Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    *looks up at the sky*
    :(

I dont know what Im looking for up there..:o..white fluffy clouds??

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Taken an hour and half ago.
    sea is 40ft to your right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I'm just wondering, this is the second year I've been on this forum following a snow event and I've noticed that no matter where the snow is coming from, be it from the east or the north, when compared to the UK, they always seem to get decent clouds over the country on the radar and we ALWAYS seem to get the little scraggly little sh*tty bits of broken up clouds that might drop some snow, but it's never a big consistent cloud that dumps a load of snow like what the UK get every time, it's ALWAYS some sh*ttty collection of little bits of clouds...

You'd think if it comes straight down from the north, surely we are are likely to get a large full cloud over us with the right air temp and DP conditions, as the UK???

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

typhooner wrote: »
    galway\connemara acting as a snow shield for co.clare at the moment

I know, its awful. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

rember this guy from last year :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteMp3OQu98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I'm just wondering, this is the second year I've been on this forum following a snow event and I've noticed that no matter where the snow is coming from, be it from the east or the north, when compared to the UK, they always seem to get decent clouds over the country on the radar and we ALWAYS seem to get the little scraggly little sh*tty bits of broken up clouds that might drop some snow, but it's never a big consistent cloud that dumps a load of snow like what the UK get every time, it's ALWAYS some sh*ttty collection of little bits of clouds...

You'd think if it comes straight down from the north, surely we are are likely to get a large full cloud over us with the right air temp and DP conditions, as the UK???

I agree with this and why is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

light snow here for last 15 minutes, garden and footpaths now covered, -1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Anyone know what time the snow is due to arrive in Dublin at tonight?

this is only the very beginning of it. . .

Yep! Act one scene one ;)

hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

I've been messing around with this, how do you embed the video's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Just after having a snow shower:D light-moderate in nature lasting for about 15 mins and gave a slight covering on the ground, hopefully there will be more to come:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

I know, its awful. :(

shower crossing connemara now looks to be on track for north clare, not sure if will stay in tact to reach as far as Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Taken an hour and half ago.
    sea is 40ft to your right

where is this??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭eigrod

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    where is this??

his username might be a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

fizzycyst wrote: »
    rember this guy from last year :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteMp3OQu98

From the start of the cold spell a few weeks ago in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Yep! Act one scene one ;)

take 1 million and 32

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

eigrod wrote: »
    his username might be a clue.

:o doh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

just my opinion but maybe cause we are closer to the atlantic&their land mass is alot bigger than us

It's more contenental type snow in the UK, I used to live in east anglia between Cambridge and Ipswich, snow was rare but in Norfolk it was common to get the snow off the north sea it always stopped about 10 miles north of where I lived (the wrong side of the Suffolk mountains)and 5 miles south of where I worked! got stuck in work several times because of that! If you really want the deep stuff try Kent or Scotland.

• Advertisement

typhooner wrote: »
    shower crossing connemara now looks to be on track for north clare, not sure if will stay in tact to reach as far as Ennis

I'm in ennistymon. Hoping, praying:p

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Rougies wrote: »
    From the start of the cold spell a few weeks ago in Dublin :D

Thanks for that Rougies :D Gave me a good giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

DarkBlonde wrote: »

I got that clip at the last snowfall when it went viral, it actually annoyed me, like the cast of the Meteor Crimbo ads filmed trying to get to Lillies, so pretensious!

seen this before and its all put on!anyway back to the snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

I got that clip at the last snowfall when it went viral, it actually annoyed me, like the cast of the Meteor Crimbo ads filmed trying to get to Lillies, so pretensious!

wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Blizzard in Galway unreal heavy, everything white

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

bout 3cms of snow now 5 miles south of tuam. loads more on way by looks of radar on rain 2day

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

gally74 wrote: »
    pictures? video?

• Advertisement

gally74 wrote: »

Hope that comes this direction

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement