accused me of being a bigot and yet as far as im aware, no warning.

Then report them. We can't be everywhere at once and can only respond to the posts which come to our attention.

kotj can we just lock this now? It aint going anywhere

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

does it ever ?

Why would you want to lock this thread when your all doing such a great job if selling us your so called united Ireland. You have all left me and Keith with the impression that our culture will never be welcomed in your so called united Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

That is why your opinion should never, and will never be taken seriously. You support Israel, only because nationalists support Palestine. It is reactionary politics, and an archaic mindset to have.

You neglect the reality that Israel bulldozes down houses of Palestinians evicting them from their own land - so that they can create illegal settlements at the expense of the local population.

the 2 unionist chuckle brothers on here aren't a good advert for unionism thats for sure. unbelievable ignorance being shown.

Why would you want to lock this thread when your all doing such a great job if selling us your so called united Ireland. You have all left me and Keith with the impression that our culture will never be welcomed in your so called united Ireland.
    Sure wont you be busy off in Afghanistan?

Wonder what we will here in 30 years in relation to Brit army activities over there.

Fact is people like you will never be presuaded, but people like you won't need to be.

nonsense , it will be just as welcome as nationalists in northern ireland were from 1922-1969 , surely you will be happy with that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Sure wont you be busy off in Afghanistan?

Wonder what we will here in 30 years in relation to Brit army activities over there.

Fact is people like you will never be presuaded, but people like you won't need to be.

He will be in Afghanistan killing people for oil on behalf of the British government.

He can't even accept he lives in Ireland (which is an island) and doesn't even accept northern Ireland is part of the island of Ireland. We don't need to persuade people who say things like 'so called united Ireland' he can't even accept Ireland is an island made up by 2 states. When these irrefutable facts are ignored its clear its a waste of time even talking to them.

Frankly people like him have had it their own way for far to long, to the detriment of the Irish people as a whole and the nationalists in the North. If he can't accept that he shares an island with us why should be bend over backwards to persuade him? His ignorance on southern life and irrational fear of a united Ireland is laughable.

Even when the Irish people vote for a united Ireland there is talk of 'loyalist resistance' anti democratic nonsense from them. Ive no interest in 'persuading' these people, its a waste of time. Just let nature run its course and the people will vote for re unification without needing to persuade.

Advertisement