Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

bestie wrote: »
    that one was only a single core n450 with DDR2 ram

I since apologised. Any codes left then : )

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Thanks a million Quaderno, for the OP and the res code!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Got mine today in Tralee for 225, price had gone up but beacause I reserved it at 225, they were happy to accept

Thanks Quaderno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lads stop sending me pm's asking for the reservation code. I'm going into Argos tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

It's nice to see that you fellow boardsies enjoyed this thread :)
    To conclude it I want to mention two great programs I use, which make this (and any other netbook or notebook) a lot more useful. Both are freely provided under the GPLv2 licence as well as fully open source.

The first one is synkron, a multi platform folder synchronisation tool which can be used to bring the files on your netbook up to date before you take it out and synchronise everything you have changed with your main machine when you come back - with basically one click. So you always have the same, current documents on both (or more) computers, no matter which one you used last.

Secondly, when at home, I love to use synergy+, which essentially shares the keyboard and mouse of your main machine with your netbook. You place the netbook at the side of your monitor (or notebook) and tell the software that it sits to the right (or left) and vice versa. Now your mouse pointer will simply move to the screen of the netbook whenever it leaves the screen of your other machine. While the mouse pointer is on your netbook it also switches your keyboard to the netbook, so you can fully use it without even touching it. It's just like a screen extension - only better, because you still have two fully independent machines.

Enjoy!

Edit: The link to the synergy site doesn't seem to work at the moment. You can still check here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

can confirm also, that the sob story about the snow worked. be persistant, but nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

emo72 wrote: »
    can confirm also, that the sob story about the snow worked. be persistant, but nice!

Good to know they can be flexable

really liking the netbook, haven't found win 7 starter limiting me in any way yet, managed to switch the background too but not straight forward. Browsing plenty fast, flash content runs just fast enough and battery life very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Good to know they can be flexable

really liking the netbook, haven't found win 7 starter limiting me in any way yet, managed to switch the background too but not straight forward. Browsing plenty fast, flash content runs just fast enough and battery life very good

how do you change the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

chris85 wrote: »
    how do you change the background?

http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/03/28/surprise-you-cant-change-your-wallpaper-in-windows-7-starter-edition/

on the page above there's a comment from bubbles the monkey
    followed that, did need to change the owner permission of the current wallpaper to rename it and follow the other regedit instruction

there is a YouTube video with link to a wallpaper changer exe which might be simpler if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

chris85 wrote: »
    I would but have it already promised to a relative. Great little machine and my favourite laptop i've had

Thanks anyway chris85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

I have a code for a store in Dublin, i was unable to collect due to weather :(

would it still be vaild?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

No, definitely wouldn't be valid, so you can just send it on to me......:cool:

will ring them in the morning and find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

will ring them in the morning and find out :)

Don't forget to have the faux tears on standby for quick deployment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

I have a code for waterford that needs to be collected by tomorrow Friday 10th. First to post here can have it.

*Gone to batteries*

me please!

Heading to my sisters tomorrow in Waterford :)))

next!

Mine is available. Needs to be collected by 8pm tonight in Waterford.

kensutz wrote: »
    Mine is available. Needs to be collected by 8pm tonight in Waterford.

I've no car until monday : ( do you have to collect it from the one in waterford. Theres no swapping which branch you booked is there?

Yeah and no switching.

• Advertisement

thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

JG009 wrote: »
    I've no car until monday : ( do you have to collect it from the one in waterford. Theres no swapping which branch you booked is there?

If you ring the branch they will extend the collection date. I picked up one today for a friend, no bothers at all in the Kilkenny branch.

Appreciate the replies, but I think its best to give it to someone closer. Hopefully a few deals like this will come up after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrFixItt

anyone have a code for dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I've got 1 for liffey valley for collection by close tomorrow, first to claim it and pm it's theirs

EDIT - GONE TO FLOOPER

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

If not too late I'll take it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

anyone got a code for Galway or Castlebar they dont need?
    pm me if you do!
    thnx in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cbdub81

Hey

By any chance would someone have one for Liffey valley/blanch or Swords??

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

I'd like to join the Dublin queue pls if any reservation codes available. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Adding myself to the list if someone has a code for Carlow/Kilkenny or West Dublin,thanks.

Advertisement