Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Adding myself to the list if someone has a code for Waterford thanks.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry to dig up an old thread again, but am still on the lookout for a similarly good deal. Does anyone have any opinion on this from Expansys? The deal here was D255 and the model I'm looking at is D260, so could it be assumed that's a later/better model?

Can't seem to find anything else in the around-€200 category!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Appears to be that the D26O is a lot lower spec with only a single core processor and 160gb hard drive, then there's the fact its refurbished which can be a bit of a lottery when it comes to aesthetics, i think the reason we all went for Acers was the good value of this Argos one otherwise most users would go for the highly rates Samsungs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

can anyone that got this (Acer D255) confirm if it has bluetooth?

Can figure out how to turn it on, and I've now come to the conclusion that it doesnt have bluetooth:eek: wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

* Save €70.00
    * €329.99 See the Additional Information panel for the pricing footnote.
    * was €399.99

Mark as expired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

These are on amazon with free deliver for £252 -the brown ones. £299 for the black. Not as good, but still ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

There is no Bluetooth on these none that I can find anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

cojomo2 wrote: »
    can anyone that got this (Acer D255) confirm if it has bluetooth?

Can figure out how to turn it on, and I've now come to the conclusion that it doesnt have bluetooth:eek: wtf?

Just checked the box off my sons one and on the side panel under Bluetooth is says NO. Hope that helps.

You can get bluetooth dongles on ebay for approx 4euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kids charger died for this, anyone know the exact part number?

Acer website isnt very helpful as to what model this is.

great laptop btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

dreamers75 wrote: »

great laptop btw

Surely its still under warranty? Anyhoo is there not a model / part number of the sticker attached to it.

great laptop btw

I would suggest a spurious one from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspire-one-D255-ADP-40TH-LAPTOP-CHARGER-CORD-/250862708291?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PowerSupplies&hash=item3a68952643#ht_4709wt_1139 way less hassle and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

JG009 wrote: »

I'd suggest not.

Though the original charger was also probably manufactured in China, a 'spurious' generic model from a Chinese ebay merchant is not something I'd want plugged into my kids bedroom wall socket.

I'd suggest not.

Though the original charger was also probably manufactured in China, a 'spurious' generic model from a Chinese ebay merchant is not something I'd want plugged into my kids bedroom wall socket.

I did try find a UK one, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

great laptop btw

Hi,

the model number is :ADP-40TH A

I bought one of the Acer netbooks this thread is about and unless you get it for a good price I wouldn't bother. It's fairly slow after having it for about 6 months. Maybe spend a bit more on a faster machine and avoid netbooks wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I bought one of the Acer netbooks this thread is about and unless you get it for a good price I wouldn't bother. It's fairly slow after having it for about 6 months. Maybe spend a bit more on a faster machine and avoid netbooks wherever possible.

what you doing on it. You say avoid netbooks at all costs. Mine is very fast and handy for my use. Yes it isnt made for high performance applications but this laptop is great for what it does.

I still get about 6 hours on the battery and boot up time is handy and the OS is simple. Exactly what i wanted and glad i picked it up.

Advertisement