Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

In carlow and no snow but frost and very cold. Very little wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very windy with the showers here. The last few showers have been a mix of grauple and snow. A nice layer of snow on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Stopped now , give me a chance was quite worrying the way it was coming down, roads are goin to be he'll tomorrow .... Shopping Christmas parties all to be cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

gally74 wrote: »
    Blizzard in Galway unreal heavy, everything white

it's heading my direction

Hope that comes this direction

Good chance it will

Web_radar.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Stopped now , give me a chance was quite worrying the way it was coming down, roads are goin to be he'll tomorrow .... Shopping Christmas parties all to be cancelled
    was it that bad gally it gave u a fright? icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Good chance it will

Web_radar.gif

Ohhh, really:D:D:D. IM SO EXCITED

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

I seriously need to get off this thing, I'm driving myself mad with all the f5ing. Not a bit of snow in sight here. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some good news.

Yep, woke up and it was letting rip, real intense, watching twitter aswell , Belfast seems to be hit quite hard,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Pure Graupel for ages, roads are icy and cars are frozen. Starting to snow a bit now, it's landing on the higher ground but not on my road yet.

The roads are very deceptive, take your time if you have to drive, had a couple of slips myself tonight on roads that actually looked grand.

Heading for bed soon, wonder will I wake to a winter wonderland?

Hope not! I have yet to do my Christmas shopping! D'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Rougies wrote: »
    wow

Dublin 16, enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Why do we want all this snow ? I'm begining to think that this quest for deep snow originates from the ice age and that its now a tribal virtual virginal sublime thought that envokes the animal trait in us that makes us extremely happy because we have a chance to sit in our Home/Den , have a few beers with our closest friends , perhaps escape from the pressures of everyday technology so we can all escape from the rat race ( even for a few days ) and experience the joy and simplicity of the way our ancestors possibley lived.. knowing that we will return to a higher standard of living once the ice melts and the holiday period ends!

Sounds Good to me ...All we need is that bloody snow ......by the bucket full !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just drove out the motorist from Galway. Not much snow on it but there was a four/five car accident, take it easy out there.
    Meanwhile it's snowing here again:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Anyone got anything in Kerry?

Yeah. Up by Currans there's been a very light covering of snow ontop of cars. Nothing settling on the roads but hardly any has fallen really either other than that already mentioned on the cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

dak wrote: »
    Why do we want all this snow ? I'm begining to think that this quest for deep snow originates from the ice age and that its now a tribal virtual virginal sublime thought that envokes the animal trait in us that makes us extremely happy because we have a chance to sit in our Home/Den , have a few beers with our closest friends , perhaps escape from the pressures of everyday technology so we can all escape from the rat race ( even for a few days ) and experience the joy and simplicity of the way our ancestors possibley lived.. knowing that we will return to a higher standard of living once the ice melts and the holiday period ends!

Sounds Good to me ...All we need is that bloody snow ......by the bucket full !!!

Plus..it makes everywhere look pretty! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can anyone answer me a question that has been bothering me the last few days? I need to drive from Cork to Limerick tomorrow night at 10pm. Will i be safe enough to do this or is there a danger that the road conditions might be too bad? Appreciate any advice on this because i really need to get home.

This all goes back to school being cancelled when we were all kids, it was some high back then

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

I found this forum a week ago and thought that i'd hit on the real deal. The Northwest was going to get a hammering and this time I was going to be ready! Cancelled everything for tomorrow, was ready to move out of my rural abode and shack up somewhere near gritted roads...like i was forced to do 2 weeks ago. But it's just a windy night with a wee bit of hail...can somebody please explain. Small wonder people are disbelievers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

chucken1 wrote: »
    Plus..it makes everywhere look pretty! :)

And Everything perhaps ?

And Everything perhaps ?

That too I suppose :)..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I like this analysis, it fit's in with how I feel haha! You can just imagine a group of cavemen down in rural Galway 4,000 years ago on the 17th December, the snow starting to fall, its comes down heavier, covering the fields and the whole landscape. The men saying in Irish, "ah here f*ck this lads, crack open the ale there, we'll stick the women and the sprongs into your cave Pheheen, and we'll head over to mine for a laugh and crank up a great auld fire and play a few tunes, sure we've stocked up with pigs and beef til this time next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Ennis, Clare
    Current Temp -1
    Dewpoint -2
    No snow
    Bloody cold out

Hopefully will stay clear for next 24hours as I am HOPEFULLY going to have a baby in limerick tomorrow ;)

DarkJager wrote: »
    Can anyone answer me a question that has been bothering me the last few days? I need to drive from Cork to Limerick tomorrow night at 10pm. Will i be safe enough to do this or is there a danger that the road conditions might be too bad? Appreciate any advice on this because i really need to get home.

Hwere is the latest chart (prediction) No (falling) snow in the Cork area and light snow near Linerick. the maps are constantly changing! www.netweather.tv

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I found this forum a week ago and thought that i'd hit on the real deal. The Northwest was going to get a hammering and this time I was going to be ready! Cancelled everything for tomorrow, was ready to move out of my rural abode and shack up somewhere near gritted roads...like i was forced to do 2 weeks ago. But it's just a windy night with a wee bit of hail...can somebody please explain. Small wonder people are disbelievers!

Were in the NW, Letterkenny is getting it bad since 3pm. Loads of snow, roads are treacherous, beginning to freeze in-between snow flurries.

Snowing again

I like this analysis, it fit's in with how I feel haha! You can just imagine a group of cavemen down in rural Galway 4,000 years ago on the 17th December, the snow starting to fall, its comes down heavier, covering the fields and the whole landscape. The men saying in Irish, "ah here f*ck this lads, crack open the ale there, we'll stick the women and the sprongs into your cave Pheheen, and we'll head over to mine for a laugh and crank up a great auld fire and play a few tunes, sure we've stocked up with pigs and beef til this time next year!

4000 years on...the wimmins are goin for ale too!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭secman

Best of luck with the special delivery !

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

this cold spell is going to last for at least a week, the cold front was only meant to approach on Thursday and by Friday morning the north and west in general (but not all ares) should have significant accumulations. This is what I have picked up from the experts here. Later in the weekend other areas should get some snow but it's very much a nowcasting situation.

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Ennis, Clare
    Current Temp -1
    Dewpoint -2
    No snow
    Bloody cold out

Hopefully will stay clear for next 24hours as I am HOPEFULLY going to have a baby in limerick tomorrow ;)

Ah you'd prefer to have a Clare baby!! ;)
    Seriously, best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Snowing again

Knockdoe, where exactly is that?
    Still nothing up here in hills above knocknacarra.
    Time to sleep, here's to a downpour overnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement