Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Dual Core Netbook, €225 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

I have a code for mahon in cork...my email says

This will be held at the Cork Mahon store for collection from Tuesday, December 7th 2010 to Thursday, December 9th 2010.

I have not recieved a email confirming that it is there but i presume that it is...

So if any one wants it let me know..

SORRY..NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE...JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM ARGOS SAYING THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FULFILL THE ORDER AS THEY GOT NO STOCK IN TODAY AND WILL NOT TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If anyone has 1 for Dublin city lying around send it this way please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Code avail for Liffey Valley for collection Today

PM me, 1st come etc. (NOW GONE)

Picked mine up today, it's a perfect travel accessory.
    spannerism wrote: »
    PM sent
    Damnit gotta be quick around here! :( Still looking for any code for one near the Dublin area! I know it might not be the best netbook in the world, but I'm just looking for something cheap to use for internet browsing and whatever when away from the PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Text received earlier from Limerick Crescent store that reservation was waiting to be collected. Went down and paid the €225.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I have one code to give away for Cork (Queens Old Castle), valid today and tomorrow. Just reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

If anyone has a Code for Cork I'd very much appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Here you are, Code gone.
    Bill-e wrote: »
    If anyone has a Code for Cork I'd very much appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Any dublin codes?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Don't think so! Seems to be a good few sniffing around for them too! :D Can't believe I missed out this bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭emo72

i collected mine today. 225. bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Collected mine just an hour ago and and paid the €225, typing on it as we speak. Its very nice.

its a xmas present from me to me.

g0g wrote: »
    Don't think so! Seems to be a good few sniffing around for them too! :D Can't believe I missed out this bargain!
    I missed out on it roughly 6 hours after it was posted here, If you can't believe it think how I feel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭G-Man

I'd appreciate a dublin pick up code, if anyone is not interested in theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

If anyone has a code for any in Leinster that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pstj2000

Unlikely as it is, does any1 have a code for one of the three stores in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Liam O wrote: »
    I missed out on it roughly 6 hours after it was posted here, If you can't believe it think how I feel :(

Odd: I was humming and hawing about whether or not I should pick one of these up and left it til Monday (yesterday) evening to check if a reservation was even possible. The first place I tried, Navan, had one left, despite all the calls for codes over the weekend. Maybe the Argos stock system isn't all that trustworthy? (Or maybe it's something to do with Navan.) Could be worth keeping an eye on the site over the next few days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

The Netbook is still showing up as €224.99 on the link in the OP

However when you try to reserve it - it now shows up at €339.99 in your basket instead of the €224.99.... so it looks like they have half corrected their mistake... probably in anticipation of further stock arriving!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Yes, the offer is over, in an hour or so they will correct the price on the netbook page itself.
    Oh well.. will look out for a new deal.. well done to everyone who was lucky to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Quaderno

thanks-collected ours today-well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

it's back to full price now

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5084265/Trail/searchtext%3ED255.htm

wonder if anyone got fired over this..

Does anyone have any other recommendations on a good cheap netbook? I always put a lot of research into these things unless an offer like this comes up. Oh well, onwards and upwards I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Does anyone have any other recommendations on a good cheap netbook? I always put a lot of research into these things unless an offer like this comes up. Oh well, onwards and upwards I suppose...

The same one is on pixmania for 230 plus delivery. Someone posted the link.

JG009 wrote: »
    except it's not the same:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

except it's not the same:(

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just got a text to say mine was in today. I somehow don't think I'll bother now since the price went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

kensutz wrote: »
    Just got a text to say mine was in today. I somehow don't think I'll bother now since the price went up.

Confirm the price by ringing them up or go into the store before you make that decision. I picked 2 up yesterday at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bkeano

Guess what Price on the Website is now €339 so was a great deal to those who got one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

JG009 wrote: »

that one was only a single core n450 with DDR2 ram

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

if you have a reservation, they will give it to you at the reservation price if you tell them that it was coz of the snow.

must say that was sound of them!!!

Advertisement