Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Reservation code has been taken cheers James

just missed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

I have a reservation code for Blanchardstown West End...who ever pm's me first gets it :)
    (Collection until 8th)

CODE GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    I have a reservation code for Blanchardstown West End...who ever pm's me first gets it :)
    (Collection until 8th)

Sent :)

ronaneire wrote: »
    Sent :)
    damn ...

davoxx wrote: »
    damn ...

.... sorry man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

any unwanted codes for Dublin area?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    (Collection until 8th)

CODE GONE

Did you get confirmation email or text that the netbook is in stock in blanch?

My mate went down yesterday to pick up his as they had none in. They said to try again today. He didn't get a text or email confirming that it was ready for collection.

.... sorry man

no it's cool .. i got the code :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

spannerism wrote: »
    Did you get confirmation email or text that the netbook is in stock in blanch?

My mate went down yesterday to pick up his as they had none in. They said to try again today. He didn't get a text or email confirming that it was ready for collection.

I received a text that its ready for collection

davoxx wrote: »
    no it's cool .. i got the code :D

That's all you got ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

If any other codes for West End are knocking around please let me know! Tried calling them again this morning and again they said none in stock or due to come in, but that this would exclude any reserved units arriving in...

If someone has two codes for West End I could even pick up theirs (for them) plus my own (if they give me the second code!).:)

g0g wrote: »
    If any other codes for West End are knocking around please let me know! Tried calling them again this morning and again they said none in stock or due to come in, but that this would exclude any reserved units arriving in...

If someone has two codes for West End I could even pick up theirs (for them) plus my own (if they give me the second code!).:)

Think you may join the very very long queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

Think you may join the very very long queue

The queue system is in your head, we ain't on adverts selling items, people can give the code to whoever they want. Reality check.

bestie wrote: »
    The queue system is in your head, we ain't on adverts selling items, people can give the code to whoever they want. Reality check.

Keep your insults to yourself! As it is it seems Argos don't have them in stock and the codes run out when?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Well if there's no queue then I'll happily buy a code from someone!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Just wondering if anyone who managed to get their hands on one of these could give an opinion as to how much of a bargain it really is? Are people happy with the computer in itself, or is the misprice fever getting the better of us?

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

colferma wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who managed to get their hands on one of these could give an opinion as to how much of a bargain it really is? Are people happy with the computer in itself, or is the misprice fever getting the better of us?

Thanks,

M

Based on the TrustedReviews review, I don't think its that great a deal at all

http://www.trustedreviews.com/laptops/review/2010/10/29/Acer-Aspire-D255/p3

Depending on what you're intending using it for, you might be better off with an older generation device running XP instead of a cutdown version of Win7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

colferma wrote: »

Thanks,

M

I had an Acer 17" laptop 9300 series running win7 and on 2 gigs ram.
    Sadly it died a a major death and as it happened I bought one of these. (Using it to type this)
    I have no complaints with it.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Got mine this morning. Grand machine. Plays 720p YouTube videos without a hitch. Dumped the windows 7 starter for ultimate. The only drawback is 1gb of ram and it's looks like a tricky operation to replace it. Anyway it's for the niece so once the colour matches her socks she won't give a monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The netbook is fine

Some people aren't gone on Win7 lite but its grand and will do the job

While not an insane deal, these still go for about 300 euro lowest across Europe. The chip is also very new. The only issue I've ever had with netbooks is they can be a bit slow with multiple youtube windows etc open and have a little difficulty playing more HD type stuff - the chip in this should really help that

Everything else is standard and I think it does have good battery life - these acers are up there with the samsung and asus models in terms of quality

I now use my netbook more than my desktop and other laptops put together, they are great little things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Got text this morning advising ready to collect. Rang store and confirmed in stock and price is €224.99, good deal. Hopefully it will be an able replacement for my Advent 4211.

How is the netbook going for those that have purchased this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

chris85 wrote: »
    Got text this morning advising ready to collect. Rang store and confirmed in stock and price is €224.99, good deal. Hopefully it will be an able replacement for my Advent 4211.

Chris85 can I ask what happened your advent my daughter was using one for school work and broke the screen if your screen is ok can we do some deal on it

Chris85 can I ask what happened your advent my daughter was using one for school work and broke the screen if your screen is ok can we do some deal on it

I would but have it already promised to a relative. Great little machine and my favourite laptop i've had

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

chris85 wrote: »

Hi Chris,

What story did you get the text from?

No text yet for me :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Reserved 2 on 1st Dec and picked up two in Argos today. No hassle with price.

I was not notified when they came in. They should have been in yesterday so I would advise anyone with a reservation number to ring the store JIC.

spannerism wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

What story did you get the text from?

No text yet for me :(

Thanks

Liffey Valley store for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

ISOT wrote: »
    Will pm you one later, just picked up the last one in castlebar.@€;225

Cheers for this

I collected mine in Kilkenny today 225.00

Thing is I have a Samsung n130 so dunno which to keep

I guess the battery would btterr in this , in that its new

The screnn looks well nice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got mine in LV today, grand machine for the price. Going to spend a bit of time ripping Win7 apart and leaving only the essentials on it.

Cheers for this

I collected mine in Kilkenny today 225.00

Thing is I have a Samsung n130 so dunno which to keep

I guess the battery would btterr in this , in that its new

The screnn looks well nice

spoilt for choice there. I am sure if you choose to keep the n130 someone here would give you the money you paid for the Aspire no problem.

Looking forward to getting mine later. Will have to get rid of lots of programs and stuff running on it. Also unsure about this Android dual boot thing, will see what it is like but appears to be muck according to reviews.

Anyone know the cheapest place i can get an external DVD drive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Code avail for Liffey Valley for collection Today

PM me, 1st come etc. (NOW GONE)

Picked mine up today, it's a perfect travel accessory.

Advertisement